PDA

View Full Version : We just faced a better team out there...

Taco John
01-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Congrats to the Indy fans and their organization. We just faced a better team out there. It was a privledge to play in the game, and I wish them the best on their road to the Superbowl.

|Zach|
01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
They are soft...if the Broncos get physical with them...

Wait.

Nevermind.

Hey look! It is Rain Man on his peach colored Segway!

Brock
01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Duh. As if it were ever in question.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 03:45 PM
You call that "playing?" Your team didn't even show up.

dirk digler
01-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Congrats to the Indy fans and their organization. We just faced a better team out there. It was a privledge to play in the game, and I wish them the best on their road to the Superbowl.

I put this loss on Shanny. It was one thing to lose but to get embarrassed 2 years in a row to the same team is almost unforgivable IMO.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 03:47 PM
It was a privledge to play in the game,

I didn't see you out there. What number are you?

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 03:49 PM

You feel privileged that the Colts picked you to whoop?

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I didn't see you out there. What number are you?

Oh never mind. That was your Keanu Reeves imitation.

FloridaChief
01-09-2005, 03:56 PM
It's pretty cool that Donx fans think it was a privledge to get their asses stomped by a better team. I admire the honesty...

Otter
01-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Crow tastes like sh!t doesn't it.

Taco John
01-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Crow tastes like sh!t doesn't it.

Not really. I didn't expect a win, so this isn't a suprise. I'm happy that we got in, but disappointed that we weren't the penny on the track that derailed the Manning Express.

SaltyDog
01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
Not really. I didn't expect a win, so this isn't a suprise. I'm happy that we got in, but disappointed that we weren't the penny on the track that derailed the Manning Express.

I seem to recall something like this...

FRCDFED
01-09-2005, 04:14 PM
AHHHHHHH.................It's nice seeing someone taught humility! :clap:

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Not really. I didn't expect a win

:rolleyes:

morphius
01-09-2005, 04:18 PM
It was nice of the Denver Donk's to play their JV squad against the Colts after the Colts were nice enough to play their JV team to let them in the playoff's.

TRR
01-09-2005, 04:23 PM

So go post that on the Indy board...Why would you post that here?

Valiant
01-09-2005, 04:50 PM

Why dont you just pretend your team won so we can see the real taco john...This crap you are pulling in this thread is that... crap... Post like you knew you were going to win.. post like you said earlier that the donks were going to the superbowl... none of this ho-hum shit now that you lost.... quit being humbel and be the prick that we all know and dispise...

This facade does not suite you...

cdcox
01-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Glad you are comforted by the fact that your team is crappy. Cheers!

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Glad you are comforted by the fact that your team is crappy. Cheers!

It could be worse... I could be a fan of one of the other 24 teams that didn't advance. Sure, they proved nothing today, but they had a chance.

XXXshogunXXX
01-09-2005, 05:13 PM
bronco fans....good season. We'll see you next year.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, hopefully next season the AFC West will be a tough 3 team race... screw the Raiduhs.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:25 PM

And now your on a better board. I was over at the mane today and I can't believe the way they treat rival teams fans. It made me Thank God once again I am not a donkey fan.:harumph:

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
It could be worse... I could be a fan of one of the other 24 teams that didn't advance. Sure, they proved nothing today, but they had a chance.

That is where you go wrong,,the donkey's NEVER had a chance. :harumph:

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
That is where you go wrong,,the donkey's NEVER had a chance. :harumph:

You're so wise.

stevieray
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
It could be worse... I could be a fan of one of the other 24 teams that didn't advance.

You're above this, brad. Don't become taco.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
You're so wise.

ROFL It's about time you noticied. :harumph:

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 05:35 PM
I feel for you Broncos fans. It must be absolutely crushing to lose like that. It must feel like your heart was ripped out of your chest, stomped on, put back in, and then filled up with cholesterol. It must feel like being beaten with a baseball bat, and then a wiffle bat on the most bruised areas. It must feel like being given a swirlie in junior high, right before class pictures are taken. It must feel like...

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm dissapointed. The Colts obviously let up on them. We beat Denver 45-17 but Denver is obviously the better team because they are in the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
You're above this, brad. Don't become taco.

