PDA

View Full Version : Mock You!!

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 10:39 AM
hehe ... first of thousands :fire:

i'll do my best to honor the memory of our fallen comrade Voyager :)

2005 DRAFT TWO-ROUND PROJECTION

December 16, 2004
* indicates underclassman (note several underclassmen ranked in the latest GBN Top 150 prospects listing for 2005 were not included in this draft projection)

First round

1 San Francisco *Aaron Rodgers QB California
2 Miami *Matt Leinart QB Southern California
3 Cleveland Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
4 Arizona Cedric Benson RB Texas
5 Tennessee Derrick Johnson LB Texas
6 Washington *Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
7 Oakland *Mike Williams WR Southern California
8 Tampa Bay Carnell Williams RB Auburn
9 Chicago Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
10 New Orleans *Rodrique Wright DT Texas
11 Houston Alex Barron OT Florida State
12 Detroit Antrel Rolle CB Miami
13 Dallas Marlin Jackson CB Michigan
14 San Diego (from NY Giants) Erasmus James DE Wisconsin
15 Kansas City Marcus Spears DE LSU
16 St. Louis *Thomas Davis FS Georgia
17 Carolina Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
18 Cincinnati Travis Johnson DT Florida State
19 Seattle Elton Brown OG Virginia
20 Minnesota Shaun Cody DT Southern California
21 Dallas (from Buffalo)Minnesota Matt Roth DE Iowa
22 Jacksonville David Pollack DE Georgia
23 Denver *Heath Miller TE Virginia
24 Green Bay Charlie Frye QB Akron
25 Baltimore Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma
26 New York Jets Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
27 Atlanta Wesley Britt OT Alabama
28 San Diego *Andrew Whitworth OT LSU
29 Indianapolis *DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
30 New England Michael Munoz OT Tennessee
31 Philadelphia Anttaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin
32 Pittsburgh *Adam Jones CB West Virginia

Second round

33 Philadelphia (from Miami) Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee
34 San Francisco Dan Cody DE Oklahoma
35 Cleveland *Marcus McNeill OT Auburn
36 Tennessee Andrew Walter QB Arizona State
37 New Orleans (from Washington) Corey Webster CB LSU
38 Oakland *Ciatrick Fason RB Florida
39 Arizona *Will Blackmon CB Boston College
40 Chicago Alex Smith TE Stanford
41 Green Bay (from New Orleans) Donte Nicholson SS Oklahoma
42 Houston *Orien Harris DT Miami
43 Detroit David Baas OG Michigan
44 Dallas Troy Williamson WR South Carolina
45 New York Giants Roddy White WR Alabama-Birmingham
46 Kansas City *Jimmy Williams CB Virginia Tech
47 Tampa Bay Vincent Jackson WR Northern Colorado
48 Carolina *Max Jean-Gilles OT Georgia
49 Cincinnati Adam Terry OT Syracuse
50 St. Louis Marcus Johnson OG Mississippi
51 Minnesota *Odell Thurman LB Georgia
52 Buffalo C.J. Brooks OG Maryland
53 Jacksonville *Winston Justice OT Southern California
54 Seattle Kirk Morrison LB San Diego State
55 Green Bay Chris Canty DE Virginia
56 Baltimore J.R. Russell WR Louisville
57 Denver Mike Patterson DT Southern California
58 New York Jets Taylor Stubblefield WR Purdue
59 San Diego *Chris Henry WR West Virginia
60 Indianapolis Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma
61 Atlanta Terrance Murphy WR Texas A&M
62 New England Barrett Ruud LB Nebraska
63 Philadelphia *Frank Gore RB Miami
64 Pittsburgh Michael Boley LB Southern Mississippi

Great Blue North Draft Report Privacy Policy.

The GREAT BLUE NORTH DRAFT REPORT is a division of SQUITERLAND ENTERPRISES, Ottawa, Ontario,Canada

Woodrow Call
01-06-2005, 10:45 AM
i would like that draft. there is a lot of talent out there this year. outside of CB this draft seems deep at DE and LB. Hopefully the front office cant screw this up. :cuss:

Mile High Mania
01-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Do you guys know much about TE Heath Miller from VA or DT Mike Patterson from USC?

Looks like most should be happy about Spears and the CB for KC.

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
No offense, but I don't really like that mock draft. I think Matt Leinart solidified the number one over all pick with his dominating performance in the Orange Bowl. I also think the 'fins will go with a HB. I think the Browns will take a QB or an O-Lineman.

Mile High Mania
01-06-2005, 10:53 AM
No offense, but I don't really like that mock draft. I think Matt Leinart solidified the number one over all pick with his dominating performance in the Orange Bowl. I also think the 'fins will go with a HB. I think the Browns will take a QB or an O-Lineman.

Me thinks the Fins will sign the Edge this offseason... plus, no need to go RB that high.

