PDA

View Full Version : any one ever blown out a knee?

marcus
01-10-2005, 07:53 AM
Yesterday I was pushing kids sleding and my knee bent inward and made a noise like clothes ripping. Is that bad, can I just walk this off for a few days ordo I need to go to a doctor. It is very stiff today and hurts when twisted inward.

marcus

gettin' old sucks

MichaelH
01-10-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm not a doctor but if a heard a clothes ripping noise coming from my knee area and it's not my pants, I'd be a bit worried. It sounds like something might have been torn.

Mr. Kotter
01-10-2005, 08:00 AM
I haven't personally, but as a coach I've seen plenty....you need to have someone take a look at it, unless things improve quickly.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 08:07 AM
As you get older, it's never a bad thing to have the doctor check it out.

MOhillbilly
01-10-2005, 08:18 AM
yup,and broke my leg at the same time. Mine didnt rip but i sure heard the crack.

Bob Dole
01-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Walk it off and stop being a pussy.

Coach
01-10-2005, 08:31 AM

:LOL:

No, if you feel that you "popped" something on your knee, and hear or feel a tear, then most likely you may have torn something, or at least sprained something. I would recommend you to check it out ASAP.

Bob Dole
01-10-2005, 08:34 AM
:LOL:

No, if you feel that you "popped" something on your knee, and hear or feel a tear, then most likely you may have torn something, or at least sprained something. I would recommend you to check it out ASAP.

If the damned thing still works, you're just wasting money that could be spent on beer or AV equipment.

You whiny little girly-men need to get your ****ing priorities straight.

Radar Chief
01-10-2005, 08:39 AM

Yea, “rub some dirt on it and get back out there.”

Phobia
01-10-2005, 09:15 AM
This happened to me when I was playing sand volleyball a couple years ago. My partner fell on my knee and I felt a pop. I wanted to take the safe road and get it checked out, but we were breezing through the winners bracket. I kept playing but reduced my mobility and jumping at the net. We won the tournament and I couldn't walk later that night.

I kept ice on it for 2 days and was as good as new after that. I still don't know what happened.

Iowanian
01-10-2005, 09:29 AM
When I tore my knee up, it was a loud Pop...and it Felt like something Popped.........that and an intense Burn and pain.

I thought I'd broken my leg for a minute.

Is it "Stable"?
You should probably get it looked at.

ROYC75
01-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Sounds like you have a loose knee, hyper-extended it ? If you have no insurance .....Ice it down,Brace it and take a large dose ( 4 tablets )daily of Glucosamine-Chondroitin for 2 weeks, if you don't feel up to par, have it checked out.

gblowfish
01-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I've got a big bottle of Vioxx I'd be happy to send you...

seclark
01-10-2005, 09:36 AM
yes...it hurt.
surgery hurt.
rehab hurt.
on cold days, it hurts.
sec

Iowanian
01-10-2005, 09:40 AM
yes...it hurt.
surgery hurt.
rehab hurt.
on cold days, it hurts.
sec

True.
...and damp days, rainy days, cool days, cold days, walking stairs alot days, working on the ground............

My career as a tile layer is finished.....without knee pads.

JimNasium
01-10-2005, 09:40 AM
This is the exact reason I have decided to succumb to early-latent lethargy. I'm into prevention.

Bob Dole
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
True.
...and damp days, rainy days, cool days, cold days, walking stairs alot days, working on the ground............

My career as a tile layer is finished.....without knee pads.

WTF has Brideowanian done to you?

Good God man...sack up.

kc-nd
01-10-2005, 09:45 AM
This N. Dakota boy blew out his knee two years ago this month playing basketball at the ripe age of 43.

Did the same thing - it was a complete ACL tear and meniscus damage.

Had surgery 10 months later, and am not playing basketball, downhill skiing, etc. with no problem. Life is good again.

Rain Man
01-10-2005, 10:02 AM
This is the exact reason I have decided to succumb to early-latent lethargy. I'm into prevention.

The nice thing about this plan is that, unlike other diet and exercise plans, it actually gets easier the more you do it.

Scaga
01-10-2005, 10:46 AM
yes...it hurt.
surgery hurt.
rehab hurt.
on cold days, it hurts.
sec

What he said....
(just had it scoped 3 weeks ago to clean it back up from the major stuff 10 years ago.)

JimNasium
01-10-2005, 11:00 AM
The nice thing about this plan is that, unlike other diet and exercise plans, it actually gets easier the more you do it.
It's become even easier now that my daughters are learning to cook. This coupled with a salesman's friend make it possible for me to sit in one place for most of the day.

BIG_DADDY
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
The tearing sound was probably a ligament. You need to have that checked right away, waiting isn't doing anything for you. Keep Ice on it though and go have it checked out.

badgirl
01-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Just for the fact it bent INWARD would be enough to know something isn't right here. Go to the Dr. NOW, if all the fluid leaks out behind your knee cap your really in for some pain

marcus
01-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I went to the doctor and it looks like I should have taken Bob Dole's advice. Just a servere sprain on the MCL. No major damage.
Not much I can do for it, except

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
"Walk it off and stop being a pussy."

marcus

seclark
01-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I went to the doctor and it looks like I should have taken Bob Dole's advice. Just a servere sprain on the MCL. No major damage.
Not much I can do for it, except

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
"Walk it off and stop being a pussy."

marcus
why the hell didn't you make something up?
sec