I see where you're going, but it's as if I'm supposed to feel bad that Denver advanced and listen to fans of a 7 win team tell me how bad my team played.

I have no issues with that ... I know where I'm at. Anything I say in reply is either "deflecting" or "don't be Taco". I can sling back smack even if my li'l 10 win team got slammed today.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I feel for you Broncos fans. It must be absolutely crushing to lose like that. It must feel like your heart was ripped out of your chest, stomped on, put back in, and then filled up with cholesterol. It must feel like being beaten with a baseball bat, and then a wiffle bat on the most bruised areas. It must feel like being given a swirlie in junior high, right before class pictures are taken. It must feel like...

Ah, I see that you've been there and remember the pain.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm dissapointed. The Colts obviously let up on them. We beat Denver 45-17 but Denver is obviously the better team because they are in the playoffs.

Hey, as Valiant pointed out... if it weren't for a few 'unlucky plays' in the Saints, Bucs, Texans, Panthers and two Chargers games... KC would have been in the post season. That's what he said, just a few unlucky breaks in 6 games.

Inspector
01-09-2005, 05:41 PM
You guys really should have played your starters just to make a real game of it.

That would have been better.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:43 PM
You guys really should have played your starters just to make a real game of it.

That would have been better.

Agreed.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:45 PM

oh gosh,,ROFL how do you know what I feel like when the chiefs lose. :hmmm:

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 05:45 PM
...getting bucked off a horse in the wilderness and then having a bear run out of the woods and maul you. It must be like winning a contest to ride the Challenger, and then entering the second minute of the flight. It must be like...

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:47 PM
...It must be like winning a contest to ride the Challenger, and then entering the second minute of the flight. ...

Hit the darkness music!

Is it like watching Grbac play instead of Gannon, losing to a wildcard team? :p

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 05:51 PM
No, that's a different kind of pain, I think.

...being thrown of a train wreck and landing immobilized on a hill of fire ants. It must feel like being Dustin Hoffman when that guy keeps asking him, "Is it safe?" It must feel like...

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 05:54 PM
No, that's a different kind of pain, I think.

...being thrown of a train wreck and landing immobilized on a hill of fire ants. It must feel like being Dustin Hoffman when that guy keeps asking him, "Is it safe?" It must feel like...

How do you know about fire ants? I thought they just loved us texans,,

Valiant
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Hey, as Valiant pointed out... if it weren't for a few 'unlucky plays' in the Saints, Bucs, Texans, Panthers and two Chargers games... KC would have been in the post season. That's what he said, just a few unlucky breaks in 6 games.

It was more to the point of bronco fans thinking they are a superior team to the chiefs this year...and the breaks/unfortante plays/mistakes being the difference of record...

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 05:59 PM
It was more to the point of bronco fans thinking they are a superior team to the chiefs this year...and the breaks/unfortante plays/mistakes being the difference of record...

I can't recall the word 'superior' ever being used... good enough to win 10 games vs 7, definitely. It's all for nothing now. And, I'm not backtracking ... in 2004, Denver was better than KC overall. Bottom line.

Both teams are focused on free agency and the draft.

chiefsfolife
01-09-2005, 06:04 PM
i would seriously be surprised if the donx won more than 6 games next year

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 06:05 PM
i would seriously be surprised if the donx won more than 6 games next year
ROFL Way too early for that shit...

Ok, enjoy the playoffs... I'm out. Time to make some dinner and accept the fact that for me, football is over until next year. Gotta go find the couch and watch the playoffs like the rest of ya.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 06:09 PM
...waking up from surgery to find out they've removed the wrong leg. It must feel like being in an airplane seat and having the stewardess smash the drink cart into your funny bone, and then do it again because she doesn't know what she hit. It must feel like...

(Oh, and chiefs4me...I lived in Austin for a couple of years.)

Inspector
01-09-2005, 06:10 PM
ROFL Way too early for that shit...

Ok, enjoy the playoffs... I'm out. Time to make some dinner and accept the fact that for me, football is over until next year. Gotta go find the couch and watch the playoffs like the rest of ya.

Yeah man, we saved you a place.

Can't wait for this offseason to be over.....

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 06:21 PM
I want the Steelers to win it all now. They were my team growing up. I don't want the Pats to get another one, and I'd like for King Manning to have his perfect year foiled.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 06:23 PM
I want the Steelers to win it all now. They were my team growing up. I don't want the Pats to get another one, and I'd like for King Manning to have his perfect year foiled.
I understand why bronco fans are bitter on Peyton now. But seriously, what has Manning done to earn such universal hatred? He works his ass off and earns every penny of his paycheck. The man works with each individual on his line and in his backfield on a one on one basis. He takes film home to study himself and his opponents.

What has he done to make people dislike him? Personally, on my job I want a Peyton-like individual to supervise - I know the job will be done right.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 06:24 PM
I know that rule, MHM. I never understood people who said that if they got knocked out, they wanted the team that knocked them out to win it all so they could say they lost to the champs. If the Chiefs lose a playoff game, I want their vanquishers to go down screaming in terror.

Valiant
01-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I understand why bronco fans are bitter on Peyton now. But seriously, what has Manning done to earn such universal hatred? He works his ass off and earns every penny of his paycheck. The man works with each individual on his line and in his backfield on a one on one basis. He takes film home to study himself and his opponents.

What has he done to make people dislike him? Personally, on my job I want a Peyton-like individual to supervise - I know the job will be done right.

not sure... i like peyton except when we play him.. his commercial is funny though..

cut that meat... cut that meat..

hey your on my fantasy team, your my favorite player... ROFL

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Russ ... I don't hate Manning. I like him and I love watching that offense. I hated the outcome today, but damn I love that offense.

I think Manning is phenomenal and a good guy.

That being said... it doesn't mean that my desire to see the Steelers win one is hatred towards Manning.

I loved the Steelers growing up, so they've always kinda been my second favorite NFL team. Tom Brady has done nothing to make me hate him, but I'd like to see the dynasty talk take a hit.

So, yes I'd love to have a Manning type of player on my team... if the Steelers weren't in it, I'd probably root for Indy.

If Indy advances to the Super Bowl, then hell yeah, I want them to destroy the NFC. Denver is my favorite team, but I still have a pecking order after that of a few teams.

2bikemike
01-09-2005, 06:39 PM

I want the Steelers to win it all too. I like Cowher and would like to see him win it. It also would make a helluva story for Rothlisberger.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 06:47 PM
We just faced a better team out there.
ROFL

If you'd have been playing the girl scouts you would have been playing a better team..... you friggen loser.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Main Entry: drama queen
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: any person who overreacts to a minor problem or situation or a fat boy Donk fan that posts threads on Chiefs boards conceding a major ass whipping by a Colts team.

Nzoner
01-09-2005, 08:04 PM
I can't recall the word 'superior' ever being used... good enough to win 10 games vs 7, definitely. It's all for nothing now. And, I'm not backtracking ... in 2004, Denver was better than KC overall. Bottom line.

10 wins vs 7 or not at least we can say we beat your asses 45 -17 AND we beat the Colts in the regular season AND only lost by 7 to them in the play-offs last year.

With the team we had that's more than good enough for me.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
nzoner... KC and Denver split the home games, that's fine with me.

LiL stumppy
01-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Hahahaha

Amnorix
01-09-2005, 08:31 PM

Both teams are focused on free agency and the draft.

Seriously, I don't think it's a 3 game difference between you two. It obviously was in 2004, and as Parcells always said "you are what you are", but I don't think the talent/coaching/etc. on these two teams represents a 3 game advantage for the Donx.

Because KC finished 1st in the AFC West last year, they got to play the Patriots (who were great against this year, and to whom they lost) and the Ravens (who they beat).

Denver finished 2nd in the AFC West last year and got Miami (who SUCKED this year and you barely squeaked by), and Cincy, a softer opponent who you beat.

You two split your games this year.

I would say that if both teams played the same schedule a hundred times against a range of opponents representing what represents roughly the average strength of the NFL, that KC would be an 8-8 team most years against that schedule, and Denver would be 9-7.

Note, that this applies to last year too. KC's talent and level of play would not have resulted in a 13-3 season under normal circumstances. Sometimes, the record is a bit misleading for whatever reason.

Saulbadguy
01-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Seriously, I don't think it's a 3 game difference between you two. It obviously was in 2004, and as Parcells always said "you are what you are", but I don't think the talent/coaching/etc. on these two teams represents a 3 game advantage for the Donx.

