PDA

View Full Version : Colts answer to Lynch

redbrian
01-09-2005, 06:58 PM
How many records did the Colts set today besides the passing record?
Lynch really had the fear of god in them didn’t he?

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 07:13 PM
I could tell that they were catching the ball and then just diving for the ground. Of course, they were usually in the end zone at the time, so I guess it didn't matter.

redbrian
01-09-2005, 07:15 PM
I could tell that they were catching the ball and then just diving for the ground. Of course, they were usually in the end zone at the time, so I guess it didn't matter.

You know I saw a couple of Colts recivers dive for the ground........about 20 yards from where they caught the ball.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-09-2005, 07:17 PM
John Lynch wishes he could hit like William Bartee.

DanT
01-09-2005, 07:21 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
01-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Man theres nothing better than dancing on the Donkey's grave is there. Rep.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 08:26 PM
It's intoxicating, and it doesn't leave a hangover.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:30 PM
In Lynch's defense, the colts didn't go over the middle at all. The one time they did, Clark got plastered again and went to the sideline fuzzy. All Wayne did today was run 10 yard outs and hooks. It wasn't really that hard to beat up on an undrafted rookie free agent. God Coyer is a dumbass.

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Let me offer a welcome to Sideburn, our new emissary from the barbarian lands.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Let me offer a welcome to Sideburn, our new emissary from the barbarian lands.
Atleast we can spend a long offseason together. Atleast the Chargers blew a gift from Barton. That will keep the city of Denver off of suicide watch until next year.

tk13
01-09-2005, 08:36 PM
In Lynch's defense, the colts didn't go over the middle at all. The one time they did, Clark got plastered again and went to the sideline fuzzy. All Wayne did today was run 10 yard outs and hooks. It wasn't really that hard to beat up on an undrafted rookie free agent. God Coyer is a dumbass.
No need to go over the middle when you can just go vertical down the field at will...

stevieray
01-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Didn't Clark have a TD?

My fav was watching Rhodes out run Lynch and Bailey to the corner.

Oh wait, MH's block on Bailey was awesome.

I seriously think that Invesco arrogance loses these games. They just "convince" themselves they are better, then don't produce when it counts.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:41 PM
No need to go over the middle when you can just go vertical down the field at will...
touche'

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
Didn't Clark have a TD?

My fav was watching Rhodes out run Lynch and Bailey to the corner.

Oh wait, MH's block on Bailey was awesome.

I seriously think that Invesco arrogance loses these games. They just beleive they are better, then don't produce when it counts.
Indeed, I believe it was the third score of the game.

I believe my favorite was screen. Somehow, Coyer finally calls a blitz, send 8 guys, and the colts have 4 guys running down the field as a moving wall for Roc Alexander to try and get through. Perfect play call.

tk13
01-09-2005, 08:48 PM

I believe my favorite was screen. Somehow, Coyer finally calls a blitz, send 8 guys, and the colts have 4 guys running down the field as a moving wall for Roc Alexander to try and get through. Perfect play call.
That's Peyton Manning, he figures all that stuff out, he knows exactly what you're doing. There's a reason the Chiefs couldn't force him to punt once in the playoffs last year, he knew EVERYTHING we did and adjusted accordingly, and Greg Robinson of course bent over and took it right up the pipe...

Rain Man
01-09-2005, 08:49 PM

Without meaning to grind salt into your wounds, that was indeed an impressively executed play. I was astounded that he had a wedge like that.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
That's Peyton Manning, he figures all that stuff out, he knows exactly what you're doing. There's a reason the Chiefs couldn't force him to punt once in the playoffs last year, he knew EVERYTHING we did and adjusted accordingly, and Greg Robinson of course bent over and took it right up the pipe...
GRob was good at doing that. The 3-4 really hurts Manning since he can't tell where the rush is coming from. The 4-3 is so predictable, plus Coyer never changes up from a cover 2.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Without meaning to grind salt into your wounds, that was indeed an impressively executed play. I was astounded that he had a wedge like that.
Nah, I'm over the loss. It was expected. I thought the team would show a little fire and backbone to keep it within the spread. I was wrong.

It was a well executed play. If you have kids, and you want to show them what a true bubble screen looks like. Throw that play on a tape and show them...it was perfect.

stevieray
01-09-2005, 08:55 PM
BTW, welcome Sideburn.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 08:58 PM
BTW, welcome Sideburn.
Thank you, thank you. I've lurked for awhile, you guys are too mean to come here green. I had to go to BB finishing school to toughen up before I started posting often.

Skip Towne
01-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Nah, I'm over the loss. It was expected. I thought the team would show a little fire and backbone to keep it within the spread. I was wrong.

It was a well executed play. If you have kids, and you want to show them what a true bubble screen looks like. Throw that play on a tape and show them...it was perfect.
That was the best screen I've ever seen. Considering I'm 59 and have seen several thousand of them that is saying something. I sorta felt sorry for that one DB by himself, No. 45 I think, with 4 big linemen wanting to kill him. He just turned his back and ran away. Exactly what I would have done.

Sideburn
01-09-2005, 09:13 PM
That was the best screen I've ever seen. Considering I'm 59 and have seen several thousand of them that is saying something. I sorta felt sorry for that one DB by himself, No. 45 I think, with 4 big linemen wanting to kill him. He just turned his back and ran away. Exactly what I would have done.
Yeah, Alexander was in way over his head the entire game. Not only did he have the moving wall coming at him on that play, but he was put up against Wayne in his first real start. The kid has speed, but is nothing more than a servicable nickle back and kick returner, (He has 3 td's for me on kick returns this year in Madden)