PDA

View Full Version : Tough week for Keith Langford

Lzen
01-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Published Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Langford home hit by burglary
The Capital-Journal
Not only did Kansas guard Keith Langford suffer a concussion in the final two minutes of the Jayhawks' win at Kentucky, his mother returned to their home in Fort Worth, Texas, to find it had been burglarized.

It was reported that two Final Four rings, two Big 12 championship rings, as well as watches from the NCAA Tournament and Preseason NIT were among belongings that were missing from the home. The burglar entered between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Sunday, according to Langford's mother, Charlene Taylor.

"Those rings, I mean, that's stuff that I worked real hard for," Langford told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "They can't be replaced. That's what has me real upset."

Langford also told the paper he suspected the burglar was aware the house was empty and knew who lived there. "I don't believe someone just stumbled into it," he said. "My family has lived down there for a long time, and everyone there knows us. I'm sure it was someone who knows me and saw an opportunity."

Langford was not allowed to speak Tuesday with media who regularly cover KU. He was placed off-limits after making an innocuous comment critical of the officiating in KU's win over Texas A&M on Jan. 5.

The Big 12 was alerted of the remark and instructed KU to reprimand Langford. The conference has since issued a release supporting the actions taken by KU, which has indefinitely placed Langford off-limits to the media.

Link (http://hawkzone.cjonline.com/stories/011205/haw_lanford.shtml)

Ari Chi3fs
01-12-2005, 09:15 AM
man that sucks... i know he is close to his mom, but yo... keep that shit in your possession or in a lock box... or hidden in your dorm...

bummer man... hopefully he can get a championship ring in April.

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2005, 09:16 AM
That really sucks. He should have kept those in a safe deposit box or something.

The NCAA can't replace the rings???

Lzen
01-12-2005, 09:28 AM
That really sucks. He should have kept those in a safe deposit box or something.

The NCAA can't replace the rings???

Good question. I'm not sure how that works. Surely, this isn't the only time something like this has ever happened. Even if they did give him replacement rings, he would always know they weren't the same ones. I think the thing they have to hope for is for the police to recover the stolen items.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Smart burglar.

Bearcat
01-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Smart burglar.

Wait until they show up on eBay...

Scaga
01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
It was probably one of those :mizzou: fans.
Worthless pieces of $hit... :p

Bearcat
01-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Instead of making/bumping another thread (you're welcome, Cochise :p ).....

From today's KC Star......

Simien, Kansas' leader in points and rebounds, went through his most extensive practice Tuesday since tearing ligaments in his left thumb on Dec. 18. Jayhawks coach Bill Self said the All-American candidate has been fitted with a splint that shouldn't cause him much problems during games.

“There's a chance he could play, but we're going to wait and see,” Self said shortly before boarding the team bus to Ames. “(Tuesday) was the first day he has done anything. It wasn't really contact stuff, but at least he was in there. We told everyone not to hit him. Right now I would say he's doubtful.”

Still, more than any time since Simien sustained his injury, Self seemed encouraged about the progress of his star forward. Simien was not made available to reporters Tuesday.

• Self said guard Keith Langford — KU's second leading scorer — will probably play despite suffering a severe concussion against Kentucky. Langford didn't practice Tuesday but did manage to get in some light jogging and shooting exercises.

• Forward Christian Moody is doubtful because of an ankle sprain. “He can barely walk right now,” Self said.

• Forward C.J. Giles boarded the bus wearing an orthopedic boot on his right foot. Giles didn't give any specifics regarding the injury, saying only that it wasn't anything serious.

• Self said backup guard Russell Robinson, who missed the second half of the Kentucky game with a scratched cornea, will play against Iowa State.

• Forward Sasha Kaun underwent successful root canal surgery Monday and won't miss any action.

DaKCMan AP
01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
• Forward Sasha Kaun underwent successful root canal surgery Monday and won't miss any action.

ROFL

royr17
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Smart burglar.

STFU man, we talking about a Jayhawk here and anybody who has anything bad to say about a Jayhawk I have to kick there ass.

Brock
01-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Smart burglar.

Yeah. Genius. He hauled off a bunch of stuff he won't even be able to sell without everyone knowing it's stolen.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah. Genius. He hauled off a bunch of stuff he won't even be able to sell without everyone knowing it's stolen.

Black Market. There are tons of alternative ways to sell stolen goods. Who says he's going to sell it anyway? Maybe he was making off with the DVD player and thought it would look nice on his finger.

Tell you what, if they arrest the guy, you can choose my username for the next year.

BTW Roy, every player on the Jayhawks sucks.

royr17
01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Black Market. There are tons of alternative ways to sell stolen goods. Who says he's going to sell it anyway? Maybe he was making off with the DVD player and thought it would look nice on his finger.

Tell you what, if they arrest the guy, you can choose my username for the next year.

Whatever dude. At least I do have one thing to say they got more talent and are gonna make more money then you and I ever will.

Brock
01-12-2005, 03:05 PM

I would choose "Not here at all anymore".

Bearcat
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM

:spock:

If you're going to push buttons, at least make it entertaining :shake: