PDA

View Full Version : Are Peyton and the Colts really that good?

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 08:42 AM
This question has been brought up time and time again. The answer always seems to be yes. He won the MVP right? They are the #3 Seed in the playoffs right? Sure, but if you really look at it, they really are not as dangerous as you may think.

Durring a 10 week span, from week 4 to week 14 Manning threw for 37 touchdowns against eight teams only two of which (Jacksonville, and Minnesota)) ended up withw winning records and only one (Minnesota) made the playoffs. Durring this stretch, he historically threw pointless TD's against the 24th, 26th, 29th, 30th, and 32nd ranked passing defenses.

Bt comparison, over the same stretch of time, Brady and the Patriots faced 6 teams with winning records, 4 of which made the playoffs. Over the course of the season, Manning faced seven of the eight worst passing defenses (not including his own Colts) nine times.

Even with all the hype over the Colts high powered offense lets not forget the Patriots were the #4 Offense in the league. The Colts scored 32.6 points a game, while the Patriots scored 27.3 points per game. That is one "meaningless Manning Touchdown pass against a scrub defense" between the two teams.

I know I am a Patriots Troll/Homer but the fact is the Colts are not as good as they seem.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-14-2005, 08:52 AM
Yes, I think they are. This is a truly tight offensive unit. Their O line has to be one of the most under-rated in football. They've really got it all on the offensive side of the ball.

And unlike the Chiefs, they've actually built a defense that is generally "good enough" to stop people....at least enough to outscore them.

The Colts are what the Dick wants to Chiefs to be...even though we beat them this year. Will it be enough against the Patriots? We'll see....

cdcox
01-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Obviously none of the teams are nearly as good as they seem, except for the Patriots, who are tremendously underrated. Just ask Animorix.

Tuckdaddy
01-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Yes they are.

ct
01-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Yes, next question?

Ari Chi3fs
dude, you are going to the game right? well then the Pats cant lose, because YOU are gonna be there. case closed.

KCFalcon59
Their O line has to be one of the most under-rated in football.

Bah. The o-line is marginal at best. Manning is just quick to get rid of the ball.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Bah. The o-line is marginal at best. Manning is just quick to get rid of the ball.
Whatever. He was hardly sacked at all this year, plus they have an above average running game. Sure, the passing game has a lot to do with that. So, does the O line.

MGRS13
01-14-2005, 09:01 AM
When you say "Manning and the Colts" what you really mean is the offense of the Colts, and yes they are that good. Now that being said their defense is pretty bad,but l'll remind you if James doesn't fumble on the one yard line in the first game of the year against the P-men the Colts would have won that game. Can the Colts beat the Patriots in the razor on sunday? YES! Will they? That is still up in the air(which is exactly where the colts want it.)

ROYC75
01-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Just ask the Broncos and there top 5/10 defense ?

Hint ............ Yes they are, be afraid, very afraid !

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 09:05 AM
The Colts offense is the most explosive offense in years. They have total balance and can and have beaten good and bad defenses. Doesn't matter if they score 40+ points or 25 points. The offense is stellar.

The defense statistically ranked poorly, but they were tops in some key areas.

Are you trying to ease your mind before Sunday?

Iowanian
01-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Offensively they are. Peyton manning is a whiny nag, but he's an accurate and intelligent QB. He's protected by a quick, under rated line, has 2 very good TEs, 3WRs better than any of the Chiefs starters(imo) and a solid Running back.

I think their only weakness, like StLouis, they are a speed team, built for a dome.

The weakness is obvious...All of the money going into the offense, leaves them vulnerable on defense.

If the Pats have field conditions in their favor, produce long drives and keep the Mandingos off the field, they can win.

Put the colt O on the field much, and they'll eat your depleated CBs alive.

KCTitus
01-14-2005, 09:09 AM
NE's schedule was akin to KC's schedule last year...

Arizona, Miami 2x, San Fran, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Buffalo and KC...

Bragging about beating the NFC west's playoff teams is a joke, right?

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Whatever. He was hardly sacked at all this year, plus they have an above average running game. Sure, the passing game has a lot to do with that. So, does the O line.

He throws from the shot gun 35% of the time. Defenses that he plays against all have to play back and only rush 4 guys bcause they are scared of the deep ball. Smoke and mirrors my friends, the Colts are smoke and mirrors.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-14-2005, 09:16 AM
He throws from the shot gun 35% of the time. Defenses that he plays against all have to play back and only rush 4 guys bcause they are scared of the deep ball. Smoke and mirrors my friends, the Colts are smoke and mirrors.
It's gonna suck when you get beat by smoke and mirrors then isn't it...

:p

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 09:17 AM
When you say "Manning and the Colts" what you really mean is the offense of the Colts, and yes they are that good. Now that being said their defense is pretty bad,but l'll remind you if James doesn't fumble on the one yard line in the first game of the year against the P-men the Colts would have won that game. Can the Colts beat the Patriots in the razor on sunday? YES! Will they? That is still up in the air(which is exactly where the colts want it.)

Very true, but the Defense had a lot of new/young players that didn't know their roles on the team yet. Vince Wilfork for example was out of his element until about game 6 or 7. Colvin was still trying to get into the scheme of things. This is gonna be a dog fight.

I hope it comes down to a last second kick from Vanderjerk and he slips in the mud.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 09:21 AM
It's gonna suck when you get beat by smoke and mirrors then isn't it...

Sure, I guess

Phobia
01-14-2005, 09:45 AM
How did the colts do against the #31 Defense?

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Cad ... if it's smoke and mirrors, then sign me up.

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the top 5 offenses if you think Indy is not that great.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-14-2005, 10:15 AM
What I thought was funny was during thier Baltimore game, Ray Lewis mimicing Peyton at the line of scrimage. With a tight game who knows :shrug:

Rain Man
01-14-2005, 10:22 AM
cadmonkey is whistling in the graveyard, whistling in the graveyard.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 10:29 AM
They are good, but we all thought the same thing last year when they looked unstoppbale against both Denver and US before they played a "real" defense in the Pats. This year they wil have to play 2 "real" defenses, both on the road to get to the Super Bowl. I just dont see where they can win both of those games? Their air attack is 2nd to none, but I do feel that their ground game is decent but not great. Ive said it before I think that E james is very soft, and doesnt run with much authority anymore. He used to be explosive 4 or 5 years ago before his injury.

As for their defense, its better than last year but still not great. They will not win any hard fought defensive struggle games. They must rely on Manning to throw at least 3 TD's to win in the playoffs IMO. Until they prove they can get it down in the playoffs, the verdict is still out....

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 10:34 AM
They are good, but we all thought the same thing last year when they looked unstoppbale against both Denver and US before they played a "real" defense in the Pats. This year they wil have to play 2 "real" defenses, both on the road to get to the Super Bowl. I just dont see where they can win both of those games? Their air attack is 2nd to none, but I do feel that their ground game is decent but not great. Ive said it before I think that E james is very soft, and doesnt run with much authority anymore. He used to be explosive 4 or 5 years ago before his injury.

As for their defense, its better than last year but still not great. They will not win any hard fought defensive struggle games. They must rely on Manning to throw at least 3 TD's to win in the playoffs IMO. Until they prove they can get it down in the playoffs, the verdict is still out....

Edge isn't quite what he used to be, but he 'softly' ran for 1500+ yards, caught 51 passes for another 480 or so yards. Edge had 9 rushing TDs, but missed out on almost 4-5 more TDs this season thanks to Peyton throwing several TDs less than 4 and 5 yds. There were at least two 1 yd TD passes that I recall.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 10:38 AM
, but missed out on almost 4-5 more TDs this season thanks to Peyton throwing several TDs less than 4 and 5 yds.

Now that i wont argue with. IM sure once Manning came within striking distance of the TD record, the playcalling became more and more selfish. IM sure we were they same way last year with trying to get Priest the record.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Now that i wont argue with. IM sure once Manning came within striking distance of the TD record, the playcalling became more and more selfish. IM sure we were they same way last year with trying to get Priest the record.

He was doing it all year, not just at the end. I remember a guy in our fantasy league around week 5 cursing the name of Manning for this, as he had Edge.

Sure-Oz
01-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes definetly, they are a machine!

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Yes definetly, they are a machine!

If they beat the Pats and the Steeelers back to back, then i will most definately give them their props. Until that time they are all "flash" and no substance.....sort of like the KC Chiefs.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 10:50 AM
If they beat the Pats and the Steeelers back to back, then i will most definately give them their props. Until that time they are all "flash" and no substance.....sort of like the KC Chiefs.

I sort of see the comparison, but these are 2 road games for Indy... KC peters out at home this time of year. :)

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 10:51 AM
You'll KNOW on Monday. :D

MGRS13
01-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Very true, but the Defense had a lot of new/young players that didn't know their roles on the team yet. Vince Wilfork for example was out of his element until about game 6 or 7. Colvin was still trying to get into the scheme of things. This is gonna be a dog fight.

I hope it comes down to a last second kick from Vanderjerk and he slips in the mud.
You also had a much better secondary at that time. The pats corners are not what they were going into that game. I hope it comes down to, well the Colts blowing out the pats, sorry just sort of tired of seeing the p-men in the big game.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Cad ... if it's smoke and mirrors, then sign me up.

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on the top 5 offenses if you think Indy is not that great.

All I am saying is that there numbers are miss leading. They play the Titans, Jaguars, and Texans twice each. They also played the Bears and Lions. That pads stats as far I I am concerned.

Yes the Pats played the Doplhins twice and the Bills twice but the Bills finished the Season 9-1, and the Dolphins had a top ranked Defense.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Don't forget the Colts are only 5-3 away from the fan friendly Dome. The croud gets funeral quiet when they have the ball so Manning can do what ever he wants.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 11:05 AM
All I am saying is that there numbers are miss leading. They play the Titans, Jaguars, and Texans twice each. They also played the Bears and Lions. That pads stats as far I I am concerned.

Yes the Pats played the Doplhins twice and the Bills twice but the Bills finished the Season 9-1, and the Dolphins had a top ranked Defense.

Enh, those are just excuses... you should fear that offense with your depleted secondary, even in the cold and mud.

Against top ranked defenses in 2004:

Manning had...
256 - 2td - 1 at NE (team lost)
222 - 2td - 1 at Jags (team won - jags had a top defense)
336 - 3td - 0 vs Jags (team lost)
249 - 1td - 0 vs Balt (team won)
383 - 2td - 1 vs SD (team won)
457 - 4td - 1 vs DEN (team won)

So, I view these teams as being the tougher top rated defenses faced by the Colts. Total of 6 and they lost 2 - 1 road.

Manning tossed 14 TDs - 4 INTs in those 6 games. Not prolific, but not bad...

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Enh, those are just excuses... you should fear that offense with your depleted secondary, even in the cold and mud.

Against top ranked defenses in 2004:

Manning had...
256 - 2td - 1 at NE (team lost)
222 - 2td - 1 at Jags (team won - jags had a top defense)
336 - 3td - 0 vs Jags (team lost)
249 - 1td - 0 vs Balt (team won)
383 - 2td - 1 vs SD (team won)
457 - 4td - 1 vs DEN (team won)

So, I view these teams as being the tougher top rated defenses faced by the Colts. Total of 6 and they lost 2 - 1 road.

Manning tossed 14 TDs - 4 INTs in those 6 games. Not prolific, but not bad...

4 of those 6 games were at home, in the dead silent Dome.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 11:18 AM
4 of those 6 games were at home, in the dead silent Dome.

Anyway... I think the NE secondary will see all they want to see on Sunday.

KCTitus
01-14-2005, 11:21 AM

NE played the Bills in week 4 when they were 0-3, and later played the Bills in week 10 when buffalo was 3-6.

Included with Miami were Cleveland, Arizona, San Francisco, Cincinnati and KC

cdcox
01-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Don't forget the Colts are only 5-3 away from the fan friendly Dome. The croud gets funeral quiet when they have the ball so Manning can do what ever he wants.

Crowd noise has zero effect on Manning based on his recent visits to Arrowhead. He is rather unique in this regard. A strong 4-man pass rush (leaving 7 defenders back) is the best way to upset his game.

Ebolapox
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
sounds like someone is trying to rationalize...

-EB-

RedNeckRaider
01-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I think just about everybody sees the Pats as a favorite. Although Vegas is only giving 2 and that is a light stack for a championship cold weather team playing a dome team at home. I guess most feel the Patriots have a hand full as do I. I see the Patriots winning but would not be surprised at all if I am wrong.

Straight, No Chaser
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
...Sure, but if you really look at it, they really are not as dangerous as you may think....

Please, take a moment and back away from the :bong: pipe.

I would hate to underestimate the resilience and resourcefullness of the Patriots but if you remember Manning attacking Bumco corner Roc Alexander last week, it's not a stretch to say Indianapolis wins it

The Pats have always scored on the Colts (34 pts. a game in last 5). But I just don't think Bellicose & Co schemes can do it again. Mix in the defensive rule changes that Dungaree lobbyed hard for in the offseason and I seriously doubt the Pats will get away with manhandling the Colts recievers without penalty.

--->

Straight, No Chaser
01-14-2005, 11:38 AM
I think just about everybody sees the Pats as a favorite. Although Vegas is only giving 2 and that is a light stack for a championship cold weather team playing a dome team at home. I guess most feel the Patriots have a hand full as do I. I see the Patriots winning but would not be surprised at all if I am wrong.

The home team always "gets" 3 points --actually the colts are favored in this one.

---->

RedNeckRaider
01-14-2005, 11:41 AM
The home team always "gets" 3 points --actually the colts are favored in this one.

---->
Thats what I was saying about it being a light stack. The Colts are not favored but vegas had to cut the standard "3" the bring in Patriot money.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Here is a better question.

If/when the Colts lose sunday will they blame the bad condition of the field? and if they do will Dungee go to the rules department and have the rules changed so that the field has to be covered at all times?

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Even if they do win on Sunday, they would more than likely have to go into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers on the road. I just dont see it happening 2 weeks in a row for them and outdoors on grass as well. The only Dome team that ever won a Super Bowl were the Rams and they played both of those playoff games at home that year.

King_Chief_Fan
01-14-2005, 11:51 AM

rationalize it any way that makes you feel better.
come Sunday your questions will be answered.

Throw all the records and other stuff out the window.
This game is way too close to call. No matters who wins, no one will really be surprised except the die hard fans of the two teams.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 11:56 AM

If/when the Colts lose sunday will they blame the bad condition of the field? and if they do will Dungee go to the rules department and have the rules changed so that the field has to be covered at all times?

Yes and Yes, most likely.

My question... if Indy wins, what will you say about the smoke and mirror team winning on the road in the bad conditions?

Straight, No Chaser
01-14-2005, 12:03 PM

Yes, he may have been a crybaby to the rules committee, but New England, IMO, seems to get penalized for a few less pass interference calls than everyone else. It happened last year versus the Colts and to some extent, against the Chiefs on Monday night. And, it's not only their CBs but their LB's enjoy pushing receivers around with impunity. This game is up to Manning to win. If he falters and the Pats win, I see Dungee STFU and giving the Pats some Rep.

I know this is the Hype-machine's "marquee" matchup but the Steelers/Jets could be more interesting if you're a defensive/run game homer.

--->

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 12:05 PM

I would certainly hope, "yes" on both counts.

If NE did what has been alledged, it's a crock of shit. I know it isn't the first time it's happened in sports, but that doesn't make it right. If NE wins, I hope Pittsburg (presumedly) pounds the field with them next weekend. :)

StcChief
01-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Weather forecast looks like 30 F and dropping 10% chance rain/snow.

A wet field should slow Manning down.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Yes and Yes, most likely.

My question... if Indy wins, what will you say about the smoke and mirror team winning on the road in the bad conditions?

I will say the better team won. Plain and simple.

KCTitus
01-14-2005, 12:13 PM

No, here's an even better question...

If/when the Patriots lose Sunday, will camonkey have the SACK to show up and post 100x that Dungy is better than Belichick?

:D

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 12:15 PM
I would certainly hope, "yes" on both counts.

If NE did what has been alledged, it's a crock of shit. I know it isn't the first time it's happened in sports, but that doesn't make it right. If NE wins, I hope Pittsburg (presumedly) pounds the field with them next weekend. :)

What has been alledged? That they didn't cover the field?

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 12:16 PM
No, here's an even better question...

If/when the Patriots lose Sunday, will camonkey have the SACK to show up and post 100x that Dungy is better than Belichick?

:D

In no way will I ever say Dungee is a better coach than Belichick, that will never be the thruth.

If the Pats lose I will have the sack to show up and admit the better team won.

Calcountry
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
This question has been brought up time and time again. The answer always seems to be yes. He won the MVP right? They are the #3 Seed in the playoffs right? Sure, but if you really look at it, they really are not as dangerous as you may think.