PHOG
01-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I thought I heard them say during that "game" that Leinart was going to return for his final year? :shrug:

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I thought I heard them say during that "game" that Leinart was going to return for his final year? :shrug:Leinart's on this mock draft, so I'm just sticking to thread basis. I did hear an interview and he sounded like he wanted to return, but if he can go number one overall, that would be hard to pass on.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 10:59 AM
I thought I heard them say during that "game" that Leinart was going to return for his final year? :shrug:

he's still undecided ... but i just don't see how he will turn the draft down knowing he'll be a top 5 pick.

PHOG
01-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Leinart's on this mock draft, so I'm just sticking to thread basis. I did hear an interview and he sounded like he wanted to return, but if he can go number one overall, that would be hard to pass on.

Ahhh..cool.

But he hasn't declared yet?

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Me thinks the Fins will sign the Edge this offseason... plus, no need to go RB that high.
I think the Colts will try and re-sign him. I'm not sure how much cap room they have to work with, but i don't think it would wise to let him walk.

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Ahhh..cool.

But he hasn't declared yet? No, but I'm sure agents are swarming him, if he doesn't already have one.

siberian khatru
01-06-2005, 11:02 AM
No way we pass on Ronnie Brown.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
No way we pass on Ronnie Brown.

:cuss:

Mile High Mania
01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
Leinert has not declared and Edge has said he'd like to go to Miami, recall that he played at the U.

I just don't see them giving him the big $ he will want... he had a fine season, is healthy and this is his last chance at the big $ contract.

Indy will let him go, most likely, and stick with Rhodes and either a cheaper FA or go RB early in the draft.

Just a hunch...

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 11:04 AM
After Carl's recent comments I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hicks back, so I think we take a corner depending on FA.

PHOG
01-06-2005, 11:05 AM
he's still undecided ... but i just don't see how he will turn the draft down knowing he'll be a top 5 pick.

True.....but barring injury (which would be a huge risk, considering how much was at stake), he would be the favorite for a 3rd NC. :hmmm:

siberian khatru
01-06-2005, 11:06 AM
:cuss:

What's really disappointing is there aren't any fullbacks worthy of being drafted in the first round. We'll need to trade out of the 1st and pick up an extra 4th- and 5th-rounder to get one.

(stands back for expected explosion)

BigChiefFan
01-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Leinert has not declared and Edge has said he'd like to go to Miami, recall that he played at the U.

I just don't see them giving him the big $ he will want... he had a fine season, is healthy and this is his last chance at the big $ contract.

Indy will let him go, most likely, and stick with Rhodes and either a cheaper FA or go RB early in the draft.

Just a hunch...
Could be. I know James has said he wouldn't mind playing there, but he is one of the best there is and if the Colts fail to reach the big dance, I think they will be committed to securing their offensive players long-term. The smart move would be to retain his services. Letting him walk without compensation would have to be due to the cap. I can't see him leaving any other way.

Chiefnj
01-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Leinert was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. He said he still didn't know what he was going to do. He really did sound undecided. Kimmel was trying to convince him to declare. Kimmel said something like: "If you don't declare you are officially too stupid to stay in school because you'd be passing up millions of dollars and risking an injury."

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 11:45 AM
What's really disappointing is there aren't any fullbacks worthy of being drafted in the first round. We'll need to trade out of the 1st and pick up an extra 4th- and 5th-rounder to get one.

(stands back for expected explosion)
http://www.anus.com/metal/about/images/nuclear_blast.jpg

(didn't want to disappoint)

KevB
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Could be. I know James has said he wouldn't mind playing there, but he is one of the best there is and if the Colts fail to reach the big dance, I think they will be committed to securing their offensive players long-term. The smart move would be to retain his services. Letting him walk without compensation would have to be due to the cap. I can't see him leaving any other way.

When they signed Harrison to an extension, the Colts GM said they would franchise Edge if they couldn't come to a long term agreement.

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 12:18 PM
When they signed Harrison to an extension, the Colts GM said they would franchise Edge if they couldn't come to a long term agreement.

the franchise number for RB's is huge... i just dont see how they are going to keep them all.

tyton75
01-06-2005, 12:47 PM
as for that Mock Draft.. I would like to think if Rolle fell that far, we could come up with a package to move up and get him

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 12:49 PM
as for that Mock Draft.. I would like to think if Rolle fell that far, we could come up with a package to move up and get him
yeah.... me too

Rain Man
01-06-2005, 12:50 PM
I think it's great that Marcus went back and finished his degree after we let him go.

I'm just curious. Does anyone think that Dick won't want to draft him because he didn't like the other Marcus Spears? Will he go immediately into Dick's doghouse just because of his name?

