PDA

View Full Version : Titus must account

KCJohnny
01-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Titus wrote this:
"I can pretty much guarantee you this thread will be up near the top until Proctor decides to grow a pair..."

I have proved my "pair" by my service in combat (Bronze Star) so take your pick in who has a "pair" about whatever. Marty lost and I showed up to take my lumps. Titus accused me of timidity and he just plain wrong as are the rest of you internet cowboys typing your way to manliness. Put the old glory on your shoulder in Iraq and then come back and talk to me about having a "pair". Titus, you are sadly mistaken and wrong.

Phobia
01-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Dude. Now it has just become sad and pathetic.

Go to bed.

Come back tomorrow and post an apology thread.

I believe that's how this vicious cycle is supposed to transpire, but I could be wrong.

Iowanian
01-08-2005, 11:31 PM
I think its time to go have a talk with your Unit's chaplain.

|Zach|
01-08-2005, 11:32 PM
You and SDChiefsfan* should have a few drinks. Talk about making cool threads.

*Who I hope is doing ok and is getting better after his unfortunate illness.

Rain Man
01-08-2005, 11:40 PM
Truthfully, I think Johnny should overlook Titus' comments since Titus is a combat veteran.

Dartgod
01-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Wow. Two Hall of Classics threads in one night. I am impressed.

Phobia
01-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Truthfully, I think Johnny should overlook Titus' comments since Titus is a combat veteran.

I was not aware of that. We should save some pie for him.

Dave Lane
01-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Actually I think I may be a combat veteran as well. I was spraying this Combat stuff (agent orange?) for roaches at a couple buildings i own and some got on my hand. It was touch and go there for a bit. ROFL

Dave

Dartgod
01-08-2005, 11:52 PM
I cried during an episode of M*A*S*H once. Can I have some pie?

Dave Lane
01-08-2005, 11:55 PM

Absolutely. Thats tough... were you decorated for it?

Dave

Dartgod
01-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Absolutely. Thats tough... were you decorated for it?

Dave
Decorated? My mascara ran if that helps.

Pitt Gorilla
01-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Wow, mistaken AND wrong. You just got zinged AND burned!

Dave Lane
01-09-2005, 12:04 AM
Decorated? My mascara ran if that helps.

I'm pretty sure that counts. Pie for Dartgod at table 3.

Dave

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 12:25 AM
The Treaty at VerPIElles

Ari Chi3fs
01-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Kitty: "Meow."
Cartman: "Not kitty this is my pot PIE. No kitty get baak-no kitty it's my pot pie. Mom. Kitty is being a dildo."
Cartman's Mom: "Well then I know a certain kitty kitty who' sleeping with mommy tonight."
Cartman: "What?"

Cartman is decorated.

Demonpenz
01-09-2005, 12:37 AM
I had a grandpa that served for the ukraine and another that served in the pacific during WWII until the day they died they never said shit about what they did. It was just for their country

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Could somebody tell me what I missed please,,:hmmm:

ENDelt260
01-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Well, heck... I missed this thread.

No matter.. the goods are in the other one.

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Which one? Tell me,,Pretty Please ;)

ENDelt260
01-10-2005, 04:32 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108038

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks,,

Saggysack
01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Just alittle advice to KCJ. Medals shouldn't be worn on the shoulder but, rather on the chest.

Brock
01-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Comedy GOLD.

Spicy McHaggis
01-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Just alittle advice to KCJ. Medals shouldn't be worn on the shoulder but, rather on the chest.

The truly hardcore pin them to their bare chest. Wearing them on the shirt is the pussy way out. That reminds me I should go get a tetanus shot.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2005, 04:52 PM
This f'er should be banned already.

Did you go over to Iraq to pound your chest that you were there or to proudly serve your country?

Real heroes don't boast about the deed they did, but you seem to want validation from everyone because you are the almighty John Proctor.

Saggysack
01-10-2005, 04:52 PM
The truly hardcore pin them to their bare chest. Wearing them on the shirt is the pussy way out. That reminds me I should go get a tetanus shot.

I've had my bloodwings. Not as bad as it sounds. I remember when I was promoted from E2 to E3 I had atleast 100 of those damn little pin punctures on and near my collarbone. Ahh, the good ol days.

But, what I was trying to get at his KCJ is using his medals to define himself. He is holding them up any chance he gets to try to prove himself. Why? I understand him being proud of them. But, I also get the feeling KCJ deep down sees himself somewhat above those that don't have those decorations. And he has a little tude about it, hence medals shouldn't be worn on the shoulders remark.

