PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss can be explained.

MarcBulger
01-14-2005, 10:52 AM
YOu can take the thug out of the ghetto you just can't take the Ghetto out of the thug....Sad

Phobia
01-14-2005, 10:54 AM
You know what? I don't like Randy Moss any more than anybody else.

But his actions this week have nothing to do with being ghetto, black, or a criminal.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Phobia nailed it... and did we really need a thread started over such a nothing topic?

Cochise
01-14-2005, 10:57 AM
did this guy used to be ernie conwell?

Soupnazi
01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I'll take Randy's fake mooning over Leonard Little's multiple DUI's and manslaughter charges any day.

I'm no Randy fan, but this thing is retarted.

tomahawk kid
01-14-2005, 10:58 AM

I'm betting so.

Saulbadguy
01-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Doesn't he play for the Saints now?

RedNeckRaider
01-14-2005, 11:06 AM

But his actions this week have nothing to do with being ghetto, black, or a criminal.
True and I have no idea if he is from the ghetto. He is however a criminal which has nothing to do with this stunt. Its all good Randy while you making large dollar and can still play. It is just a matter of time before he ends up like Tyson or Rodman. This interview is so tragic it is funny...

KARE-TV of Minneapolis recorded the exchange between Moss and reporters outside the Vikings' practice facility.

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, homey."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

chiefs4me
01-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Well I like the guy and think he adds excitement to the game,,JMO

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Moss is a hell of a player, but like many players with great skills he has an extremely high jackass factor.

Ari Chi3fs
01-14-2005, 12:11 PM
he freaking cracks me up.

"Whats 10 Grand... to me?" classic.

ENDelt260
01-14-2005, 12:21 PM
he freaking cracks me up.

"Whats 10 Grand... to me?" classic.
He was just copying off of Roethlisberger's press conference.

jettio
01-14-2005, 12:36 PM
True and I have no idea if he is from the ghetto. He is however a criminal which has nothing to do with this stunt. Its all good Randy while you making large dollar and can still play. It is just a matter of time before he ends up like Tyson or Rodman. This interview is so tragic it is funny...

KARE-TV of Minneapolis recorded the exchange between Moss and reporters outside the Vikings' practice facility.

Reporter: "Write the check yet, Randy?"

Moss: "When you're rich you don't write checks."

Reporter: "If you don't write checks, how do you pay these guys?"

Moss: "Straight cash, homey."

Reporter: "Randy, are you upset about the fine?"

Moss: "No, cause it ain't [expletive]. Ain't nothing but 10 grand. What's 10 grand to me? Ain't [expletive] Next time I might shake my [expletive]."

Moss is a lot more sincere than that candy-azz open to the public pr letter than the NFL promulgated.

beer bacon
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
YOu can take the thug out of the ghetto you just can't take the Ghetto out of the thug....Sad

Jake Plummer is so ghetto he flipped off his own fans!

HolmeZz
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Atleast he's not Leonard Little. :shrug:

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Jake Plummer is so ghetto he flipped off his own fans!

I probably would have done the same thing. The only thing I can say on his behalf is at least he tried to discreetly flip 'em off. He wasn't running down the sideline or standing in the endzone flipping 'em off. He tried to hide it... but, the camera sees all!

tomahawk kid
01-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I don't think being "ghetto" has anything to do with it.

Simply: Randy Moss is an idiot. Idiots come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

That being said, I don't and didn't think that the whole "moon" thing was that offensive and certainly not "disgusting" as Joe Buck contended. I think this whole "Assgate" thing has been completely overblown.

I'm certainly no Moss apologist, but I think that he gave us exactly what we should expect: an immature action from an immature individual. It should be noted, laughed about and then forgotten.

IMO, the walking from the field incident was a far greater offense than his TD celebration.

tomahawk kid
01-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I probably would have done the same thing. The only thing I can say on his behalf is at least he tried to discreetly flip 'em off. He wasn't running down the sideline or standing in the endzone flipping 'em off. He tried to hide it... but, the camera sees all!

Um, okay.

I guess a "discreet" idiot is better than a "outward" idiot.

