PDA

View Full Version : Going on 1st date in 13 years. How have the rules changed?

chris
01-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Recently divorced.

Been to numerous lunch dates. Lunch dates are safe, cause in a hour you go back to work. Didn't like any of them anyway.

This new woman may be different. We've spent 10-20 hours on the phone and I'm going to Vegas to meet her where she is attending a trade show.

I have tickets to a show. Plus we'll go somewhere to dinner. I would prefer not a buffet.

SOOOOOOOOO, what has changed?

Small bunch of flowers still acceptable?

Ladies, what is the cologne of choice?

What are the things to do, not do, say, not say??

thanks

SBK
01-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Girls like it now if you slap them on the butt and ask them "who's your daddy?"

TheNextStep
01-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Before I got married, I discovered to my surprise that girls no longer expect you to bring them flowers when you pick them up for a date. I was going to take a girl out and I mentioned to of my friends (both girls) that I had to run to the florist. They both thought I was completely out of my mind.

You know what else I learned though? I learned not to listen to those two, bought the flowers anyway, and the girl I was taking out was absolutely bowled over by it. I never failed to take flowers on the first date after that.

Of course, I haven't been on a date in 8 years, so that may have changed, too... but I'd bet most women would still appreciate it.

RedNeckRaider
01-13-2005, 12:41 AM
It is a trip! went through the same thing. Being a gentleman still seems to work. However be prepared things have changed! women will walk up and ask you to dance, or walk up and give you their phone number or ask you for yours. It is a different game nowdays.

J Diddy
01-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Before I got married, I discovered to my surprise that girls no longer expect you to bring them flowers when you pick them up for a date. I was going to take a girl out and I mentioned to of my friends (both girls) that I had to run to the florist. They both thought I was completely out of my mind.

You know what else I learned though? I learned not to listen to those two, bought the flowers anyway, and the girl I was taking out was absolutely bowled over by it. I never failed to take flowers on the first date after that.

Of course, I haven't been on a date in 8 years, so that may have changed, too... but I'd bet most women would still appreciate it.

Find out first if she is tree hugging hippy that would object to the cruel treatment of flowers just for the simple delight of woman on the first date.

She could go insane, and well then you probably won't score. Which is the goal.

Never lose sight of the goal.

Phobia
01-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Just relax, be yourself, and have a good time. Wear whatever cologne you normally wear, if any. If you've already spent a lot of time on the phone with her, you're a leg up on anybody else going on a first date because you kinda know her. Keep it simple - no need to go overboard on flowers or candy - I think a first date woman would be equally impressed with the simplicity of a solitary flower.

There's absolutely no reason to be nervous. If this one isn't right for you, you move on to the next one.

Do you get nervous trying on shoes? Same concept.

Ari Chi3fs
01-13-2005, 01:13 AM
dont go to any firehouses... and definately dont get a tour of the firehouse.... and dont listen to the band Firehouse...

Ari Chi3fs
01-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Do you get nervous trying on shoes? Same concept.

well, what if he wears velcro shoes?

TheNextStep
01-13-2005, 01:16 AM
dont go to any firehouses... and definately dont get a tour of the firehouse.... and dont listen to the band Firehouse...
What if she literally catches on fire?

Phobia
01-13-2005, 01:17 AM

ROFL who was that guy?

Miles
01-13-2005, 01:18 AM
Where is Slayer when you need him?

Phobia
01-13-2005, 01:19 AM
well, what if he wears velcro shoes?

Velcro shoes? Hell, if he's wearing velcro shoes, there's nothing at all to worry about. There's no more sure thing than a slutty nursing home granny.

Phobia
01-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Where is Slayer when you need him?

Well done. ROFL

He's probably carefully cultivating his facial garden.

chris
01-13-2005, 01:20 AM

You remember that lunch story? You know, she has never dared called back since.

Wow. I wish I had that good of memory.

No firehouses this time.

No police stations either.

ROFL

tk13
01-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Well done. ROFL

He's probably carefully cultivating his facial garden.
Cultivating? Garden? Don't tell me he's rubbing manure on his face now....

Fairplay
01-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Theres a good thread thats in the Hall of Classics called "What do you ask the girl when you want to have sex." that might be helpful to you.

Taco John
01-13-2005, 01:43 AM
http://film.onet.pl/_i/news/duze/t/tim_meadows_1.jpg

"Might I suggest you do it in the butt..."

/in before Endelt

Ari Chi3fs
01-13-2005, 01:44 AM
ROFL who was that guy?

i think his name was chris.

