PDA

View Full Version : Mediocrity stares Broncos right in the eyes

dirk digler
01-10-2005, 10:14 AM
I know it is from Kisla but hey it makes for a good read especially the mediocare part.

Indianapolis - So who is Mike Shanahan going to fire this time? The Broncos have not won a playoff game in 2,170 days, and he is running out of fingers to point.

Who is looking for a soft place to fall now, after a 49-24 pounding Sunday by Indianapolis?

Something has got to change for Denver. But what, pray tell, can divert the Broncos off the road to nowhere as the league's poster children for the false hope of parity?

"That's a dumb question," snapped Broncos veteran Rod Smith, 34 years old and no happier with his team than 12 months ago. "What's the difference? What's the difference? What's the difference? I'm asking you. What are the results?"

Something has got to change.

I feel sorry for Ted Sundquist, Denver's general manager. He owns a cool business card, but might have the most thankless job in football.

On a team just good enough to tease Broncomaniacs with championship expectations impossible to fulfill, Sundquist is condemned to have all the responsibility and zero authority.

Chronic mediocrity follows Denver like warm bubble gum on a shoe. But none of the blame ever seems to stick to Shanahan. At least not in the eyes of franchise owner Pat Bowlen.

For those of you keeping score at home, what Shanahan now does best in January is sacrifice scapegoats.

In 1999, cornerback Dale Carter infected the Broncos with the bad attitude Shanahan let in the locker room.

In 2000, all the stench of the season was traced to the door of defensive coordinator Greg Robinson.

In 2001, flighty receiver Eddie Kennison rewarded the faith Shanahan misplaced in him by quitting.

In 2002, quarterback Brian Griese removed the mask, revealing that he was not really Joe Montana, absolutely shocking Shanahan.

In 2003, all playmaker Clinton Portis did was rush for 1,500 yards, but when Shanahan shipped those pink tennis shoes and championship-belt cockiness off to Washington, the chorus of Broncomaniacs shouted amen.

So who takes the hit for another fine mess? Someone has to accept the blame. Trouble is: The Broncos have so few remaining players who really make a difference that blaming a street free agent or a rookie cannot fool all the people in Denver again.

If Shanahan genuinely wants to return to the Super Bowl, he must give complete control of revamping the team to Sundquist. Or fire him as a waste of time and money.

If Bowlen is committed to upholding the public trust that built a new stadium for a Denver civic treasure, the owner should demand Shanahan accept a general manager respected as a co-equal of the coach.

Something has got to change.

"I'm sure they were saying the same thing last year," said Broncos safety John Lynch, signed specifically to end the tired, old story of Denver's playoff regrets.

One of these years, when Colts quarterback Peyton Manning finally strolls into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Shanahan should hold open the door. If football is a game of inches, then I'm going to need a calculator, a degree from MIT and a six-pack of Red Bull to figure out how Manning passed for 360 yards against Denver. In the first half.

Linebacker Al Wilson deserves a better fate than these redundant humility lessons. Any scribe with a heart under his press credential cheers for guys like Wilson, the rare millionaire as passionate about winning as fans who live and die with the team.

After the blood, sweat and tears of six NFL seasons, Wilson still does not know the joy of postseason victory. Last week, he sat alone in the Broncos' locker room and made a sad confession: "A playoff loss hurts worst of all. Because it's the end. And you know it's the end. As a player, you have no opportunity to redeem yourself. You're going home."

With each successive playoff failure, ever notice how Shanahan looks less like a football mastermind and more like actor Bill Murray?

The Broncos could have saved the airfare to Indy and rented "Groundhog Day." For the umpteenth time.

In the movie, the weatherman portrayed by Murray awoke every morning to the same blasted Sonny and Cher song, until he wanted to crush the clock radio.

Shanahan. We've got him, babe.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:15 AM
Kiszla was so anxious to write this one...

Amnorix
01-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Let's hope it's also Groundhog Day for the Colts (in New England next Sunday).

dirk digler
01-10-2005, 10:19 AM

So is he right about Sundquist and does Mike have final say on who they sign? Just curious.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 10:21 AM

Reporters love being right.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm sure he is... if Mike doesn't want it, it won't happen. And, that is part of the problem.

I think a coach should just coach. I understand the "if I'm going to cook dinner, you gotta let me buy the groceries" mentality. But, I dunno... coaching is such a huge task.

dirk digler
01-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm sure he is... if Mike doesn't want it, it won't happen. And, that is part of the problem.

I think a coach should just coach. I understand the "if I'm going to cook dinner, you gotta let me buy the groceries" mentality. But, I dunno... coaching is such a huge task.

I agree I have never thought it is a good idea to have a coach be the general manager. Too much conflict of interest there and they are rarely successful.

King_Chief_Fan
01-10-2005, 10:27 AM
It is fun to blast Shanahan.......I dislike him. Why? because he is the coach of the cheating, lying, asswipe Broncos.

I bet if he was available when DV leaves, several on this board (including me) would want him as a head coach for the Chiefs.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 10:28 AM
It is fun to blast Shanahan.......I dislike him. Why? because he is the coach of the cheating, lying, asswipe Broncos.

I bet if he was available when DV leaves, several on this board (including me) would want him as a head coach for the Chiefs.

Hell no. He consistently gets outcoached at the end of the year, every year.

jspchief
01-10-2005, 10:29 AM

...I was pretty anxious to read it.ROFL

Clint in Wichita
01-10-2005, 10:30 AM
What a bunch of whining. It's only been 6 years since Denver won the second of its back-to-back Super Bowls.

Try being a Chiefs fan & tolerating Carl Peterson year after year.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
What a bunch of whining. It's only been 6 years since Denver won the second of its back-to-back Super Bowls.

I have said this MANY times ... it's only been 6 years. Some Denver fans and writers seem to forget how long it took to win it all. They got there several times with Elway and Reeves and we know what happened.

