PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Stone: It is the fundamentalists fault that my movie sucked

Fat Elvis
01-06-2005, 09:36 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=493&ncid=762&e=4&u=/ap/20050106/ap_en_mo/people_oliver_stone

Wow.

My movie is an epic, but it is your fault no one watched it.

Ollie, put the bong down now.

Baby Lee
01-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Though not as malignant [yet] as institutionalized racism, this red state/blue state disconnect is borne of the same ignorance as what leads to ugly stereotyping of minorities. I'm as offended by the opinions expressed these days about 'red america' [or, . . . as it's so eloquently put. . . Dumbfvckistan] as I am by spic, wop, or dune coon.

Cochise
01-06-2005, 09:58 AM
I didn't see it mainly because it was savaged by critics and everyone I know who saw it told me it sucked.

If you were going to avoid something because it had homosexual characters in it you'd have to avoid everything on TV and in the theatres anymore. I swear, if aliens were monitoring our TV signals they'd think half the people on earth were ghey.

the Talking Can
01-06-2005, 10:00 AM
I think Waterworld was also a victim of fundamentalists.

Soupnazi
01-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Oliver is just smarter than the people who saw it and reacted by projectile vomiting.

Reminds me of Vermeil trying to tell us consistently that the defense we see is in fact, not as shitty as we know it to be.

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 10:05 AM
I don't care to see it because I think Stone is a preachy, conspiracy-theorist, boring hack who churns out the same tired crap over & over again. <i>Platoon</i> was great... everything since has been shite IMO. (ESPECIALLY <i>Natural Born Killers</i>... what a flaming pile of dung that movie was)

FTR, the History Channel had a special on Alexander not long ago - IT concentrated on the known historical facts surrounding Alexander; was very good.

Taco John
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't care to see it because I think Stone is a preachy, conspiracy-theorist, boring hack who churns out the same tired crap over & over again. <i>Platoon</i> was great... everything since has been shite IMO. (ESPECIALLY <i>Natural Born Killers</i>... what a flaming pile of dung that movie was)

FTR, the History Channel had a special on Alexander not long ago - IT concentrated on the known historical facts surrounding Alexander; was very good.

I saw it... It also alluded to the fact that he might have been gay.

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 10:19 AM
I saw it... It also alluded to the fact that he might have been gay.

He WAS gay. Well, bisexual (meaning, gay).

Ultra Peanut
01-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Oliver Stone is a retard.

I didn't avoid it because Alexander the Great and Hephaistion may have had a little somethin'-somethin' going on. I avoided it because it was universally reviled as a piece of shit, and based on his track record, I wasn't inclined to doubt that.

FTR, the History Channel had a special on Alexander not long ago - IT concentrated on the known historical facts surrounding Alexander; was very good.That was, indeed, very good. If the Hitler -- err, History Channel had more stuff like that and less WWII stuff, I'd be happy to watch it more.

Alexander is surely no Reign: The Conquerer, I'll tell you that much right now!

Fried Meat Ball!
01-06-2005, 10:46 AM
He WAS gay. Well, bisexual (meaning, gay).
Actually, it's inaccurate to say he was gay OR bisexual -- back then there were no words for it, everybody did it and it wasn't looked down upon.

But as was posted in a lengthy discussion of Alexander, it failed because it sucked. Critics, including myself, panned it because it stunk up the theaters. Just my two cents.

HC_Chief
01-06-2005, 10:50 AM
True enough... and it was really just a sidenote. The man was a military genius. Absolutely pwned (hehe) the Persians who greatly outnumbered him.

Deberg_1990
01-06-2005, 11:18 AM

I wouldnt go that far. From Platoon all the way up until Natural Born Killers, you could argue that there was no greater American Director. Platoon, Wall Street, Talk Radio, Born on the 4th, The Doors, and JFK are bona fide classics........He lost me when he made the football movie. I thought that pretty much sucked. Hes been smokin waaay too much wacky weed lately and appears to have gone off the deep end.