TheNextStep
01-13-2005, 01:53 AM

/in before Endelt

Are you suggesting that he should do her in the butt... or that she should do her in the butt before ENDelt does?

grandllama
01-13-2005, 01:54 AM
It is a trip! went through the same thing. Being a gentleman still seems to work. However be prepared things have changed! women will walk up and ask you to dance, or walk up and give you their phone number or ask you for yours. It is a different game nowdays.

That it is... i'm going through it right now after six years off the market as well... I DJ for college girls who seem to actually go for the 'who's your daddy' shit mentioned earlier, but when I date in my age group, the flowers are still the easiest path to the promised land...

Ari Chi3fs
01-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Are you suggesting that he should do her in the butt... or that she should do her in the butt before ENDelt does?

ROFL

or pull a train with ENDelt and some ho?

Pants
01-13-2005, 01:56 AM
ROFL

or pull a train with ENDelt and some ho?

Hahahahahaha.

SPchief
01-13-2005, 02:07 AM

/in before Endelt

haven't you heard? Endelt isn't drinkin anymore :rolleyes:

lame atempt at cross thread humor

grandllama
01-13-2005, 02:15 AM

Did he quit again? Another chick or money issues this time?

Fairplay
01-13-2005, 02:21 AM

He quit drinking until the next beer is open.

Phobia
01-13-2005, 02:23 AM
That it is... i'm going through it right now after six years off the market as well... I DJ for college girls who seem to actually go for the 'who's your daddy' shit mentioned earlier, but when I date in my age group, the flowers are still the easiest path to the promised land...

Holy crap. What happened to twins and marriage? Damn. Should I STFU or is this your way of telling us....

Taco John
01-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Boy... I could sure use a beer right now...

chiefsfolife
01-13-2005, 04:06 AM
i dunno how was back then but all u gotta do is buy her a few drinks and get ready to pound it

Otter
01-13-2005, 06:24 AM
SOOOOOOOOO, what has changed?

Small bunch of flowers still acceptable?

Ladies, what is the cologoe of choice?

What are the things to do, not do, say, not say??

Unless you're picking her up at her place and she could put them in the house, skip the flowers. She'll be lugging them around all day and they'll get ruined or lost.

Always have 3 funny or interesting stories for lags in conversation.

Jeez, I don't think I could ever go on a date in Vegas. I'd wander off within 15 minutes and find myself at a blackjack or roulette table sipping a Tanqueray and tonic.

Good luck! :thumb:

Bob Dole
01-13-2005, 06:35 AM
Bob Dole hasn't been enjoying much success with the dating thing and while thinking about it yesterday, Bob Dole had a revelation. Bob Dole believes that any question pertaining to the mysteries of women and dating can be deciphered by implementing Pig Latin.

Bob Dole was pondering the age-old question of whether women prefer a bad boy or a nice guy, and contemplating whether Bob Dole might be better served by being more of a jackass in real life. The nice guy thing sure hasn't been paying off with any sort of regularity, and as hard as it may be to believe, Bob Dole is a fairly nice guy when he's not posting here.

So as Bob Dole mulled over the reasons why being a nice guy might not be the best strategy, it suddenly came to Bob Dole.

If you translate "nice guy" to Pig Latin, it's ice-nay uy-GAY.

Saulbadguy
01-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Let her pay. Women are liberated these days, and like that sort of thing.

Skip Towne
01-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Bob Dole hasn't been enjoying much success with the dating thing and while thinking about it yesterday, Bob Dole had a revelation. Bob Dole believes that any question pertaining to the mysteries of women and dating can be deciphered by implementing Pig Latin.

Bob Dole was pondering the age-old question of whether women prefer a bad boy or a nice guy, and contemplating whether Bob Dole might be better served by being more of a jackass in real life. The nice guy thing sure hasn't been paying off with any sort of regularity, and as hard as it may be to believe, Bob Dole is a fairly nice guy when he's not posting here.

So as Bob Dole mulled over the reasons why being a nice guy might not be the best strategy, it suddenly came to Bob Dole.

If you translate "nice guy" to Pig Latin, it's ice-nay uy-GAY.
Yeah, start being even more of a prick than usual. Good plan!

TEX
01-13-2005, 07:53 AM
I would go into it without a plan and let things develop. If you start thinking about "rules" and everything else, you're putting way more pressure on the situation.

chief husker
01-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Women liked to be spanked. Hard. Oh, and during oral, keep your hand on her head. They like that. Good luck.

stevieray
01-13-2005, 08:08 AM
The roles are reversed.

