PDA

View Full Version : Sure glad the Donks made all of those off season improvements!

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 01:40 PM
They are pathetic, at least they used to have a running game. They traded it away for chump bailey. What a piss poor representitive of the AFC West. My God, all we have heard about is how the Chiefs stood pat and did not try and improve. Is this improvement? If so I hope the Chiefs keep standing pat! I can not believe I was stupid enough to think the Donks could keep within ten points of the Colts. At least I don't need to watch the second half, this is the worst beating ever, the Donks are absolutly pathetic. They probably could not even beat the Faiders today!

Tuckdaddy
01-09-2005, 01:56 PM
They are pathetic, at least they used to have a running game. They traded it away for chump bailey. What a piss poor representitive of the AFC West. My God, all we have heard about is how the Chiefs stood pat and did not try and improve. Is this improvement? If so I hope the Chiefs keep standing pat! I can not believe I was stupid enough to think the Donks could keep within ten points of the Colts. At least I don't need to watch the second half, this is the worst beating ever, the Donks are absolutly pathetic. They probably could not even beat the Faiders today!

the trade was stupid and has not changed anything. At least we would have score a td by now.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 03:14 PM
the trade was stupid and has not changed anything. At least we would have score a td by now.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Many more than one in my opinion, I thiink Shannahan will be a 49er soon.

Shanny is going nowhere. He will be a Donkey for awhile.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Shanny is going nowhere. He will be a Donkey for awhile.

Oh Gwad, I hope so.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-09-2005, 03:19 PM
he may want to get out from under John Elway's shadow. It's attached to rat at the hip

~if rats have hips that is

jettio
01-09-2005, 03:48 PM
The Quenton Griffin for NFC pro-bowl CB Ronde Barber will solve the evident problems on pass defense.

That weak link is the only thing keeping Jake the Snake out of the Super Bowl.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree that the changes made didn't do what they hoped in the playoff game, but Denver didn't have a running game this season?

Trading away Portis was dumb? You guys are silly.

dirk digler
01-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I agree that the changes made didn't do what they hoped in the playoff game, but Denver didn't have a running game this season?

Trading away Portis was dumb? You guys are silly.

I think that is a fairly accurate statement MH. Your team this year didn't have the dominating running game that you have had in the past. I know you guys were ranked 4th in the league but in the last month or so of the season your running game wasn't very good IMO. Portis is a game changer in Shanny's O, Reuben reminds me alot of T Rich.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 04:04 PM
I think that is a fairly accurate statement MH. Your team this year didn't have the dominating running game that you have had in the past. I know you guys were ranked 4th in the league but in the last month or so of the season your running game wasn't very good IMO. Portis is a game changer in Shanny's O, Reuben reminds me alot of T Rich.

Droughns did well, but what happened at the end of the season was Bell being healthy and finally understanding the offense.

Bell is the future and 1 of the 2 players received for Bailey.

Portis for Bell and Bailey = good trade.

The loss of Pryce really hurt the pass rush, which in turn hurt the defense. So, that's why Dline and TE are my two focus areas for Denver this offseason and draft.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 04:04 PM

I agree with this 100%. Rueben won't be the guy next year at all...probably

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Droughns did a kick ass job for Denver, but Bell is the future. Bell can be that elusive 1,300+ yd 15 TD type of back that we're used to having.

dirk digler
01-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Droughns did well, but what happened at the end of the season was Bell being healthy and finally understanding the offense.

Bell is the future and 1 of the 2 players received for Bailey.

Portis for Bell and Bailey = good trade.

The loss of Pryce really hurt the pass rush, which in turn hurt the defense. So, that's why Dline and TE are my two focus areas for Denver this offseason and draft.

I agree I think Bell is definitely your future, the kid is super quick I just don't know if he is durable enough for a 16 game season and carrying the ball 30+ times a game.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree I think Bell is definitely your future, the kid is super quick I just don't know if he is durable enough for a 16 game season and carrying the ball 30+ times a game.

We'll find out in about 8 months.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 04:40 PM

He's been playing with a seperated shoulder for a few weeks now...that's tough.

dirk digler
01-09-2005, 04:41 PM
He's been playing with a seperated shoulder for a few weeks now...that's tough.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Thanks.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Denver has some things to fix, but not as many as some. They have a solid foundation, and as long as they can plug a few holes should be able to continue building on what has gone right.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Denver has some things to fix, but not as many as some. They have a solid foundation, and as long as they can plug a few holes should be able to continue building on what has gone right.

You are a true fan of them, that is all I have to say. Have a nice off-season!

tk13
01-09-2005, 06:55 PM
More important than that trade was not having either Pryce or Bertrand Berry to rush the passer... the trade didn't really do squat....

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
More important than that trade was not having either Pryce or Bertrand Berry to rush the passer... the trade didn't really do squat....

Not exactly true... had the pass rush been where they hoped it would be with Pryce, then who knows. A solid and consistent pass rush does help the secondary.

Bailey did play like hell in games, but I like the trade still.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Not exactly true... had the pass rush been where they hoped it would be with Pryce, then who knows. A solid and consistent pass rush does help the secondary.

Trading off Portis was not too smart.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Trading off Portis was not too smart.

Well, I doubt much would have changed in 2004.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 07:02 PM

Hell if we are going to talk about "what-ifs" injuries not happening. If Maz and Bo had not been injured the Chiefs would have went undefeated this year!

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Hell if we are going to talk about "what-ifs" injuries not happening. If Maz and Bo had not been injured the Chiefs would have went undefeated this year!

Bit of a stretch. I wasn't using a "what if" to get a wild result.

You can't deny that a good pass rush helps the secondary. Denver didn't have they depth they needed. Maybe, they'll pay for Dline help now.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Bit of a stretch. I wasn't using a "what if" to get a wild result.

You can't deny that a good pass rush helps the secondary. Denver didn't have they depth they needed. Maybe, they'll pay for Dline help now.

That is fair, I was really hoping that Denver would keep it within 10 points today. When I heard your best defensive end was out I was very dissapointed. I wish it would have been a better game, really.

Your offseason has officially begun........

shaneo69
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM

I know you're just trying to annoy the donkey fans, but please do not act like the B roncos' loss makes the Chiefs look any better.

tk13
01-09-2005, 07:40 PM

I agree, I'd rather have defense over offense, but I mean in terms of results, the results were no different.... and I think we agree having a pass rush really would've helped Denver...

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I know you're just trying to annoy the donkey fans, but please do not act like the B roncos' loss makes the Chiefs look any better.

I am not really sure what I am trying to do........mostly I am sick of them saying we did nothing. I disagree with that very much and this is my venue to vent, I think if you read all of my posts I have tried to console them somewhat.
I think both teams tried to improve to achieve a desired rusult and failed

Nightfyre
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
I am not really sure what I am trying to do........mostly I am sick of them saying we did nothing. I disagree with that very much and this is my venue to vent, I think if you read all of my posts I have tried to console them somewhat.
I think both teams tried to improve to achieve a desired rusult and failed
Last I checked we stood pat....

shaneo69
01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Last I checked we stood pat....

Hemied is one of those who believe that re-signing Bartee, Woods and Hicks actually was a bonafide attempt to improve the team.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Hemied is one of those who believe that re-signing Bartee, Woods and Hicks actually was a bonafide attempt to improve the team.
And Dalton, and Savii, and Jarred Allen, working them into the rotation. Yep you are correct, I do. Please understand the correct wording: It was an effort to improve the team in the way the people with the power to make those decisions made. What I am saying is they were doing what they felt was right to improve the team. It was not a non-action!
And I am very sure of this one: I do not know as much about football as the people that made those decisions. I enjoy thier success and know that they will have failures from time to time that I will not like. There has been a lot of both!
I have never been a Bartee or Warfield fan. In fact the same people that are blasting the three names that you mentioned above were blasting Warfield last year. Heck the media was calling them "Barfield and Wartee." But no, he had a pretty decent year this year so he is ok now with most people. Is that why a lot of fans are called "fickle fans?
How about Mcleon? He had a pretty good 2003, who would have thought that he would stink so bad this year?
Now how are we to measure the attempts to improve the defense? Is it by quantity or quality or both? I am in full agreement with the Chiefs chosen path and I will wear the homer badge proudly. The Raiders made a lot of high profile defensive improvements, how did they work? The Broncos made a bunch of them, how did they end up? All three teams were trying to accomplish the same thing, all three failed. I can not say a single one of them did not do anything to try and get better.........NONE of them "stood pat."

