PDA

View Full Version : So who wins next week, Pats or Colts?

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Id say the Colts have a damn good shot at beating them this year. Without Ty Law and the new (pussy) rule changes that basically keep the CB's hands tied it will be hard to keep the Colts from scoring. Id never count out Bellicheck and the Pats at home though, so who knows?? I wonder what the weather will be like??

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Id say the Colts have a damn good shot at beating them this year. Without Ty Law and the new (pussy) rule changes that basically keep the CB's hands tied it will be hard to keep the Colts from scoring. Id never count out Bellicheck and the Pats at home though, so who knows?? I wonder what the weather will be like??

I agree, Colts.

Garcia Bronco
Outside..in the cold...advantage Pats.

2bikemike
I still think the Pats can get it done but I am unwilling to put any money on it. It should be a good game. Much better than todays game.

dirk digler
01-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Broncos... or so I am told.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I still think the Pats can get it done but I am unwilling to put any money on it. It should be a good game. Much better than todays game.

If the weather is bad and the Pats are able to pound away on the ground with Dillon then advantage Pats. I really dont think E. James is all that great. He appears to run soft to me every since his injury a few years ago. He was better when he first came in the league.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 03:38 PM
If the weather is bad and the Pats are able to pound away on the ground with Dillon then advantage Pats. I really dont think E. James is all that great. He appears to run soft to me every since his injury a few years ago. He was better when he first came in the league.

Yeah I don't much think of EJ being an elite back anymore. It could be becuase there are a lot of good backs in AFC now. But I tend to agree with you he doesn't seem to be as fierce as he once was.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah I don't much think of EJ being an elite back anymore. It could be becuase there are a lot of good backs in AFC now. But I tend to agree with you he doesn't seem to be as fierce as he once was.

yea, i remember that rookie year of his I was thinking he was going to be on of the greats. Now every time i see him run it looks like he is just falling foward and he doesnt seem to run with much authority at times.

FloridaChief
01-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Pats...since The Road To The Super Bowl appears to be officially closed to the Broncos now...

Coach
01-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Depends on the weather is going to be like in Foxboro. The cold is one of the advantages to NE. However if it's not snowing or any miserable weather, then it'll be a push.

ENDelt260
01-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Go Pats.

F*ck the Colts.

I have a friend that's a Colts fan. She hates when they lose to the Pats. Which is really cool, cause it just keeps happening over and over and over again. ROFL

Valiant
01-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Broncos... or so I am told.

ROFL

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 04:40 PM
After watching how the Colts pounding the Broncos today, my first thought would be Colts. After considering the Colts opponents today, I'll say...Pats.

cdcox
01-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I've said this is Peyton's year since it became apparent that he was going to take Marino's record. I think the NFL wants it to happen (see rule changes) and that will push him over the top.

That said, I hope I am wrong.

ENDelt260
01-09-2005, 05:05 PM
I hope Peyton throws more interceptions than touchdowns next week.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:30 PM
THE COLTS,,I will take the colts over the patty melts.:thumb:

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Hard to bet against the Patriots in their house...

Pats Fan
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
As a Patriot fan I am going to say it is going to be a tough game to win. Our secondary -- what secondary --Law Poole -- gone. It is going to be a tough one considering the guy we are going against throws, throws and then throws some more.

Our defense is going to have to step up. Big time. But then I heard Seymour is out. No secondary, no Seymour. It is going to be a tough game.

We shall see. Brady seems to step up every time it is needed. I think he will have a great game.

Tough call. I would not bet on it.

Advantage - playing in Foxboro. Yep, That is truly an advantage. We shall see.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Hard to bet against the Patriots in their house...

I'll take that bet,,:hmmm:

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
This is essentially the Super Bowl. Whoever wins this game might as well hoist the Lombardi.

I'll stand by my prediction of two weeks ago and say that Indy is going to win it all.

Alphaman
01-09-2005, 05:48 PM
I say Indy, but they will lose to Pittsburgh.

tk13
01-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm sticking with the Colts, I think Belichick is going to have to come up with the gameplan of his life to be able to make Samuel, Gay, and Earthwind Moreland cover Harrison/Wayne/Stokley for an entire game. Unless there's like 3 inches of snow on the field I don't think the weather or cold will be much of a factor. Corey Dillon can run wild on that Colts D though, they cannot fall behind early.

Spott
01-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Definitely the Pats. Then the Pats will lose to Pittsburgh after that.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Colts and Pats hate them both. Colts will win, Manning has been unstoppable. NFL will rig it though, just watch.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 07:14 PM
I'd say Pats in a close one.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 07:16 PM
NFL will rig it though, just watch.

They have tried everything in their power so far to see to it that Manning makes it to a Super Bowl. I hate these new pass interference rules.

redbrian
01-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I'd have to give the nod to the Colts.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 07:23 PM
They have tried everything in their power so far to see to it that Manning makes it to a Super Bowl. I hate these new pass interference rules.

I completely agree. They're making defenses irrelevant. They have to reverse those new rules, which stink.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2005, 09:47 PM
I completely agree. They're making defenses irrelevant. They have to reverse those new rules, which stink.

At the very least, change it to only make it a 5 yard penalty and thats it. Get rid of the automatic 1st down. Its a joke.

donshula
01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
The Question is how are the Colts going to stop New Englands
offense

Deberg_1990
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
offense

hahah..good question. I havent heard anybody mention this yet. But a VERY valid point. New England has a very good offense as well. This game could be a high scoring affair.

Phobia
01-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Now every time i see him run it looks like he is just falling foward and he doesnt seem to run with much authority at times.

Don't hate. Do you know how heavy dental gold is?

DTLB58
01-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I wonder what the weather will be like??

Weather.com says: Sunny and 31 :)

If there was every a game this year (besides a Chiefs game) I want the officials to call all the holding and crap in the defensive backfield it's this one. I am rooting for the Colts. I don't think the Pats secondary can cover the colts wr's,te's and backs without cheating and I am sick of seeing Tom Brady hold up the MVP trophy and then him trashing the Pete Rozelle award by saying that it dosen't mean crap to him. Peyton is a NFL history buff and knows what Rozelle did for the NFL and he would be honored to be named the MVP.

Go Colts!

RedNFeisty
01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Colts, baby!!

chiefs4me
01-10-2005, 08:31 PM
offense

With the Indy defense,,ROFL

sorry couldn't resist,