Can't really see how they are different.

:shrug:

beer bacon
01-14-2005, 12:53 PM

That being said, I don't and didn't think that the whole "moon" thing was that offensive and certainly not "disgusting" as Joe Buck contended. I think this whole "Assgate" thing has been completely overblown.

I'm certainly no Moss apologist, but I think that he gave us exactly what we should expect: an immature action from an immature individual. It should be noted, laughed about and then forgotten.

IMO, the walking from the field incident was a far greater offense than his TD celebration.

Moss may be an idiot, but Buck is a mega-idiot. As has been said quite a few times, if Favre did something like this all the sports talking heads would be lining up to make excuses for him.

tomahawk kid
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Moss may be an idiot, but Buck is a mega-idiot. As has been said quite a few times, if Favre did something like this all the sports talking heads would be lining up to make excuses for him.

Hard to argue with that.

RedNeckRaider
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
True of many players, who have shown class been team players. The reason he gets little slack is he has done nothing to earn it.

Hydrae
01-14-2005, 01:04 PM

All I know is that my wife and I both laughed our a$$es off when he pulled that stunt. Immature sure but that goes with the territory.

beer bacon
01-14-2005, 01:05 PM
True of many players, who have shown class been team players. The reason he gets little slack is he has done nothing to earn it.

What has Favre done to earn slack from the sports media?

ENDelt260
01-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Been a good player who doesn't consistently make an ass out of himself, have run-ins with the law, etc.

MOhillbilly
01-14-2005, 01:13 PM
thing that bothered me the most isnt the fact that he celebrated a TD by *mooning* the crowd, but how lame the endzone celebration was and how much attention hes getting for it.
NFL players need to bring back some class to endzone celebrations,the kind that get the fans fired up aswell.
Ernest Givens and the Electric Glyde something that says *in your face* w/ suss.

Demonpenz
01-14-2005, 01:52 PM
the fake mooning was far worse than the throat slash favre used to do

MarcBulger
01-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Sad thing is there are a lot better recievers out there than Moss. Hell the Rams have two.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
The sad thing is the media doesn't focus on the receivers that kick ass on the field and act right.

None of that sells or gets callers on the sports radio.

stevieray
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Randy moss is expendable.

He isn't bigger than the game, no matter how much people paint him to be.

If he is too hurt to make it thorugh the playoffs, the game doesn't suffer.

TO is a perfect example. His season has been reduced to what if. too bad, so sad.

Not. I don't need Randy Moss or TO to enjoy football.

MOhillbilly
01-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Sad thing is there are a lot better recievers out there than Moss. Hell the Rams have two.

youre a clown.

wutamess
01-14-2005, 02:07 PM

Someone wanted to use the "N" word.

Brock
01-14-2005, 02:42 PM

Handled himself with class? Just guessing.

Calcountry
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM

He should've have a wardrobe malfunction like Janet when he was doing that act.

:p

ENDelt260
01-14-2005, 02:54 PM
He should've have a wardrobe malfunction like Janet when he was doing that act.

:p
Why? Do you desire to see Randy's bare ass?

NTTAWWT.

HolmeZz
01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I love how this celebration draws tremendous heat, but when Moss hands a TD ball he just caught to a handicapped kid in the front row during home games in Minnesota, NOBODY even brings it up. IMO if you're going to scrutinize the guy when you believe he makes mistakes, you've got to recognize when he does something positive.

KC Jones
01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Why? Do you desire to see Randy's bare ass?

NTTAWWT.

Judging by his choice of emoticon I believe he is licking his lips in anticipation of such an event.

NTTAWWT

crossbow
01-14-2005, 05:34 PM
There is little to explain. The guy is a child. What could be more obvious?

Phobia
01-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Someone wanted to use the "N" word.

Come on, Roger. I was just giving you crap about being an idiot earlier.

But, this post does make you an idiot. He didn't use the "N" word, but you did it for him. Which of you is more bigotted now? This kind of victim mentality isn't gonna do shit to improve race relations.

