PDA

View Full Version : Best Playoff news yet.

Phobia
01-08-2005, 10:46 AM
After today, ABC does not have another playoff game.

Which means, you only listen to John Madden one more game until next August.

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2005, 10:47 AM
That's too bad. I prefer Madden and Michaels over most of the other duos.

Demonpenz
01-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't mind madden. I used to think he was aweful, but listening to mike trico for the bowl games and randy cross made me no hate madden so much

Skip Towne
01-08-2005, 10:49 AM
That's a shame. Madden has taught me all I know about football. I know quite a bit about butt sweat too.

Kerberos
01-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Is it just me or does everyone else here think Randy Cross is door knob sniffing, rump ranging, bull dyke fearing flit boy ???

I really enjoy Kevin Harlan... he was great at the play by play pre mitch Holthus era!

But Cross is bandwagon jumping moron!

IMHO

:)

Cliff

Count Alex's Losses
01-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't mind madden. I used to think he was aweful, but listening to mike trico for the bowl games and randy cross made me no hate madden so much

I think ABC's presentation is better than any other networks as well. Plus they have that badass skycam.

Demonpenz
01-08-2005, 10:53 AM
skycam rocks. Its just like playing madden

Calcountry
01-08-2005, 10:53 AM
Is it just me or does everyone else here think Randy Cross is door knob sniffing, rump ranging, bull dyke fearing flit boy ???

I really enjoy Kevin Harlan... he was great at the play by play pre mitch Holthus era!

IMHO

Cliff
what you said.

KCFalcon59
01-08-2005, 11:12 AM

IMHO

Cliff

What's up Cliff. Randy Cross is a maroon.

bricks
01-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh please. Madden rocks! His knowledge about the game of football is insurmountable. I enjoy listening to the guy to be quite honest.

BigVE
01-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Funny thing is in last years Sports Illustrated issues they went from state to state asking all sorts of questions about sports and when asked who their favorite commentator was it was almost always John Madden...but he was also one of the leading vote getters for LEAST favorite commentator too. I think most people can only name a couple of commentators so when asked who their favorite is they can only think of MADDEN. He is a good commentator for the novice fan and those with 8th grade educations because he has a lot of slobber and sound effects, I will take Mitch Holtus any day and Kevin Harlan is top notch too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-08-2005, 11:40 AM
what you said.
what he said.

2bikemike
01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
I used to like Madden a long time ago. Now I think he has lost it.

I don't like the way any of the damn networks carry the games anymore. Stick to the action on the field and quit trying to let these talking heads get so much face time.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2005, 12:11 PM
That's too bad. I prefer Madden and Michaels over most of the other duos.

I prefer ABC's coverage to FOX, CBS and ESPN's. They are the best in the business.

BigVE
01-08-2005, 12:13 PM
I used to like Madden a long time ago. Now I think he has lost it.

I don't like the way any of the damn networks carry the games anymore. Stick to the action on the field and quit trying to let these talking heads get so much face time.

Exactly. Who really cares what Tony Siragusa has to say...about ANYTHING? He can hardly talk, and he usually has chili or some other food on his face or clothes.

Kerberos
01-08-2005, 12:17 PM
What's up Cliff. Randy Cross is a maroon.

Hey man ... waaaazzzzzuuuuuppp???

When ya coming to town again man ???

Where ya been ??? I've been posting and havn't seen ya around??

Cliff

Kerberos
01-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Oh please. Madden rocks! His knowledge about the game of football is insurmountable. I enjoy listening to the guy to be quite honest.

Unless you are joking then the joke is on you cause Madden in his senility has become the MASTER of the OBVIOUS and nothing more..

IMHO

Cliff

HemiEd
01-08-2005, 12:19 PM

I am actually starting to like him a little now that his raider stinch has evaporated a little.

Bearcat
01-08-2005, 12:38 PM

No more DV for a while, and no more Madden until August?

PBJ

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Bill Maas is as annoying as Cross is stupid

tk13
01-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I think Madden has been better this year than in previous years, although I guess some people seem to think that's because Michaels stifles him a bit, but I don't really think so. I like him because he has some personality... it seems like the majority of football fans like FOX's coverage over everybody else but I think just about every one of their announcers is really bland... especially once you get past the first couple announce teams, and even there you have to deal with Cris Collinsworth.

|Zach|
01-14-2005, 04:17 PM
So ya college life... :)

Phobia
01-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Heh heh. I really don't care. I hope you little pieces of shit know that.

|Zach|
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Heh heh. I really don't care. I hope you little pieces of shit know that.
Hey, I am a big piece of shit.

Show some respect Phil.

Miles
01-14-2005, 05:01 PM
At least their are not two ABC games this week like last week. No ESPN night crew. :thumb:

AeroSquid
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm so excited... tomorrow will be my first NFL game in HDTV.

Phobia
01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm so excited... tomorrow will be my first NFL game in HDTV.

I had forgotten about that. At what time should I arrive?