PDA

View Full Version : 5-6 Good CB Prospects

philfree
01-06-2005, 09:36 AM
GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT
NEWS AND INFORMATION ON THE NFL DRAFT

Home

TOP CB PROSPECTS FOR 2005
X - indicates player with an injury concern that could affect their ultimate draft status.
L - indicates player with a legal concern that could affect their ultimate draft status.
FS - indicates player could be graded at another position.
* indicates underclassmen

Antrel Rolle 6-0, 205 4.50 Miami

Marlin Jackson 6-0, 210 4.50 Michigan (L)

Carlos Rogers 6-0, 200 Auburn

Corey Webster 6-0, 205 4.55 LSU

*Adam Jones 5-9, 190 West Virginia

*Jimmy Williams 6-3, 215 Virginia Tech
----

I'm not sure if Jimmy Williams is coming out but there's still 5 solid prospects who could all go in the 1st round. All but one are ideal size for bump&run. Any of the 5 will be a big improvement over Bartee. I think I prefer Carlos Rogers because of his intensity.

PhilFree :arrow:

jiveturkey
01-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I also like Rogers and I know that I lot of people are against the idea of trading down but we are going to be in a position to move down a couple spots and still get our guy. This might allow us to pick up some additional pick next year and we will be extremely close to rebuilding in another year or two so the more draft picks the better.

ChiTown
01-06-2005, 09:50 AM
If we go CB in the first, and stay at our current draft spot, I think we take Marlin Jackson. He's a tough, physical corner, who has great cover skills. Next to Rolle, he's my favorite corner in the draft.

whoman69
01-06-2005, 09:58 AM
This is like Voyager a couple years ago spouting on about Terrance Newman. No way Rolle is going to fall to us.

philfree
01-06-2005, 10:23 AM
This is like Voyager a couple years ago spouting on about Terrance Newman. No way Rolle is going to fall to us.

IMO by the time the draft rolls around Rolle won't be the #1 rated CB. I think the other guys closed the gap this past weekend.

PhilFree :arrow: