PDA

View Full Version : Time to Raid the Seahags?

Mr. Laz
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Seahawks | Lucas Scheduled to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:32:42 -0800

Seattle Seahawks CB Ken Lucas is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, reports Seahawks.com.

Seahawks | Okeafor Scheduled to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:34:06 -0800

Seattle Seahawks DE Chike Okeafor is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, reports Seahawks.com.

Seahawks | Rouen Scheduled to Become UFA - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:36:57 -0800

Seattle Seahawks P Tom Rouen is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent in March, reports Seahawks.com.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Don't forget about RB Alexander, OT Walter Jones and QB Hasselbeck, they're FAs as well.

What is their cap situation?

teedubya
01-14-2005, 12:06 PM
dont forget those great "spiderman-like" recievers they got.

MichaelH
01-14-2005, 12:33 PM
dont forget those great "spiderman-like" recievers they got.

They'd fit right in with ours.

ROFL

Frankie
01-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Those bastards....They should pay for taking Reggie Toungue from us.

cookster50
01-14-2005, 12:34 PM
They'd fit right in with ours.

ROFL

Nah, they would make ours look bad!

Mr. Laz
01-14-2005, 04:22 PM
i think all 3 would upgrade our team significantly

jspchief
01-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Funny thing is, Ken Lucas is the guy keeping Bobby Taylor on the bench. The same Bobby Taylor we all wanted last year. Wouldn't it be poetic to get Lucas this year instead?

htismaqe
01-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Lucas alone would be a major catch...

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Don't forget about RB Alexander, OT Walter Jones and QB Hasselbeck, they're FAs as well.

Those aren't area's of desperate need for us. I'd take Jones though anyway.

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2005, 04:51 PM

What is their cap situation?

We're 25-30 million under.. I actually think we'll keeep a good majority of the guys Alexander is probably a goner though..

Rausch
01-14-2005, 04:52 PM
This will be the first offseason I've actually considered getting a FA punter a high priority...

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2005, 04:57 PM
We have definitely screwed up by not locking up some of these guys sooner, probably why Whitsett was $hitcanned..

Seahawks free agents.. (http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=5117)

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 05:15 PM
This will be the first offseason I've actually considered getting a FA punter a high priority...

:banghead: I totally agree... that nutsack (Baker) is worthless... I didn't think you could do worse than Knorr. Ohhh ... we could get Rouen back!

Denver needs a good punter as well.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2005, 05:17 PM
We're 25-30 million under.. I actually think we'll keeep a good majority of the guys Alexander is probably a goner though..

Do you think Morris is the future?

If they let Alexander go, I would think they might give Henry a look, but it would cost them a pick. I just can't imagine letting Alexander go though, then again I don't know what the team think of him.

It has been proven through the last 3-4 drafts that a team can find a dominating RB in Rounds 2-4 that can start and be successful in his rookie year, so maybe that's the thought.

If they let Alexander go ... then they need some big FA receivers. Robinson has a screw loose and a freaking anchor to that team's success, they need to cut rope with that dude.

jspchief
01-14-2005, 05:20 PM

No way they let Alexander go. Even if they wanted to, it would be a PR nightmare.

Joe Seahawk
01-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Do you think Morris is the future?

If they let Alexander go, I would think they might give Henry a look, but it would cost them a pick. I just can't imagine letting Alexander go though, then again I don't know what the team think of him.

It has been proven through the last 3-4 drafts that a team can find a dominating RB in Rounds 2-4 that can start and be successful in his rookie year, so maybe that's the thought.

If they let Alexander go ... then they need some big FA receivers. Robinson has a screw loose and a freaking anchor to that team's success, they need to cut rope with that dude.

Alexander would be a better fit for a different type of offense IMO. An offense that doesn't require you to pass block and doesn't mind if you put personal achievements ahead of the team.. ;)

As crazy as it sounds, he's not a very popular guy in the locker room..