PDA

View Full Version : Well wish me luck all...

Redcoats58
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Wish me luck. Tonight I'm playing in a mini satellite to get a seat at one of the side games of the WSOP. I believe if you win one of the side games they still give you a bracelet and quite a bit of money. If I pley well enough to get that seat and I end playing well in the side game I'm gonna put up money for the main event. :thumb:

Donger
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Wish me luck. Tonight I'm playing in a mini satellite to get a seat at one of the side games of the WSOP. I believe if you win one of the side games they still give you a bracelet and quite a bit of money. If I pley well enough to get that seat and I end playing well in the side game I'm gonna put up money for the main event. :thumb:

You're astronaut?

Cool.

beavis
01-13-2005, 04:49 PM
This has pretty much been my plan all along. Good luck.

The World Series is kind of turning into a lotto like even though. I'm not all that excited about playing in it anymore.

Cochise
01-13-2005, 04:49 PM
I have no idea how many random people in bars and elsewhere who claim to be playing for a seat in the world series of poker.

I should start one of these tournaments and get people to send me $500 each or whatever it costs to kid yourself. Hell, I might even put out pretzels.

CosmicPal
01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
You're bluffing

beavis
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I have no idea how many random people in bars and elsewhere who claim to be playing for a seat in the world series of poker.

I should start one of these tournaments and get people to send me $500 each or whatever it costs to kid yourself. Hell, I might even put out pretzels.
It's funny that you equate a bar game to actual poker.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-13-2005, 04:53 PM
World Series of Pooping?

Sicko.

stumppy
01-13-2005, 04:54 PM
You're gonna go to hell for gambling.

Cochise
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
It's funny that you equate a bar game to actual poker.

No dumbass, I didn't say anything about bar games. I mean people in a bar or in line at a restaurant or something like that, anywhere. Everyone and their dog lately is claiming that next week they are playing for their spot or some shyt. Every other person on earth will tell you they are 'playing for a seat', like they are one game from the super bowl or something. I was just saying I wish I could come up with that big of a legal pyramid scheme

RedNFeisty
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Best of Luck!

journeyscarab
01-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Remember -

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for counting when the dealing's done. :thumb:

Good luck. I am just now learning how to play myself.

Taco John
01-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I was down $3500 in chips against $200,000 on the table and fought back to win it all...

That was awesome.

beavis
01-13-2005, 05:03 PM
No dumbass, I didn't say anything about bar games. I mean people in a bar or in line at a restaurant or something like that, anywhere. Everyone and their dog lately is claiming that next week they are playing for their spot or some shyt. Every other person on earth will tell you they are 'playing for a seat', like they are one game from the super bowl or something. I was just saying I wish I could come up with that big of a legal pyramid scheme
Yeah, that's what you meant.

Moron.

Redcoats58
01-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Well it will only cost me $150 to play and if I win I can either take the $1000 prize or take the seat, I think I'll take the seat. I won $155 last night in a buddy of mines homegame anyway so it is paying for itself. How is it a legal pyramid scheme? As far as I know pyramids don't pay off, in this tournament there is only 20 people. I have a 5% chance of winning.

Demonpenz
01-13-2005, 05:09 PM
when you get eleven always double down
Just like splitting aces

Redcoats58
01-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I was down $3500 in chips against $200,000 on the table and fought back to win it all...

That was awesome.
Where was this at?

beavis
01-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Well it will only cost me $150 to play and if I win I can either take the $1000 prize or take the seat, I think I'll take the seat. I won $155 last night in a buddy of mines homegame anyway so it is paying for itself. How is it a legal pyramid scheme? As far as I know pyramids don't pay off, in this tournament there is only 20 people. I have a 5% chance of winning.
Cochise thinks since he can't win at cards, no one can. So it must all be a big scam.

Redcoats58
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
This has pretty much been my plan all along. Good luck.

The World Series is kind of turning into a lotto like even though. I'm not all that excited about playing in it anymore.
I think one of the smarter things to do is to become really good at one of the other games like 7-card stud or omaha, texas hold'em is so popular like you said it is becoming like the lottery.

Redcoats58
01-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Cochise thinks since he can't win at cards, no one can. So it must all be a big scam.
I agree

Cochise
01-13-2005, 05:24 PM

Beavis is bitter because he doesn't win any more than I do.

Bob Dole
01-13-2005, 05:50 PM
One of the local bars here started a "tournament" (some loophole in TX law) here about a month ago. To the best of Bob Dole's knowledge, the damned thing has been running 24/7 since the first day.

Not being a poker player or much of a gambler, Bob Dole hasn't paid any attention to the set-up or the results, but Bob Dole sure as **** has noticed that it's harder than hell to get a drink when the ****ing bartenders are 40 feet from the bar playing cards.

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that's what you meant.

Moron.
Well, that's what he said.

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 05:54 PM
when you get eleven always double down
Just like splitting aces
Whenever I get a 3-8 offsuit, I always wonder if the other guys at the table can see the, "I wish I were playing blackjack" look on my face.

ENDelt260
01-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Bob Dole sure as **** has noticed that it's harder than hell to get a drink when the ****ing bartenders are 40 feet from the bar playing cards.

Bob Dole should take that opportunity to become a customer of a self-service bar.

Cochise
01-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Bob Dole hasn't paid any attention to the set-up or the results, but Bob Dole sure as **** has noticed that it's harder than hell to get a drink when the ****ing bartenders are 40 feet from the bar playing cards.

One bartender just told me last week that her place was scaling the cards back to one night during the week because they didn't make any money with the place full of poker players.

This location though I can see being particularly bad about cheapasses coming in to play the free tournament, demanding that their waters and cokes be topped off all night, running up $3 tabs and not tipping.

Iowanian
01-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Iowanian will be happy to finish in the money in his $10 pokerscars game.

Cochise
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
I agree

ROFL just causing trouble. Good luck in all seriousness. You gotta wear a DT jersey or something if you get on TV :thumb:

Bob Dole
01-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Bob Dole should take that opportunity to become a customer of a self-service bar.

Don't think for a minute that it doesn't happen.

Bob Dole had an absolutely kick ass Skyy bloody mary last Sunday.

go bowe
01-13-2005, 07:08 PM
good luck and keep a straight face... :D

Bob Dole
01-13-2005, 07:10 PM
good luck and keep a straight face... :D

Yeah. That will work a lot better than his usual gay face.

(NTTAWWT.)

beavis
01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
I think one of the smarter things to do is to become really good at one of the other games like 7-card stud or omaha, texas hold'em is so popular like you said it is becoming like the lottery.
The more games you are proficient at, the more it's going to help your game in the long run. I've played stud a little, but it's a totally different beast.