Because KC finished 1st in the AFC West last year, they got to play the Patriots (who were great against this year, and to whom they lost) and the Ravens (who they beat).

Denver finished 2nd in the AFC West last year and got Miami (who SUCKED this year and you barely squeaked by), and Cincy, a softer opponent who you beat.

You two split your games this year.

I would say that if both teams played the same schedule a hundred times against a range of opponents representing what represents roughly the average strength of the NFL, that KC would be an 8-8 team most years against that schedule, and Denver would be 9-7.

Note, that this applies to last year too. KC's talent and level of play would not have resulted in a 13-3 season under normal circumstances. Sometimes, the record is a bit misleading for whatever reason.

Denver lost to Cincinatti.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 08:40 PM
10 wins vs 7 or not at least we can say we beat your asses 45 -17 AND we beat the Colts in the regular season AND only lost by 7 to them in the play-offs last year.

With the team we had that's more than good enough for me.
9 wins and a gimme

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I want the Steelers too. I know Ben Rothlisberger's grandma you know.

Nzoner
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
9 wins and a gimme

As always Russ you're right again.

htismaqe
01-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I want the Steelers too. I know Ben Rothlisberger's grandma you know.

"Know" her?

Eeewwwwww....

:D

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
"Know" her?

Eeewwwwww....

In a biblical way

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 08:48 PM

If you were working with Peyton, chances are very good that he would be supervising you.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
"Know" her?

Eeewwwwww....

Not in the biblical sense you twit.

KCWolfman
If you were working with Peyton, chances are very good that he would be supervising you.
Good point, and currently I do.

My boss is a dick when you are wrong or unsure of processes, but he is damn good at his job and will carry all of us when necessary.

KCWolfman
Not in the biblical sense you twit.
Too late.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
And I also know Ben's mother's maiden name. I'll bet I can hack some of his accounts.

chiefs4me
01-09-2005, 08:58 PM
What a great weekend,, Marty choked once again and the donkey's lost. You hear that,,the donkey's lost. PBJ PBJ

ROFL

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Seriously, I don't think it's a 3 game difference between you two. It obviously was in 2004...

You didn't even need to type any more. :)

Russ, regarding the gimmee... don't be hatin' just b/c KC couldn't cash in their gimme. I know, that's deflecting.

Nzoner
01-09-2005, 09:16 PM

Russ, regarding the gimmee... don't be hatin' just b/c KC couldn't cash in their gimme. I know, that's deflecting.

at least our gimme was on the road

hey I gotta try

the Talking Can
01-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Jack Plummber = Steve Bono...a gay Steve Bono (like that beard fools anyone)

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 10:01 PM

Nope, you are right, we should have won. Nevermind that you had homefield advantage - IMO neither team deserved the playoffs. Regardless of what Boomer says, it is obvious that some teams do back in.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Nope, you are right, we should have won. Nevermind that you had homefield advantage - IMO neither team deserved the playoffs. Regardless of what Boomer says, it is obvious that some teams do back in.

Hey, even if it had been at Arrowhead... KC was no lock there this season. :p

The two teams that backed in (Jets, Vikings) won on the road.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey, even if it had been at Arrowhead... KC was no lock there this season. :p

The two teams that backed in (Jets, Vikings) won on the road.
You backed in by default. Had Peyton played the full game last week, we already know the outcome.

As far as the first topic, again, you are right. But when individuals are playing for jobs versus teams playing for goals, that is what you get.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2005, 10:08 PM
You backed in by default. Had Peyton played the full game last week, we already know the outcome.

As far as the first topic, again, you are right. But when individuals are playing for jobs versus teams playing for goals, that is what you get.

Backed in by default... whatever man, just like 2003... when Denver won at Indy. You don't know from week to week. Yes, you can say "odds are" all you like... fact is, you don't know.

Indy rested their players, Denver won. They didn't back in.

Mr. Christopher
01-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Backed in by default... whatever man, just like 2003... when Denver won at Indy. You don't know from week to week. Yes, you can say "odds are" all you like... fact is, you don't know.

Indy just has too many weapons on offense. Last year, they didn't seem to dominate like they do this year. I sense something from this Colts team this year something that was not there last year...a certain swagger or a cockiness about them. I don't think that they are all that intimidated by playing in New England. And with the way things are ticking right now in their receiving corps, the way NE's secondary is banged up, and with the enforcement of the five yard contact rule, I don't see any way that New England will stop the Colts this time around.

And to the Bronco fans, you can at least say you made it to the playoffs...

Nzoner
01-09-2005, 10:16 PM

Whichever,they sure as hell got knocked out though.

Mile High Mania
Indy has been a freaking amazing offense, that is for sure... they step on the throat, dance and then drop an elbow to the groin.

Mile High Mania
Whichever,they sure as hell got knocked out though.

Indeed.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 10:19 PM
John Lynch will step on the throat, spear you and then drop an elbow to the groin.

I fixed your post :p

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Captain Obvious, I presume? :p

Valiant
01-09-2005, 11:01 PM

hmm... seems to me indy wanted to face you all rather then buffalo and their defense agianst indy... Indy knew 99% they could beat you guys.. hell just match up to well agianst you and plummers ineffectiveness or shanarats, whoever...

indy wanted you all in thier matchup... they did not want to face a team that could actual run the ball like buffalo...

you got in only because indy wanted you in...

------

now its true you guys had your chance, but i 1 and a million odds were not very much in your favor.. even though you had a chance...

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:25 PM
hmm... seems to me indy wanted to face you all rather then buffalo and their defense agianst indy... Indy knew 99% they could beat you guys.. hell just match up to well agianst you and plummers ineffectiveness or shanarats, whoever...

indy wanted you all in thier matchup... they did not want to face a team that could actual run the ball like buffalo...

you got in only because indy wanted you in...

------

now its true you guys had your chance, but i 1 and a million odds were not very much in your favor.. even though you had a chance...

LOL...that's the most full of shit post I've read in weeks.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:27 PM

Too bad it's 100% true. :thumb:

ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:30 PM
Too bad it's 100% true. :thumb:

ROFL

How could it be true?

Buffalo was already knocked out before the Colts and Broncos kicked off...

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:33 PM
How could it be true?

Buffalo was already knocked out before the Colts and Broncos kicked off...

The Colts had already made up their minds about what to do PRIOR to the Buffalo loss; either way, they were HOPIN' to play Denver....they just stuck to their plan, after Buffalo lost.
:)

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:39 PM
The Colts had already made up their minds about what to do PRIOR to the Buffalo loss; either way, they were HOPIN' to play Denver....they just stuck to their plan, after Buffalo lost.
:)

Ohhh okay:thumb:.....lame assROFL

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:44 PM
Ohhh okay:thumb:.....lame assROFL

Lame? Perhaps. Doesn't make it less true though, eh? :p

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Lame? Perhaps. Doesn't make it less true though, eh? :p

Yeah it does make it less true....far from the truth.

KCWolfman
01-09-2005, 11:52 PM
It seems full of facts to me. Indy chose their opponent a week ago. They knew they could beat Plummer and crew more easily than anyone else out there. They chose in a game of one on one you because you were the 4 foot kid in 7th grade. It is just that simple.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:58 PM
It seems full of facts to me. Indy chose their opponent a week ago. They knew they could beat Plummer and crew more easily than anyone else out there. They chose in a game of one on one you because you were the 4 foot kid in 7th grade. It is just that simple.

LOL....I know for a fact that we let KC win the other week to hurt your draft order.

So you also think Indy tanked the game?

OldTownChief
01-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I rep Garcia Bronco for sticking around to take the lumps. So much more class than the thread (hit and run) starter.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
I rep Garcia Bronco for sticking around to take the lumps. So much more class than the thread (hit and run) starter.

Good point.

KCWolfman
01-10-2005, 12:18 AM
LOL....I know for a fact that we let KC win the other week to hurt your draft order.

So you also think Indy tanked the game?
No, I think they deliberately played their second string because they planned on Manning getting hurt in the playoffs and the rest of the team needs practice.

Dur

Fairplay
01-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Can you provide proof of that statement?

Over-Head
01-10-2005, 03:15 AM

I do love the spin multi toss anal penetrates like burrito boy put on things after they beat their chest all season screaming “were SB bound baby”…only to get squashed like we did in the SB a few years back ….
So nice seeing someone else get beat for a change :thumb: