PDA

View Full Version : Pound for pound, is KU the greatest team in college basketball history?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 06:36 PM
:D .................. sorry.................couldn't help myself...............

What a HUGE win on the road, against a quality team with as much tradition and history as KU has, without Wayne Simien, without Langford and Moody during the closing minutes!!!!!

Christian Moody is officially the greatest walk-on in college basketball history! Bill Self is the Man...and a half!

ROCK FUGGIN' CHALK HATERS!!!!!!

:thumb:

:KU:

PBJ PBJ PBJ

tk13
01-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Way to go KingPriest. Now you're going to get whipped by Valdosta State in the National Championship game. Great move.

ChiefsFire
01-09-2005, 06:40 PM
what a win in Rump.......

ole Billy Packer is very anti-KU....cant wait to here his call of the nat.title game......eat shat BP

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Yes

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Me and the little woman watched the game in the hot tub with plenty of cold beer. Other than having the Chiefs playing today, it couldn't have been a much better way to spend 3 hours.

I'm all pruney

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 06:44 PM
:D .................. sorry.................couldn't help myself...............

What a HUGE win on the road, against a quality team with as much tradition and history as KU has, without Wayne Simien, without Langford and Moody during the closing minutes!!!!!

Christian Moody is officially the greatest walk-on in college basketball history! Bill Self is the Man...and a half!

ROCK FUGGIN' CHALK HATERS!!!!!!

:thumb:

:KU:

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Great win without Dub, Vegas had the points right, just had the wrong team favored. Now maybe even they will start giving the Hawks their due!

Ari Chi3fs
01-09-2005, 06:48 PM
well, I would say the since Naismith coached here... and taught Phog Allen the game, who then coached Adolf Rump [UK] and Dean Smiff [UNC]... without KU... there is no basketball. so um, yeah.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 06:53 PM
well, I would say the since Naismith coached here... and taught Phog Allen the game, who then coached Adolf Rump [UK] and Dean Smiff [UNC]... without KU... there is no basketball. so um, yeah.
I'd say you're completely right. I get so sick of hearing people talk about the "great tradition" of places like North Carolina, Duke and Kentucky. Give me a friggen break. We invented traditon.

Roy Williams left KU for UNC because of the great tradition.... fug that. Roy Williams left KU for UNC because he is a spineless pawn of Dean Smith.

Bowser
01-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Just wait until Richmond gets ahold of you guys in the tourney.

:D

Ari Chi3fs
01-09-2005, 06:55 PM
i cant blame Roy... he grew up LOVING UNC... LOVING and admiring Smiff. I was just pissed that he said he would stay after the 2000 season then ate the UNC dick a couple years later. but Im glad we got Self. It owns.

ChiefsFire
01-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Self is da bomb with a cherry on top...

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 06:56 PM
I'd say you're completely right. I get so sick of hearing people talk about the "great tradition" of places like North Carolina, Duke and Kentucky. Give me a friggen break. We invented traditon.

Roy Williams left KU for UNC because of the great tradition.... fug that. Roy Williams left KU for UNC becasue he is a spineless pawn of Dean Smith.
We don't mention Benedict Roy around these parts, son. :cuss:

Why don't you give us a Lin Elliot update while yer at it?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 06:58 PM

my bad.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM

If you must mention him.........it's Huckleberry from Cackalackie.

Baby Lee
01-09-2005, 07:05 PM
my bad.
My blood pressure still rises when I think of that Cackalacky Motherfvcker.

tk13
01-09-2005, 07:05 PM
The game was invented in Kansas, but it was perfected... in Indiana.

:)

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 07:06 PM

ROFL

DJay23
01-09-2005, 07:06 PM
what a win in Rump.......

ole Billy Packer is very anti-KU....cant wait to here his call of the nat.title game......eat shat BP
Actually, I didn't find him to be quite as Hitler-esque in his hatred of the Jayhawks as he usually is. I wonder what his deal is? He probably wanted to play there when he was a lad and they told him he wasn't good enough.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM
The was invented in Kansas, but it was perfected... in Indiana.

That's it. You're banned.

