PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica (2005 version) season premeire tonight!

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Ill have my TIVO recording it. Looks great and so far has gotten great reviews. Any other fans??

ptlyon
01-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Now there's living in the 80's...

Donger
01-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Ill have my TIVO recording it. Looks great and so far has gotten great reviews. Any other fans??

Have they upgraded the red LEDs to blue LEDs in those shiny guys' heads?

Red LEDs are so, like, 1990s.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Now there's living in the 80's...

More like the 70's......1978 to be exact...

ptlyon
01-14-2005, 03:18 PM
More like the 70's......1978 to be exact...

Well then, now there's living in the 70's...

siberian khatru
01-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I'll be watching it. I quickly tired of the original (1978 version) despite eagerly anticipating it. I liked the mini-series remake they did last year. I'll give this series a chance.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I'll be watching it. I quickly tired of the original (1978 version) despite eagerly anticipating it. I liked the mini-series remake they did last year. I'll give this series a chance.

Yeah i caught some of the mini-series when it was first broadcast last year. It was pretty well done. It did take me awhile to get used to the female "Starbuck" though.....he was the best character in the original...

Baby Lee
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Anyone giving Johhny Zero a look? Is it a fizzle right out of the box?

siberian khatru
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Yeah i caught some of the mini-series when it was first broadcast last year. It was pretty well done. It did take me awhile to get used to the female "Starbuck" though.....he was the best character in the original...

I was always smitten with

http://usuarios.lycos.es/moviestars/fotos/Maren_Jensen_01.jpg

And

http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorsS/16274.GIF

Hammock Parties
01-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Ghey.

I liked Face better in A-Team.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 03:34 PM
I was always smitten with

http://usuarios.lycos.es/moviestars/fotos/Maren_Jensen_01.jpg

And

http://www.aveleyman.com/ActorsS/16274.GIF

hahaha...yea, she was a cutie back in tha day. Wonder what ever happened to her?

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Ghey.

I liked Face better in A-Team.

Face and Starbuck were basically the same character if you ask me. Pretty Boy, smartass who got all the ass....

Lzen
01-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh yeah. I just watched the miniseries. It was great. I was a huge fan of the original series back in the late 70s. Of course, I was only about 8-10 years old when it was on. I have my DVR setup to record the season premiere. :thumb:

Donger
01-14-2005, 03:38 PM
hahaha...yea, she was a cutie back in tha day. Wonder what ever happened to her?

(December 2003) Became one of the first people in Hollywood to suffer the debilitating effects of Epstein-Barr syndrome (in the 1980s). She has since recovered, but has left show business behind her.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah. I just watched the miniseries. It was great. I was a huge fan of the original series back in the late 70s. Of course, I was only about 8-10 years old when it was on. I have my DVR setup to record the season premiere. :thumb:

Yea, i loved the original when i was a kid. Its pretty bad and bordering on cheesy now days though. It was a smart idea to update it.

Herzig
01-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Yep. I loved it as a kid. I had the Viper and Cylon ships. The cool thing about them was the fact that they actually shot torpedo's in their gun ports. At least until they stopped making them after a kid choked to death on one. They were much cooler for that fact than my X-Wing and Tie Fighter in those days. The Tie Fighter was pretty cool in the fact that the panels would shoot off.

Dammit...I think I'm starting to sound like Goat Cheese :banghead:

Kris Kringle
01-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah i caught some of the mini-series when it was first broadcast last year. It was pretty well done. It did take me awhile to get used to the female "Starbuck" though.....he was the best character in the original... Right. It irritates me that they made Starbuck a chick too. I wish they would leave things alone. I'm going to TiVo it tonight and check it out this weekend.

Donger
01-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Dammit...I think I'm starting to sound like Goat Cheese :banghead:

Unless you're 23 or older and are still doing it, you're in the clear.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Dang, Casiopia is still pretty hot! and NO thats NOT me...

KC Jones
01-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Sheba hasn't done too poorly either:

http://www.mcalistertalent.com/headbook/Lockhart,_Anne.htm

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Sheba hasn't done too poorly either:

http://www.mcalistertalent.com/headbook/Lockhart,_Anne.htm

Sheba!! Yea, id tap it!

Frosty
01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
Right. It irritates me that they made Starbuck a chick too. I wish they would leave things alone. I'm going to TiVo it tonight and check it out this weekend.

Well, it's not a remake. More like a "next generation" thing.

KC Jones
01-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, it's not a remake. More like a "next generation" thing.

Except that it is a remake/rewrite and that "next generation" was in the future after Kirk.

Frosty
01-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Except that it is a remake/rewrite and that "next generation" was in the future after Kirk.

I just meant that this new series is a continuation of the old, with some of the original characters' kids involved. It's not a redo of the original series with flashier effects.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I just meant that this new series is a continuation of the old, with some of the original characters' kids involved. It's not a redo of the original series with flashier effects.

what?? Its my understanding thats its a remake/re-imagination of the orginal series......probably has more backstory and continuity than the original ever did as well...

Herzig
01-14-2005, 06:03 PM
what?? Its my understanding thats its a remake/re-imagination of the orginal series......probably has more backstory and continuity than the original ever did as well...

Yep. You didn't see the miniseries on SCI FI last January did you?

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Yep. You didn't see the miniseries on SCI FI last January did you?

Caught some of it the other day. It was pretty decent from what I saw..it will take some getting used to though.......I like how the Battlestar and the Vipers still look basically the same.

Herzig
01-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Caught some of it the other day. It was pretty decent from what I saw..it will take some getting used to though.......I like how the Battlestar and the Vipers still look basically the same.

I liked it. That blonde Cylon is hot!! What's interesting is how there isn't any sound in space and they make that pretty realistic unlike most all sci fi out there.

Frosty
01-14-2005, 06:16 PM

It takes place after the original series. Humans are back on earth and are in the process of de-commissioning the Galactica, as it's old. The Cylons attack Earth and are able to disable the defenses and all of the new ships by interfacing with the computers. The Galactica and the old fighters survive though because they don't have the computers in them. The survivors flee in and with the Galactica but Earth is lost.

So, it's not a flat remake of the old series, though the basic premise is the same (ragtag group of survivors flee from/fight against Cylons). This is how they can get around new characters and new Cylons (some are human-like). There are a lot of references to the original characters and such.

I guess I consider a remake a redo of the original, with updated effects, but essentially the same characters/story. That's why I made the "next generation" comparison - same basic premise with new characters.

KC Jones
01-14-2005, 06:20 PM
It takes place after the original series. Humans are back on earth and are in the process of de-commissioning the Galactica, as it's old. The Cylons attack Earth and are able to disable the defenses and all of the new ships by interfacing with the computers. The Galactica and the old fighters survive though because they don't have the computers in them. The survivors flee in and with the Galactica but Earth is lost.

So, it's not a flat remake of the old series, though the basic premise is the same (ragtag group of survivors flee from/fight against Cylons). This is how they can get around new characters and new Cylons (some are human-like). There are a lot of references to the original characters and such.

I guess I consider a remake a redo of the original, with updated effects, but essentially the same characters/story. That's why I made the "next generation" comparison - same basic premise with new characters.

:shake: That wasn't earth. Why do you think all of the characters have the same names (Commander Adama, Starbuck, Apollo) - it's the original series reinvented. It's not after the original in a continuous timeline. You do know the back story of the original don't you?

journeyscarab
01-14-2005, 06:24 PM
I'll have to check it out. Unfortunately I missed the mini-series. I loved the original, even had a lunchbox and a puzzle. Loved the Cylons.