Mr. Laz
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM

and how many years have we thought that and been dissappointed

i thought that about Vince wilfork last year too :sulk:

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2005, 01:04 PM
If Dolphins don't get Edge, then I bet they get Shaun Alexander.

Mile High Mania
01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
If Dolphins don't get Edge, then I bet they get Shaun Alexander.

I would imagine they "tag" him as well. Unless, they think M Morris is the man to replace him.

ChiefsCountry
01-06-2005, 01:53 PM
I would imagine they "tag" him as well. Unless, they think M Morris is the man to replace him.

Hasselback is a free agent as well, and I think Walter Jones.

tk13
01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
and how many years have we thought that and been dissappointed

i thought that about Vince wilfork last year too :sulk:
Well we did it for Tony G. and Sims didn't we? You're right in that I don't expect it this year though... the only way I'd probably want to trade up is to get Derrick Johnson... but I guess there's the idea that with Carl, the more draft picks we have the better chance we have to get lucky. I think we might be aiming for Marlin Jackson or Carlos Rogers considering with Warfield's likely suspension we might need two/three new corners at the beginning of next year.

tyton75
01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
who is that corner they have us picking?

he isn't even ranked on http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/cb.html

tk13
01-06-2005, 02:11 PM

Well he's got a star next to his name, so he's a junior, that's why he might not be ranked....

Mile High Mania
01-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Hasselback is a free agent as well, and I think Walter Jones.

Yes they are... question they have to ask is who is the team's success more due to and I tihnk that is Alexander. Hasselbeck did nothing in his contract year to require breaking the bank. Jones is a HOT commodity though... they'll likely lose him.

Chiefnj
01-06-2005, 02:32 PM

I think it is actually a mean joke by the guys who did the mock.

Here is a scouting report for the guy (sound familiar???)

Strengths: Excellent size...Very good athletic ability...Good speed...Very versatile and has played both cornerback and safety...Tough, physical and aggressive.

Weaknesses: Hasn't been able to focus his attention on mastering one position...Has more of a safety mentality...Still raw and developing...May not be able to handle playing corner in the pros.

Notes: Played corner as a junior in '04 and went through some growing pains...His size/speed ratio is intriguing but it is still up in the air whether or not he can be a cornerback in the NFL...Probably needs his senior season to develop and determine his ultimate position.

go bowe
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I think it is actually a mean joke by the guys who did the mock.

. . .it isn't very funny, is it? :huh: :huh: :huh:

CanadaKC
01-06-2005, 06:08 PM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/MDstat.cfm

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 06:11 PM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/MDstat.cfm
I dunno, that mock seems weak to me...

Cochise
01-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Well, with all these mock drafts christening Spears the Chiefs' pick, I know one thing - it sure as hell isn't going to be him.

CanadaKC
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
I actually believe that mock is pretty accurate.

You can swap whichever QB is going first...cause the other is right behind the other. Rodgers is believed to be a bit better of a prospect than Lienart...for whatever reason.

I think it's right on with Cleveland and Chicago going OT....although
Mike Williams will be hard to pass on in the windy city.
Tampa Bay will gladly take Williams here...but I suspect they'll go RB.
Titans...DJ all the way.
Becuase Al davis is starting to hate Charles Woodson...Rolle is a good bet...although Edwards is a maybe...since Porter is a FA.
The Cards...definitely RB since Smith annouced his probable retirement recently.
Most other mocks have the Skins taking Erasumus James...and Detroit taking that safety Davis.
I don't agree with 11 and 12. I can't see the Cowboys taking Cody when that other QB from Utah is declaring. And Braylon Edwards probably won't last until San Diego picks.
If Brooks is there...Houston jumps all over that one.
The Panthers I can see taking RB Brown from Auburn...

and I can see us taking CB Carlos Rogers.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 06:35 PM
But you see Rolle falling to us?

CanadaKC
01-06-2005, 06:37 PM
No...Al davis won't let him slide by...definitely the Cowboys won't.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 06:38 PM
I wonder if we dont slide up there and get him....

CanadaKC
01-06-2005, 06:41 PM
We'd have to move up the Tampa Bay's number 5 pick...and we'd have the choice between Rolle or Derrick Johnson IMO. :p

whoman69
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
I still think its early for a mock since underclassmen haven't declared yet, but I would prefer a LB in round one, DE in rd 2 and fill the out our secondary with some FAs.

I would never give any honors to V'Ger except perhaps most unlikely mock draft proposal.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
We'd have to move up the Tampa Bay's number 5 pick...and we'd have the choice between Rolle or Derrick Johnson IMO. :p
Eh... we have extra picks to trade our way up. I dont see us doing it tho.

CanadaKC
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
One rumour going around has San Diego shipping Phillip Rivers to Miami for the Dolphins #2 overall pick.... :banghead: :cuss:

CanadaKC
01-07-2005, 06:56 PM
http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm