PDA

View Full Version : An hour before the Broncos/Colts game

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok, the day of reckoning is almost upon us.

I realize the feelings among everyone on this board, and knowing that... I'm staying away during the game. Once I hit submit, I am not returning to the site until after the game.

Denver has a huge freaking task before them. I understand that their chances of stopping Manning and company from going berzerk are slim, but the defense has a chance to keep it respectable.

Denver's offense has to control the clock (obviously) similar to how they did in the regular season game a year ago. Bell and Droughns need to combine for 150+ rushing yards and the line needs to keep Freeney out of Plummer's face.

Jake needs some time to find Smith, Lelie, Putzier and Watts. I hope they have a game plan that suits Jake's mobility, and they keep him out of the pocket. Jake has better numbers when he's not sitting in the pocket.

They need to improve their numbers in the redzone and Elam has to be money whenever he's asked to kick.

No, I'm not expecting a perfect game from Jake or the defense, as there will be issues. However, as long as they stick to the game plan, they can compete and upset Indy.

I remember back in 1996 when the Jags brought their big underdog team to Denver and upset the Broncos in round 1. It can happen again. I only wish that Indy had Michael Dean Perry's fat ass on the field for them... I really really hate that guy. He helped cost them the game late.

Indy will get their points, likely 35-41 points. Indy has the 29th overall defense, and the Broncos can expose them and score just as many points to stay toe-to-toe with Indy. Denver cannot win a "shootout" with Indy though.

The defense needs to set the tone early and not let it get out of control in the first half. Contain Edge and protect the middle... there will be big pass completions. That's a given, but Denver can have just as much success offensively.

Okay, it's time for me to mentally prepare ... dust off my vintage Broncos' jersey and prepare for what is hopefully a good game.

If Denver wins, I will realize it was a big upset and not expected, and will be very excited.

If Denver loses, I will be dejected if it is a blowout and only slightly crushed if it's close. I just want it to be respectable and I will take whatever slings and arrows you throw at me.

Carry on...

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Got your box of tissue ready,,;)

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Got your box of tissue ready,,;)

check

Bowser
01-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Mile High, you are a class Denver fan. I hope your team does well for your sake and other fans such as you, but in the end, I hope the Broncs get laid out just because I'm a Chiefs fan.

Serious question - Do you think it was a mistake for the Broncos to come out and call the Colt's receivers "soft"?

Bowser
01-09-2005, 11:11 AM
check

You too, Garcia.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 11:15 AM
You seem like a pretty good guy. The exception that proves the rule. But I still hope your Donkeys get smoked.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 11:16 AM
check

I never ever thought I would like a donkey fan,,but your not so bad. Doesn't mean I want them to win today.ROFL just that your not to bad for a donkey fan. ;)

stevieray
01-09-2005, 11:19 AM
way to cover your ass, Brad.

Straight, No Chaser
01-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Ok, the day of reckoning is almost upon us.

I realize the feelings among everyone on this board, and knowing that... I'm staying away during the game. Once I hit submit, I am not returning to the site until after the game.

Denver has a huge freaking task before them. I understand that their chances of stopping Manning and company from going berzerk are slim, but the defense has a chance to keep it respectable....

Hey Mile High-

I don't think you've given the Donks enough of a chance. Jake is the key today... being one of the few, the proud, Jake supporters, I can only hope he has the game of his life. Being a faithful alum, I can vividly remember 1996 like it was yesterday, when Jake's slithery style brought moans and cheers simultaneously to ASU's 11-1 Rose Bowl season. I still can't understand why some would prefer the prototypical, big arm, clinical mindset of Manning to the streaky, unpredictable, come-from-behind, memory-less Plummer. The difference is clear: either you root for the NFL's anointed "savior" who can talk about a 6 second play for 60 minutes or you go with the never-say-die underdog who brokered a compromise with league policy by wearing Tillman's number 40 on his helmet. The Shanarat has got to give Jake the opportunities to create, from all angles against a Colt defense that is 4th worst. The challenge for Donkey is to slow down the Colts offense enough to win.

--->

HolmeZz
01-09-2005, 11:44 AM
You guys are going to get slaughtered.

Good luck. ;)

jettio
01-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Colts are beatable.

I hope the sorry-azz Donx whup the Colts today.

DaKCMan AP
01-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Whatever happens, can you get Plummer to shave?

Straight, No Chaser
01-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Whatever happens, can you get Plummer to shave?

If you can believe it, I think he's doing this as a personal tribute to Pat Tillman, at least that's what I've read. Given the results, I don't think he would do this for his own beautification.

--->

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Mile High, you are a class Denver fan. I hope your team does well for your sake and other fans such as you, but in the end, I hope the Broncs get laid out just because I'm a Chiefs fan.

Serious question - Do you think it was a mistake for the Broncos to come out and call the Colt's receivers "soft"?

He never said soft, but I was he would have kept it shut.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 01:04 PM
So far it looks like MHM is going to be really bummed. Indy is whacking the crap out of Denver.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 01:15 PM
So far it looks like MHM is going to be really bummed. Indy is whacking the crap out of Denver.
Just wait for the "pussy" post from TJ..... after lasts week gift from Indy, you would have thought he would have been smarter.

Ah, well, perhaps he should have spoke to Tony Dungy on his lawn to change his mind.

Valiant
01-09-2005, 01:23 PM
MHM respectable post... But you know what will happen... I sure TJ will spin somehow...

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 01:43 PM
Plummber is your QB.

The outcome was inevitable.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Plummber is your QB.

The outcome was inevitable.
Watching last week's game and the posts of some of the donko fans, I am reminded of Rush Week where all the goobers are set up to believe they are studs asked by beautiful women to the Sorority party only to find out when they arrive it is "Bring a pig to the house" week. Manning got the team he wanted by avoiding playing last week.