You're the girl now.

MichaelH
01-13-2005, 08:13 AM
I haven't dated since 1991. I've been with the same girl since then. I think I'd be lost if I had to be single again.

My advice is be yourself. If she doesn't like you the way you are, it won't work in the long run. Why waste the time?

Fire Me Boy!
01-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Well, my plan has always been a little bad for other guys. My first date plans have always been to completely bowl them over, so that any first date before or after will be judged by mine... on our first date, my wife and I went to the stage production of Phantom of the Opera (she was a theater major with an emphasis in music) and three years later she still talks about it. I decided before the date that even if things didn't progress I wanted her to judge other guys' dinner and a movie dates lower...

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 08:42 AM

I usually get a single rose for a first date.

You're right... they don't expect it, and they like it.

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 08:46 AM

Lies.

wutamess
01-13-2005, 08:52 AM
This one is easy:
YOU'RE meeting her in Vegas! Dude! relax and be yourself you're already in good, unless you showed her a fake pic of yourself or something like Queen Latifah in "Bringing Down the House".

cdcox
01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
I had my one and only first date in 1979 and am still married to her. These techniques may not work for you, since I must be some kind of savant.

First, when you call her on the phone and she says she is busy for the time that you asked her out, act like you are going to hang up so she has to blurt out that she would like to go out with you another time.

Then when you go to the resturaunt make sure to order a salad even if she doesn't. That way you can smear french salad dressing on your glasses while you have her undivided attention.

Next, go to the wrong theatre to see the movie, and instead end up watching the last half of some other movie instead. This shows flexibility and spontinaity.

Limit physical contact. You can hold her hand, but wait until she practically grabs yours. In these modern times, a brief goodnight kiss is also okay as long as you eventually plan to marry her.

Good luck!

Skip Towne
01-13-2005, 09:10 AM
I usually get a single rose for a first date.

You're right... they don't expect it, and they like it.
Yeah, I'm probably believing that shit. Next you'll be telling us you carry a single rose in your back pocket for when you meet the next hogette at the bar.

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I'm probably believing that shit. Next you'll be telling us you carry a single rose in your back pocket for when you meet the next hogette at the bar.

WTF do you know about dating....weren't arranged marriages the deal back in your day?

siberian khatru
01-13-2005, 09:14 AM
1st date in 13 years? Congrats -- sounds like you got a better chance of getting laid than I do with the Mrs. :deevee:

cheeeefs
01-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Well, my plan has always been a little bad for other guys. My first date plans have always been to completely bowl them over, so that any first date before or after will be judged by mine... on our first date, my wife and I went to the stage production of Phantom of the Opera (she was a theater major with an emphasis in music) and three years later she still talks about it. I decided before the date that even if things didn't progress I wanted her to judge other guys' dinner and a movie dates lower...

you prick, you're upsetting the entire effort date continuum!

I'm glad your off the market and not ruining women for other guys anymore.

BTW just a tip, victoria's secret sells a cologne called "very sexy" for men... Women go nuts over it. I was *suckered* into buying it when it came out, and I've recieved so many compliments from all types of women. One time a girl actually tried to steal my shirt for the smell. And I'm ugly as sin so it wasn't my good looks that instigated such behavior.

As far as the dating rules go, I'm not your guy.

Fire Me Boy!
01-13-2005, 09:37 AM
you prick, you're upsetting the entire effort date continuum!

I'm glad your off the market and not ruining women for other guys anymore.

BTW just a tip, victoria's secret sells a cologne called "very sexy" for men... Women go nuts over it. I was *suckered* into buying it when it came out, and I've recieved so many compliments from all types of women. One time a girl actually tried to steal my shirt for the smell. And I'm ugly as sin so it wasn't my good looks that instigated such behavior.

As far as the dating rules go, I'm not your guy.
I know, I am a prick. I only ruined a couple other with big dates like that, so not to worry.

Jenny Gump
01-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Flowers are a great touch. Don't go overboard, just a little something. As far as cologne, I love Hugo By Hugo Boss or Kenneth Cole's Reaction.

Treat her like a lady. You'll be fine. Good luck.

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Just zip that Powder Blue Leisure suit half way up, hang that Faux-gold chain on the neck, a double squirt of Hi Karate and you'll be John Holme'sing her on a waterbed before you can get the pick out of your fro.

Just be yourself, and don't try to be soap opera date ghey. The biggest difference is that alot of them will lay down quicker, with less expectations after.