shaneo69
01-10-2005, 09:26 AM
And Dalton, and Savii, and Jarred Allen, working them into the rotation. Yep you are correct, I do. Please understand the correct wording: It was an effort to improve the team in the way the people with the power to make those decisions made. What I am saying is they were doing what they felt was right to improve the team. It was not a non-action!
And I am very sure of this one: I do not know as much about football as the people that made those decisions. I enjoy thier success and know that they will have failures from time to time that I will not like. There has been a lot of both!
I have never been a Bartee or Warfield fan. In fact the same people that are blasting the three names that you mentioned above were blasting Warfield last year. Heck the media was calling them "Barfield and Wartee." But no, he had a pretty decent year this year so he is ok now with most people. Is that why a lot of fans are called "fickle fans?
How about Mcleon? He had a pretty good 2003, who would have thought that he would stink so bad this year?
Now how are we to measure the attempts to improve the defense? Is it by quantity or quality or both? I am in full agreement with the Chiefs chosen path and I will wear the homer badge proudly. The Raiders made a lot of high profile defensive improvements, how did they work? The Broncos made a bunch of them, how did they end up? All three teams were trying to accomplish the same thing, all three failed. I can not say a single one of them did not do anything to try and get better.........NONE of them "stood pat."

And once again, you somehow attempt to make the Chiefs look smart by comparing them with the R aiders and B roncos. Last time I checked, you don't get jack squat by being better than just those two teams.

You ask how you are supposed to measure the attempts at improvement. Probably the best way is to look at the results. Last year's defense sucked. This year's defense somehow managed to suck worse. Therefore, our attempts at improvement can be categorized as "standing pat" or worse than "standing pat", whatever that is. You really think signing a guy like Dalton who was on his way out of the league to a minimum contract was an effort? For him to beat out your former 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick (Freeman and Downing) is pretty sad. And re-signing the same guys who sucked last year is trying to improve? How? And picking defensive players like Siavii and Allen in the 2nd and 4th rounds when you have the worst defense in the league is trying to improve? And you think Siavii was worked in to the defensive rotation? When? The guy was mostly hurt, and when he was healthy, he barely played. And he was our top pick that couldn't find playing time on this defense?

God, it's unbelievable that people still try to defend our team's "effort" last offseason. Who knew that McCleon would suck this season? Well, the majority here predicted it, seeing as he wasn't the type of CB Gunther likes to use. But you admit that you don't know as much as about football as the Chiefs decision makers (because football, after all, is as difficult to comprehend as brain surgery or rocket science). As long as you don't know anything about football, why not spare us from your homer crap.

HemiEd
01-10-2005, 11:56 AM
"As long as you don't know anything about football, why not spare us from your homer crap."

Do you have a problem understanding the written word? There are government and private agencies specifically for helping people like you.
In an effort not to insult you, I stated that I did not know as much about football as the experts. You obviously by your statements have very little understanding of many things, let alone football. Once you have followed this team for a while you might discover that a positive outlook has some benefit.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Heh ... you two should just agree to start ripping on Carl and get along.

J Diddy
01-10-2005, 12:00 PM
oh my, I have walked into a pissing match.

ROFL

jspchief
01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
The Colts decided to "stand pat" this off-season as well.

shaneo69
01-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Once you have followed this team for a while you might discover that a positive outlook has some benefit.

It's one thing to be optimistic and to have a positive outlook. But it's just plain stupid to sit here and try to defend their "moves" last offseason.

Bob Gretz, you may be surprised to learn that not everyone on this BB thought we should trade for Terrell Owens, and sign Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and Jevon Kearse last offseason. Most of us had more realistic ideas like signing Antoine Winfield, Robaire Smith, and/or Jeremiah Trotter. But no matter who we wanted to sign, the vast majority knew that the "moves" the Chiefs made weren't going to help us improve enough.

shaneo69
01-10-2005, 12:45 PM
The Colts decided to "stand pat" this off-season as well.

Et tu, JSP? You gotta be kidding. The Colts used all of their cap room to re-sign Peyton Manning. The Chiefs used all of their cap room to re-sign Bartee, Woods, and Hicks.

You're right though. The Colts did not make any other moves to improve themselves. Right now, they are exactly where they were last year at this time. If they can beat New England, then I guess "standing pat" worked for them. If they lose this weekend, then Peyton gets what he deserves for sapping all of their cap room.

HemiEd
01-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Heh ... you two should just agree to start ripping on Carl and get along.

I can not in good faith rip Carl Peterson, reasons are redundent