PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Shanahan is an idiot!

brent102fire
01-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Today's game is a classic example of why you don't trade a starting RB like Portis for a CB like Bailey. Bailey got toasted repeatedly today and was not a factor at all against the Colts. Way to go Shanarat

:loser: ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:15 PM
No he didn't....Roc Alexander was the one that got abused today.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:17 PM
No, no...not Mike. :shake:

:thumb:

Taco John
01-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Bailey got toasted repeatedly today and was not a factor at all against the Colts.

What game did you watch. Manning didn't hardly throw to Bailey's side all day long.

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:21 PM
What game did you watch. Manning didn't hardly throw to Bailey's side all day long.

BULLSHIT.... ROFL

Taco John
01-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Actually, it's not.

HemiEd
01-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Actually, it's not.

That still does not change the fact that Shanahan is an idiot

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Actually, it's not.

R U kidding me, I can remember at LEAST 5 or 6 passes without pulling out the Tivo....seriously. ROFL

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:31 PM

But..but...but ...I thought that Bailey would make everyone else on defense better? At least that 's what Taco was spewing... ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Bailey didn't get too many passes thrown his way, and the ones he did, they got completed because he was playing off. They repeatedly went after Roc, because most would. Manning and the offense were taking what the defense gave them, you could see with the consecutive throws to Wayne on one drive, when Roc was playing off, and they pretty much did that the whole game. The only two throws downfield farther than 40 yards one was complete, one wasn't.

I love watching Manning run that offense, though, he's so calm.

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Bailey didn't get too many passes thrown his way, and the ones he did, they got completed because he was playing off. They repeatedly went after Roc, because most would. Manning and the offense were taking what the defense gave them, you could see with the consecutive throws to Wayne on one drive, when Roc was playing off, and they pretty much did that the whole game. The only two throws downfield farther than 40 yards one was complete, one wasn't.

Well on that screen pass, someone sure went after Bailey and put him on his overrated A$$! ROFL

go bowe
01-09-2005, 11:33 PM

I love watching Manning run that offense, though, he's so calm.traitor! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:34 PM

He does work it. No doubt...no doubt.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Well on that screen pass, someone sure went after Bailey and put him on his overrated A$$! ROFL

Harrison blocked him into the end zone....he did get bitched...but to call trade or the coach out for that is gay.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 11:37 PM
Manning and the offense were taking what the defense gave them

heh, yeah a 5 TD career day for most QB's in the 1st half.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 11:37 PM
traitor! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

LOL, well, I do. It's awesome to see. Dude calls his own plays and everything. That's his team, not Dungy's, it seems sometimes.

go bowe
01-09-2005, 11:40 PM
LOL, well, I do. It's awesome to see. Dude calls his own plays and everything. That's his team, not Dungy's, it seems sometimes.well, i'll cut you some slack this time because manning was beating up on the dreaded dastardly donkos...

but be warned!! :Poke: :Poke: :Poke:

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Harrison blocked him into the end zone....he did get bitched...but to call trade or the coach out for that is gay.

Yep. Champ should ask Lynch if that would that be the same "soft" Marvin Harrison? :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 11:41 PM
heh, yeah a 5 TD career day for most QB's in the 1st half.

LOL, as bad as it sounds, that's what the defense gave them. They didn't play a very good game, obviously. They just had too many weapons, and couldn't account for all of them...Manning and the offense took what the D left unaccounted for.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Yep. Champ should ask Lynch if that would that be the same "soft" Marvin Harrison? :hmmm:Oh and another thing....nobody ever said "soft".

Kennedy said they don't like being physical...now why on earth did he say that and come out and not be physical at all is a mystery. Might have something to do with the league calling out our saftey's before the game in a written letter.

OldTownChief
01-09-2005, 11:44 PM
LOL, as bad as it sounds, that's what the defense gave them. They didn't play a very good game, obviously. They just had too many weapons, and couldn't account for all of them...Manning and the offense took what the D left unaccounted for.

I hear ya but the only thing I saw the Donks account for was Indy's field goal and punting units. Damn Donks kept them off the field all day. :p

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 11:45 PM
What I think the Broncos should do (if they don't already) is do what the 49ers/Cowboys used to do when they had Deion. Let Champ do what he wants, and tell the other's on D to run this or that scheme. I remember seeing Deion not go to the D huddle most times because he just had one job...COVER HIS ASS. Maybe the Broncos already do that, but I don't pay much attention to them (except when facing the Chiefs or on National TV), obviously being a Chiefs fan.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:46 PM
What I think the Broncos should do (if they don't already) is do what the 49ers/Cowboys used to do when they had Deion. Let Champ do what he wants, and tell the other's on D to run this or that scheme. I remember seeing Deion not go to the D huddle most times because he just had one job...COVER HIS ASS. Maybe the Broncos already do that, but I don't pay much attention to them, obviously being a Chiefs fan.