Calcountry
01-14-2005, 07:07 PM

Dah Getto, talkin bout da ghetto, DAh ghetto.

chiefsfolife
01-15-2005, 01:05 AM
ur crazy... moss is easly the best

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-15-2005, 02:04 AM

He can wrap his toes around a baseball and throw it. (True Story Told by Madden)

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 07:43 AM
I love how this celebration draws tremendous heat, but when Moss hands a TD ball he just caught to a handicapped kid in the front row during home games in Minnesota, NOBODY even brings it up. IMO if you're going to scrutinize the guy when you believe he makes mistakes, you've got to recognize when he does something positive.

Maybe he should celebrate wisely more often... then again, that does go back to my "what will the media focus on". The handing of the football to the handicapped kid is a 2 second blip at the end of the Sports Center segement.

Dan Patrick can't talk about that and burn 3 hours on his radio show...

Skip Towne
01-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Sad part is, it's people like us that create people like him. We pay these absurd ticket prices that finances him. Without football he couldn't get three people to look at him.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I still think that if the media didn't replay the stunts like that 100X a day, talk non-stop about it on sports radio and then lead in to the next game about "What will Randy say about his actions?" - "What will Randy (or TO) do this week?" ... then, maybe they will give up doing it over time.

I know some guys will continue to do just to do it, but we do feed them.

Baby Lee
01-15-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm no fan of Randy, but the week of endless asshattery by the sports media has me gliding towards his camp. Get over yourselves, guys.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 10:11 AM
What do you mean by "get over yourselves guys" ... us or the media?

Baby Lee
01-15-2005, 10:13 AM
What do you mean by "get over yourselves guys" ... us or the media?
I was talking about the media. But it could apply to anyone who has furrowed their brow and pumeled their chest over this.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 10:15 AM
I agree with the media aspect ... some guys are just doing it for attention and the media is giving it to them.

I have tired head after hearing about Moss the last 2 weeks...

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 10:28 AM

Didn't Randy Moss go to Marshall?

And grow up in West Virginia?

Sounds like a real ghetto-hardened guy.

LiL stumppy
01-15-2005, 11:24 AM
I liek him he doesn't make me mad.He is having fun,get over it.

Calcountry
01-15-2005, 11:30 AM
He may be explained, but, CAN HE BE COVERED?

HolmeZz
01-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Maybe he should celebrate wisely more often... then again, that does go back to my "what will the media focus on". The handing of the football to the handicapped kid is a 2 second blip at the end of the Sports Center segement.

Dan Patrick can't talk about that and burn 3 hours on his radio show...

I know. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the media. They'd much rather do a story that focuses on the negative aspects of a person.

go bowe
01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm no fan of Randy, but the week of endless asshattery by the sports media has me gliding towards his camp. Get over yourselves, guys.it has been a little astonishing...

and grade a bullshit, too...

go bowe
01-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I agree with the media aspect ... some guys are just doing it for attention and the media is giving it to them.

I have tired head after hearing about Moss the last 2 weeks...nttawwt... :p :p :p

stevieray
01-15-2005, 01:26 PM
it has been a little astonishing...

and grade a bullshit, too...

Totally. Moss would not do these things if he knew it wouldn't get airtime.

go bowe
01-15-2005, 01:26 PM
He may be explained, but, CAN HE BE COVERED?but can he play cornerback????

go bowe
01-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Totally. Moss would not do these things if he knew it wouldn't get airtime.quite true...

i was expressing my astonishment at the media asshattery that bl had mentioned...

but you're right, moss's actions are grade a bullshit too...

btw, have you been keeping yourself out of accidents lately? :) :) :)

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 01:32 PM
but can he play cornerback????

can he play safety and then be converted to cornerback?

stevieray
01-15-2005, 01:32 PM
btw, have you been keeping yourself out of accidents lately? :) :) :)

Yes, I'm slowly losing my grip on superstition...

go bowe
01-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes, I'm slowly losing my grip on superstition...ROFL ROFL ROFL

reminds me of that quote "a little revolution from time to time is a good thing" (or something like that)...

only i'm thinking a little superstition is a good thing... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

go bowe
01-15-2005, 01:38 PM
can he play safety and then be converted to cornerback?good point... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: