PDA

View Full Version : Harrington available?????

vckcchiefs04
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3317286
How would Joey look in Red & Gold? :hmmm:

Cochise
01-12-2005, 03:04 PM
How would Joey look in Red & Gold? :hmmm:

Like a backup

Mile High Mania
01-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Doubt he goes anywhere for a backup gig... much less a place like KC, where Trent still has 3-4 solid years left. JH wouldn't see the time of day behind Green and wouldn't dare waste 3-4 of his prime years on the bench.

Chiefnj
01-12-2005, 03:06 PM
he's really not that good. A bust as the third pick in the draft.

vckcchiefs04
01-12-2005, 03:07 PM
I think I would like him behind Trent learning the ropes of a good offense, and then turn it over to a "EXPERIENCED STARTING) QB after Trent retires. Better than Collins or Huard I think. :thumb:

chiefscafan
01-12-2005, 03:09 PM
for the right deal i'd be all for it I think he is stuck on a bad detroit team with our line giving him time he could look good.

Mile High Mania
01-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Will never happen.

Tuckdaddy
01-12-2005, 03:16 PM
He hasn't been giv'in a fair chance yet. They should restructure his deal and keep him not let him go. They have had a bad defense, poor offensive line, and injuries at WR for two seasons. That's not fair to him.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Doubt he goes anywhere for a backup gig... much less a place like KC, where Trent still has 3-4 solid years left. JH wouldn't see the time of day behind Green and wouldn't dare waste 3-4 of his prime years on the bench.

I think Trent will retire after next season.

Nightfyre
01-12-2005, 03:18 PM
poor offensive line
This is Harringtons main problem. If you watch the games, you will notice McMahon is more successful because of his scrambling abilities. Harrington isnt a scrambler and thus suffers to the above ailment.

InChiefsHell
01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Screw that! We need defense...spend our money there!! Draft a QBOTF, let Trent teach a rookie...

...meanwhile, concentrate on buying DB's and such...

vckcchiefs04
01-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Will never happen.
We all know this.......... but let's pretend we have a front office that actually has made good moves and cared about winning all the time. Would Harrington be a nice looking future after Trent is done? By the way..... I don't see Trent going more than two more years, he is starting to get hit way to often, and he has been very lucky on the injury front.

shaneo69
01-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Sherm Lewis sounds bitter about being forced out. I guess he feels like Joey cost him his job. But it's a little petty to send letters to the owner saying they'll never win with Harrington.

Sounds to me like it's a bigger possibility that they'll cut him after the '05 season, when the cap hit will be more palatable.

I don't think he's a good fit for the West Coast dink and dunk offense that Mariucci runs. Charles Rogers has been hurt two years in a row, they finally got a running threat midway through this season, and their best WR was also a rookie. How much was Harrington's fault?

Maybe Mariucci will draft Aaron Rodgers from Mooch's old stomping ground (Cal) and groom him to take over next year.

Chiefnj
01-12-2005, 03:24 PM
This is Harringtons main problem. If you watch the games, you will notice McMahon is more successful because of his scrambling abilities. Harrington isnt a scrambler and thus suffers to the above ailment.

Do they really have a bad line. KC, one of the best lines in the league gave up 32 sacks this year while Detroit gave up 37. It doesn't seem like that many.

Nightfyre
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Do they really have a bad line. KC, one of the best lines in the league gave up 32 sacks this year while Detroit gave up 37. It doesn't seem like that many.
He gets hit a lot more....

Mile High Mania
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
We all know this.......... but let's pretend we have a front office that actually has made good moves and cared about winning all the time. Would Harrington be a nice looking future after Trent is done? By the way..... I don't see Trent going more than two more years, he is starting to get hit way to often, and he has been very lucky on the injury front.

I know where you were going ... I said that b/c I don't think he would go to KC with the notion of being a bench QB for the next 3 years.

shaneo69
01-12-2005, 03:27 PM

They have some solid starters in Backus, MacDougle, Woody, and Raiola. I think maybe Harrington's lack of scrambling ability may have cost them some sacks.

vckcchiefs04
01-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Harrington:
yards=3047 attempts=489 comps=274 comp%=56 TD=19 INT=12
Rating=77.5 Sacked=36

Green:
yards=4591 attempts=556 comps=369 comp%=66 TD=27 INT=17
Rating=95.2 Sacked=32

Seems like Trent had a lot more time from his line to put up much better numbers...... lord knows Harrington had better athletes for recievers on his team, other than Tony G. Give Harrington the protection our line would give and I think he would be very good here.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 04:05 PM
I know where you were going ... I said that b/c I don't think he would go to KC with the notion of being a bench QB for the next 3 years.

I'm telling you, when Vermeil goes, Trent goes.

Brock
01-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I don't know why anyone would be impressed with Harrington. A veteran QB who went 5 for 22 against the Packers is pretty much a stiff, IMO.

Mile High Mania
I'm telling you, when Vermeil goes, Trent goes.

Well, if that happens... KC is staring at 5 win seasons.

Count Alex's Losses
Well, if that happens... KC is staring at 5 win seasons.

Depends who replaces Trent.

Cochise
01-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Depends who replaces Trent.

You're on crack.

He's the best QB we've had under center since Dawson, and you know how long it took to find a worthy replacement for Leonard.

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Dicky V wanted Harrington when he was drafted, but the Lions selected him before us and we traded up for Ryan "Next Warren Sapp" Sims.

Brock
01-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey Dicky V wanted Harrington when he was drafted, but the Lions selected him before us and we traded up for Ryan "Next Warren Sapp" Sims.

Not that it makes any difference, but Vermeil got the guy he wanted.

The Harrington issue sparked an interesting debate in the organization between one faction led by Vermeil, who wanted the Chiefs to select a defensive player, and president/general manager Carl Peterson, who believed the chance to acquire a potential franchise quarterback might be too good to pass up.

ROYC75
01-12-2005, 05:59 PM
This is III under dads name, but I think we need to pick up Harrington he's still young and he aint bad but not great and give him some time to learn under a good QB coach and get his technique right and he should turn into a pretty good QB, so I think we should really take a shot at this guy.

Take it for what its worth.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 06:06 PM
You're on crack.

He's the best QB we've had under center since Dawson, and you know how long it took to find a worthy replacement for Leonard.

Why am I on crack for thinking Green will leave when Vermeil leaves?

I wasn't disputing Green's greatness as a KC Chiefs QB. Not even remotely. He's awesome and I love him.

Brock
01-12-2005, 06:14 PM

You have provided zero evidence of any kind that Green is even thinking of quitting. That's why you're on crack.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
You have provided zero evidence of any kind that Green is even thinking of quitting. That's why you're on crack.

Why would Green stay when Vermeil leaves? Plus, when that happens, he's going to be nearing 36 years of age.

Sounds like a logical possiblity to me.

nychief
01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
What about McMahon for our Backup?

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 06:20 PM
What about McMahon for our Backup?

NO

Brock
01-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Why would Green stay when Vermeil leaves?

Why would Green leave when Vermeil leaves? As for his age, he is playing better now than he ever has in his entire career. Crackhead.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Why would Green leave when Vermeil leaves? As for his age, he is playing better now than he ever has in his entire career. Crackhead.

It's not just Vermeil, although it's a large part of it. Vermeil leaves, guys like Roaf and Shields and Richardson and Holmes will go too. Green isn't going to want to stick around and get pummeled during a rebuilding process.

nychief
01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
It's not just Vermeil, although it's a large part of it. Vermeil leaves, guys like Roaf and Shields and Richardson and Holmes will go too. Green isn't going to want to stick around and get pummeled during a rebuilding process.

I don't think he wants to play for another team. I also don't think the world is going to fall to apart when we lose Dick -

Ralphy Boy
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
He gets hit a lot more....

Harrington gets hit a lot because, as has been said many times in the past, his pocket awareness isn't what it should be. This wasn't the case when he was in college as he was regarded as a player then who easily eluded the rush and got outside the pocket to make plays. His quick release then was also a positive that hasn't translated to the pro's. Or at least the WCO, which most say Joey has had difficulty picking up the WCO anyway. It could be that he'd be fine in our O, but who knows.

nychief
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
NO

That is the biggest no ever. I will never want McMahon as a backup again.

Count Alex's Losses
01-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't think he wants to play for another team. I also don't think the world is going to fall to apart when we lose Dick -

I think he'll retire.

royr17
01-12-2005, 09:37 PM
I think he'll retire.

I think you are right Gochiefs.

Kerberos
01-12-2005, 09:41 PM

I wasn't disputing Green's greatness He's awesome and I love him.

Have you told your priest about this ???

I bet Trents wife doesn't know you have this fixation with her husband!

:hmmm:

Cliff

FRCDFED
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
IMO, the Lions have two potential QBOTF with Harrington and McMahon. I would take either one to groom for the future. Harrington clearly needs more protections than McMahon so I would prefer McMahon of the two.

Kerberos
01-12-2005, 09:55 PM
IMO, the Lions have two potential QBOTF with Harrington and McMahon. I would take either one to groom for the future. Harrington clearly needs more protections than McMahon so I would prefer McMahon of the two.

Jim McMahon ??? I didn't know he was still available to play???

Wouldn't he be like signing Chris Chandler !!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Actually I really don't know what McMahon you are talking about??

:)

Cliff

FRCDFED
01-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Jim McMahon ??? I didn't know he was still available to play???

Wouldn't he be like signing Chris Chandler !!

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Actually I really don't know what McMahon you are talking about??

:)

Cliff
uhh.........that would be Mike McMahon :p

Kerberos
01-12-2005, 10:05 PM
uhh.........that would be Mike McMahon :p

Is he a backup for someone cause I remember seeing the name but I can't picture the team he was playing for???

Kerberos
01-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Doh ... just saw it was Detroit!