Durring a 10 week span, from week 4 to week 14 Manning threw for 37 touchdowns against eight teams only two of which (Jacksonville, and Minnesota)) ended up withw winning records and only one (Minnesota) made the playoffs. Durring this stretch, he historically threw pointless TD's against the 24th, 26th, 29th, 30th, and 32nd ranked passing defenses.

Bt comparison, over the same stretch of time, Brady and the Patriots faced 6 teams with winning records, 4 of which made the playoffs. Over the course of the season, Manning faced seven of the eight worst passing defenses (not including his own Colts) nine times.

Even with all the hype over the Colts high powered offense lets not forget the Patriots were the #4 Offense in the league. The Colts scored 32.6 points a game, while the Patriots scored 27.3 points per game. That is one "meaningless Manning Touchdown pass against a scrub defense" between the two teams.

I know I am a Patriots Troll/Homer but the fact is the Colts are not as good as they seem.
I wouldn't call you a troll, with 4000 posts.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
I wouldn't call you a troll, with 4000 posts.

Some might.

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
What has been alledged? That they didn't cover the field?

I'm hearing it WAS covered, but when the weather went tits up, they UNCOVERED the thing. Perhaps I'm misinformed, but even not covering it....is bush league bullshit, IMO.

cadmonkey
01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm hearing it WAS covered, but when the weather went tits up, they UNCOVERED the thing. Perhaps I'm misinformed, but even not covering it....is bush league bullshit, IMO.

Look, the NFL wants the field to look pretty for the playoffs. Grass can only grow when it gets watered. Grass can't get watered with the field being covered :p

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Look, the NFL wants the field to look pretty for the playoffs. Grass can only grow when it gets watered. Grass can't get watered with the field being covered :p

uh-huh.....like I said, I'm hoping for another Indy 35-3 halftime lead. :harumph:

tk13
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
As someone who lives in Indiana and gets every Colts game, if you're asking me if I think the Colts can be beat, then the answer is yes. If you ask me if you think there should be a HUGE flashing red light over the fact that you're going to have Earth Wind and Fire and Troy Brown covering either Brandon Stokley or Reggie Wayne while trying to slow them down a little, then I say an even bigger yes.

To beat them you have to run the ball. Their run defense sucks, their pass D is pretty good. Teams usually have to abandon the run against them because they fall behind though. Their front four is really good at rushing the passer while they drop back in zone and don't get beat deep, although apparently DE Robert Mathis might be out this weekend. That is not good because he's the guy coming off against the RT that makes it hard for teams to completely focus on stopping Freeney. I don't think the weather or field conditions will be that much of a factor unless somebody specifically slips on a crucial play. I think the Pats have a much better chance than people give them credit for, because this year they can run the football. You can't abandon the run... that's how the Chiefs beat them, they got a lead and kept pounding the ball and shredding their D. I don't know if the Pats can keep it down to their typical 20-14 type game, but they can stay ahead of the Colts by running the football and Belichick outsmarting Manning again....

Demonpenz
01-14-2005, 02:52 PM
The pats are going to use the formula like they did in the super bowl against the rams. Hit everyone on every play. The pats corners need to be like the 80's detroit pistons. They can't call a foul every play

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
The pats are going to use the formula like they did in the super bowl against the rams. Hit everyone on every play. The pats corners need to be like the 80's detroit pistons. They can't call a foul every play

I hope the Refs light the Pats up....

"Pass Interference, Defense.....automatic, First Down."
"Holding, Defense....5 yd penalty, automatic, First Down."
"Illegal Contact, Defense.....automatic, First Down."
"Illegal Hands to the Face..... 5 yd penalty, automatic, First Down."

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Indy - 23
Pats - 17

THEN...

Steelers 30
Indy - 24

Book it, Danno

Straight, No Chaser
01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
As someone who lives in Indiana and gets every Colts game, if you're asking me if I think the Colts can be beat, then the answer is yes. If you ask me if you think there should be a HUGE flashing red light over the fact that you're going to have Earth Wind and Fire and Troy Brown covering either Brandon Stokley or Reggie Wayne while trying to slow them down a little, then I say an even bigger yes.

To beat them you have to run the ball. Their run defense sucks, their pass D is pretty good. Teams usually have to abandon the run against them because they fall behind though. Their front four is really good at rushing the passer while they drop back in zone and don't get beat deep, although apparently DE Robert Mathis might be out this weekend. That is not good because he's the guy coming off against the RT that makes it hard for teams to completely focus on stopping Freeney. I don't think the weather or field conditions will be that much of a factor unless somebody specifically slips on a crucial play. I think the Pats have a much better chance than people give them credit for, because this year they can run the football. You can't abandon the run... that's how the Chiefs beat them, they got a lead and kept pounding the ball and shredding their D. I don't know if the Pats can keep it down to their typical 20-14 type game, but they can stay ahead of the Colts by running the football and Belichick outsmarting Manning again....

I'm still not ready to say Dillion, behind that line, can do what the Chiefs did to the Colts run D. I do think, with all the focus on the Colt passing game, that a real key for them is James. His stats may be decieving --he's been more versatile in the way he's used. I look for him to be a factor in the Colts plan. Freeny had a great game agianst the Donks. Not sure if he can impact this one as much.

--->

KCTitus
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I hope the Refs light the Pats up....

"Pass Interference, Defense.....automatic, First Down."
"Holding, Defense....5 yd penalty, automatic, First Down."
"Illegal Contact, Defense.....automatic, First Down."
"Illegal Hands to the Face..... 5 yd penalty, automatic, First Down."

Me too, what I saw from last years AFC Championship was awful. Either enforce the rules on the books or take them out and let every team maul the WR's.

Mr. Kotter
01-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Me too, what I saw from last years AFC Championship was awful. Either enforce the rules on the books or take them out and let every team maul the WR's.

Bingo.

The muggin' Indy took last year were almost as bad as the non-calls against Gonzo. :shake:

chiefsfan1963
01-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Ironically Dungy is a Defense Guy who has a top rated Offense and whose D has cost him getting to the SB. He has slowly improved it w/o sacrificing his O. His D may be good enough this year to go the distance.

Admittedly Dungy has been lucky to inherit such a good O, but kudos to him for keeping it intact and actually making it better.

KC Jones
01-14-2005, 05:06 PM
I have a funny feeling the Colts are gonna end up trashing the Pats. The Pats secondary is probably worse than the Chiefs right now. They are starting a rookie and a nickelback at CB, and a career LB at safety. The refs will never let them get away with mauling the WRs like they did last year. Peyton will light them up.

Cannibal
01-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Their O line has to be one of the most under-rated in football.

All I ever hear about these days is how great the Colt Offense is and how they may be the best Offense in league history.

Great Offense? Yes. Underrated? Not a chance.

The Chiefs actually put up better total numbers. Although, I don't think the Chiefs O is as dependable as the Colts.

Cannibal
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM

Fug all that. If the Chiefs were in the same situation, I would want them to do the same thing. The Chiefs would have the definate advantage with Tony G, the O-line and Priest/LJ. They'd be stupid not to do it.

If the pussy azz Colts don't like it, they need to win more games next year.

Cannibal
01-16-2005, 06:51 PM
uh-huh.....like I said, I'm hoping for another Indy 35-3 halftime lead. :harumph:

Too bad... so sad.

Cannibal
01-16-2005, 06:55 PM

Oops...

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Not even one f*cking touchdown!!!!!! ROFL ROFL

MichaelH
01-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I think the Colts are a good team, but as was shown, rely on finesse. If you smack them in the mouth, they roll over and wimper. Peyton never got in rhythm and the running game was non-existent. I'm not sure if it's because they're a dome team or what, but they didn't look very dominating yesterday.

KC Jones
01-17-2005, 08:37 AM
I have a funny feeling the Colts are gonna end up trashing the Pats. The Pats secondary is probably worse than the Chiefs right now. They are starting a rookie and a nickelback at CB, and a career LB at safety. The refs will never let them get away with mauling the WRs like they did last year. Peyton will light them up.

What an idiot!

heh - guess I'll have my crow with BBQ sauce.

ARROW2
01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
What's the soft ass Colts' excuse this year? S-O-F-T............

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 12:30 PM
What's the soft ass Colts' excuse this year? S-O-F-T............

There is a new rule in effect for next year. All Colts games are to be played in a dome. If you don't have a dome Indy has one that your team can "borrow"

ARROW2
01-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Arena football don't get it done. Montana and the other greats won in inclement weather. They won't win next year either. I KNOW we could get more than 3 points.....

Demonpenz
01-17-2005, 03:02 PM

Yep the refs sure lit them up. I had flashbacks to the world series this year when everyone said How do you stop the cards great O? Well with good pitching duh.