PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimer wins first top coaching honor

DanT
01-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Congratulations to Marty.

Schottenheimer wins first top coaching honor

By BARRY WILNER, AP Football Writer
January 8, 2005
NEW YORK (AP) -- Marty Schottenheimer's guidance of one of the great turnarounds in NFL history won him The Associated Press 2004 NFL Coach of the Year award.

Schottenheimer took the San Diego Chargers from tailender to division champion, from a 4-12 embarrassment to a 12-4 power that was to host the New York Jets in a playoff game Saturday night. The 61-year-old, who also has worked in Cleveland, Kansas City and Washington, did his best work of an 18 1/2 -season head coaching career.

continued at http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-coachofyear

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
congrats to Marty... i hope he goes to SB, but he wont make it out of Pitts or NE. They will be MAD intimidated, plus Marty sat all his starters last week. that typically doesnt work... ask Shanarat.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Marty Schottenheimer = The Best Regular Season Coach of all time!

ChiefsOne
01-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Congratulations to Schottenheimer, well deserving! Hope he makes it to the Superbowl and wins.

Skip Towne
01-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Congrats to Marty. He's a helluva coach.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-08-2005, 03:38 PM
the guy has helped rip the heart out of your chest on several occasions with his decisions. Is leading a AFC West foe & your cheering him on...:shrug:

~screw him, I hope he fails...again

Mile High Mania
01-08-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't understand Brees getting the NFL Comeback Player Award.

I mean, where did he go in the first place? He had nothing to comeback to (top player status) or to comeback from (major injury)... I just don't get it.

mikey23545
01-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Congrats to Marty...

The weird ****ers on this BB who wish him ill absolutely amaze me. He took KC to some of the best years in their history. I guess because he fell short of the ultimate he should be reviled as the anti-Christ and a child molesting, terrorist c*cksucker....

Good luck, Marty!