PDA

View Full Version : Gunther Cunningham - Are you out there?

kc-nd
01-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Gunther used to like to read bulletin boards - and probably after the season is over - he is reading them more than ever - to find out what management is up to (they ain't going to tell him).

Anyway, Gunther, are you out there?

If you are active on this board, please give us your honest, frank opinion on what is going on, and what you think should happen during the offseason.

Tell it like it is without the corporate diarrhea (If you respond, we'll be nice to you until the first game in which the defense screws up).

Some of us want to know, and we sure aren't going to get it through the normal channels.

htismaqe
01-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, Ryan Sims is growing a beard and he competes. He's tough and he competes.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2005, 03:41 PM
I doubt he checks this place anymore, since he found he was fired on the internet.

Rausch
01-07-2005, 03:42 PM
He does. He reads, but I don't think he posts.

I don't blame him.

Phobia
01-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I doubt he checks this place anymore, since he found he was fired on the internet.

From TheBadGuy?

Phobia
01-07-2005, 03:43 PM
He reads, he's familiar with ChiefsPlanet. But he wouldn't admit to posting when I spoke to him briefly last March.

Donger
01-07-2005, 03:43 PM
He does. He reads, but I don't think he posts.

I don't blame him.

Does he really? That's pretty cool. I'm surprised he has the time, though.

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Right now, he's sitting in a dark room ... curled up with a nice drink saying over and over ... "Damn Peterson and damn Vermeil, they've f***ed me twice now! Steal my job, then invite me back with these scrubs... all work and no players makes Gunther a dull boy... "

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
how cool would it be if we could converse with the staff regularly?

Rausch
01-07-2005, 03:53 PM

Probably not very cool. Any "privilaged" info that leaves Arrowhead could be used by another team or the whole damned league.

Nightfyre
01-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Probably not very cool. Any "privilaged" info that leaves Arrowhead could be used by another team or the whole damned league.
its true.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't work. Parker would ask them embarrassing questions that they wouldn't want to answer.

Straight, No Chaser
01-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Right now, he's sitting in a dark room ... curled up with a nice drink saying over and over ... "Damn Peterson and damn Vermeil, they've f***ed me twice now! Steal my job, then invite me back with these scrubs... all work and no players makes Gunther a dull boy... "

Mile High: I think you've mistaken Gunther for Shananigan... he's the one who's now in a darkroom trying to figure out how not to commit any turnovers, how to hold on to the ball for 45 minutes and finally, what it is he can offer the officiating crew so they won't call roughing the MVP.

:p

--->

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Mile High: I think you've mistaken Gunther for Shananigan... he's the one who's now in a darkroom trying to figure out how not to commit any turnovers, how to hold on to the ball for 45 minutes and finally, what it is he can offer the officiating crew so they won't call roughing the MVP.

:p
--->

If that's the case, then he can just go back to week 15 from last year and figure out how, with Quentin at RB, they were able to hold on to the ball for 44 minutes.

Granted, they couldn't repeat that performance in the playoff game, but it can be done. Denver's offense is just as good as they were in week 15 last year, and their defense is better.

It's all about which Bailey shows up on Sunday.

The Texans took Indy to the wire at their house last month... Denver can do this as well, they just need the defense to play at the level they're capable of playing. They simply haven't done that enough this season... so, that's a scary thing.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2005, 04:15 PM

pretty much

i knew he'd get screwed again as soon as they said he was coming back.

Straight, No Chaser
01-07-2005, 04:20 PM
If that's the case, then he can just go back to week 15 from last year and figure out how, with Quentin at RB, they were able to hold on to the ball for 44 minutes.

Granted, they couldn't repeat that performance in the playoff game, but it can be done. Denver's offense is just as good as they were in week 15 last year, and their defense is better.

The Texans took Indy to the wire at their house last month... Denver can do this as well, they just need the defense to play at the level they're capable of playing. They simply haven't done that enough this season... so, that's a scary thing.

I truly admire your bus load of faith. As I was watching the game last week, I mentioned to a friend of mine (a die hard donk fan) that it looked like Indy was using the game as a scouting exercise.

--->

TEX
01-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Do you really think Denver's defense is better then last year? Stats can be deceiving you know? I don't think Denver's D-line is half as good as they were last year. And for as good as Bailey is supposed to be, he's gotten burned almost every game the second half of the season. Probably a direct result of an inferior pass rush from the d-line. Just my take.

Plus, isn't it possible that these Broncos are the same ones that showed up to play week 18 last year in Indy? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Do you really think Denver's defense is better then last year? Stats can be deceiving you know? I don't think Denver's D-line is half as good as they were last year. And for as good as Bailey is supposed to be, he's gotten burned almost every game the second half of the season. Probably a direct result of an inferior pass rush from the d-line. Just my take.

Plus, isn't it possible that these Broncos are the same ones that showed up to play week 18 last year in Indy? :hmmm:

Anything is possible and yes, with Pryce missing much of the year, the pass rush has been bad. Overall... I think the defense is better, but the Dline still needs improvement.

We'll see which Denver team shows up on Sunday..

Rain Man
01-07-2005, 04:34 PM
He reads, he's familiar with ChiefsPlanet. But he wouldn't admit to posting when I spoke to him briefly last March.

That's too bad. I'd love to know what kinds of oddities he has in his house.

Douche Baggins
01-07-2005, 04:42 PM
That's too bad. I'd love to know what kinds of oddities he has in his house.

A ceramic Elvis Grbac troll.

tk13
01-07-2005, 04:43 PM
A ceramic Elvis Grbac troll.
Those things are cool. I hear they throw the football straight up in the air, and catch it too.

Douche Baggins
01-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Those things are cool. I hear they throw the football straight up in the air, and catch it too.

4/10

TEX
01-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Anything is possible and yes, with Pryce missing much of the year, the pass rush has been bad. Overall... I think the defense is better, but the Dline still needs improvement.

We'll see which Denver team shows up on Sunday..

I was also talking about Bert Barry being gone as well. Also IMO, Wilson's play has slipped a bit. He's still very good but I can't remember the last time I saw that guy stand out. Last year I though he was the 3rd best MLB in football. This year he wasn't IMO. I'm sure that also has something to do with your d-line problems. Again, just my take.

FWIW, I'm hoping that the same Bronco team shows up in Indy that showed up in KC this year. :p

Brock
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Gunther - I thought you said you would do better than Greg Robinson. Did you mean at chess, or what?

ENDelt260
01-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Wouldn't work. Parker would ask them embarrassing questions that they wouldn't want to answer.
Like, "Does your dick smell like pancakes?"?

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Like, "Does your dick smell like pancakes?"?
More like " Why weren't you able to make the Colts punt even once". parker doesn't talk about dicks much.

ENDelt260
01-07-2005, 07:07 PM
More like " Why weren't you able to make the Colts punt even once". parker doesn't talk about dicks much.
I thought we were talking about Gunther coming here, not Robinson.

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 07:50 PM

ROFL

dtebbe
01-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Gunther - I thought you said you would do better than Greg Robinson. Did you mean at chess, or what?

Maybe he meant with MRS. Vermeil.... :p

DT