Cover your stump....alot of nasties in there these days.

III, Gochiefs and Slayer are probably your best sources.

Chief Henry
01-13-2005, 09:53 AM
My God, I'm LOL after reading all of your posts. I swear, this Place could be a pretty dam good TV show, albeit cable after family hour, but it would still be a dm good piece of comedy and theatre all in one. You guys can really crack me up some times....I wonder what we could call this show?

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Be yourself like Phobia said, just don't fart. I hear that women hate that kind of thing on the 1st date.

BIG_DADDY
01-13-2005, 10:04 AM
The titty test still works.

RedNeckRaider
01-13-2005, 10:06 AM
My God, I'm LOL after reading all of your posts. I swear, this Place could be a pretty dam good TV show, albeit cable after family hour, but it would still be a dm good piece of comedy and theatre all in one. You guys can really crack me up some times....I wonder what we could call this show?
As the Planet turns and wobbles or Daze of our Lives

ROYC75
01-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Be sure to wrap the monkey if ya intend to get funky !

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Dump the flowers and the chocolates- that's for teenagers going to a dance.

Here's a foolproof plan- Show up at the door with a bottle of tequila and bring a copy of Led Zeppelin IV. Later on, when she invites you into her bedroom to show you her photo album that's when you "go for it"

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Dump the flowers and the chocolates- that's for teenagers going to a dance.

Here's a foolproof plan- Show up at the door with a bottle of tequila and bring a copy of Led Zeppelin IV. Later on, when she invites you into her bedroom to show you her photo album that's when you "go for it"

CosmicPal is my inspiration; where were you when I needed advice as a young adult?

You're becoming the Fonz of ChiefsPlanet.

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Be sure to wrap the monkey if ya intend to get funky !

Have you passed that advice onto Roy Jr. yet? :hmmm:

Wile_E_Coyote
01-13-2005, 10:34 AM
have sex with your shoes on. Then there is really no reason to hang around

jcroft
01-13-2005, 10:39 AM
I've found that, rather than flowers, bringing your date a hot young bisexual girl to play with usually gets things moving.

Then again, if you had a hot young bisexual girl handy, you probably wouldn't be going on the date.

Hrmph.

BIG_DADDY
01-13-2005, 10:41 AM
What nobody does the titty test anymore?

chris
01-13-2005, 10:45 AM

OK, I'll bite.

Please explain the Titty Test.

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 10:46 AM

I still do it. :thumb:

WTF is it, Troy? :spock:

Kerberos
01-13-2005, 10:47 AM
OK, I'll bite.

It's simple .... Just ask if you can see her breasts ..... Women really like it when you ask that ...

Especially when they have GREAT breasts to show you !

:p

Cliff

OldTownChief
01-13-2005, 10:47 AM

Cool Idea!! A show about nothing. A BB show about nothing. Haven't met enough Planeteers to cast the characters yet but I'm pretty sure TJ could play Newman. Hello Neeeewman.

BIG_DADDY
01-13-2005, 10:51 AM
OK, I'll bite.

Titty test. Once your macking down and you want to know if she is going to let you go all the way you do the titty test. If she will let you fondle her breasts she will let you have the whole package. It's a way of finding out rather quickly if your getting any.

Kerberos
01-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Titty test. Once your macking down and you want to know if she is going to let you go all the way you do the titty test. If she will let you fondle her breasts she will let you have the whole package. It's a way of finding out rather quickly if your getting any.

I gotta throw up the BS flag on that one .... I fondled the WU breast for months before she let me go all the way ..............And it wasn't for the lack of effort on my part I can assure you!

Some will and MY DIDN'T

:banghead:

Cliff

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I gotta throw up the BS flag on that one .... I fondled the WU breast for months before she let me go all the way ..............And it wasn't for the lack of effort on my part I can assure you!

Some will and MY DIDN'T

Cliff
Maybe you weren't doin' it right.

Tuckdaddy
01-13-2005, 11:03 AM
You have sex first, then you go to dinner.

jcroft
01-13-2005, 11:03 AM

Tits are boring. I tend to skip this step and go straight for the real loot.

Kerberos
01-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Maybe you weren't doin' it right.

All I can picture is the scene from Mr.Mom when Micheal Keaton is taking the kids to school and going in the wrong end of the parking area and the kids are all yelling:

"You're Doing it Wrong"

My wife has enough breast acreage to last me the rest of my life ... maybe I just didn't get around them fast enough the first few times ????