They don't.

go bowe
01-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I hear ya but the only thing I saw the Donks account for was Indy's field goal and punting units. Damn Donks kept them off the field all day. :pROFL ROFL ROFL

yeah, damned donks, anyway... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:47 PM
I hear ya but the only thing I saw the Donks account for was Indy's field goal and punting units. Damn Donks kept them off the field all day. :p

We made them punt.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2005, 11:51 PM
They don't.

Oh. Hmm...maybe they should? I don't know, just throwing that out there. :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
01-09-2005, 11:51 PM
We made them punt.

Yeah. So? :cuss:

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Oh and another thing....nobody ever said "soft".

Kennedy said they don't like being physical...now why on earth did he say that and come out and not be physical at all is a mystery. Might have something to do with the league calling out our saftey's before the game in a written letter.

In my mind if players don't like being physical it means they're soft. I'm sure the Colts WR's took it the same way. If Denver's Saftety's played clean, there would be no need for any letter, right? :hmmm: They brought it all on themselves and got what they deserved.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Oh. Hmm...maybe they should? I don't know, just throwing that out there. :hmmm:

The need a pass rush...just a pass rush...and interior o-line...and we could get over many humps....oh well....maybe next year.

Garcia Bronco
01-09-2005, 11:56 PM
In my mind if players don't like being physical it means they're soft. I'm sure the Colts WR's took it the same way. If Denver's Saftety's played clean, there would be no need for any letter, right? :hmmm: They brought it all on themselves and got what they deserved.

No they don't play dirty and the league shouldn't have written the letter stating what it said. Having said that....it is true that we all get what we deserve.:p

TEX
01-09-2005, 11:58 PM
The need a pass rush...just a pass rush...and interior o-line...and we could get over many humps....oh well....maybe next year.

Um...didn't you guys choose not to re-sign Bert Berry? Didn't he lead your D-line in sacks last season? Isn't he in the Pro Bowl now? I questioned that one form the start. Even went a few rounds on the subject with some of your "friends." Shoot, I was hoping that we would have signed him. ..oh well....

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Um...didn't you guys choose not to re-sign Bert Berry? Didn't he lead your D-line in sacks last season? Isn't he in the Pro Bowl now? I questioned that one form the start. Even went a few rounds on the subject with some of your "friends." Shoot, I was hoping that we would have signed him. ..oh well....

He got most of his sacks this year in two games...4 came against Kurt Warner and the Giants.

We would have liked to keep everybody...but sometime people can't be kept...like John Tait

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Well, Trevor Pryce is half your pass rush and it didn't help that he was injured... What's wrong with him, anyway? Long term?

And the Colts offensive line is under-rated, they make a lot of Dlines look bad. That offense is a freakin' machine. The Chiefs and the Colts are the top two offenses in the league, IMO, the Colts being number one, because they have more threats, but the Chiefs are still effective with crap at WR and great TE and good RB, but not as good as the Colts O, IMO.

TEX
01-10-2005, 12:02 AM
No they don't play dirty and the league shouldn't have written the letter stating what it said. Having said that....it is true that we all get what we deserve.:p

Well their type of play sure is seen as dirty most everywhere outside of Denver. And if the big shots at the NFL see it that way then they're free to write any letter they wish. Just because someon'e lawyer expresses his opinion and demands a retractment makes no difference.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Well, Trevor Pryce is half your pass rush and it didn't help that he was injured... What's wrong with him, anyway? Long term?

And the Colts offensive line is under-rated, they make a lot of Dlines look bad. That offense is a freakin' machine. The Chiefs and the Colts are the top two offenses in the league, IMO, the Colts being number one, because they have more threats, but the Chiefs are still effective with crap at WR and great TE and good RB, but not as good as the Colts O, IMO.

Back problems...he''s been gone since week 2.

You guys just need another receiver...and on defense....with the way the NFL is going with defenses and rules....yours will do fine with all the changes you can make in an off-season. West could be real tight next year with three teams.

go bowe
01-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Well their type of play sure is seen as dirty most everywhere outside of Denver. And if the big shots at the NFL see it that way then they're free to write any letter they wish. Just because someon'e lawyer expresses his opinion and demands a retractment makes no difference.what? lawyers don't make any difference?

sounds about right... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Well their type of play sure is seen as dirty most everywhere outside of Denver. And if the big shots at the NFL see it that way then they're free to write any letter they wish. Just because someon'e lawyer expresses his opinion and demands a retractment makes no difference.

We'll see come the next CBA..

I didn't need to read the letter from Lynch's attorney to come to the same conclusion...I don't take my cues from sports media....they're no more qualified than me when it comes to sports.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:09 AM

You guys just need another receiver...and on defense....with the way the NFL is going with defenses and rules....yours will do fine with all the changes you can make in an off-season. West could be real tight next year with three teams.

I think the Chargers fall back to crap. They aren't mentally prepared for Marty's disappointing ways and aren't used to it like we are, so that loss yesterday will have a elonging effect on them (hopefully lol).

two team race, Chiefs and Broncos next year, with the Chiefs winning the division...

Chiefs 15-1
Broncos 9-7

Just barely missing out on the AFC West title for you guys :p ;)

TEX
01-10-2005, 12:11 AM
He got most of his sacks this year in two games...4 came against Kurt Warner and the Giants.

We would have liked to keep everybody...but sometime people can't be kept...like John Tait

I was talking about last year when I asked if he led your team in sacks. Berry's contract was not outrageous like the one that the Bears offered Tait. But I do understand that sometimes everyone can't be kept. I thought that the Broncos made no real effort to re-sign the guy?

Garcia Bronco
I think the Chargers fall back to crap. They aren't mentally prepared for Marty's disappointing ways and aren't used to it like we are, so that loss yesterday will have a elonging effect on them (hopefully lol).

two team race, Chiefs and Broncos next year, with the Chiefs winning the division...

Chiefs 15-1
Broncos 9-7

Cody....I think you're setting yourself up for a slight disappointment

OldTownChief

Chiefs 15-1
Broncos 9-7

Damn Ed! Why not go out on a limb?

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:12 AM
I was talking about last year when I asked if he led your team in sacks. Berry's contract was not outrageous like the one that the Bears offered Tait. But I do understand that sometimes everyone can't be kept. I thought that the Broncos made no real effort to re-sign the guy?

We did...just couldn't afford his asking price.

go bowe

Chiefs 15-1
Broncos 9-7

Just barely missing out on the AFC West title for you guys :p ;)only 15-1?

you're not a true fan... :shake: :shake: :shake:

Chiefs Pantalones

And BTW, I agree, we should be fine next year on D with the moves I think we'll make with what's been going on with the rules and stuff. You can certainly tell the league wants an all offense no D league by the rule touch ups.

TEX
We'll see come the next CBA..

I didn't need to read the letter from Lynch's attorney to come to the same conclusion...I don't take my cues from sports media....they're no more qualified than me when it comes to sports.

Fair enough. It's your opinion that the letter shouldn't have been sent. However, it's the league's opinion (and mine FWIW) that it should have. So...

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Fair enough. It's your opinion that the letter shouldn't have been sent. However, it's the league's opinion (and mine FWIW) that it should have. So...

Well I thought it was a clean hit and a bad review by the ref...but whatever .

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:15 AM

Yeah, you're right.

My heart is telling me 15-1, but my mind tells me 14-2. :) LOL

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2005, 12:16 AM

Like TJ? :hmmm: ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:18 AM
And BTW, I agree, we should be fine next year on D with the moves I think we'll make with what's been going on with the rules and stuff. You can certainly tell the league wants an all offense no D league by the rule touch ups.

Sarcasm in that post, btw. We need a lot of work on D.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:19 AM
only 15-1?

you're not a true fan... :shake: :shake: :shake:

ROFL :thumb:

TEX
01-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Well I thought it was a clean hit and a bad review by the ref...but whatever .

I think it was just one of several questionable hits made by the Broncos Safety's over the years. The more that stuff keeps happening, the more the league will watch. Much the same way the league watches your O-Line. Maybe they'll write a letter next year regarding that as well...They already wrote them two letters regarding salary cap violations so you never know... :p (Sorry, I had to go there)

KCWolfman
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
I think it was just one of several questionable hits made by the Broncos Safety's over the years. The more that stuff keeps happening, the more the league will watch. Much the same way the league watches your O-Line. Maybe they'll write a letter next year regarding that as well...They already wrote them two letters regarding salary cap violations so you never know... :p (Sorry, I had to go there)
It sucks when you aren't winning in the playoffs - they actually call that stuff and fine the guys.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Damn Ed! Why not go out on a limb?

I see big things for this team next year. If a couple bounces go our way, we'll go 19-0. But for right now...a couple wins...like 15 or 14. Super Bowl victory, stuff like that... :thumb:

KCWolfman
01-10-2005, 12:23 AM
I see big things for this team next year. If a couple bounces go our way, we'll go 19-0. But for right now...a couple wins...like 15 or 14. Super Bowl victory, stuff like that... :thumb:
Is this a copy and paste from last year?

