PDA

View Full Version : Marty, Greg Hill and Girl Thing?

HemiEd
01-06-2005, 11:57 AM
I just learned about the Grbac/Vermiel truth. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what really happened when Marty "resigned."
I have heard stories, but it sounds like the truth may be available. :hmmm:

KC Kings
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
The rumor was that Marty had a close encounter with a high school classmate of his sons.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
What's the Grbac/Vermeil truth?

Kris Kringle
01-06-2005, 12:02 PM
The rumor was that Marty had a close encounter with a high school classmate of his sons. What? Did you just make that up? Where does Greg Hill come in?

KC Kings
01-06-2005, 12:04 PM
What? Did you just make that up? Where does Greg Hill come in?

I never heard about Greg Hill being involved, but I did not make up the Marty rumor.

Raiderhader
01-06-2005, 12:04 PM

Yeah, I am rather interested in this one too.....

ChiTown
01-06-2005, 12:05 PM
What? Did you just make that up? Where does Greg Hill come in?

Apparently, it was a tag team.....

Ghostof
01-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I thought it was Marty and Greg Hills wife.

Whats the deal behind Vermeil and Grbac??? Never heard that one

Phobia
01-06-2005, 12:08 PM
I thought it was Marty and Greg Hills wife.

Whats the deal behind Vermeil and Grbac??? Never heard that one

Except that Hill wasn't married to that broad.

I don't think very many people know for sure. There were a dozen different rumors at the time:
Greg Hill's girlfriend/fiance
The Tanners waitress he knocked up
His son's classmates

Who knows?

Mr. Laz
i think the rumor was that Marty has some kind of encounter with Greg Hill's wife.

dont know whether he just flirted,made a pass at or did the hibbity-jibbity ... but i guess that Marty and Hill were at odds about it.

and that has something to do with why Greg hill got benched after his 35 yrd run against the donks.

HemiEd

Over on the Vermiel Legacy thread, ck_n enlightened me. I assume it is true. No one was refuting it. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107854&page=4

It was about Vermiel basically running Grbac off and lying about it.

memyselfI
01-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Oh, rumors, rumors, rumors (probably planted by King Carl) to DISTRACT from the fact that in 97 the team was SB bound and blew it then Marty subsequently lost the team because of it.

Might as well run him out of town because of scandal and divert from the fact that his hands were tied with his QB situation...

HemiEd
01-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Oh, rumors, rumors, rumors (probably planted by King Carl) to DISTRACT from the fact that in 97 the team was SB bound and blew it then Marty subsequently lost the team because of it.

Might as well run him out of town because of scandal and divert from the fact that his hands were tied with his QB situation...

IMO That is a very objective and funny take on it! I just always wondered about it since he retired so quickly and stayed out for a while.

Raiderhader
01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
That is a very objective and funny take on it! I just always wondered about it since he retired so quickly and stayed out for a while.

No, it's not.

HemiEd
01-06-2005, 12:18 PM
No, it's not.

I fixed it, sorry

Monty
01-06-2005, 12:24 PM
First, Greg Hill wasn't married to her. There were a ton of rumors regarding the Tanners waitress and I was even confused about whether the Tanners waitress and Greg's fiance were one and the same. With that being said, if Marty was hitting on Greg's fiance, it's totally understandable as she was quite the hottie. I had the pleasure of talking to her the summer before this all started('97) as she grew up in Plano and that was were I lived at the time. I have some video of her somewhere in my stash of tapes and will provide it when I get access to it again because we all know that those whole thread is worthless without some pics..... :)

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Over on the Vermiel Legacy thread, ck_n enlightened me. I assume it is true. No one was refuting it. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107854&page=4

It was about Vermiel basically running Grbac off and lying about it.

Oh, CK_IN...he hates Vermeil. He lost his KB last year when things were going good and suddenly finds it again this year. I'd be skeptical about this version of the 'truth'.

Grbac was due a 10M SB that offseason, his agent wanted a new contract with a 20M SB...Grbac was worth neither and they didnt resign him. Green wasnt traded for until April.

gblowfish
01-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Everything at the time was all rumours...nothing definitive ever surfaced in the local media. The most popular rumour was about a waitress at Tanner's having a Martyball in the oven.

Hadn't heard the Greg Hill thing before...wonder if she was "The Real Deal???"

It was kind of funny to me that Marty was playing Proud Grandpa on his return to KC this year (his grandson was born night before the KC-SD game)...funny in relation to his alleged past as a Don Juan.

HemiEd
01-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh, CK_IN...he hates Vermeil. He lost his KB last year when things were going good and suddenly finds it again this year. I'd be skeptical about this version of the 'truth'.

Grbac was due a 10M SB that offseason, his agent wanted a new contract with a 20M SB...Grbac was worth neither and they didnt resign him. Green wasnt traded for until April.

Thanks Titus, that is the way I initially understood it. After Grbac choked in the playoffs I did not feel he was worth the ransom they were asking either. :thumb:

Chiefnj
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Hemied,

I think Titus' version of the truth is a little more accurate.

I'm sure Vermeil did prefer Green but Grbac was demanding a lot of money.

As to Marty I don't think anyone on this board knows the truth, or if there is any truth to any of the rumors. I had never heard of Hill being involved and had only heard of the one about someone at Tanner's.

memyselfI
01-06-2005, 12:32 PM
No, it's not.

:deevee:

Of course it's not funny to you because I said it. But then, it's not funny to any of us who through lived it...

it was quite sad.

Chiefnj
01-06-2005, 12:34 PM
"Grbac was released by the Chiefs last Wednesday due to a $10 million roster bonus that would've been due to him in mid-March. The Chiefs and Grbac couldn't come to terms on a new deal that would've reduced Grbac's $16.933 salary-cap figure for the 2001 season. "

HemiEd
01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Hemied,

I think Titus' version of the truth is a little more accurate.

I'm sure Vermeil did prefer Green but Grbac was demanding a lot of money.

As to Marty I don't think anyone on this board knows the truth, or if there is any truth to any of the rumors. I had never heard of Hill being involved and had only heard of the one about someone at Tanner's.

Thanks, Titus has been very informative with facts. I appreciate your help.
Still learning my way around, a lot of fun. Might have got into the JD to heavy last night though.

Raiderhader
01-06-2005, 12:45 PM
:deevee:

Of course it's not funny to you because I said it.

No, it's not funny for the simple reason that it is not funny. And it sure as hell is not objective. I think you hate CP as much as you obsess over Gannon.

But then, it's not funny to any of us who through lived it...

I guess I was born right after Gunther was named HC. God, you are a brainless twit.

it was quite sad.

WTF? You had already moved on to Oakland along with Richie. Quite sad my ass.

memyselfI
01-06-2005, 12:51 PM
No, it's not funny for the simple reason that it is not funny. And it sure as hell is not objective. I think you hate CP as much as you obsess over Gannon.

I guess I was born right after Gunther was named HC. God, you are a brainless twit.

WTF? You had already moved on to Oakland along with Richie. Quite sad my ass.

It was/is sad. This team has not done shit (last season's friendly schedule exception to the rule noted) since the 1997 season...

Carl has been quite content to blame his failures on his coaches (like riding Marty and Gunther out of town) and yet we can look back and see that Edwards wanted to leave KC, Gannon did not, DV did not want Gunther here as a quick fix scam to appear to fix the problems, King Carl did.

Sad.

Raiderhader
01-06-2005, 12:56 PM
It was/is sad. This team has not done shit (last season's friendly schedule exception to the rule noted) since the 1997 season...

Carl has been quite content to blame his failures on his coaches (like riding Marty and Gunther out of town) and yet we can look back and see that Edwards wanted to leave KC, Gannon did not, DV did not want Gunther here as a quick fix scam to appear to fix the problems, King Carl did.

Sad.

Tell it someone else, I don't care to read the drivel. Especially from someone who tries to sound liek this is their team when it really is not.

KCTitus
01-06-2005, 01:01 PM
LOL...the 1997 season was the same as the 2003 season...both 13-3 and one and done in the playoffs. WTF does the schedule have to do with that?

Just be honest, denise, the difference between 97 and 2003 was Gannon played for KC in 97.

memyselfI
01-06-2005, 01:06 PM
LOL...the 1997 season was the same as the 2003 season...both 13-3 and one and done in the playoffs. WTF does the schedule have to do with that?

Just be honest, denise, the difference between 97 and 2003 was Gannon played for KC in 97.

The Chiefs were on a downward spiral at the end of the 2003 season (losing games or beating losing teams) and the EXACT OPPOSITE the 97 season...

that is the biggest difference, momentum.

Skip Towne
01-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I just want to go on record as being 100% in favor of old guys hitting hot young chicks.