:(

Cliff

KCFalcon59
01-13-2005, 11:06 AM

Some will and MY DIDN'T

Cliff

I think size of titty makes a difference. Little titties take no time to work over. Big titties take more time.

:p:p:p

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 11:07 AM
You have sex first, then you go to dinner.
That's the way it worked last time I met a girl in Vegas.

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 11:09 AM

Generally, true. Catholic girls are sometimes an exception....some will give you the head first slide into home, then suddenly she cues Meatloaf and "STOP right there..." :banghead:

jcroft
01-13-2005, 11:10 AM
That's the way it worked last time I met a girl in Vegas.

If it doesn't work that way, I don't bother.

Kerberos
01-13-2005, 11:13 AM
I think size of titty makes a difference. Little titties take no time to work over. Big titties take more time.

:p:p:p

Mike you seen my WU and "Time" is of the essence here .... these cats have no clue !

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cliff

KCFalcon59
01-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Mike you seen my WU and "Time" is of the essence here .... these cats have no clue !

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cliff

ROFLROFLROFL

Chief Henry
01-13-2005, 11:22 AM
OK, what was that advice Ben Stiler got in the movie "Something about Mary"........

Kerberos
01-13-2005, 11:28 AM
OK, what was that advice Ben Stiler got in the movie "Something about Mary"........

Not to try and make your OWN hair gel ???

:)

Cliff

Skip Towne
01-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Cool Idea!! A show about nothing. A BB show about nothing. Haven't met enough Planeteers to cast the characters yet but I'm pretty sure TJ could play Newman. Hello Neeeewman.
Obviously you haven't seen Titus.

chris
01-13-2005, 11:32 AM

Never saw the movie.

What were the words of wisdom?

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Never saw the movie.

"Don't go into a gun fight, with an itchy trigger finger" (or something to that effect....)

Urged self-stimulation, prior to a date....so he wacks off in the bathroom, but can't find the load-until his date, Mary, uses it as "gel"

Rausch
01-13-2005, 11:35 AM
Never saw the movie.

Always tug the rugworm first.

That way, you're relaxed and not full of the "urge" when trying to make ground.

Rausch
01-13-2005, 11:37 AM
I've found that, rather than flowers, bringing your date a hot young bisexual girl to play with usually gets things moving.

Around here you'd have better luck finding Nessie in the MIssouri river...

chiefs4me
01-13-2005, 11:41 AM
If you wanna have a great first date,,don't listen to anything these guys tell you. :rolleyes: But she's already got you where she wants you anyway,, ROFL flying to meet her on the 1st date. Big mistake,,:shake:

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM
If you wanna have a great first date,,don't listen to anything these guys tell you. :rolleyes: But she's already got you where she wants you anyway,, ROFL flying to meet her on the 1st date. Big mistake,,:shake:
Eh, he's going to Vegas. If he doesn't like her, he can just ditch her and get a hooker.

chris
01-13-2005, 11:43 AM

Why mistake?

I have several biz meetings there anyway.

Rausch
01-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Eh, he's going to Vegas. If he doesn't like her, he can just ditch her and get a hooker.

Well, screw the date. There's plenty of evening-enhancing hotties out there...

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Well, screw the date.

I know that's always on my to do list.

chris
01-13-2005, 11:47 AM

I'm scared to tell her I went to Rolla. The Rolla stories of incest, St. Pats, and things sexually done to animals surely have spread to the East Coast.

Rausch
01-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm scared to tell her I went to Rolla. The Rolla stories of incest, St. Pats, and things sexually done to animals surely have spread to the East Coast.

Yeah, right. We're talking about VEGAS.

That's the after dinner entertainment...

chris
01-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah, right. We're talking about VEGAS.

That's the after dinner entertainment...

ROFL ROFL ROFL!

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
You went to UMR? I apologize if you told me before, I must've forgotten.

I'm the process of making my plans to go back for 05 Pat's right now. Woot.

Oh, I wouldn't worry. No one outside of Missouri has heard of Rolla. My coworkers are always confused why I'm going to podunk Missouri for Pat's... and they're even more worried when I return with chemical burns and broken fibulas.

Clint in Wichita
01-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Rule #1:

Never ask for dating advice on the internet. You might as well look for dental advice in the Ozarks.

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Rule #1:

Never ask for dating advice on the internet. You might as well look for dental advice in the Ozarks.

Now, now Clint....depends 'where' on the internet he's lookin'.

eharmony.com has a good rep. :hmmm:

meetahotsinglemilf.com, not so good.

