PDA

View Full Version : Vermeil's Final Year

Mile High Mania
01-08-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm curious... there have been many comments made about what Vermeil should do this season. There have also been many comments made towards whether or not he should return for his final season.

How many of you would like Vermeil to stay at his farm in PA and not return for 2005?

ck_IN
01-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Bringing him here was a mistake. Why compound it by letting him stay!

Calcountry
01-08-2005, 02:02 PM
He should go now, the horse is out of the barn.

go bowe
01-08-2005, 02:02 PM
eh, what's one more year?

HemiEd
01-08-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm curious... there have been many comments made about what Vermeil should do this season. There have also been many comments made towards whether or not he should return for his final season.

How many of you would like Vermeil to stay at his farm in PA and not return for 2005?

I want him back and he is going to go out with a Gatoraide bath and riding on the teams shoulders!
Then I want him to get his rear out to the "on the edge" winery and help get the volume up so I can find some of it!

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Let Gun have his defense staff & players. Lighten up on the practices(may scare FAs away as it is now)..stay on for 1 more year

Mr. Laz
01-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Vermeil isn't really into it anyway... he should just go now

i want a head coach that is envolved and giving his all ... not a lame duck old fugger who wasn't even giving 100% before now.

let Al Saunders take this final year as head coach, then have a full blown Head Coaching search next year.

Vermeil is dead weight figurehead who is prolly doing more harm than good at this point.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Lighten up on the practices
:eek: wtf ???

seems like this team is already lazy and complacent to me.

we need more discipline and preparation, not less.

Phobia
01-08-2005, 04:14 PM
Let Gun have his defense staff & players. Lighten up on the practices(may scare FAs away as it is now)..stay on for 1 more year

Wow - gotta be a player. I'm gonna go check to see if Wile has ever posted on a gamethread or in late July- early Aug.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2005, 04:22 PM
DV is known for grueling practices. There could be an argument made for Morton & Kennison having a better year this year, because injuries meant less practice time. Their age detracts from that argument though

Mile High Mania
01-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Wow ... the majority wants Vermeil with a revamped defense. I figured it would be the "let the future begin now".

The Bad Guy
01-08-2005, 05:24 PM

If you've ever been to River Falls, you wouldn't be saying that.

Vermeil's practices are real light - they don't even tackle.

PastorMikH
01-08-2005, 05:31 PM
If Carl and Gun re-vamp the D (Their way, not DVs), and DV stays, we become a serious contender next season. Without DV in this situation, I'm not so sure. A new HC isn't even commited to keeping Gun. AND if that new HC is Al, who knows what we'll get in decision making.

The thing that concerns me is this window is closing. Another couple of years and this team will need rebuilt. I'd rather have DV stay with a revamped D - with someone other than DV getting final say.

IF the D is not revamped, I'm for starting over now - seriously, why bother. This D has completely negated one of higher scoring offenses in the history of the NFL. I'm betting that if this combination got us nowhere in the last 3 years, the 4th will probably be about the same.