PDA

View Full Version : My birthday

Fat Elvis
01-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Usually on my birthday, I get deeply depressed. I really don't know why, but I do. I guess I reflect upon my life and count up my shortcomings and failures. Today, my birthday was no different--at least it started out that way. I was very crabby in the morning and wasn't a very nice person to be around. As the day wore on, however, it dawned on me how stupid that mindset was and how it was ruining not only my day, but those who care about me as well.

I am an incredibly blessed man. I have a wonderful wife who I love with every ounce of my being, a beautiful daughter who makes me smile for no reason at all, and I have another daughter on the way. I like, if not love, my job. I have a nice new home that is being built. In short, God has blessed me in every step of my life. Tonight I am thankful for all the blessings in my life--which are too many to count. That realization, as obvious and apparent as it is to everyone else in thier own lives, I suppose, has really turned today into a wonderful day for me.

It may be a little sappy and sentimental, but I just wanted to share those thoughts.

Fat E

stevieray
01-06-2005, 11:01 PM
I have that suit in my closet.

Fat Elvis
01-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I have that suit in my closet.

I wear it for my pajamas. The glow in the daark phosphourescent trim helps me find the bathroom at night.

alanm
01-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Happy Birthday Fat Elvis!! Now that you're feeling grateful instead of depressed. You can send me some money. :thumb:

Phobia
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks a lot. Now I'm incredibly depressed.

Mosbonian
01-06-2005, 11:14 PM
clap: clap: clap:

Happy Birthday Fat E......and congrats on the upcoming event. May all go well for you and the Mrs!!

Glad the day turned out good for you in the end. BTW, being sentimental isn't such a bad thing.

mmaddog

badgirl
01-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Happy Birthday, at least its mostly on your birthday your depressed, I get depressed often for no reason. I have 3 healthy children, and a grandchild due in april. These things happen, it is nice to see someone say the things you did about your life and family these are the real things that count. God bless you and your family. :thumb:

Fairplay
01-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Happy Birthday Fat Elvis!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well. Its all good man.

Rausch
01-07-2005, 03:44 AM
One glass of the big bubbly commin' right up...

4th and Long
01-07-2005, 06:26 AM
A belated happy birthday. :thumb:
I wear it for my pajamas. The glow in the daark phosphourescent trim helps me find the bathroom at night.
:eek:

Dartgod
01-07-2005, 06:54 AM
One glass of the big bubbly commin' right up...
Holy crap!!

Happy B-day FE!!!

Coach
01-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Happy birthday dude! :)

Lzen
01-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Happy B-Day, FE. Glad to hear you gained a little perspective. It's good to see others' stories like this. Sometimes we all need a little perspective. ;)

:toast: