PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Marty....

Deberg_1990
01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Anyone surprised????

KCJohnny
01-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Marty, hang your head in shame...you have had 20 years to improve on this and you flunk!

KCJohnny
01-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Although once again, the kicker failed...

FringeNC
01-08-2005, 10:07 PM

But why bet the ranch on a shaky rookie kicker?

easymobee
01-08-2005, 10:07 PM
http://forum.uniontrib.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8

Here is the link to the Meltdown.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2005, 10:08 PM
This guy hasnt changed one bit...it doesnt matter what coaches play under him, what players play under him..hes plays things too damn close to the vest.

Kris Kringle
01-08-2005, 10:08 PM
I still like Marty.

Stinger
01-08-2005, 10:09 PM

I would say the 3 plays he called before that might have had something to do with. Same old Marty

easymobee
2 great games.

Bobby Engram, Nate Kaeding, and Eric Barton were the players of the game.

Barton is the lucky one of the 3 to be sure.

Deberg_1990
I still like Marty.

Why?? Who cares if he gets ya to the playoffs each year only to rip your heart out every damn time?? Whats the point? Hes the modern day Chuck Knox.

Pitt Gorilla
I would say the 3 plays he called before that might have had something to do with. Same old MartyConservatism kills.

dilligaf
I think that he is just cursed. :banghead:

DTLB58
This guy hasnt changed one bit...it doesnt matter what coaches play under him, what players play under him..hes plays things too damn close to the vest.

Yep, My feelings exactly! I just got the feeling the whole game he was saying "Just stay close, we will get them in the 4th" :shake:

Iowanian
01-08-2005, 10:10 PM
If the BOLTS want to Cut Kaeding.........Offer them their pick of any 2 of our Corners.

Count Zarth
Marty's an idiot.

He ran the ball 3 times up the center's ass to prepare for a field goal.

Marty's an idiot.

siberian khatru
Conservatism kills.

Mods, please move this thread to the DC forum.

Stinger
01-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Conservatism kills.

Yep

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Mods, please move this thread to the DC forum. ROFL

gblowfish
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Here's what I said two days ago on a different Marty Thread:

"Quite Frankly, there's a gleam, men. A GLEAM! Now it's time to get the boat going in the right direction. Pick up an oar, and let's row...yadda yadda yadda..."

Things that will bite Marty in the butt:
1) Conservative play calling;
2) Rookie field goal kicker
3) Bad Mojo: Marty chasing the Super Bowl is like Ishmael chasing the whale in Moby Dick. Just ain't gonna happen.

Chiefs fans and Browns fans agree...and Bolts fans will soon learn. Marty'll get you close, but break your heart every time."

Yikes....I can bend forks with my mind!!!

Iowanian
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Bolt fans won't agree, but this is the proper ending for this game, since they were living on a Gimme by the Jets after Brees Choked on 4th and 1.

Rain Man
01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I just had a great idea. A team should hire Marty, and then fire him just after Week 17, when they've made the playoffs, and hire another head coach. Then they can hire Marty again the following preseason.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2005, 10:14 PM
I just had a great idea. A team should hire Marty, and then fire him just after Week 17, when they've made the playoffs, and hire another head coach. Then they can hire Marty again the following preseason.

hahah..Yep! That team would win it all every year!!

Miles
01-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Curse!!!

http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/screengrabs/lovemummy/lovemummy09.jpg

Skip Towne
01-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Bolt fans won't agree, but this is the proper ending for this game, since they were living on a Gimme by the Jets after Brees Choked on 4th and 1.
Hey dude, an Iowanian blew this game. That is why I am always against Iowa players. They suck!!!!

siberian khatru
01-08-2005, 10:22 PM

Keep the other coach locked in a box labeled "IN CASE OF PLAYOFFS, BREAK GLASS."

milkman
01-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I got home just in time to see the replay of the missed Kaeding FG.