ChiefsPlanet is between those two though....

ChiefsFire
01-13-2005, 12:38 PM
You remember that lunch story? You know, she has never dared called back since.

Wow. I wish I had that good of memory.

No firehouses this time.

No police stations either.

ROFL
\

chicks loveeeeeee firemen..

its a curse we must learn to live with

gblowfish
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Rule #1:

ROFL
What Clint Said. It always amuses me when CPers post threads to ask for love advice from this huge dysfunctional family. In reading thru all the posts, here's some thoughts:

Good Guy Vs. Bad Guy: I've got a friend of mine who's always had the bad boy image. His mantra was "Treat em like dirt and they'll beg to be plowed." He ended up marrying a woman doctor, and he's a trophy husband now. Guess that's OK if you're into materialism. He's basically a soccer mom. Good Guys sometimes have to search longer to find Ms. Right, but when you do find her, you can be yourself, and keep your self respect. Good guys never get their due until the eulogies at the funeral.

Flowers on Not? In Vegas I wouldn't worry about it. If you get past date #1, you can pick up clues as to what she's into. If she mentions her hobbies (collecting things -hopefully other than boyfriends-) next time a giftie is appropriate, you can buy her something she likes, WITHOUT having to be told what she likes. Very sly boots...gives the impression that you actually care.

Things not to do: Talk about your obsession with Star Trek, or Star Wars, or LOTR, or other nerdy stuff like that. Don't talk about yourself all night, or try to one up every story she tells you. And if it doesn't work out, hey, you're in Vegas. Grudge Pork some other conventioneer. Just wrap that rascal....

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 01:03 PM
"Treat em like dirt and they'll beg to be plowed."

Niiiiiice.

chris
01-13-2005, 01:08 PM
ROFL
What Clint Said. It always amuses me when CPers post threads to ask for love advice from this huge dysfunctional family. In reading thru all the posts, here's some thoughts:

Good Guy Vs. Bad Guy: I've got a friend of mine who's always had the bad boy image. His mantra was "Treat em like dirt and they'll beg to be plowed." He ended up marrying a woman doctor, and he's a trophy husband now. Guess that's OK if you're into materialism. He's basically a soccer mom. Good Guys sometimes have to search longer to find Ms. Right, but when you do find her, you can be yourself, and keep your self respect. Good guys never get their due until the eulogies at the funeral.

Flowers on Not? In Vegas I wouldn't worry about it. If you get past date #1, you can pick up clues as to what she's into. If she mentions her hobbies (collecting things -hopefully other than boyfriends-) next time a giftie is appropriate, you can buy her something she likes, WITHOUT having to be told what she likes. Very sly boots...gives the impression that you actually care.

Things not to do: Talk about your obsession with Star Trek, or Star Wars, or LOTR, or other nerdy stuff like that. Don't talk about yourself all night, or try to one up every story she tells you. And if it doesn't work out, hey, you're in Vegas. Grudge Pork some other conventioneer. Just wrap that rascal....

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Thank you for your good advice.

But wait........

The big Star Trek exhibit and rides fighting the Klingons and Borg are in Vegas.

You mean I shouldn't take her there and captivate her with my prowness of knowing the serial numbers of the ships that Caption Kirk and Picard commanded??

Or the ability to quote verbage from the various series???

THis is the true me.

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 01:14 PM
.....oh yeah.

All women like the shocker now. She might not say it, but you're supposed to do it.

KCTitus
01-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Obviously you haven't seen Titus.

LOL...while I do possess the necessary lardage, Im sans the perm. Probably more like a Norm Abrams (This Old House) w/o the coke bottle glasses.

chris
01-13-2005, 01:18 PM
.....oh yeah.

All women like the shocker now. She might now say it, but you're supposed to do it.

shocker?

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 01:19 PM
2 in the pink, 1 in the stink

2 in the cooch, 1 in the pooch

2 in the cooter, 1 in the pooter

or the SUPER-SHocker
2 in the blood 2 in the Mud

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 01:25 PM

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Of Course, it always has the possibility of ending like a kcchiefsman blind date

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Since its been a while, I have some serious help for you.

Bob Dole
01-13-2005, 01:32 PM
ROFL
What Clint Said. It always amuses me when CPers post threads to ask for love advice from this huge dysfunctional family.

His inquiry was serious?

The Pedestrian
01-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Ask her to meet you at a bar, then walk in singing (at the top of your lungs) Toby K.'s "Who's Your Daddy?"