PDA

View Full Version : "thank god we were playing Schottenheimer.."

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Man, Marty is getting killed on talk radio.

I suggest turning the radio if you have time today. Any program. I'm listening to some national show on 610 and they've bagging on Marty for 30 minutes, and show no signs of stopping.

That quote in the title is from a caller from NYC. ROFL

whoman69
01-09-2005, 09:40 AM
He deserves it. He's been in the league how long and still can't change his playoff style. You keep good teams in the game and they will come back to beat you. The man has no killer instinct.

Lzen
01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Yep, and how many of us were saying it. How many of these people on this very board were jumping on Marty's bandwagon? And how many of us were saying "I'll believe it when he figures out how to win in the playoffs"? ROFL

Sure-Oz
01-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I really laughed at those last 3 plays before the FG I had a huge feeling Kaeding would miss and he did!

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 11:47 AM
He deserves everything he gets. Hes now 5-12 in the playoffs. Hes a great regular season coach because his teams are sound and play good defense. He gets to the playoffs and then plays everything so close to the vest that one little mistake will cost him the game every time. His team had one of the best offenses in the NFL and during the 3rd and 4th qaurters of that game yesterday, he acted as if he had the Bears offense with Jonathen Quinn as his QB.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 12:00 PM
I have to admit I thought Marty would win this week and lose next. They had and offense that could get it done and he went conservative again.

Now I get to bag on all those Charger fans. ROFL

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I have to admit I thought Marty would win this week and lose next. They had and offense that could get it done and he went conservative again.

Now I get to bag on all those Charger fans. ROFL

Exactly. I think if Vermeil was coaching that team last night, the Chargers win 35-17 over the Jets. The Chargers are actually the better team IMO. Just like our several of our Chiefs teams of the mid 1990's had superior talent but failed come playoff time. Marty always finds a way to play down to his cometition.