PDA

View Full Version : I didn't like Marty as a coach in KC but you guy are going OVERBOARD .

warpaint99
01-09-2005, 12:07 AM
His team is in no way ready to win big games in the playoffs . Their whole season was about overachieving and that wont cut it in the playoffs.

Their team still lacks some playmakers.

And I use to call the talkshows all the time about FIRING marty while he coached in KC. He was a terrible offensive mind and didn't understand good quarterbacking(BONO) .

Demonpenz
01-09-2005, 12:09 AM
he was giving the biggest break of all time on that personal foul. He still ****ed it up. He has never had that killer instinct, and it bit him again.

Taco John
01-09-2005, 12:41 AM
I didn't like Marty as a coach in KC but you guy are going OVERBOARD .

Without a doubt. Just getting to where the Chargers got this year is a testament to what a great coach Marty is. I'd take Marty over Dick any day. Decisions like Donnie Edwards tell you why. At least Marty cares about having defense.

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Without a doubt. Just getting to where the Chargers got this year is a testament to what a great coach Marty is. I'd take Marty over Dick any day. Decisions like Donnie Edwards tell you why. At least Marty cares about having defense.

can someone go get KC Johhny to get "KC Johhny" on his ass?

thanks

Demonpenz
01-09-2005, 12:46 AM
vermiel has been to two superbowls. there is a reason this bad shit happens to marty in the postseason and it has nothing to do with luck

Taco John
01-09-2005, 12:54 AM
Man, the Chargers won 4 games last season. I can't believe anybody expected that they'd go all the way this year, and that Marty would be a failure if they didn't win everything.

Marty is building a hell of a program there in SD. I think this jealosy stems from the fact that KC and SD are going in opposite directions right now, and seeing Marty on the incline, you've got to do what you can to tear him down to your team's level.

He's building a hell of a program in SD.

Demonpenz
01-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Man, the Chargers won 4 games last season. I can't believe anybody expected that they'd go all the way this year, and that Marty would be a failure if they didn't win everything.

Marty is building a hell of a program there in SD. I think this jealosy stems from the fact that KC and SD are going in opposite directions right now, and seeing Marty on the incline, you've got to do what you can to tear him down to your team's level.

it's the nfl. Unless your the cards your going to have a good year eventually, thats the way it is. If you stink and stink your bound to pick up some players worth a shit.

Taco John
01-09-2005, 02:13 AM
it's the nfl. Unless your the cards your going to have a good year eventually, thats the way it is. If you stink and stink your bound to pick up some players worth a shit.

I think that brings far too much discredit for the level of competition that exists in the NFL.

tk13
01-09-2005, 02:23 AM

It has nothing to do with Marty not getting to the big game, nobody expected him to do that even coming into the playoffs. It's the fact that he built this team with their strength in having the 3rd highest scoring offense in the league only behind the Chiefs and Colts, then gets into the playoff game and they pack it in offensively. How many times did they even try to test the Jets secondary down the field? I don't think Brees was very accurate at all tonight, but I don't think they were nearly that conversative during the season IMO. Lots of screens, draws, etc... sometimes even in 3rd down situations. Their offense was pretty much dead in the water dormant until that very last drive in regulation.

I'd pretty much guarantee you, if put in that exact same situation in overtime that the Chargers were in, Al Saunders does not run it up the gut three times, he goes for the throat. Marty's definitely making some outstanding personnel moves, but until he gets out of the funk of being super-conservative at critical times I'm not sure that he's going to be as successful as he wants to be.

ENDelt260
01-09-2005, 03:14 AM
If the government were running the KC Chiefs we'd have ssuper bowl this year.

Damn capiltalist pigs. Ruining the chiefs.

Rausch
01-09-2005, 03:24 AM

That's funny, I didn't hear similar comments after we went 6-9 and turned it around to 13-3...

Nope. That was a definite failure because we didn't reach the super bowl.

ROFL

He's doing what he's always done. Run the shat out of the football, play good defense, and fold in the playoffs.

Of course, DV is doing nothing. Signing one of the most productive backs (in 4 years) of any RB in history, putting together a top 5 offense 3 years straight, and winning the division...nah....not much...

stevieray
01-09-2005, 04:10 AM
taco, your smack is so fuggen weak.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:46 AM
The SD pass defense blows and the receiving corp isn't doing much. I know they lost a guy to injury, but still.. the offense is similar to KC. It's the TE and the RB.

I still can't believe Brees was the Comeback Player of 2004. What did he come back from? He was never at an elite status... wasn't injured. He just finally had a good year... I don't understand that at all.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:48 AM

I'm not saying they're a bad team... but, now in the NFL you always see a team go from 4 or 6 wins to 10-12 wins the next year. Then, vice versa.

The Chargers had a nice season, they over achieved. And, while he appears to be building a solid team... how long will that last with FA? I'm not reading too much into SD just yet.

Big Chief Homer
01-09-2005, 07:12 AM
My feeling are directed at Marty not the chargers,i could care less about Sandy Eggo.Its Marty i like to see fail.

but in another point when you draft 1 through 5 in... what?.... 7 straight drafts your bound to get good at some point.

Big Chief Homer
01-09-2005, 07:15 AM
I'm not saying they're a bad team... but, now in the NFL you always see a team go from 4 or 6 wins to 10-12 wins the next year. Then, vice versa.

The Chargers had a nice season, they over achieved. And, while he appears to be building a solid team... how long will that last with FA? I'm not reading too much into SD just yet.
:clap: my feelings exactly.im just worried about the 21 mil. under the cap they are.

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 07:23 AM
:clap: my feelings exactly.im just worried about the 21 mil. under the cap they are.

That's $12M, if they tag Drew Brees.

ARROW2
01-09-2005, 07:24 AM

STFU and take that @$$ whippin today!

Bob Dole
01-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Playoffs?

http://www.mobog.com/pics/joo26ayk.jpg

Marcellus
01-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Saying that the Chargers lost because Marty is a terrible coach is like saying the Rams won their game because Martz is so good.

Martz sucks he just has enough talentto help overcome himself. (It doesn't hurt they were playing the Seahawks)

MArty took a team with little talent and got them farther than they should have gone.

Cochise
01-09-2005, 09:53 AM
I fail to see why everyone is blaming Marty. Players win the game, not coaches

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 09:55 AM
His team is in no way ready to win big games in the playoffs . Their whole season was about overachieving and that wont cut it in the playoffs.

Their team still lacks some playmakers.

And I use to call the talkshows all the time about FIRING marty while he coached in KC. He was a terrible offensive mind and didn't understand good quarterbacking(BONO) .

Well that's your opinion,,in my book marty sucks and I will never root for a division rival,,unless they are playing an nfc team in the superbowl that I just can't stand.ROFL

PHOG
01-09-2005, 10:01 AM
ROFL

He's doing what he's always done. Run the shat out of the football, play good defense, and fold in the playoffs.

SSDD :)