What a shock!
Not!

I said in a thread that asked the whether the Jets could beat the Chargers that I would not be surprised in the least to see the Jets win.

I expected that Marty would find a way to lose, and cited that one of the possible excuses for the loss would be his kicker missing a FG.

It sounded like it was classic Martyocre, play not to lose football, and his typical postseason "bad luck" bit him in the ass, again.

KCTitus
01-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Marty really didnt play to lose, he got a gift from the refs, otherwise it would have been over in regulation.

htismaqe
01-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Curse!!!

http://www.aquateencentral.com/images/screengrabs/lovemummy/lovemummy09.jpg

Curse?

I think not.

Poor coaching.

ChiefsFanatik88
01-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I think that he is just cursed. :banghead:

If it's a curse, It's self inflicted. Everything he does tears the heart out of the fans. He will never win the big game or a playoff game for that matter.

htismaqe
01-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Marty's an idiot.

He ran the ball 3 times up the center's ass to prepare for a field goal.

Marty's an idiot.

Worse.

He ran the ball twice up the center's ass.

The third run was off guard, setting the kick up on the hash instead of the center of the field.

Moron.

milkman
01-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Marty really didnt play to lose, he got a gift from the refs, otherwise it would have been over in regulation.

I think you're talking to me.

I can't speculate on the game and discuss why one of the league's top offenses only scored 17 points, and needed the help of an stupid personal foul on the Jets to score that last 7.

But the plays that set up that missed FG were typical Martyocre, play not to lose football.

He should have been aggressively attempting to advance the ball further, to ensure the best possible FG attempt.

Sure, the kicker should make a 40 yarder, but it still not a chip shot.

Marty protected the ball. That was his primary objective in that situation.

Don't take any risks, protect the ball, play not to lose.

Classic Martyocre.

the Talking Can
01-08-2005, 10:43 PM
he SETTLED for a 40 yard FG in the rain with a rookie kicker rather then attempt to gain more yards or (gasp!) score a TD.....he got what he deserved

tk13
01-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Worse.

He ran the ball twice up the center's ass.

The third run was off guard, setting the kick up on the hash instead of the center of the field.

Moron.
Yeah, that was the biggest thing. He had it in perfect position, middle of the field on 3rd down, chance to kick it straight on AND save your behind if there's a bad snap. Now, that doesn't take into account being "aggressive" and going for it, but if you are going to be conversative there, you might as well go all out and kick it from the middle of the field on 3rd down.

htismaqe
01-08-2005, 10:47 PM
I think you're talking to me.

I can't speculate on the game and discuss why one of the league's top offenses only scored 17 points, and needed the help of an stupid personal foul on the Jets to score that last 7.

But the plays that set up that missed FG were typical Martyocre, play not to lose football.

He should have been aggressively attempting to advance the ball further, to ensure the best possible FG attempt.

Sure, the kicker should make a 40 yarder, but it still not a chip shot.

Marty protected the ball. That was his primary objective in that situation.

Don't take any risks, protect the ball, play not to lose.

Classic Martyocre.

Yep.

stevieray
01-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Damn, this division sucks.

Miles
01-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Curse?

I think not.

Poor coaching.

Yeah i know...just attempting to make a joke.

htismaqe
01-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah i know...just attempting to make a joke.

No need to manufacture jokes here, friend.

Marty is the only joke we need...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
I just started cracking up when I saw the first play call of LT up the center's ass. They asked me what was so funny, I told my friends that there will be 2 more of those, although I was wrong...one was off guard. I thought Kaeding was going to make that kick and I told my friends that it's just not right because he doesn't deserve to win by putting his kicker in that position and his team by playing not to lose, and wow...I was right. I think Marty losing all the time is a reminder that you have to take big risks if you want big rewards. You have to go outside the box sometimes in life to succeed. Too bad Marty never got the message someone higher above was trying to send him. Conservative fool.