PDA

View Full Version : ROY WILLIAMS DIDN'T WATCH GAME

royr17
01-10-2005, 05:54 AM
There are four GREAT pieces on the KU-UK clash in the Lexington Herald Leader. A story about Self (Self-Esteem Runs High At Kansas), ol' Roy (Roy Williams Won't Watch Team He Created), Christian Moody and Sponge-Bob Square Pants (Walk-on Walks the Walk After Bungling Beginning) and one headlined "Rock Chalk."

Check em out. (You must click on WILDCATS on the left hand column to see them):

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/college/university_of_kentucky/

"Those Places (UNC, UCLA) Are Great, But There's No Place Like Kansas"--Larry Brown to Bill Self.

royr17
01-10-2005, 05:55 AM
ROI: "I'm not trying to be corny, but I really have a hard time watching the Kansas kids play," he said. "It hurts so much when they don't do well."

Hey ROY if it really hurts that bad then you shouldn't of left KU in the 1st place. Im glad you did cause we have a far better coach then your ass.

See you in the Championship game ROY I hope and beat that ass down on your team.

DaWolf
01-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Roy's got a good team in NC and I'm sure they'll end up with a terrific year. I don't spend much time thinking about him though.

It was nice to see the guys put forth such an effort though. It was ugly but it's nice to win ugly too. The team is pretty banged up though, and after getting so "jacked" for this game I hope they don't suffer a letdown @ Iowa State. Might be without Langford and Dub.

Very impressive victory. I just hope this team is healthy by the time the tourney rolls around...

Skip Towne
01-10-2005, 06:27 AM
Good articles.

Dartgod
01-10-2005, 07:34 AM
This is dumb. Why would he watch?

Lzen
01-10-2005, 10:04 AM
This is dumb. Why would he watch?

Well, most of the KU team is full of guys Roy recruited. Plus, he spent 2 years coaching Miles, Langford, Simien, and Lee. It's not just a business. There are personal relationships that develop. And Roy's team was not playing on Sunday. Aw well, no big deal to me. I could care less. I loved what Roy did for Kansas basketball but now he's coaching the Tarheels so I could care less what he does.

Cochise
01-10-2005, 10:09 AM
I always respected him and still do. He's a great basketball coach and I don't really think it's too fair for KU fans to hate him so much now that he's gone.

I mean, WTF did Roy ever do to you? Come in to pick up a team coming under NCAA sanctions and lead them to what, 15 years of near complete success? Got you in the tournament 14 times in a row? Put you in the Final Four 4 times and the national championship twice? Won the conference 9 years out of 15?

What a dick.

Lzen
01-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Yeah, the lie stung a little at first. But I've gotten over that. I appreciate everything that Roy gave us KU fans. But I still can't root for the Tarheels.

Dartgod
01-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, most of the KU team is full of guys Roy recruited. Plus, he spent 2 years coaching Miles, Langford, Simien, and Lee. It's not just a business. There are personal relationships that develop. And Roy's team was not playing on Sunday. Aw well, no big deal to me. I could care less. I loved what Roy did for Kansas basketball but now he's coaching the Tarheels so I could care less what he does.
I know. I'm just poking fun at the thread starter.

"ROY WILLIAMS DIDN'T WATCH GAME"

All caps. How DARE he not watch!

It just seemed a bit overblown, that is all.

jspchief
01-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey ROY if it really hurts that bad then you shouldn't of left KU in the 1st place. Im glad you did cause we have a far better coach then your ass.

Sour grapes anyone? Bill Self has a long way to go to to be compared to Roy Williams, and I wouldn't be in a big hurry to face the Tar Heels right now if I were you.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Roy Williams?

The Cowboy safety, or Lion receiver? :hmmm:

Soupnazi
01-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Who cares?

I'm pretty sure that Roy's got enough on his plate with being a head coach at a top tier program that he may not necessarily have enough time to watch all the KU games.

Would you be pissed to find out that Marty wasn't watching every Chiefs game?

Still not understanding the big "anger" boner some KU fans have for Roy.

Cochise
01-10-2005, 10:48 AM

ROFL that is what got me to click on the thread. The complete outrage that a former coach didn't see one of his old team's games.

Larry Brown had damn well better have watched too! And I hope Bobby Ross was watching the Chargers game on Saturday! And Don Coryell too damnit! What a bunch of jerks!

purplelights300
01-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Apparently Bill Self is in no big hurry to face the team he recruited in Illinois either.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Apparently Bill Self is in no big hurry to face the team he recruited in Illinois either.

And neither is anyone else...so?

Bearcat
01-10-2005, 11:42 AM
...and I wouldn't be in a big hurry to face the Tar Heels right now if I were you.

I'd really like to see them in March. Last year, when KU was losing the Richmond and ISU, I was really skeptical about everything Self was doing.... saying he wanted to run, and then not running, and then saying he "hasn't told the team to not run".

This year, though, the Big 10+1 style is growing on me, because I never would have expected a Roy Williams team to shoot as badly as they did against UK and win, or come back from 16 against GTech to win.

I've always believed that defense wins championships, but at the same time, I loved the entertainment value of Roy's teams (and still do... see: Maryland/UNC last Saturday). Now that both teams have bought into their new coaches, I'd like to see who would come out on top when it really matters.

Brock
01-10-2005, 11:44 AM
WHO GIVES A SHIT

Lzen
01-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Apparently, most of us don't really give a rat's ass whether Roy Williams watches Kansas basketball games. If I'm not mistaken, the article came from a Kentucky paper. Have no idea WTF Roy Williams has to do with a KU/UK game. Apparently, they don't keep up to date with their news around there...see Wizard of Oz. :rolleyes:

Lzen
01-10-2005, 12:46 PM

It just seemed a bit overblown, that is all.

Heh heh. I think the caps thing is an age related deal.
:hmmm: Same as when they use a 3 for and E. T3h suck.

OldTownChief
01-10-2005, 02:08 PM
This thread is stupid.

Cochise
01-10-2005, 02:09 PM
This thread is stupid.

Along with the other 30

Ari Chi3fs
01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
im pretty sure that he took a glimpse or two at the game...

Ari Chi3fs
01-10-2005, 02:58 PM
btw ROYR17... your sig is incorrect, KU was 3-19 against UK ... 0-7 in Lexington... until yesterday. UK has dominated KU... get your facts straight, HOMER.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2005, 04:32 PM
btw ROYR17... your sig is incorrect, KU was 3-19 against UK ... 0-7 in Lexington... until yesterday. UK has dominated KU... get your facts straight, HOMER.

2 meetings at RUPP..... :p

Cochise
01-10-2005, 04:39 PM
OMG ROY STILL HASN'T WATCHED, HOW DARE HE! SOMEONE GET HIM A TIVO RIGHT NOW!

Ari Chi3fs
01-10-2005, 05:24 PM
2 meetings at RUPP..... :p

yee haw... we are now 1-7 in Lexington...

ArrowheadHawk
01-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I dont care if he watched or not all that matters right now is 11-0