DJay23
01-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Invented in Massachusetts

tk13
01-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Invented in Massachusetts
I know... I switched that saying around, usually it's supposed to be "invented in Massachusetts, perfected in Indiana", but since someone was saying without KU there would be no basketball, I had to sling it in that direction. :)

DJay23
01-09-2005, 07:10 PM
i cant blame Roy... he grew up LOVING UNC... LOVING and admiring Smiff. I was just pissed that he said he would stay after the 2000 season then ate the UNC dick a couple years later. but Im glad we got Self. It owns.
I have to agree. If I coached UNC for 15 years and suddenly KU came calling, I wouldn't have even hesitated the first time, I'd have been there in a second.

I really could care less about Roy, but his team looks strong this year.

DJay23
01-09-2005, 07:13 PM
I know... I switched that saying around, usually it's supposed to be "invented in Massachusetts, perfected in Indiana", but since someone was saying without KU there would be no basketball, I had to sling it in that direction. :)
Gotcha. I think KU can claim to be the cradle of college coaches. The inventor Naismith (who didn't believe basketball should be coached) to Allen, to Rupp and Smith, and on and on. Sure, there have been other successful coaching trees, but none are as big or as old.

Cochise
01-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for putting the jinx on.

tk13
01-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Gotcha. I think KU can claim to be the cradle of college coaches. The inventor Naismith (who didn't believe basketball should be coached) to Allen, to Rupp and Smith, and on and on. Sure, there have been other successful coaching trees, but none are as big or as old.
Yeah pretty much, I wouldn't disagree with that. Indiana was where John Wooden was born and raised... most people don't know he coached at Indiana State (the same one Larry Bird went to), that's the biggest one in our corner I'd say.... and obviously you could go on to Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird, etc.

ENDelt260
01-09-2005, 07:24 PM
That's it. You're banned.
Banned, hell. I'm trying to think of some manner of promotion to give him.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah pretty much, I wouldn't disagree with that. Indiana was where John Wooden was born and raised... most people don't know he coached at Indiana State (the same one Larry Bird went to), that's the biggest one in our corner I'd say.... and obviously you could go on to Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird, etc.
Chris Piper went to KU. That's all I need to know.

btw..Chris Piper is now one of my brothers' boss now....fwiw...

DJay23
01-09-2005, 07:27 PM
I lived in Terre Haute for a year when I was a kid.

The thing that pisses me off is that KU is 3rd all time (not far from Carolina for second) in wins, but only 2 national titles.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Banned, hell. I'm trying to think of some manner of promotion to give him.
Shouldn't you be too heavily intoxicated to post by now?

ENDelt260
01-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Shouldn't you be too heavily intoxicated to post by now?
I haven't had an alcoholic beverage all day.

Bowser
01-09-2005, 07:33 PM

I bet Taco can't say the same.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-09-2005, 07:34 PM
slacker.

ENDelt260
01-09-2005, 07:36 PM
slacker.
Indeed.

I haven't even left the house. I considered it earlier... but, then decided to just order a pizza. Now I have no reason to leave.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 07:39 PM

I don't think so. You might want to check Booby Knight's record against KU. I'd SOOO like for KU to get ahold of Indiana about now.

Ari Chi3fs
01-09-2005, 08:20 PM
i would like for nothing less than a final four matchup between KU and UNC... our seniors deserve to matchup with them... they SHOULD have been matched up last year, but Cackalacky bitch got his wish, the fookin crybaby pussy.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-10-2005, 08:19 AM
i would like for nothing less than a final four matchup between KU and UNC... our seniors deserve to matchup with them... they SHOULD have been matched up last year, but Cackalacky bitch got his wish, the fookin crybaby pussy.
That woulde be great. But if Benedict won....I'd have to kill him.

Baby Lee
01-10-2005, 08:36 AM
I'd like nothing better than UNC battling Mizzou in the NITs within the next 5 years. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-10-2005, 08:40 AM
I'd like nothing better than UNC battling Mizzou in the NITs within the next 5 years. Probably won't happen, but I can dream.
It'll never happen. God doesn't like me that much......

Lightning Rod
01-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I lived in Terre Haute for a year when I was a kid.

The thing that pisses me off is that KU is 3rd all time (not far from Carolina for second) in wins, but only 2 national titles.

Actually that is 2 NCAA titles plus 2 National titles before the Tourney.

ROYC75
01-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Actually that is 2 NCAA titles plus 2 National titles before the Tourney.

Agreed, Nobody wants to mention the Helms NBC games before the NCAA was formed ?

Make that 4 National Championships, period ! :thumb: