PDA

View Full Version : "It was Martyball, and avoiding Martyball is why we got to play in this game."

the Talking Can
01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
San Diego awakes to the smell of Martyball (http://forum.uniontrib.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=40409)

This is the only thread you need to read on the Charger's forum. I'm pretty sure its a cut and paste from the old Star board.

We are now brothers in pain and humiliation with the Chargers.

"Unfortunately we deserved to lose it. Most disappointing was the terrible playcalling on offense through three quarters. It was much like the playcalling last year (screen, dink, dunk, 2 yard pass here, 1 yard pass there). 3rd down and 8? Let's throw the ball four yards. We did not play like a high-powered offense team that helped get us into the playoffs."

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 12:00 AM
there's no crazy combat Johhny on the Charger board, I promise..

Dave Lane
01-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Who will save us then?

Dave

siberian khatru
01-09-2005, 12:38 AM
It's like watching VH1's "We Are the '90s."

WilliamTheIrish
01-09-2005, 12:47 AM
I didn't care for the play calling at the end. They were reeling and we pretty much just sat down."- Drew Brees, post game press conference

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 12:56 AM
That was terrible to see, I agree.

Watching this team I though, what in the hell? They are a much better offensive team than what they showed tonight. Marty held them back. What happened to the medium to long range passes to Parker and McCardell? What happened to the double moves by Gates (he had a 34 yarder but that was YAC, it was a 7 yard pass)? Instead I see short ranged passes; 5 yard outs to backup TEs, and little swing passes. Not to mention, Tomlinson up the center's ass. This offense is very good, the playbook must have got cut in half for this playoff game or something. I mean, wow, they went from a top O to an O that only mustered 17 points? This Chargers offense is more balanced than the Rams and the Rams scored 32 on the Jets, and Chargers only score 17? You gotta give credit to the Jets D, but the Chargers were not running the same plays it seemed.

Am I the only one that thinks the playbook was short tonight? I think the Chargers could've scored a lot more than they did on that Jet D. It was a shame because I kinda wanted Marty to win because I felt sorry for him, but he hasn't changed so he deserves it. Heck, he has more weapons on this offense than he EVER had on any of his Chiefs teams offenses when he coached the Chiefs, and 17 points?

Michael Michigan
01-09-2005, 12:59 AM
My eyes...

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 01:26 AM
- Drew Brees, post game press conference

seriously?

damn, that boy is a truth teller....

Lzen
01-09-2005, 08:37 AM
That was terrible to see, I agree.

Watching this team I though, what in the hell? They are a much better offensive team than what they showed tonight. Marty held them back. What happened to the medium to long range passes to Parker and McCardell? What happened to the double moves by Gates (he had a 34 yarder but that was YAC, it was a 7 yard pass)? Instead I see short ranged passes; 5 yard outs to backup TEs, and little swing passes. Not to mention, Tomlinson up the center's ass. This offense is very good, the playbook must have got cut in half for this playoff game or something. I mean, wow, they went from a top O to an O that only mustered 17 points? This Chargers offense is more balanced than the Rams and the Rams scored 32 on the Jets, and Chargers only score 17? You gotta give credit to the Jets D, but the Chargers were not running the same plays it seemed.

Am I the only one that thinks the playbook was short tonight? I think the Chargers could've scored a lot more than they did on that Jet D. It was a shame because I kinda wanted Marty to win because I felt sorry for him, but he hasn't changed so he deserves it. Heck, he has more weapons on this offense than he EVER had on any of his Chiefs teams offenses when he coached the Chiefs, and 17 points?

I didn't watch the game. But seeing all the comments around here, it seems that the leopard hasn't changed his spots. He brought out the ole Marty Schott. playbook. It's filled with things they never ran and mostly very conservative plays. Does this really surprise anyone?

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 08:41 AM
The only thing that keep this close was that Herm "Marty Jr." Edwards and Paul Can't Hackett were on the other sideline, playing RBbC and having LB hit people in the head...

Count Alex's Losses
01-09-2005, 08:49 AM
The only thing that keep this close was that Herm "Marty Jr." Edwards and Paul Can't Hackett were on the other sideline, playing RBbC and having LB hit people in the head...

Yeah but at least they ran a flea flicker. ROFL

Calcountry
01-10-2005, 04:41 PM
I didn't watch the game. But seeing all the comments around here, it seems that the leopard hasn't changed his spots. He brought out the ole Marty Schott. playbook. It's filled with things they never ran and mostly very conservative plays. Does this really surprise anyone?
Its like I said countless times before the game. Marty outcoaches himself.

Once he was in FG range in O.T. he couldnt' figure out what to do. So he runs it figuring if I pick up a yard it is closer for the FG. That nets 3 yards for 1 yrd gain, the kicker misses.

How about play action pass and go for a first down? How about a play action and a deep rout that is safe for Brees to throw away if its covered in the end zone? If you catch it, it is game over and you don't have to kick.

Play not to lose Marty? Although this shit caused me a lot of pain, i couldn't help but feel sorry for you as you watched the Jets kicker line up and nail 2 kicks through the uprights like it was nothing.

Spicy McHaggis
01-10-2005, 05:14 PM
We are now brothers in pain and humiliation with the Chargers. Its kinda like I found out my dad has another family in Chicago or something and now he's left both to go to the Bahamas with his secretary. I got screwed but so did those illegitimate bastards.