PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos and BALCO

tk13
01-07-2005, 07:36 PM
With some of the Bronco fans over on the Colts board hassling them, somebody shot back trying to paint them as a bunch of cheaters, bringing up a a couple of interesting articles about their connections to BALCO laboratories, the group that worked with Barry Bonds and other baseball players in this big steroid scandal.... Discuss. :D

----------------

An interview from 1999 with Victor Conte, who if you followed the baseball scandal know is the founder of BALCO.

http://www.snac.com/maq_interview_victor.htm

BL: And I understand you've also worked with some of the players on the Denver Broncos?

VC: Yes. We've provided testing and consultation for over 250 NFL players, including the entire Denver Broncos Super Bowl championship team, as well the entire Miami Dolphins team, including their coaches and trainers.

And a 2003 article....

http://usoc.gazette.com/fullstory.php?id=936

In its Thursday story on the BALCO raid, the San Jose Mercury News reported that as of Wednesday, the BALCO Web site said runners such as Jones, Montgomery and Regina Jacobs have used BALCO products. Those athletes did not appear on BALCO's Web site as clients, but former Broncos Bill Romanowski and John Elway did.

Rausch
01-07-2005, 07:39 PM
:hmmm:

Moon§hiner
01-07-2005, 07:49 PM
What next?....Bill Polian and Tampax have strings attached?...they fit him well

Boardin Bronco
01-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Johnnie Morton testified in court in San Francisco to the federal grand jury about BALCO.

dtebbe
01-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Johnnie Morton testified in court in San Francisco to the federal grand jury about BALCO.

Yes, I think Morton was given high levels of Estrogen by Balco, which apparently is legal in the NFL, considering he has never tested positive.

DT

Rausch
01-07-2005, 07:55 PM

If anything, Morton's play is proof he wasn't on steroids...

tk13
01-07-2005, 07:56 PM
What next?....Bill Polian and Tampax have strings attached?...they fit him well
I don't know, I'm just creating Broncos* *(violated salary cap during Super Bowl seasons while using cooking spray on their jerseys and BALCO's best illegal performance enhancing drugs) discussion.

:)

jettio
01-07-2005, 07:56 PM

Not quite the same, Morton was in the market for designer estrogen, not to gain a competitive advantage..

tk13
01-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah, but I was surprised to learn they worked hand-in-hand with your entire team, especially during their Super Bowl seasons, no less.

LiL stumppy
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Wow :)

Taco John
01-07-2005, 07:59 PM
You highlighted the wrong part:

VC: Yes. We've provided testing and consultation for over 250 NFL players, including the entire Denver Broncos Super Bowl championship team, as well the entire Miami Dolphins team, including their coaches and trainers.

Skip Towne
01-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Yep, the skinniest guy on the team is using 'roids.

jettio
01-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Yes, I think Morton was given high levels of Estrogen by Balco, which apparently is legal in the NFL, considering he has never tested positive.

DT

Man, you beat me to it. ROFL

Taco John
01-07-2005, 08:01 PM
It's pretty unlikely that Balco has over 250 players on steriods...

I'm unmoved.

tk13
01-07-2005, 08:04 PM
You highlighted the wrong part:

Eh, that wouldn't be any fun... :)

And in reality, once you subtract two whole teams full roster of players during a season (Broncos and Dolphins), that'd account for darn near half of the 250 right off the bat.

Garcia Bronco
01-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Yeah, but I was surprised to learn they worked hand-in-hand with your entire team, especially during their Super Bowl seasons, no less.

I didn't know about Balco....but I do know about EAS...which also worked with Mark McGuire.

The Bad Guy
01-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I don't know how the Broncos fans can go on a Colts message board talking shit.

Taco John
01-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Eh, that wouldn't be any fun... :)

And in reality, once you subtract two whole teams full roster of players during a season (Broncos and Dolphins), that'd account for darn near half of the 250 right off the bat.

Yes, and it's hardly likely that Balco was giving entire football teams steroids. Have you seen the Dolphins play over the last 10 years? I'd think Fiedler would be able to get a ball past 15 yards if he was being injected with steroids...

stevieray
wow, another asterik.

Taco John
I don't know how the Broncos fans can go on a Colts message board talking shit.

It's called the playoffs. I'll post instructions on how it's done once you guys ever make it again...

alanm
01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
I don't know how the Broncos fans can go on a Colts message board talking shit.Well, They did beat the Colts Junior Varsity last week. :thumb:

OldTownChief
01-07-2005, 08:17 PM
It's called the playoffs. I'll post instructions on how it's done once you guys ever make it again...

How bout you wait untill you win a playoff game without Elway?

alanm
01-07-2005, 08:19 PM
It's called the playoffs. I'll post instructions on how it's done once you guys ever make it again...Whatever gets you through the night... It's allright... it's allright...- John Lennon.:thumb:

Taco John
01-07-2005, 08:48 PM
How bout you wait untill you win a playoff game without Elway?

When we do, we'll have won 1/3 the amount of playoff games in one fell swoop that you guys have won in the last 30 years...

OldTownChief
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
When we do, we'll have won 1/3 the amount of playoff games in one fell swoop that you guys have won in the last 30 years...

The key there is "When we do"

The Bad Guy
01-07-2005, 09:20 PM

It's called 41-10.

You got ****ing embarrased last year and your donkey faithful take the time to talk trash?

I personally love it when they call the Colts soft. If the Colts are soft, what are the Broncos? Tissue paper?

You run your mouth an awful lot around here when the "non-playoff" Chiefs just handed your team their ass a couple weeks ago.

Enjoy your extra game. Here's hoping it turns out like last year.

jettio
01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
The Colts are beatable and I think I would enjoy a watching the Donx get out of there with a win and revive the talk about Peyton Manning losing playoff games.

Game is bound to be enjoyable to me no matter who wins, but I don't think it is automatic that the Colts win.

WilliamTheIrish
01-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Yes, and it's hardly likely that Balco was giving entire football teams steroids. Have you seen the Dolphins play over the last 10 years? I'd think Fiedler would be able to get a ball past 15 yards if he was being injected with steroids...

See, BALCO was still in the process of perfecting their steroids when they gave Fiedler his dose.

Mistakenly, they told him to put the balm on his ears. :)

Garcia Bronco
01-07-2005, 10:03 PM
See, BALCO was still in the process of perfecting their steroids when they gave Fiedler his dose.

It was from their trophy line on products

HemiEd
01-07-2005, 10:14 PM

I always wondered why he looked like Spock, now I know!

KCJake
01-07-2005, 11:37 PM
I didn't know about Balco....but I do know about EAS...which also worked with Mark McGuire.
The Broncos still have a deal with EAS. Just like the Yankees have a deal with AST Sports Science. They are just companies that sell supplements and offer training routines. Balco was a distributor for EAS products. That's probably why there is a "connection" between Balco and the Broncos. No big deal. EAS doesn't make steroids.