PDA

View Full Version : Matt Leinart - Should he go or stay?

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Pick your option

Spicy McHaggis
01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
His stock has nowhere to go but down. If I were him I'd get paid while the gettin's good.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2005, 05:40 PM
I agree with Saint.

He's won the Heisman, National Championship and is likely to be a top 2 pick.

I would get my guaranteed cash now.

jspchief
01-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I might say no. He has an opportunity to be the only QB to win three National Titles in a row. It's really an opportunity to do something special, and the talent will definately still be there.

He can secure his future with an insurance policy.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
no insurance policy is going to cover a ruined NFL career

if he is really project to be a top 5 pick, ya gotta go

that's like 40 million dollars!!

Calcountry
01-13-2005, 05:52 PM
His stock has nowhere to go but down. If I were him I'd get paid while the gettin's good.
Couldn't have said it better.

He can improve his game AND get paid at the same time. He has nothing left to prove at the Collegiate level other than perhaps getting a free education.

jspchief
01-13-2005, 05:55 PM
no insurance policy is going to cover a ruined NFL career

if he is really project to be a top 5 pick, ya gotta go

that's like 40 million dollars!!

I don't know how big of a policy he can get, but I'm sure he could secure his future. Maybe not to the tune of 40 million, but certainly enough to live comfortably (and thats assuming it's a career ending injury).

I guees if it were me, it would be about how rich I really needed to be, weighed against the glory of being part of one of the truly great stories in the history of college sports. Besides, think of how much pussy he could pull...

siberian khatru
01-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't understand why he even needs to think about it. Go.

2bikemike
01-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Bobbie Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away
Billy Joe caught up to her the very next day
They got the money, hey
You know they got away
They headed down south and they're still running today
Singin' go on take the money and run
Go on take the money and run

OldTownChief
01-13-2005, 06:13 PM
For the average college athlete I would say "finish up your education". But for Matt I would say "after next season you will NEVER need a degree"

Brock
01-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Besides, think of how much pussy he could pull...

Not a problem for NFL players.

Deberg_1990
01-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Go Go Go Matt!!! Normally i would say stay and finish your education, but he will NEVER be as HOT as he is now. He would probably be the #1 pick coming out since Miami and San Fran both need franchise QB's. Plus it may help a great defensive pick slide even further for us! He can always go back to school in the future.

Joe Seahawk
01-13-2005, 06:29 PM
I think he should stay and go for the threepeat

Hoover
01-13-2005, 06:36 PM
He has nothing else to prove. Time to go to the show.

When Manning went back for his senior year he didn't win the heisman or a national championship, so he gave it another whirl.

Plus he is a top pick meaning a top Defensive player will drop at least one spot. I wish there were 15 can't miss QBs coming out, so we could take the best player on D

2bikemike
01-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I thought he was going to make the decision today? Did he postpone?

htismaqe
01-13-2005, 06:43 PM
There's no reason for him to stay. He's won a disputed and undisputed NC. He's won the Heisman. He's pretty much guaranteed to be the #1 overall pick.

If he stays and gets hurt, he'll end up shooting himself.

2bikemike
01-13-2005, 06:45 PM
There's no reason for him to stay. He's won a disputed and undisputed NC. He's won the Heisman. He's pretty much guaranteed to be the #1 overall pick.

If he stays and gets hurt, he'll end up shooting himself.

Yeah I would say a Blown out knee would cost him about 10 or 15 million if not more.

Cochise
01-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Why wouldn't you go? If he wants to stay for pride then go ahead.. but why risk it?