ENDelt260
01-06-2005, 01:16 PM
I just want to go on record as being 100% in favor of old guys hitting hot young chicks.
I'd like to go on record as being opposed to it... for now.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-06-2005, 01:17 PM
I heard there was a birthday cake involved with the G Hill rumor. Maybe Marty's dick smelled like Betty Crocker

ROYC75
01-06-2005, 03:42 PM

I agree.... back off young'ns ! ROFL

Valiant
01-06-2005, 04:44 PM
i think the rumor was that Marty has some kind of encounter with Greg Hill's wife.

dont know whether he just flirted,made a pass at or did the hibbity-jibbity ... but i guess that Marty and Hill were at odds about it.

and that has something to do with why Greg hill got benched after his 35 yrd run against the donks.

Umm thats because he took himself out of the game.. i remember that shit because allen was yelling at him for coming out..

JohnnyV13
01-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Well....regarding the Marty rumors I do know that SOME of them were false.

The whole part about Marty having gotten a girl pregnant was not possible since I have it on very good authority that Marty had a vasectomy.

And when I say reliable, i mean VERY reliable.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 05:10 PM

The whole part about Marty having gotten a girl pregnant was not possible since I have it on very good authority that Marty had a vasectomy.

Did you snip him personally?

JohnnyV13
01-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Did you snip him personally?

No, and if i were a doctor I would not break doctor patient confidentiality and tell people.

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 05:41 PM
No, and if i were a doctor I would not break doctor patient confidentiality and tell people.
Meh. If it dispells bad rumors why not?

jettio
01-06-2005, 05:57 PM
I doubt that Marty strayed from his vows and had a child out of wedlock.

His track record indicates that if he did have a bastard* son, that little crumbsnatcher would be the Chargers LB coach by now.

*-Apologies to any opposed to that term.

Rain Man
01-06-2005, 06:00 PM

He told your girlfriend?

jettio
01-06-2005, 06:03 PM

Evidently, your source has very discriminating taste.

:hmmm:

Nightfyre
01-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Alright, who is your source! Confirm, dammit!

Inspector
01-06-2005, 07:41 PM

I'll second that motion.

unlurking
01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I doubt that Marty strayed from his vows and had a child out of wedlock.

His track record indicates that if he did have a bastard* son, that little crumbsnatcher would be the Chargers LB coach by now.

*-Apologies to any opposed to that term.
That is gold!

:D

Anyway, anything regarding Grbac and Vermeil is pure crap. The HUGE salary crap hit and his agent PUBLICLY saying that negotiations for restructure were unfair because his client earned the bonus are all I need to agree with cutting the stupid MOFO. I will never forget a 3 'n out (although I of course am too stupid too remember the game) when he went to the bench and started yelling at Tony G about a bad play. His hands were flying in the air and he was incredibly animated on the sidelines (all caught on TV). Tony just turned around and walked away. Grbac was a cancer, period.

As far as Marty goes, that's just tabloid crap as far as I'm concerned.

BigRedChief
01-06-2005, 08:20 PM
What a bunch of BS. One of the most recognizable married 50 something faces squiring a 20 something woman around town. Trying to keep a low profile and commit adultry and with a players wife while you eat Chili? Give me a frigging break. That story was BS in the 90's and it only stinks worse now.:cuss:

AZChief
01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
hell, i followed the chiefs in the '80s and while marty didn't get us to the "promised land" he made most of you young'ens chief fans (i'll never forget the Denver game @ Arrowhead with less than 15,000 fans). For averaging 10 wins a season for a decade, you Marty can bang any waitress or sh!tty running back's bird you wish!

bang on.

az

Dartgod
01-06-2005, 09:04 PM

Sad.
You're a bitter old hag.

Predarat
01-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Im not sure I believe that crap about Marty screwing a 20 something but if it was a waitress whos to say how old she was? Could have been an older waitress. If I were DV I would have been bragging about running elvis out of town. "Yeah, i ran that sorry ass SOB outta here! Enjoy him Brian Billprick!!"

Frankie
01-07-2005, 12:10 PM

Elvis just delivered DV's son after an unusually long and difficult pregnancy. He is going to call him Eldick. Claiming that "The deep scars from this experience may never heal," Grbac is planning to file a palimony lawsuit against DV as this pregnancy has caused him to drop out of a promissing career in the NFL. The newborn is in relatively good condition except for non-stop crying and temper tantrums. The debate remains as to which parent has passed on his genes to the offspring in that regard. Reminded of his famous remark "I cannot throw passes and catch them too," Grbac acknowledged that he has actually always been a great receiver but regrets catching DV's passes.