PDA

View Full Version : An observation about the NFL playoffs:

Frankie
01-07-2005, 05:27 PM
5 of the 12 teams in the playoffs are coached by guys named Mike!

Unusuall high percentage for one name... No?

Carry on.

Rain Man
01-07-2005, 05:33 PM
Actually, one Herm is an unusually high percentage, too.

siberian khatru
01-07-2005, 05:34 PM
I knew we should've hired Mike Keck as our coach.

Count Zarth
01-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Actually, Mike Solari might not be a bad choice for our next HC.

Calcountry
01-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Like Mike, If I could be like MIKE.

tk13
01-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Andy
Mike
Mike
Mike
Mike
Tony
Mike
Herm (okay so I'm fudging a little here)
Bill
Bill

10 of the 12 coaches in the playoffs have 4 letter first names. Then you take Marty's playoff name, "Chok", with the last syllable deleted due to lack of air, that makes 11.

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Andy
Mike
Mike
Mike
Mike
Tony
Mike
Bill
Bill

10 of the 12 coaches in the playoffs have 4 letter first names. Then you take Marty's playoff name, "Chok", with the last syllable deleted due to lack of air, that makes 11.

Ok, I think I am getting it, why it is called Mental Ward. ROFL

4th and Long
01-07-2005, 06:31 PM
2bikemike would be proud

Frankie
01-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Andy
Mike
Mike
Mike
Mike
Tony
Mike
Bill
Bill

:hmmm: :LOL:

Joe Seahawk
01-07-2005, 06:42 PM
The NFC Championship will be a couple of "Mikes " too

Seahawks Shock the NFL, To Play In NFC Championship

SEATTLE, WA (AP) - Well, there was the Boston Red Sox breaking a curse as old as the average life span of man last year by winning the World Series, so why not continue the trend?

The NFL's Seattle Seahawks, who some would claim are the Red Sox of the league, have defied logic - and many a prognosticator - by first beating the St. Louis Rams at home, then going on the road to beat the highly favored Phillidelphia Eagles to finally set up an improbable rematch with the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau Field.

The last time the Seahawks played in a conference championship was 22 years ago in 1983 where they lost to the LA Raiders. Of course, 22 years is a few months in Red Sox years.

Matt Hasselbeck, who torched the Eagles yesterday for 5 TDs (22-34, 426 yards, INT) said this time he will keep his mouth shut for the coin toss.

"I think I've learned my lesson this time around," a clearly elated Hasselbeck said. "In fact, I'm going to let (center Robbie) Tobeck call it. He likes to run his mouth any ways."

If the Seahawks can beat the Packers this Sunday, it would be the first time in franchise history to make it to the Super bowl. Rookie safety Michael Boulware - who picked off Donavan McNabb's final pass to seal the victory - said he liked their chances.

"Nobody gave us a chance to make it this far after we lost some games in the season we were expected to win, but we never stopped believing in each other.

"We continued to work hard and never gave up. And look where it's gotten us?"

Against all odds some would say, it has gotten them 4 quarters away from the biggest game in all professional sports.

Written by Aros. www.seahawks.net

:clap: :)

Wile_E_Coyote
01-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Marty's coaching tree http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?id=1960537

Taco John
01-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Pardon the Interruption, but this observation is sooooo two days ago...