ChiefsFanatic
01-10-2005, 12:25 AM

Well, what do you call it when Harrison blocked Chump three yards backwards on his ass during the Wayne screen pass touchdown?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Is this a copy and paste from last year?

I'm more positive about this year. I think we make the moves we need to make, and we get over the hump. Everyone will be upset by winning only 14 or 15 games, but it's ok, because a Super Bowl victory will be waiting about a month after regular season. ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Well, what do you call it when Harrison blocked Chump three yards backwards on his ass during the Wayne screen pass touchdown?

see post 14

royr17
01-10-2005, 04:51 AM

Thats a LIE, what about all the helmet to helmet hits that Kennedy has made in his career. If he didnt like being physical why would he do that ???

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Today's game is a classic example of why you don't trade a starting RB like Portis for a CB like Bailey. Bailey got toasted repeatedly today and was not a factor at all against the Colts. Way to go Shanarat

:loser: ROFL

I haven't read the whole thread, but two questions:

1- How was this different from 2003 with Portis?

2- Did Bailey not do his job on Harrison?

2a- Are you confusing Bailey with Roc Alexander?

InChiefsHell
01-10-2005, 07:45 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL While watching the slaughter yesterday, it occurred to me that some interesting excuses would be offered by Donk fans the world over...I never saw that one coming!! :clap:

I just love the fact that y'all wanted to go to the dance, but you never even left the parking lot...hell, you never even got out of the car...

The Donks had no earthly business playing in that game anyway. The only reason the Donks played in that game yesterday was because the Colts were pulling punches last week. If the Colts hadn't played their JV squad last week, y'all would have been sitting on the couch with the rest of us, where you actually belonged. So, welcome to the couch. We saved you a spot...

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Check out my magnum opus at the mane:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=21507

Alton deFlat
01-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I like some of these comments on ESPN.com

In the first halves of the Colts' last two playoff victories over Denver -- they led 35-3 at the half Sunday after building a 31-3 halftime lead a year ago -- Manning hit 37 of 45 attempts for 687 yards, with seven touchdown passes, one interception, and a mind-boggling 150.1 quarterback rating. The way the Broncos played in the first halves of the two losses could force NFL officials to consider a mercy rule.

On the Colts' opening offensive snap, Manning threw to Wayne on the left sideline. Wayne very obviously lowered his right shoulder and knocked Denver cornerback Kelly Herndon three yards backward. Maybe Herdnon was waiting for Wayne to pull out his purse and smack him; he got a mouthful of shoulder instead.

Even when it trailed by three or more touchdowns, Denver never seemed overly concerned. The Broncos continued to huddle, rarely went to any kind of spread look, never forsook the run. In essence, they changed very little on either side of the ball and, with a sixth consecutive season without a playoff win now, one has to wonder how much longer coach Mike Shanahan will retain the "Mastermind" nickname he has embraced.

Indeed, if Shanahan is a mastermind, that must make Manning and Dungy co-presidents of Mensa.

ROFL

Lzen
01-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Bailey had 6 tackles and 1 assist according to this link that I was directed to from NFL.com.

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20050109_DEN@IND

Note that it shows 0 passes defensed and 0 interceptions.

InChiefsHell
01-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Bailey had 6 tackles and 1 assist according to this link that I was directed to from NFL.com.

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20050109_DEN@IND

Note that it shows 0 passes defensed and 0 interceptions.

But...but...Chump is da MAN!!! :deevee:

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
But...but...Chump is da MAN!!! :deevee:

He had Harrison covered pretty well and Manning had 17 other optoins.

InChiefsHell
01-10-2005, 11:06 AM
He had Harrison covered pretty well and Manning had 17 other optoins.

This is true, but I think it proves that CB was not the only thing that needed fixing, and that he can't do it all. Hell, he got burned noteably alot this season, maybe because of the spotlight who knows. He did get burned yesterday a couple of times, and never got close to the ball when it was thrown his way.

Chump = pretty average CB...

CHIEF4EVER
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to offer my heartfelt congratulations to the Colts for the second consecutive playoff azzwhippin of the Cheatin Donks. This one was so epic and devastating that it will surprise me if Shanarat isn't run out of town on a rail ala Chokeland within a few days. Once again he has proven that without Ol Horseface, he isn't capable of doing squat. WHAT AN AZZWHIPPIN!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have happened to a nicer team. :p

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:13 AM
I've never said he had a good season... he can't do it all, hence my focus on the lack of a solid pass rush. Champ isn't an average CB, he's one of the better CBs... but, it didn't look like it in 2004.