PDA

View Full Version : WR Troy Williamson...South Carolina

CanadaKC
01-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Has just declared for the NFL draft. Apparantly Mel Kiper thinks he should be a top 10-15 pick...but thinks he may slide to the 2nd round.
Hmmmm. Anyone have info on this guy? He's apparenlty 6-1 and runs a 4.3 40.

CanadaKC
01-08-2005, 03:22 PM
anyone? I think we can nab him in round two...he sounds too good to pass up in 2nd round.

Mile High Mania
01-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Try...

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

I had 2 sites bookmarked, I thought... they were really good, I'll dig through some of my folders.

Alphaman
01-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't think we can afford to use our 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR. We must get defense (starter or impactful depth). If we get a WR, it would need to be somebody who could be an immediate starter and that means a FA. I like David Givens. I'd also look into giving Seattle a 4th or 5th for Koren Robinson.

CanadaKC
01-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks Mile High....Kiper has him as high as 11th overall.... :eek:

CanadaKC
01-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I know we'll be drafting D with our first round pick...but 2nd and this guy is still there? hmmm...makes you wonder...

Mr. Laz
01-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't think we can afford to use our 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR. We must get defense (starter or impactful depth)
agreed

due to the complete and utter failure of last offseason we pretty much have to dedicate every resource we have to the defense this year.

we may have to pick more than 1 player to fill a position because we can't afford to miss.

this IS IT ... we have to fill several important positions on defense NOW. If we miss, we don't make a legit super bowl run and our window is pretty much closed.

CanadaKC
01-08-2005, 03:38 PM
this IS IT ... we have to fill several important positions on defense NOW I totally agree. I'd only let carl off the hook if he goes after some great FA's like Kendrell Bell or Smoot...then I could forgive him for drafting this kid. Of course we know, however, that's never going to happen... :cuss:

Alphaman
01-08-2005, 03:47 PM
agreed

do to the complete and utter failure of last offseason we pretty much have to dedicate every resource we have to the defense this year.

we may have to pick more than 1 player to fill a position because we can't afford to miss.

this IS IT ... we have to fill several important positions on defense NOW. If we miss, we don't make a legit super bowl run and our window is pretty much closed.

Don't get me wrong, we'll need to take some offensive guys in rounds 4 through 7, but rounds 1 and 2 should be all D (CB and DE).

Mr. Laz
01-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, we'll need to take some offensive guys in rounds 4 through 7, but rounds 1 and 2 should be all D (CB and DE).

i have no problem with drafting some offensive guys later with and idea of future replacements for our older offensive guys.

but i still say the majority should be defense.

who knows when we might catch another Jared Allen for the defense?

multiple guys for the defense ... so if one doesn't work out immediately, maybe the other will.

royr17
01-09-2005, 06:47 AM
bump

royr17
01-09-2005, 06:49 AM
I know you guys may not want a WR but this is one kid that I heard has some serious talent, I wouldnt mind us taking him in round 2 although im gonna get some hell over this.

Samie Parker replaces Morton as starter and Williamson replaces Kennison as starter in a year, wouldnt sound too bad to me.

Manila-Chief
01-09-2005, 06:56 AM
If Mel has him at 11 ... there is no way he will last til the 2nd. round.

I'm not the betting type ... but this is just the type of guy Kingless might go after.....

My bad ... just went to the link above and here is Kingless' first draft pick....

#28 *Heath Miller TE 6-5, 255 Virginia

This way we can have 4 TE in the game in critical situations.

What'd you think?

royr17
01-09-2005, 06:58 AM
But guys here is the report on the kid from NFL Draft Countdown :

Troy Williamson

College: South Carolina
Position: Wide Receiver
Height: 6-2
Weight: 200
Class: Junior
40-Yard: 4.4

SCOUTING REPORT

Strengths: Excellent speed...Good size...Very good production...Good athletic ability...Explosive...A big play threat who can really stretch the field.

Weaknesses: Needs to expand his game to be more than just a deep threat...Played in a run orientated offense...Has had some minor injuries so durability could be a minor concern.

Notes: Underrated player who has been one of the most productive wideouts in the SEC...Could thrive as a senior in Steve Spurrier's offense if he returns to school.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:04 AM
I do hope we draft him ...

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Can you imagine, Parker, Williamson, Bo, Hall, and Smith as our WR's in 2 years ... Damn that looks pretty damn good to me, Oh and I hope we draft Carlos Rogers from Auburn too, I think the guy is gonna be a stud.

Manila-Chief
01-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I sure wish one of these would fall to us:
Marlin Jackson CB 6-1, 200 Michigan (O)
*Ahmad Brooks LB 6-4, 250 Virginia
Carlos Rogers CB 6-1, 195 Auburn

Anyone know anything about:
Marcus Spears DE 6-4, 295 LSU
Travis Johnson DT 6-5, 295 Florida State (O)

Don't Fla State DT normally turn out pretty good?
I've heard some of the hype on Spears

Course ... I really would rather have either Rolle or Johnson but they will not be there when we draft.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
good news, he'll push a defensive player to us

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Marcus Spears was a monster most of the year, but the one time I got to see ALOT of him was the Capital One Bowl and he didn't make a single play.

The announcers mentioned that LSU was trying to hide the fact that he had a biceps injury.

It's also been mentioned numerous times that he lacks "fire" and has problems at times with getting motivated.

Manila-Chief
01-09-2005, 07:21 AM
Can you imagine, Parker, Williamson, Bo, Hall, and Smith as our WR's in 2 years ... Damn that looks pretty damn good to me, Oh and I hope we draft Carlos Rogers from Auburn too, I think the guy is gonna be a stud.

Roy Jr.... If we didn't have so many problems on D I'd agree with you. I have serious questions about Parker, Williamson, Bo, Hall, or Smith being able to become a true #1 WR. May not have a true #1 but we have enough #1's in the league at other positions on O that we can more than make do with what we have. It's D we need.

This guy does sound like he will be good and if he is what the hype says he is then it would set our O on fire.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Roy Jr.... If we didn't have so many problems on D I'd agree with you. I have serious questions about Parker, Williamson, Bo, Hall, or Smith being able to become a true #1 WR. May not have a true #1 but we have enough #1's in the league at other positions on O that we can more than make do with what we have. It's D we need.

This guy does sound like he will be good and if he is what the hype says he is then it would set our O on fire.

All I know is I want us to draft CB Carlos Rogers if he is there, if Williamson is there and Donte Nickolson isnt than take Williamson but if not I want Nickolson, the guy is being called a poor mans Roy Williams he is a FS. Then I want a QB, DE, LB, OL.

Plus we are to have what about 9 to 11 picks this year right. We better get us some damn good players.

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 07:43 AM
All I know is I want us to draft CB Carlos Rogers if he is there, if Williamson is there and Donte Nickolson isnt than take Williamson but if not I want Nickolson, the guy is being called a poor mans Roy Williams he is a FS. Then I want a QB, DE, LB, OL.

Plus we are to have what about 9 to 11 picks this year right. We better get us some damn good players.

Nickolson will be around when we pick in the 2nd. Hell, he might be there when we pick in the 3rd.

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Nickolson will be around when we pick in the 2nd. Hell, he might be there when we pick in the 3rd.

Well thats a guy that I think we really need to get. Cut Woods start Harts and let Nickolson replace in a year or start Nickolson. I have a feelin the guy is gonna be a pretty good player.

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 07:45 AM
Well thats a guy that I think we really need to get. Cut Woods start Harts and let Nickolson replace in a year or start Nickolson. I have a feelin the guy is gonna be a pretty good player.

Kinda like the feeling you had with Rich Scanlon? ;)

royr17
01-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Kinda like the feeling you had with Rich Scanlon? ;)

Yea and i still have that feeling too. If ever given the chance to show what he could do in the middle I think the kid will shine.

But plz dont get me started ont his again.