6 years... phhhhhhhttt, it's just time. I have plenty of time. It's not like 6 years of 7 or 8 wins and nothing to hope for. It's not Cincy, AZ, Detroit or even Dallas of the last 6 years.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I have said this MANY times ... it's only been 6 years. Some Denver fans and writers seem to forget how long it took to win it all. They got there several times with Elway and Reeves and we know what happened.

6 years... phhhhhhhttt, it's just time. I have plenty of time. It's not like 6 years of 7 or 8 wins and nothing to hope for. It's not Cincy, AZ, Detroit or even Dallas of the last 6 years.

Yep, you guys got spoiled by Elway and the mini-dynasty.

But it's funny when TJ proclaims SB after a 5-1 start and the Donks don't even sniff it. ROFL

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
LOL...Kizla hates the Broncos.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 10:44 AM
So is he right about Sundquist and does Mike have final say on who they sign? Just curious.

Shanahan does have the final say....so did Dan Reeves....

But that doesn't mean that Mike Shanahan vetos Ted everyday or at all....that would be stupid. Mike Shanahan has a bunch of people working under him and why hire them if you don't trust their imput?

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 10:46 AM

But it's funny when TJ proclaims SB after a 5-1 start and the Donks don't even sniff it. ROFL

LMAO....The chiefs haven't sniffed the the Super Bowl in your life time...unless you count the beating by Buffalo in the AFCC game...I guess that's a sniff.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 10:47 AM

I agree.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:49 AM

Yeah, that's on par with KC fans saying that Gunther is back so deal with it and that his presence will shore up the sad defense of a 13 win club the year before and go all the way!

ROFL Hell, they barely sniffed 8 wins. Now, that's funny.. I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 10:51 AM
"Linebacker Al Wilson deserves a better fate than these redundant humility lessons. Any scribe with a heart under his press credential cheers for guys like Wilson, the rare millionaire as passionate about winning as fans who live and die with the team."

Then Al Wilson should play better.

KCTitus
01-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that's on par with KC fans saying that Gunther is back so deal with it and that his presence will shore up the sad defense of a 13 win club the year before and go all the way!

Feh...that's kind of like bronco fans saying that Bubby brings as much to the team as Elway because of Shanny's 'system'.

Yes, Elway was THAT special....so special in fact that people are screaming 6 years removed from their last SB win. I can only dream of what it would be like to have a player that special...leading KC to the SB every 3-5 years for 20 years win or lose.

dirk digler
01-10-2005, 10:53 AM

ROFL Hell, they barely sniffed 8 wins. Now, that's funny.. I don't care who you are, that's funny!

I wasn't one of those people I thought and still do that we need to gut the defensive talent as well as our coaches except for Gun.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 10:54 AM

Hard to argue there....

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Feh...that's kind of like bronco fans saying that Bubby brings as much to the team as Elway because of Shanny's 'system'.

Yes, Elway was THAT special....so special in fact that people are screaming 6 years removed from their last SB win. I can only dream of what it would be like to have a player that special...leading KC to the SB every 3-5 years for 20 years win or lose.

There's no need to tell me about the greatness of Elway and again, not sure where I'm making the comment contrary to such greatness.

KCTitus
01-10-2005, 11:00 AM
There's no need to tell me about the greatness of Elway and again, not sure where I'm making the comment contrary to such greatness.

I werent clear...

I think the reason why there is clamor 6 years removed from a SB title is because denver fans got used to visiting the SB every few years thanks to one player. It's been 22 years since denver got ahold of said player and it's hard to remember that getting to the SB aint/shouldnt be that easy.

Im not exactly pointing in your direction, but I can understand why some would begin to make noise.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I werent clear...

I think the reason why there is clamor 6 years removed from a SB title is because denver fans got used to visiting the SB every few years thanks to one player. It's been 22 years since denver got ahold of said player and it's hard to remember that getting to the SB aint/shouldnt be that easy.

Im not exactly pointing in your direction, but I can understand why some would begin to make noise.

Ok, from that view - I see where you were going. Yes, with Elway, many fans and writers grew accustom to SB visits... ugly loss or win.

From 1983 - 1998 (16 seasons) fans of the Broncos saw their team advance to 5 Superbowls, just about 1 every 5 years with a few other forgettable playoff appearnaces in between. 16 seasons with 10 resulting in a playoff spot.

So, yes, from that viewpoint... the 6 years since is tough for some to deal with and while I don't like 0 wins in 6 years, I understand and probably even appreciate more now what we really had back then.

Win or lose, we were treated to some spectacular moments. Right now, we're just looking for 1 spectacular moment...

dirk digler
01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Right now, we're just looking for 1 spectacular moment...

So are we.

TEX
01-10-2005, 12:59 PM

And one of those 7 wins involved kicking donkey tail like never before. Now that is also funny! How did the defense look that day? ROFL

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 01:47 PM
And one of those 7 wins involved kicking donkey tail like never before. Now that is also funny! How did the defense look that day? ROFL

That was your sunshine and the dog's ass moment in the series.

Tuckdaddy
01-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Let's hope it's also Groundhog Day for the Colts (in New England next Sunday).

let's hope its not. The entire country is sick of the Pats. We want different AFC reps year. Indy or Pitt would do fine by me.

TEX
01-10-2005, 01:52 PM

Not really, but it was pretty KICK ASS as it humbled many of your kind at least for a day... :thumb:

Yesterday's game with the Colts was kind of the same but I'm not sure that it hurt any worse. I mean you had to be expecting it this time, right? :hmmm:

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 01:53 PM

You fool. The Chiefs lead the all-time series with the Donks (50-40-0). And that was the biggest blowout by EITHER team since 1983.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Not really, but it was pretty KICK ASS as it humbled many of your kind at least for a day... :thumb:

Yesterday's game with the Colts was kind of the same but I'm not sure that it hurt any worse. I mean you had to be expecting it this time, right? :hmmm:

I expected them to be more competitive... I didn't expect the defense to look like the guys at the airport leading the planes to the boarding ramp.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 01:55 PM
You fool. The Chiefs lead the all-time series with the Donks (50-40-0). And that was the biggest blowout by EITHER team since 1983.

Stick to the things you know best... like working either hand while peering at your sister's friends from behind your Boba Fett mask.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Stick to the things you know best... like working either hand while peering at your sister's friends from behind your Boba Fett mask.

Oh, I see how it is. When I come up with the FACTS all you have left is a personal attack.

The Chiefs OWN the Donks all-time, and that 28 point ass-whipping (punt not intended!) was our magnum opus.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh, I see how it is. When I come up with the FACTS all you have left is a personal attack.

The Chiefs OWN the Donks all-time, and that 28 point ass-whipping (punt not intended!) was our magnum opus.

Facts...? You're deflecting. I'm talking about this season (with another person) and you want to bring up franchise records since the dawn of the league. I don't care what the Broncos / Chiefs did before 1980 to be honest with you. I don't care what Denver did before 1980...

Did you just learn the phrase 'magnum opus' ... that's the second time you've used it in 12 hours. Hooked on Phonics is working, I take it.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Facts...? You're deflecting. I'm talking about this season (with another person) and you want to bring up franchise records since the dawn of the league. I don't care what the Broncos / Chiefs did before 1980 to be honest with you. I don't care what Denver did before 1980...

Did you just learn the phrase 'magnum opus' ... that's the second time you've used it in 12 hours. Hooked on Phonics is working, I take it.

You said that the Chiefs blowout win was "your sunshine and the dog's ass moment in the series."

Since YOU brought up the all-time series, I felt it necessary to point out that the Chiefs own the winning record in that series. That is a fact.

As far as magnum opus...it applies in both situations I used it.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
The "seasonal series" you twit... if I'm addressing you I usually try to be as complete as possible.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 02:52 PM
The "seasonal series" you twit... if I'm addressing you I usually try to be as complete as possible.

Ah, well now that is understandable. Don't call me a twit, douchebag. How was I supposed to know what series you were referring to.

Now, let me get this straight. KC beat Denver by 28 points, and Denver beat KC by 10 points, but KC's win was the sunshine on the dog's ass out of those two games?

Retard.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Ah, well now that is understandable. Don't call me a twit, douchebag. How was I supposed to know what series you were referring to.

Now, let me get this straight. KC beat Denver by 28 points, and Denver beat KC by 10 points, but KC's win was the sunshine on the dog's ass out of those two games?

Retard.

You waste my time.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 02:55 PM
You waste my time.

Shanahan wastes his players' time.

stevieray
01-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Deflecting to the Chiefs has nothing to do with this article.

You guys are MEDIOCRE. Have been. And just like the article states, shanny usually creates a scapegoat.

All that money for Greaseme, Plummer, Bailey....you guys were out of the playoffs last week, you're just to stubborn to admit it.

Works for me, works for Shanny, works for Bowlen. Bowlen knows he had to cheat to get Elway a ring. Enjoy suffereing the consequences.

BIG_DADDY
01-10-2005, 04:25 PM
Fist half of that game was hella funny.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Deflecting to the Chiefs has nothing to do with this article.

You guys are MEDIOCRE. Have been. And just like the article states, shanny usually creates a scapegoat.

All that money for Greaseme, Plummer, Bailey....you guys were out of the playoffs last week, you're just to stubborn to admit it.

Works for me, works for Shanny, works for Bowlen. Bowlen knows he had to cheat to get Elway a ring. Enjoy suffereing the consequences.

LOL...all that money on Bartee, Warfield, Hicks, Fujita, McCleon, Woods, Sims, Morton, Johnson....

Pure comedy steve

stevieray
01-10-2005, 05:01 PM
LOL...all that money on Bartee, Warfield, Hicks, Fujita, McCleon, Woods, Sims, Morton, Johnson....

Pure comedy steve

We aren't talking about the Chiefs, we are talking about the MEDIOCRE Invescos. Try to stay on subject or at least comeup with something besides trying to prove you're not as bad as the Chiefs, because in reality you are. Hell you might be worse.

TEX
01-10-2005, 05:17 PM

Retard.

Ah...the marvel that is "Donkey math"... :hmmm:

TEX
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
We aren't talking about the Chiefs, we are talking about the MEDIOCRE Invescos. Try to stay on subject or at least comeup with something besides trying to prove you're not as bad as the Chiefs, because in reality you are. Hell you might be worse.

Stevie,
It's DONKEY 101 and thay all passed the course. When their team is questioned, always - always - always change the subject and answer it with takes about the person's team who is asking the question.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM

Pure comedy steve

The difference is we have very little talent on Defense, and our defense sucks.

You have tons of talent on defense, and your defense sucks.

That's what's funny...

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM

That's what's funny...

Our denfense doesn't suck, but you believe what you want.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 05:34 PM

No...I just think it's funny for you to talk that ridiculous bullshit whilst as bad as we may be...yours are worse. LOL

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Stevie,
It's DONKEY 101 and thay all passed the course. When their team is questioned, always - always - always change the subject and answer it with takes about the person's team who is asking the question.

It's called irony

Rausch
01-10-2005, 05:39 PM

Your defense got exposed circa 2003 Chiefs.

Your last 6 games were poop. Oakland's flacid offense hung 25 on you. Then the Chargers hung 20, which is respectable. Then one of the worst offenses in the NFL, the Dolphins, hang 17 before your team puked all over itself and allowed 45 points in Arrowhead.

The only thing keeping you from total implosion was a very good performance against the Tits and beating up on the Colts JV team...

jspchief
01-10-2005, 05:48 PM

Of course it doesn't. A lot of good defenses give up 350 yards passing in the first half.:rolleyes:

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Your defense got exposed circa 2003 Chiefs.

Your last 6 games were poop. Oakland's flacid offense hung 25 on you. Then the Chargers hung 20, which is respectable. Then one of the worst offenses in the NFL, the Dolphins, hang 17 before your team puked all over itself and allowed 45 points in Arrowhead.

The only thing keeping you from total implosion was a very good performance against the Tits and beating up on the Colts JV team...

The Oakland game was in the snow which favors an offense

Chargers only won by 3

Dolphins beat the Pats the next week I believe and have a pretty good defense...I think if you look at the drives that game or any game...you'll see that turnovers put the defense in bad situations...and many times with short fields the defense held the offense to 3.

And at Arrowhead....1-13...1-13 in december at Arrowhead...you can throw that one out. Correction....now 1-14. But a bad performance....

so your list of 4 games...now shrinks to 1 to support your argument. So my original post to you stands.

The Titans...Volek comes off of two straight weeks of 300 yard plus...might have been 400 and we held him to around 150...and he got pulled.

And I would love for one of you guys to go ask the Colts "JV" team if they let the Broncos win. Ask the Bills about the Steelers "JV" team. A game in the NFL is a game in the NFL...unless it's a strike year.:)

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Of course it doesn't. A lot of good defenses give up 350 yards passing in the first half.:rolleyes:

I would love to see the Chiefs play them in the Dome post season....but you'd have to make the second season to do that. Perhaps you should roll your eyes at that.

TEX
01-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Chargers only won by 3

Dolphins beat the Pats the next week I believe and have a pretty good defense...I think if you look at the drives that game or any game...you'll see that turnovers put the defense in bad situations...and many times with short fields the defense held the offense to 3.

And at Arrowhead....1-13...1-13 in december at Arrowhead...you can throw that one out. Correction....now 1-14. But a bad performance....

so your list of 4 games...now shrinks to 1 to support your argument. So my original post to you stands.

The Titans...Volek comes off of two straight weeks of 300 yard plus...might have been 400 and we held him to around 150...and he got pulled.

And I would love for one of you guys to go ask the Colts "JV" team if they let the Broncos win. Ask the Bills about the Steelers "JV" team. A game in the NFL is a game in the NFL...unless it's a strike year.:)

Do you actually believe some of the stuff you write? :hmmm:

KcMizzou
01-10-2005, 06:00 PM
1-13 in december at Arrowhead...you can throw that one out.
Umm.. Why?

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Do you actually believe some of the stuff you write? :hmmm:

Which part are you refuting?

Nzoner
01-10-2005, 06:02 PM

Well they put Reggie Wayne in the record books.

TEX
I would love to see the Chiefs play them in the Dome post season....but you'd have to make the second season to do that. Perhaps you should roll your eyes at that.

There you go again with your Bronco 101 deflection tactic. This is about the BRONCOS, you know,YOUR team. What would the CHIEFS playing anybody, anywhere have to do with anything when it comes to staying on subject? :hmmm:

Garcia Bronco
Umm.. Why?

I said it was a bad performance...read the entire post please. Do not dishonor me.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:03 PM

Well...shit happens...

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
There you go again with your Bronco 101 deflection tactic. This is about the BRONCOS, you know,YOUR team. What would the CHIEFS playing anybody, anywhere have to do with anything when it comes to staying on subject? :hmmm:

I'm saying that you point a finger and their are three pointing back at you. Not only would the Chiefs get their ass whooped in Inday....they would get their ass whooped in Arrowhead...and not make the Colts even punt.

Basically TEX...when you have no room to talk....you have no room to talk. And guess what...Chief Fans have no room to point fingers.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Wow ... we're still workin' this thread, eh?

Ok, here is my basic view of the 2004 Broncos defensively. The Broncos don't have a mediocre defense they don't have an average defense. The Broncos have a good defense... but, it's not good enough to win in the playoffs.

They have some fantastic talent, but not enough to be a top and consistently performing defense. The depth wasn't where it needed to be to account for guys getting injured, that goes to the coaching staff and the owner. Teams like NE lose key starters and keep rolling and that in a nutshell is what puts Denver on a level just below those top defenses.

They don't pressure the QB and they don't create turnovers. That's not to say that more often than not, they don't stop the run or the pass. They do and they have a nice foundation, but it remains to be seen if they take the steps needed to push that defense over the top.

Should Indy's passing attack go nuts on NE this weekend, then it will be said "Indy lost their two starting CB's". Shit happens - Denver lost their top DE and the top two CBs on the other side of Bailey.

Injuries happen.

Overall, the list of defenses that I would rather have other than Denver has about 6 names on it...

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:08 PM

Phhhhhttttttttt... with the list of guys that Denver defenses have put in the record books over the years, that was nothing.

:banghead:

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Phhhhhttttttttt... with the list of guys that Denver defenses have put in the record books over the years, that was nothing.

:banghead:

LOL...I was going to say that too.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:11 PM
LOL...I was going to say that too.

Gotta have some fun with it.

TEX
Which part are you refuting?

This part for starters as it was your first half -thought point - "The Oakland game was in the snow which favors an offense. "

True, it was in the snow and it does favor the offense but what about the fact that it was at your HOME in a cold weather city playing against a team from the West Coast??? And friend, why didn't your offense do something/anything in said snow?

Need a snow blow? - Chew on that. :p

Then there was the gem about the "JV" team. Do you honestly belive that beating a Colts team who rested it's starters means much? Look where it got you. You actually thought the Broncos were good. ROFL

Nzoner
Not only would the Chiefs get their ass whooped in Inday....they would get their ass whooped in Arrowhead...and not make the Colts even punt.

Yeah,losing by 7 is a real ass whooping compared to being down by 32 at the half.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah,losing by 7 is a real ass whooping compared to being down by 32 at the half.

Are the results different? You could have lost 3 to 2

Nzoner
01-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Are the results different? You could have lost 3 to 2

Granted a loss is a loss BUT you're the one who said ass whooping besides KC beat Indy's first team this year.

just having some fun with it too.....

TEX
01-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Wow ... we're still workin' this thread, eh?

Ok, here is my basic view of the 2004 Broncos defensively. The Broncos don't have a mediocre defense they don't have an average defense. The Broncos have a good defense... but, it's not good enough to win in the playoffs.

They have some fantastic talent, but not enough to be a top and consistently performing defense. The depth wasn't where it needed to be to account for guys getting injured, that goes to the coaching staff and the owner. Teams like NE lose key starters and keep rolling and that in a nutshell is what puts Denver on a level just below those top defenses.

They don't pressure the QB and they don't create turnovers. That's not to say that more often than not, they don't stop the run or the pass. They do and they have a nice foundation, but it remains to be seen if they take the steps needed to push that defense over the top.

Should Indy's passing attack go nuts on NE this weekend, then it will be said "Indy lost their two starting CB's". Shit happens - Denver lost their top DE and the top two CBs on the other side of Bailey.

Injuries happen.

Overall, the list of defenses that I would rather have other than Denver has about 6 names on it...

Interesting. I was with you until about mid season when your defense started to suck. They were not a good defense down the stretch of the season. What was their performance the 2nd half vs the first half of the season? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
This part for starters as it was your first half -thought point - "The Oakland game was in the snow which favors an offense. "

True, it was in the snow and it does favor the offense but what about the fact that it was at your HOME in a cold weather city playing against a team from the West Coast??? And friend, why didn't your offense do something/anything in said snow?

Then there was the gem about the "JV" team. Do you honestly belive that beating a Colts team who rested it's starters means much? Look where it got you. You actually thought the Broncos were good. ROFL

It was an odd one... Denver wins 31-3 at OAK, loses by 1 in DEN.

The game at Denver, again... our defense fell apart. Porter broke 160 and 3TDs... that's on Bailey, he looked silly.

Also and this will likely be used against me... but, they lost Walls and Middlebrooks in the second half of the season. Also, I'm guessing that the Dline that did fairly well early, finally had the loss of Pryce catch up with them.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Interesting. I was with you until about mid season when your defense started to suck. They were not a good defense down the stretch of the season. What was their performance the 2nd half vs the first half of the season? :hmmm:

I dunno... all I know is that overall, the team again let a 5-1 record get stale in the final months.

I've accepted it and whatever happens, happens. I think they have a nice foundation and with a focus on improving the pass rush... and as they build on the increase in turnovers in the second half of the season, 2005 should be better than just a "statistically" good one for the defense.

The defense was good on paper and in the rankings, but they bent more often than they should.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:19 PM

Our offense out up 24 points and drove the ball well...we lost by a point..and came up short on a catch in the endzone...but we were talking about the defense which did not play offense for Denver. And as you agreed...the Snow favored the offense.

I don't care who the Colts put on the field in week 17...the Bronocs had to go win to get in the playoffs and they did. The Bills had to at least win to have a shot and didn't against Pittsburg with rested starters. We still won 10 games and made the playoffs...

As far as good...let me put it in perspective for you......when the Panthers were 1-7......guess who the 1 was.....

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Granted a loss is a loss BUT you're the one who said ass whooping besides KC beat Indy's first team this year.

just having some fun with it too.....
But neither our team or yours beat them when it counted...that's why I don't understand the finger pointing by retards like steve.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Garcia ... figured I'd do it b/f one of them did... in that 1 point loss to OAK, Denver scored on an INT. One of the few times our defense scored. :deevee:

That's what I liked about GRob's defenses ... turnovers and scoring.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
What's funny is that Mister Rat is in denial about EVERYTHING! ROFL

Shanahan's vision: "I think we were there this year''

(01-10) 15:45 PST DENVER (AP) --

Mike Shanahan has a much different vision of the Denver Broncos than most people who watched his team this season.

The coach believes the Broncos are close to being among the NFL elite. He believes Jake Plummer is an excellent quarterback. And he doesn't believe his power within the team is as all-encompassing as many people might think.

Add it all up and it's logical not to expect many drastic changes in 2005 -- either on the roster or in the hierarchy -- from a team that has finished the last two seasons in identical fashion, with 10-7 records and blowout losses to Indianapolis in the first round of the playoffs.

"I think we were there this year," Shanahan said during a 55-minute news conference to recap the season. "You don't finish fourth on defense and fifth on offense without being pretty good."

That's what they were -- pretty good.

But as they showed in the 49-24 loss to the Colts, they're nowhere near as good as the third-seeded team in the AFC.

To many, that might indicate retooling is in order. On the day after, though, Shanahan spoke as if it's a matter of just a few tweaks and the return to health of a few key players, like Trevor Pryce.

Pryce bought that line of thinking, too.

"No one should look at this as something you need to tear down and start over again," he said. "We're a good football team. We have a nucleus of guys."

But there were flaws.

Missing Pryce, Denver's defense never found a consistent pass rush. That didn't help new acquisitions Champ Bailey and John Lynch, who were brought in to make the defense better, but couldn't -- and didn't -- do it all. Denver finished with 38 sacks and 20 turnovers and, on the whole, simply didn't make big plays.

"We were brought in to bring this team further along than where it was last year," Lynch said. "I think in terms of making this a better team, I think we have done that. But we didn't move them on further in the playoffs."

Meanwhile, with Plummer running the offense, it was hard to know what to expect. Was he the guy who tied the team record with 27 touchdown passes? Or the guy who threw a league-high 20 interceptions? He was a little of both -- great at times, but very inconsistent and not a good decision maker.

Shanahan, however, is in love with his quarterback. He spent a good five minutes praising him Monday. The Broncos must pay him $6 million on March 1 to keep him under his current contract, and Shanahan said that was all but a done deal.

"He handled pressure extremely well and that's what quarterbacks are asked to do," Shanahan said. "He had one stretch of four games, there were eight interceptions, where he didn't play well. I'd like to throw those games out, but I blame myself as much as Jake because I put him in situations he shouldn't have been in."

Shanahan denied that wearing the hats as head coach and top personnel guy is too much for him to handle, as many -- including a handful of former players -- suggested over the season.

"The only way you have a great organization is if you've got great people at every position," Shanahan said. "I'm talking about college personnel, pro personnel, general manager, and without those people you don't succeed. It's been that way since I've been here."

It means that barring a change of heart by owner Pat Bowlen, Shanahan will likely return for his 11th season as Denver's key decision maker, earning $5 million a year to lead a team that hasn't won a playoff game since the 1998 Super Bowl.

Among the free agents he'd most like to keep are defensive end Reggie Hayward (101/2 sacks), safety Kenoy Kennedy and offensive lineman Ben Hamilton.

The salary cap will probably restrict his ability to make more than one or two decent-sized signings from outside and the Bailey-Clinton Portis trade that was supposed to transform Denver into a Super Bowl contender was certainly a rarity, the likes of which almost surely won't be repeated soon.

Shanahan, though, didn't sound like a coach looking for an offseason blockbuster -- only a few tweaks and a little more luck on the injury front.

"The bottom line is, you either get it done or you don't," he said. "But for people to say we're a long way from playing at that level, with some of the guys we didn't have and were counting on, they don't know what they're talking about."

Hmmm, so he thinks they have the players and the coaches, but for the sixth year in a row, they did jack shiat....what gives?

*twitch twitch*

http://www.nfl.com/u/superbowl/photos/superbowl67e_lower.jpg

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2284&dateline=1104228010

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:25 PM

If trent green and Priest holmes turned the ball over in their own redzone...it would make the KC defense look bad too....but in reality....it's on the offense for not taking care of the ball.

TEX
01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm saying that you point a finger and their are three pointing back at you. Not only would the Chiefs get their ass whooped in Inday....they would get their ass whooped in Arrowhead...and not make the Colts even punt.

Basically TEX...when you have no room to talk....you have no room to talk. And guess what...Chief Fans have no room to point fingers.

Um...we did beat them this year in the regular season and their starters played, remember? But once again, what does that have to do with anything Bronco? NOTHING! Can you try and stay on subject for a change?

Chief fans can point fingers and make fun of the Broncos if they want to but they must not distort facts when doing so. For instance, do you realize that a few weeks ago we beat your boys down worse than the Colts did yesterday? And at the time you probably felt worse about things than you do now. And whether you realize it or not, it got you used to getting your asses kicked on the road. See... :p

Now, again what does anything CHIEF have to do with your team being mediocre? No finger pointing, no making fun, just a simple question.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 06:27 PM

Chargers only won by 3

That has nothing to do with how many pts you give up.

The Chiefs lost about 5 games this year by 7, after giving up 30+ pts...

Dolphins beat the Pats the next week I believe and have a pretty good defense...

They still suck. And their offense sucks.

The Chiefs defense made the Texans look like a playoff team. Just because they beat a winning team later doesn't mean our performance wasn't poop...

That's my point.

No it doesn't. It doesn't matter how your rationalize a poor performance, it's still a poor performance.

That game really impressed me. I figured your defense might have gotten it's $#it together after that. Volek is better than people give him credit for.

Garcia Bronco
What's funn

http://www.nfl.com/u/superbowl/photos/superbowl67e_lower.jpg

Never in your life time have you seen a Chiefs team win or contend for a Super Bowl

Sit down moron...the adults are talking.

Mile High Mania
I find nothing wrong with the comments...

The foundation is there, but it remains to be seen how they build up the areas of concern. Dline, TE and secondary depth.

They should and likely will resign those 3 FAs.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Garcia ... figured I'd do it b/f one of them did... in that 1 point loss to OAK, Denver scored on an INT. One of the few times our defense scored. :deevee:

That's what I liked about GRob's defenses ... turnovers and scoring.

I forgot about that...wasn't it Jonson...

See Brad...defense even scored Six in that game against Oakland.

TEX
If trent green and Priest holmes turned the ball over in their own redzone...it would make the KC defense look bad too....but in reality....it's on the offense for not taking care of the ball.

I give up. Once again you answer by talking about another team instead of your own players. :banghead:

Good night - talk to you tomorrow.

Mile High Mania
Um...we did beat them this year in the regular season and their starters played, remember? But once again, what does that have to do with anything Bronco? NOTHING! Can you try and stay on subject for a change?

Chief fans can point fingers and make fun of the Broncos if they want to but they must not distort facts when doing so. For instance, do you realize that a few weeks ago we beat your boys down worse than the Colts did yesterday? And at the time you probably felt worse about things than you do now. And whether you realize it or not, it got you used to getting your asses kicked on the road. See... :p

Now, again what does anything CHIEF have to do with your team being mediocre? No finger pointing, no making fun, just a simple question.

I think the point he was getting at is that the Denver starters in 2003 beat the Indy starters in their house during the regular season. The last two post seasons have been completely different stories.

What happens in the regular season doesn't always mean anything in the post season. See the SEA/STL and GB/MIN games from this past weekend for exhibits A and B.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Never in your life time have you seen a Chiefs team win or contend for a Super Bowl

Sit down moron...the adults are talking.

WTF!!!

Nice deflection! We aren't talking about the Chiefs here!

The Shanny article is relevant to this discussion...and the pic is hilarious!

KC contended for a SB in 93.

Nzoner
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
I think the point he was getting at is that the Denver starters in 2003 beat the Indy starters in their house during the regular season. The last two post seasons have been completely different stories.

What happens in the regular season doesn't always mean anything in the post season. See the SEA/STL and GB/MIN games from this past weekend for exhibits A and B.

Exhibit A doesn't work,the rams won all 3.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
That has nothing to do with how many pts you give up.

If snow favors offense...then yeah...iut's going to effect how many points you allow.

The Chiefs lost about 5 games this year by 7, after giving up 30+ pts...

They still suck. And their offense sucks.

Miami is still an NFL team...and like I said the offense but the defense in short fields with turnovers. That they bea tthe Pats means they can compete

The Chiefs defense made the Texans look like a playoff team. Just because they beat a winning team later doesn't mean our performance wasn't poop...

That's my point.

No it doesn't. It doesn't matter how your rationalize a poor performance, it's still a poor performance.

So yeah....you got one game

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Exhibit A doesn't work,the rams won all 3.

Good point... now, shut your noise hole. ROFL

Still, the Vikings proved it this year and it's happened in the past.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:37 PM
WTF!!!

Nice deflection! We aren't talking about the Chiefs here!

The Shanny article is relevant to this discussion...and the pic is hilarious!

KC contended for a SB in 93.

But did they make it when they borrowed Montana...I don't think so.

And further more...if you are gonna talk Donkey smack...don't call bullshit when I knock down your house of chiefs.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM

I'm telling you like I told homeboy...if you talk donkey smack..then you'll get it right back on your own team. Because you have no room to talk.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:40 PM
But did they make it when they borrowed Monatan...I don't think so.

And further more...if you are gonna talk Donkey smack...don't call bullshit when I knock down your house of chiefs.

Garcia .. it's Monday, check the schedule. Goatboy is my Gimp on the second Monday and third Thursday of every month. You have the first Tuesday and every other Saturday.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Garcia .. it's Monday, check the schedule. Goatboy is my Gimp on the second Monday and third Thursday of every month. You have the first Tuesday and every other Saturday.

MY bad....he's gimptastic.ROFL

Rausch
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I find nothing wrong with the comments...

The foundation is there, but it remains to be seen how they build up the areas of concern. Dline, TE and secondary depth.

They should and likely will resign those 3 FAs.

I think a lot of your defensive problems have to do with $hitty offensive playcalling. I'll give you that.

Your team was set up to own the TOP and lean on your defense, but the playcalling didn't reflect that. You should have "Gone Baltimore" and ran the snot outta' the ball, helping out your defense. Instead Shanny put the ball in Plungers hands time after time in the red zone even after he'd proven a turnover machine down there.

Don't feel bad, the Chiefs did the same thing. With the RB's and offensive line to dominate nearly any team we'd abandon the run and end up punting, putting even more burden on a below average defense... :shake:

stevieray
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Look at Garcia cry on the CHIEFS board..

This is why your team is mediocre...denial and arrogance.

That's why your smack is reduced to deflecting to the Chiefs.

It's petty.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:50 PM
I think a lot of your defensive problems have to do with $hitty offensive playcalling. I'll give you that.

Your team was set up to own the TOP and lean on your defense, but the playcalling didn't reflect that. You should have "Gone Baltimore" and ran the snot outta' the ball, helping out your defense. Instead Shanny put the ball in Plungers hands time after time in the red zone even after he'd proven a turnover machine down there.

Don't feel bad, the Chiefs did the same thing. With the RB's and offensive line to dominate nearly any team we'd abandon the run and end up punting, putting even more burden on a below average defense... :shake:

Still, you can question the offense all day long. That doesn't excuse the defense from not getting consistent pressure on the QB, sacks and turnovers.

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 06:52 PM

Well, I'm not sure about last year, but the win over Indy this year was BS. JV teams count for shiat.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:52 PM

This why your team is mediocr...denial and arrogance.

It's petty.

Hey man, Go Chiefs has stolen your "deflection" mantra... better watch out, he might show up in his own Elvis outfit ready to be your MiniFDE.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Well, I'm not sure about last year, but the win over Indy this year was BS. JV teams count for shiat.

Of course you're "not sure about last year"... it doesn't help your point of view. And, again... notice that I didn't mention the week 17 game in that scenario.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm telling you like I told homeboy...if you talk donkey smack..then you'll get it right back on your own team. Because you have no room to talk.

I'm not just tossing smack, I honestly don't get it.

You have twice the talent on your D that we do. Understood. We've got a better pass rush, but that's it. And that's mainly due to two players.

It's not about comparing the two. They don't compare as far as talent.

Look at it this way. It's like you married the prom queen, who stayed a virgin until your vows, and I married a crack whore.

If the crack whore cheats on me, it sucks, but honestly...who's suprised?

But if the virgin prom queen is cought blowing a guy in a parking lot. Wow. Where the fug did that come from? That shouldn't happen...

stevieray
01-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Still, you can question the offense all day long. That doesn't excuse the defense from not getting consistent pressure on the QB, sacks and turnovers.

IIRC. The Indy oline only gave up fifteen sacks all year. You had to produce on offense, because you weren't going to stop them, just slow them down. shanny shouldv'e stayed with one back.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 06:55 PM

Lost Mike Anderson and Griffin..plus defense loading 8 in the box...and that at time dictated the way we played offense, but the QB has to make those plays.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm not just tossing smack, I honestly don't get it.

You have twice the talent on your D that we do. Understood. We've got a better pass rush, but that's it. And that's mainly due to two players.

It's not about comparing the two. They don't compare as far as talent.

Look at it this way. It's like you married the prom queen, who stayed a virgin until your vows, and I married a crack whore.

If the crack whore cheats on me, it sucks, but honestly...who's suprised?

But if the virgin prom queen is cought blowing a guy in a parking lot. Wow. Where the fug did that come from? That shouldn't happen...

Now YOU ARE DEFLECTING ... we're not talking about prom queens and crack whores, dammit.

ROFL

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Of course you're "not sure about last year"... it doesn't help your point of view. And, again... notice that I didn't mention the week 17 game in that scenario.

I'm not even trying to beat your team down here...last year was a big win for you guys, but of course Denver was a different team and so was Indy last year.

Who knows what happened between the win and the loss vs Indy last year...I think Shanahan used up his bag of tricks in round one, personally.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:01 PM

This is why your team is mediocre...denial and arrogance.

It's petty.

Don't project your feelings going on 35 years....i.e the crying...

Rausch
01-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Now YOU ARE DEFLECTING ... we're not talking about prom queens and crack whores, dammit.

ROFL

Convince me our defense isn't a bunch of crack whores...

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:06 PM
ROFL - you got me.

If we can't laugh at our teams in times like this, we'd go insane.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 07:08 PM
ROFL - you got me.

If we can't laugh at our teams in times like this, we'd go insane.

I can't, it hurts too much. I'll laugh at Plunger.

You laugh at our _efense...

stevieray
01-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Don't project your feelings going on 35 years....i.e the crying...

reduced smack again?

