PDA

View Full Version : Herm Edwards fight with asst coach...

Kerberos
01-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know what the fight was about ???? I saw it but no one said anymore about it ... I can't find anything about it on ESPN and you would like to think ESPN would be all over it trying to give the scoop on what started it and what happened AFTER the game!

???????????????????????????????

Cliff

JimNasium
01-10-2005, 09:43 AM
They asked him about it yesterday at halftime and he said that issues like that are best left "in the family."

MichaelH
01-10-2005, 09:44 AM
I think the RB coach was hitting on Herm's wife. Yeah, that's it. :)

Bob Dole
01-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Jets coach Herman Edwards got into a shouting match with running backs coach Bishop Harris during the third quarter of their 20-17 overtime victory over San Diego on Saturday night.

The two nearly came to blows during a series toward the end of the third quarter. Though Edwards declined to specify why they were arguing, at the time of the fight LaMont Jordan was carrying the ball instead of NFL rushing champion Curtis Martin.

Fullback Jerald Sowell had to restrain the two coaches. After walking away, Harris said something else and Edwards turned back toward his assistant.

"That's family emotions coming out in a playoff game, and that's good," Edwards said. "He's a heck of a football coach, that was an incident, it's over with, and we're fine."

Offensive coordinator Paul Hackett said the Jets had 12-15 new plays in featuring Martin and Jordan in at the same time, though it was unclear whether that had anything to do with the argument. During the series, Jordan subbed in for Martin after Martin had two big back-to-back plays, a 10-yard run and 23-yard catch.

The Jets ended up settling for a 42-yard field goal from Doug Brien to go up 17-7. Harris was unavailable for comment.

URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2005/01/08/sports0141EST0142.DTL

Coach
01-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Hackett was lucky enough they won this game. I would assure you that he would have been fired if they lost this game. I would still think he'll be gone, regardless of how far they'll go.

shaneo69
01-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Hackett was lucky enough they won this game. I would assure you that he would have been fired if they lost this game. I would still think he'll be gone, regardless of how far they'll go.

I will be shocked if the Steelers don't shut these guys out.

MichaelH
01-10-2005, 09:58 AM
I will be shocked if the Steelers don't shut these guys out.

Me too. The Jets are too banged up to play Pittsburgh. The running game is all they have.

NewChief
01-10-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure, but I think I read Herm's lips. He said something like, "I'm a combat veteran. Shut up and get me some pie!"

htismaqe
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Edwards was mad because they were using Jordan too much...he wanted Martin in the game...