PDA

View Full Version : My time on the planet....

ChiefsOne
01-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Is going to slow down considerably.

I was on vacation between Christmas and New Years to come back Monday and find out the owners was closing my department! They wanted me to enjoy my vacation and the holidays before they told me. I thought this might happen eventually, but wasn't prepared for it.

During my 8 years here I didn't have anyone monitoring me and could be on the Planet when ever I had time. That time has come to an end beginning January 14th.

I accepted a job offer yesterday and will begin one week from tomorrow. I am sure thing will be much different with my time on here, but will be whenever I can.

shaneo69
01-06-2005, 10:01 AM
Dude, you've been here since 2000 and only have 900 posts?

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Dude, you've been here since 2000 and only have 900 posts?

His typing is slower than mine ! ROFL

Best of luck on the new job ! :thumb:

ChiefsOne
01-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Yes, guess I am much more of a voyager than a poster.

My line of work doesn't give me much time to post, but I do read alot of the stuff on here. Going back and forth between reading here and working on projects.

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling. Although I work for myself sometimes I don't work for anybody.

Iowanian
Good luck. Its fortunate you were able to find a new job so quickly.

900 posts is pretty good in that timeframe...considering the poor guy doesn't have any fingers and types with a pencil in the end of his unit.

ChiefsOne
Maybe I will break in to century catagory by this time next week!

morphius
Good luck with the new job, hope you enjoy it. I'm glad you found something so quickly.

shaneo69
01-06-2005, 10:11 AM

My line of work doesn't give me much time to post, but I do read alot of the stuff on here. Going back and forth between reading here and working on projects.

Good luck with the new job!

ChiefsOne
01-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah I was kind of surprised to find a position so quickly, I was fortunate.

ZepSinger
01-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I can definately relate- almost the exact same thing is happening to me.

Found out on Nov. 1 that my company is eliminating my position as of Jan. 31. Fortunately, I get 2 mo. severance pay, so I'm totally good till April 1.

Immediately upon hearing the news, I started working toward beginning my own multimedia business(see my sig below). This sudden surge of work-related activity has caused my CP posting to pretty much cease.

However- when I move into my home office on Feb. 1, I should be able to get back into the groove somewhat again.

BTW- anyone here getting married better use me for their videography service, or the posts from ol' ZepSinger will dry up again.

You have been warned.

Z

ChiefsOne
01-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Zep, I am going to work at a Media company. They do TV, Radio and have their own web coporation, so maybe I will learn some stuff about that. I will be doing all their print media design and gettting into TV and internet stuff.

ZepSinger
01-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Zep, I am going to work at a Media company. They do TV, Radio and have their own web coporation, so maybe I will learn some stuff about that. I will be doing all their print media design and gettting into TV and internet stuff.

Cool!
I've been doing web development for about 7 years now, and video production for about 3. I'm pushing mainly toward wedding/special event videography, as it's steady and pays awfully good... :)

Lotsa samples by clicking below...

Z

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 11:23 AM

I gotta pay closer attention. I don't recall seeing a one of your mock drafts.