PDA

View Full Version : TV: "Good Eats" w/ Alton Brown

Archie F. Swin
01-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Best show on TV. 6pm CST Food Network.

Where many cooking shows feature cooks or chefs who break into TV, Alton Brown is a TV guy who broke into cooking.

we now return you to your regular planetood....

Calcountry
01-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Best show on TV. 6pm CST Food Network.

Where many cooking shows feature cooks or chefs who break into TV, Alton Brown is a TV guy who broke into cooking.

we now return you to your regular planetood....
I love that show.

Its like, cooking for dummies. Considering what a dummy I am, it is nice to have someone on TV who cooks in such a way that makes such a dumbass as me, think, Hey, I could do that.

Ultra Peanut
01-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Only Good Eats can make me watch an episode about food products I find wholly unappealing. Alton Brown rules.

Calcountry
01-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Only Good Eats can make me watch an episode about food products I find wholly unappealing. Alton Brown rules.
He is cool in the American version of Iron Chef as well.

:thumb:

dtebbe
01-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I remember he did a show on oats one time. They looked so good on there I had to try them again, and now we eat them 4 or 5 times a month. Good ones take longer to cook, but they are pretty tasty and very good for you.

DT

siberian khatru
01-11-2005, 10:14 PM
I hate beets. But he did a show on cooking beets that actually made me want to try the recipe, it looked so good.

bkkcoh
01-11-2005, 10:16 PM
I love that show.

Its like, cooking for dummies. Considering what a dummy I am, it is nice to have someone on TV who cooks in such a way that makes such a dumbass as me, think, Hey, I could do that.

Not to mention, it is also a chemistry lesson... :clap: 2 for the price of 1....

dtebbe
01-11-2005, 11:39 PM
I hate beets. But he did a show on cooking beets that actually made me want to try the recipe, it looked so good.

I saw that one too, and I think I've only seen it like 3 or 4 times. I like pickled beets, but cooked ones, for the most part, I can do without.

DT

Delano
01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
I like Good Eats as well and think Alton Brown is great host.

I also saw a advertisement for a new Iron Chef America. I wish they would stop trying to imitate the original.

Gaz
01-12-2005, 06:56 AM
http://www.altonbrown.com/

I bought Mrs. Gaz an AB salt cellar from his site.

xoxo~
Gaz
“Good Eats” fan.

MichaelH
01-12-2005, 07:04 AM
I find Alton Brown very entertaining. I first became a fan when I saw him do a brine turkey for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was like a chemistry lesson. I decided to try it for myself. The turkey turned out great and I try to watch him whenever I get a chance.

mlyonsd
01-12-2005, 07:06 AM
Alton Brown rules. Even my 9 year old likes to watch him. He explains the scientific reasoning behind cooking.

And, he's pretty funny. When he dressed up like a 500 year old Scotsman and made haggis I about busted a gut laughing.

the Talking Can
01-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Alton Brown is the Bob Ross of cooking (only cooler 'cause of the chemistry). I can't change the channel if he comes on.

The episode where he smoked a Salmon in a cardboard box in a hotel room was great.

MichaelH
01-12-2005, 07:40 AM
The episode where he smoked a Salmon in a cardboard box in a hotel room was great.

That was a great one too. I'd love to try it, if only I could catch a wild salmon.

Alton deFlat
01-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Yea, Alton Brown is great. His, is probably my favorite show on the Food Network. I also like Giada de Laurentiis. She cooks too.

Ultra Peanut
01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
The episode where he smoked a Salmon in a cardboard box in a hotel room was great.That was awesome.

dtebbe
01-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Alton Brown rules. Even my 9 year old likes to watch him. He explains the scientific reasoning behind cooking.

And, he's pretty funny. When he dressed up like a 500 year old Scotsman and made haggis I about busted a gut laughing.

Damn! I saw that episode too! I know I have not watched that show very often, and you guys are all mentioning episodes I have seen. I would have loved to see the salmon smoking episode. That sounds cool as hell.

DT

BIG_DADDY
01-12-2005, 10:33 AM
I like that show the guy is pretty damn funny. I also like Emeril and the Iron Chef. I occasionally watch the naked chef and I used to watch Molto Mario, they must have moved it to a time when I don't watch now. I also like any of Bobby Flay's grilling shows during the summer. Rachel Ray is fun to watch no matter what show she is on, I don't know what it is about that girl that makes you want to lay the pipe to her, it must be the way she goes mmmmmmmm every time she sticks something in her mouth.

the Talking Can
01-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I like that show the guy is pretty damn funny. I also like Emeril and the Iron Chef. I occasionally watch the naked chef and I used to watch Molto Mario, they must have moved it to a time when I don't watch now. I also like any of Bobby Flay's grilling shows during the summer. Rachel Ray is fun to watch no matter what show she is on, I don't know what it is about that girl that makes you want to lay the pipe to her, it must be the way she goes mmmmmmmm every time she sticks something in her mouth.

She gives off an "I'm so innocent" vibe.....chum in the water.

BIG_DADDY
01-12-2005, 12:20 PM
She gives off an "I'm so innocent" vibe.....chum in the water.

Makes you want to blow a load right on her chops. Wonder if any of those FoodTV guys are hittin that.

Calcountry
01-12-2005, 12:28 PM
http://www.altonbrown.com/

I bought Mrs. Gaz an AB salt cellar from his site.

xoxo~
Gaz
“Good Eats” fan.

Kosher salt.

Calcountry
01-12-2005, 12:29 PM
I find Alton Brown very entertaining. I first became a fan when I saw him do a brine turkey for Thanksgiving a few years ago. It was like a chemistry lesson. I decided to try it for myself. The turkey turned out great and I try to watch him whenever I get a chance.
They replayed that this year, so I did it for Christmas, that is what got me hooked on his show. :thumb:

He is more than a cook, he is a food educator. :thumb:

Calcountry
01-12-2005, 12:30 PM

On the Turkey episode, when the guy in the Turkey truck says, "Don't make me get out of this truck!!" to Uncle Morty, My 8 year old busts up laughing.

Calcountry
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
She is always smiling. :thumb:

Delano
01-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Makes you want to blow a load right on her chops. Wonder if any of those FoodTV guys are hittin that.

Sometimes I wonder if she would let out one of those cute little giggles that she is famous for after you splooged in her eyelashes.

BIG_DADDY
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Sometimes I wonder if she would let out one of those cute little giggles that she is famous for after you splooged in her eyelashes.

Followed by one of those long mmmmmmmmmmm's as she pulls her finger out of her mouth. GREAT, now I'm getting wood at work thinking about it.

AZORChiefFan
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM

Yep I did the brine this past Thanksgiving and it came out great. Also got to make it for the family in KC at Xmas. Turkey was amazing both times. So it looks like I will be the 'turkey' guy from now on.

AZORChiefFan
01-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Rachel Ray looks cute and innocent but it just seems forced to me. Like she's actually a complete Martha Stewart K*nt in disguise. I always picturing her after they go to commercial just yelling at her crew.

Baby Lee
01-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Followed by one of those long mmmmmmmmmmm's as she pulls her finger out of her mouth. GREAT, now I'm getting wood at work thinking about it.
Uhhh, this is awkward. I'm gonna walk. . . gonna walk this situation off. And I will see you later.