Dave Lane
01-10-2005, 05:10 PM
I know a guy who got the Bronze Star for taking food to troops in the frontline. He was a cook and all the cooks in his company got a bronze star. He used to laugh what a joke his "cooking medal" was. "I only got the bronze!"

Dave

ExtremeChief
01-10-2005, 05:25 PM
My father served in the Korean War
My brother served both in Desert Storm and the latest conflict in Iraq.
They both understand that many Americans appreciate what they sacrificed, and yet the also understand that it's doesn't give them the right to act like a self-righetous ass for no apparent reason. You volunteered to go into the service, you served your country in a foreign land. Thanks, I really do appreciate it. Now quit being an asshole and banging your chest for no reason. It's ridiculous and, quite frankly, embarrasing.

Rain Man
01-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Just as a bit of trivia, my father-in-law has two silver stars from his days as a helicopter gunship pilot (and battalion commander) in Vietnam. I keep slowly trying to get war stories out of him, and he's got some really good ones.

At one point, my wife found the documents describing why he got the silver stars, but the descriptions were very dry and not very illuminating. It's still my goal to get those stories out of him.

Rain Man
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
I know a guy who got the Bronze Star for taking food to troops in the frontline. He was a cook and all the cooks in his company got a bronze star. He used to laugh what a joke his "cooking medal" was. "I only got the bronze!"

Dave

Seriously? I've read that there's been medal inflation, but I still thought the Bronze Star was truly something to be proud of.

ROYC75
01-10-2005, 05:32 PM

In 1975, I got to play Speachucker Jones in our high school play, do I qualify ?

Rain Man
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
In 1975, I got to play Speachucker Jones in our high school play, do I qualify ?

Did the casting people switch you from running back to quarterback?

Joe Seahawk
01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
I think you should apologize to Titus for assuming he doesn't appreciate your (and all soldiers) service to this country..

This is really pathetic.. :shake:

the Talking Can
01-10-2005, 05:37 PM
where's Johnny's strap-on wielding protector denise?

ROYC75
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Did the casting people switch you from running back to quarterback?

Beats the hell out of me, been so long I don't recall to much of it. All I really know is, in the movie Spearchucker was a black man, in our play I was a white man. It was just a small part, I always had small parts in the plays, I was a lousy actor. :D

ROYC75
01-10-2005, 05:41 PM
I think you should apologize to Titus for assuming he doesn't appreciate your (and all soldiers) service to this country..

This is really pathetic.. :shake:

Ditto !

Saulbadguy
01-10-2005, 05:42 PM
What a sad little bitch.

htismaqe
01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I had a grandpa that served for the ukraine and another that served in the pacific during WWII until the day they died they never said shit about what they did. It was just for their country

Exactly.

REAL vets don't flaunt their service and demand respect.

ChiTown
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Exactly.

My Dad was a WWII vet. Served in Europe from 1940 to 1945. Never said a word about it unless we were curious (as kids) to the details. Even then, he was tight-lipped. His service record was fantastic and he was a highly decorated member of the Army AirCorp. In the 35 years I knew my Father, I never, and I mean never, heard him disparage any civilian with the attitude of "pick up a rifle, or shut the f*ck up". He was proud to serve, but he never, not once, ever felt like he was owed a penny. He wouldn't accept any Army benefits during his entire life. The only thing he accepted (posthumanously) was the America Flag given to my Mother upon his death.

Guys like KCJ make me want to puke. My Dad, if he were still alive, wouldn't give that prick the time of day, and neither shall I.

Phobia
01-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Exactly.

Yeah. Heh. Now I feel a little goofy with my name.

stumppy
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah. Heh. Now I feel a little goofy with my name.

A little to late for that isn't it ?

We all know what you're about.
Entitlement, entitlement, entitlement.
(Pie, pie, pie)

How bout we all just take up a collection and pay you off for your...uh...well, whatever it is you did..deserve...want...have coming too you.

:p

Frazod
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Proctor strikes me as a guy who has an extremely orderly and regimented life. He's certainly the undisputed master of the house, and has achieved enough rank that he's used to his orders and opinions not being questioned. When he comes here, though, he can't control anybody. IMO, it flies in the face of everything he knows, and simply drives him insane. I've known a lot of guys in the service who don't translate well into civilian life situations for this reason.

FWIW, I don't recall John giving specifics about his combat experiences. I've never known any combat vet who openly spoke of such things. He doesn't say "I was here, I killed this many people, I endured such and such" - rather, when cornered, he talks about his medals and service generally. And when that doesn't produce the desired effect, he loses it, and thus begins the downward hell spiral.

I've sparred with John on this BB enough to last a lifetime. As I said last night, I've made my peace with him, and I've also made a promise to myself that I won't go there anymore. IMO, he's been through a lot, and if he swims in the deep end occasionally, I figure he's got his reasons. I won't judge him. It's not my place.

Again, I would very much like to see these threads locked. I think he's been dogpiled enough.

Phobia
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
A collection would be grand. I recommend no more or no less than 2 months salary, though. I couldn't take 3 months of anybody's salary. That wouldn't be right.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Frazod ... I was thinking the same thing and am glad you typed it.

Rain Man
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
A collection would be grand. I recommend no more or no less than 2 months salary, though. I couldn't take 3 months of anybody's salary. That wouldn't be right.

Three months? Who are you? Sergeant De Beers?

Phobia
01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Again, I would very much like to see these threads locked. I think he's been dogpiled enough.

Nice post.

I'm not certain what the exact criteria for locking a thread was (haven't done it for a long time), but I'm not certain this one meets any precedent. I think the way we did that was the auther had to request a thread lock. I'm unsure. The waters are further muddied because until one bad apple ruined it, we allowed thread authors to delete their own threads (which would eleviate any requirement for this rule).

If another mod feels comfortable locking it, go for it. I don't think it would be consistent with what I've done in the past.

Phobia
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Three months? Who are you? Sergeant De Beers?

Are you sending a check or paypal?

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
ENDelt locked a GoChiefs thread today for the hell of it..

stumppy
01-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Well then, let me be the first. Please post your address on this thread so I can send the money. ( I can't figure out how to use the personal messages)
Hmmm, I was thinking. When I mail it to you I'll just stick a 4 or 5 extra stamps in the envelope ( that's about equal to 2 mnts of my salary).

Am I gonna have to do this for all the Combat Vets. ?

Saulbadguy
01-10-2005, 06:56 PM
If another mod feels comfortable locking it, go for it. I don't think it would be consistent with what I've done in the past.
I don't feel it should be locked. I've seen dogpiles go on longer and harder than this, for much less. IMO, military service doesn't get you the right to be an asshole, and it certainly doesn't give you a free pass to be forgiven after you act like a dick. I don't really know what he went through, and frankly I do not care. The way he has acted in the past couple of days has warranted the kind of treatment he has received.

I do not feel sorry for him at all.

Phobia
Am I gonna have to do this for all the Combat Vets. ?

No. Just send it through me and I'll ensure it is distributed appropriately.

Saulbadguy
It was like 3 years old, and it was yet another GoChiefs "look at me" thread.

Phobia
01-10-2005, 06:57 PM

Cool.

Start a poll. I'll do whatever the majority wishes.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
No need for a poll... just kinda old at this point. Something tragic could happen tomorrow to our country, and everyone would be "warm and fuzzy" with KCJ. So, this thread just has a weird feel to it with all the attacks.

We all know what he's like here, but some stuff gets too personal.

stumppy
01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Proctor strikes me as a guy who has an extremely orderly and regimented life. He's certainly the undisputed master of the house, and has achieved enough rank that he's used to his orders and opinions not being questioned. When he comes here, though, he can't control anybody. IMO, it flies in the face of everything he knows, and simply drives him insane. I've known a lot of guys in the service who don't translate well into civilian life situations for this reason.

FWIW, I don't recall John giving specifics about his combat experiences. I've never known any combat vet who openly spoke of such things. He doesn't say "I was here, I killed this many people, I endured such and such" - rather, when cornered, he talks about his medals and service generally. And when that doesn't produce the desired effect, he loses it, and thus begins the downward hell spiral.

From what I've read over the past couple years I'd say that's probably not far from the truth. Although I wonder how anyone that loses control as easy as he does would be able to advance very far in the military.

stumppy
01-10-2005, 07:04 PM
No. Just send it through me and I'll ensure it is distributed appropriately.

:eek:

You read my mind.

Now that I think about it, if you'll just send my dad's portion to me I'll make sure the family get's their share.

Skip Towne
01-10-2005, 07:11 PM

I've sparred with John on this BB enough to last a lifetime. As I said last night, I've made my peace with him, and I've also made a promise to myself that I won't go there anymore. IMO, he's been through a lot, and if he swims in the deep end occasionally, I figure he's got his reasons. I won't judge him. It's not my place.

This is far too calm and reasoned. Who are you and what have you done with Frazod?

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
It was like 3 years old, and it was yet another GoChiefs "look at me" thread.

Actually that thread was a heartfelt apology to the board.

Saulbadguy
01-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Actually that thread was a heartfelt apology to the board.
A couple of years ago it was...but afterwards it was a look at me thread.

ENDelt260
01-10-2005, 09:18 PM
I didn't lock that thread for the hell of it.

I locked it because I didn't want anyone to be able to post on it.