Are you insecure? because every time the broncos lose, you always come HERE to the Chiefs board, to prove how much sand you collected over the weekend.

It just eats you up inside to know that you are and have been as medicore as the Chiefs. That's why you come here and puff out your chest and pretend you're in the audience of a Jerry Springer show, so you can feel better about your MEDIOCRE season and bruised ego. Get anew gig, GB, this one is played out.

I would expect weak smack like this if I were at the Invesco board.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:13 PM

They're not crack whores....you guys need a pass rush in a serious way. Allen is a good step in that direction. If Dalton has another season like this and get another strong DE....your secondary woes aren't that bad.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 07:15 PM
They're not crack whores....you guys need a pass rush in a serious way. Allen is a good step in that direction. If Dalton has another season like this and get another strong DE....your secondary woes aren't that bad.

Actually, our pass rush was VERY good this year.

And our secondary STILL sucked.

stevieray
01-10-2005, 07:17 PM

This is how we beat the Colts this year. Slowed them down just enough in the first half.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:18 PM
reduced smack again?

Are you insecure? because every time the broncos lose, you always come HERE to the Chiefs board, to prove how much sand you collected over the weekend.

It just eats you up inside to know that you are and have been as medicore as the Chiefs. That's why you come here and puff out your chest and pretend you're in the audience of a Jerry Springer show, so you can feel better about your MEDIOCRE season and bruised ego. Get anew gig, GB, this one is played out.

I would expect weak smack like this if I were at the Invesco board.

I've rarely been here this season because I didn't think it proper to beat you guys over the head when you started 1 and whatever. I wasn't here because largely...the Chiefs didn't factor in...but whatever...8-8 vs 10-6 LOL....one is average...one is above average. One is mediocre once isn't as so.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM

ROFL...I tried.

stevieray
01-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I've rarely been here this season because I didn't think it proper to beat you guys over the head when you started 1 and whatever. I wasn't here because largely...the Chiefs didn't factor in...but whatever...8-8 vs 10-6 LOL....one is average...one is above average. One is mediocre once isn't as so.

Above average football teams dont lose the game in the first half, two years in a row.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
This is how we beat the Colts this year. Slowed them down just enough in the first half.

And the Almighty Manning is just like any other QB: if you can get CONSISTENT pressure, they'll play like poop...

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 07:22 PM

Eh, it was good at times. Other times it disappeared.

I'd say it's slightly above average. We had 2 more sacks than the Donks and that place was whining about their pass rush all season long.

Getting a bookend to complement Allen will go a LONG way towards making it a good to great pass rush. A linebacker that can rush the passer wouldn't hurt either.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Above average football teams dont lose the game in the first half, two years in a row.

As good as they Colts are...please...We're a good team...we won 10 games and made the playoffs.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
And the Almighty Manning is just like any other QB: if you can get CONSISTENT pressure, they'll play like poop...
and that's our problem. Didn't get to the guy all day

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 07:50 PM
As good as they Colts are...please...We're a good team...we won 10 games and made the playoffs.

Survey says...you won 9 games and were handed a 10th.

Garcia Bronco
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM

Still won 10 bitchness...call it what you want.

Frazod
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM

Let's not forget the obligatory couple of home games they shouldn't win but do because of altitude exhaustion.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Let's not forget the obligatory couple of home games they shouldn't win but do because of altitude exhaustion.

Please don't discount the cheating... that's way more useful than thin air.

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Exactly ... they didn't do that in either playoff game.

Denver's issues lie in two areas and I will say this until they read my comments and fix them ... :) ... TE and Pass Rush.

Frazod
01-10-2005, 08:01 PM

Good point. :)

Rausch
01-10-2005, 08:26 PM

Pshaw....I never got altitude sickness because some guy hid a king up his shirt sleeve...

2bikemike
01-10-2005, 09:40 PM

Wow that made me laugh!

2bikemike
01-10-2005, 09:41 PM

Nice point!

Mile High Mania
01-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Nice point!

Sure, it's valid... but, it happens all the time. Denver might have had 11 wins last year, had they not rested the starters vs Green Bay in week 17. Comes around goes around...

Rausch
01-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Sure, it's valid... but, it happens all the time. Denver might have had 11 wins last year, had they not rested the starters vs Green Bay in week 17. Comes around goes around...

It does huh?

Then why the **** haven't we won a playoff game in ten ****ing years!?! :cuss:

Count Zarth
01-10-2005, 11:20 PM
It does huh?

Then why the **** haven't we won a playoff game in ten ****ing years!?! :cuss:

Injuries.

Rausch
01-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Injuries.

Injuries are a contributing factor, not an excuse...

roman gnome
01-10-2005, 11:40 PM
I`ve been screaming for a pass rush since..

`efin Simon Fletcher left!

Do they listen? O`hell no.

alanm
01-11-2005, 12:25 AM

That's what's funny...Ding!! Fries are done. ROFL

alanm
01-11-2005, 12:34 AM
If trent green and Priest holmes turned the ball over in their own redzone...it would make the KC defense look bad too....but in reality....it's on the offense for not taking care of the ball.That in a nutshell is why we didn't beat them last January. And a few dropped TD passes. Hell, we should have beat them by 3 TD's.:banghead:

stumppy
01-11-2005, 12:41 AM
That in a nutshell is why we didn't beat them last January. And a few dropped TD passes. Hell, we should have beat them by 3 TD's.:banghead:

Damn you, I almost had that one buried deep enough in my memory .

:cuss:

the Talking Can
01-11-2005, 04:56 AM

That's what's funny...

that IS funny....

the Talking Can
01-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Shanahan, however, is in love with his quarterback. He spent a good five minutes praising him Monday. The Broncos must pay him $6 million on March 1 to keep him under his current contract, and Shanahan said that was all but a done deal.

"He handled pressure extremely well and that's what quarterbacks are asked to do," Shanahan said. "

wow....the denial is strong with that one, yes

Plummber is the poster child for choking on the playoffs. People in Indonesia heard him choking and thought it was another tsunami.

Shanahan makes DV look sane.