PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Precinct 13

Fried Meat Ball!
01-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Opening Jan. 19 (next Wednesday for the calendar-impaired), "Assault on Precinct 13" is better than your average January fare, but that only makes it mildly entertaining. In comparison to... oh, say, "Racing Stripes," this is friggin' genius.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I had heard thats its better than average......Nothing can top the original though......Carpenter was tha man back in tha day....

Fried Meat Ball!
01-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I had heard thats its better than average......Nothing can top the original though......Carpenter was tha man back in tha day....
It's been a LONG time since I saw the original, but besides being John Carpenter, I don't remember it being all that great. I need to rent it before I write my review, though.

Ultra Peanut
01-15-2005, 01:34 AM
I still don't understand why they felt the need to remake this.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Because THM feels the need to remake EVERYTHING.

Rausch
01-15-2005, 01:36 AM

Which is destined to be 100x better than this $#it-stirred remake with Ethan "Damn, I wish I was french" Hawke...

Miles
01-15-2005, 01:36 AM

Me neither. Guess they figured most people didnt see the first one so they could pass it off is an original idea.

Miles
01-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Which is destined to be 100x better than this $#it-stirred remake with Ethan "Damn, I wish I was french" Hawke...

Whats the "Damn, I wish I was french" Hawke thing?

Ultra Peanut
01-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Me neither. Guess they figured most people didnt see the first one so they could pass it off is an original idea.That's a thought that passed through my head when I first saw a commercial for it, as well.

Rausch
01-15-2005, 01:39 AM
Whats the french, Hawke thing?

Similar to the Johnny Depp thing...

Miles
01-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Similar to the Johnny Depp thing...

He is screwing a hot French chick? Can say i fault him for that so long as he doesnt pick up crappy politics along the way.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-15-2005, 01:44 AM
He is screwing a hot French chick? Can say i fault him for that so long as he doesnt pick up crappy politics along the way.
Too late on the politics.

Again, we return to accents.

Ultra Peanut
01-15-2005, 01:46 AM
He's saying he's a cheese-eating surrender monkey.

Rausch
01-15-2005, 01:46 AM
He is screwing a hot French chick? Can say i fault him for that

Yes...

Rausch
01-15-2005, 01:47 AM
He's saying he's a cheese-eating surrender monkey.

You'll get rep tommorow. I can only give out so much in a short period....

Miles
01-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Too late on the politics.

Again, we return to accents.

I dont really care about politics too much at all. Just was saying that it would suck if he picked up the sterotypical French politics along the way.

Wonder if it Julie Delpy he is hooking up with? He is one lucky bastard if it is.

Miles
01-15-2005, 01:53 AM

That was supposed to be "can't say".

Rausch
01-15-2005, 02:01 AM
I dont really care about politics too much at all. Just was saying that it would suck if he picked up the sterotypical French politics along the way.

Wonder if it Julie Delpy he is hooking up with? He is one lucky bastard if it is.

I liked both films. I liked the point. Loved the dialogue.

But the real France is about as romantic as scrubbing your toilet out.

Hollywood often uses France and "Old Europe" as an excuse to escape responsibility and sacrifice...

Miles
01-15-2005, 02:15 AM
I liked both films. I liked the point. Loved the dialogue.

But the real France is about as romantic as scrubbing your toilet out.

Hollywood often uses France and "Old Europe" as an excuse to escape responsibility and sacrifice...

Are you talking about the Before Sunrise/Sunset movies? The first one was in Vienna. And the second was in Paris but the location didnt really matter much to the plot since it was almost entirely dialog.

While I agree that the Europe/romaticism thing is overplayed a bit in movies but there is something to it. They usually just make it all seem all great but there are some really trashy things over there just like here.

Rausch
01-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Are you talking about the Before Sunrise/Sunset movies? The first one was in Vienna. And the second was in Paris but the location didnt really matter much to the plot since it was almost entirely dialog.

Those would be the two movies I liked.

Believe it or not, at heart, I am a romantic...

While I agree that the Europe/romaticism thing is overplayed a bit in movies but there is something to it. They usually just make it all seem all great but there are some really trashy things over there just like here.

I guess that's my point. One man's treasure is another man's trash...

Miles
01-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Those would be the two movies I liked.

Believe it or not, at heart, I am a romantic...

I guess that's my point. One man's treasure is another man's trash...

I usually woudnt admit it but i reallly liked thoes movies. Probably had something to do with thinking Julie Delphy was really hot but they were still damn good.

I wouldnt define all of Europe as one man's treasure one man's trash. Florence for insance would be a great place to take a chick.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-15-2005, 02:35 AM
I usually woudnt admit it but i reallly liked thoes movies. Probably had something to do with thinking Julie Delphy was really hot but they were still damn good.
I still haven't seen the sequel, but my girlfriend at the time and I watched it a long time ago ('95, '96ish)... good chick flick... don't remember much of it though -- I had better things in my hands.... er, on my hands. :drool:

Miles
01-15-2005, 02:41 AM
I still haven't seen the original, but my girlfriend at the time and I watched it a long time ago ('95, '96ish)... good chick flick... don't remember much of it though -- I had better things in my hands.... er, on my hands. :drool:

Sweet. That would be one of the few chick flicks worth watching again...Preferably with your chick but not for what your thinking. The second one was probably among the best movies of last year. Use it on your wife as well but its a damn good movie.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Sweet. That would be one of the few chick flicks worth watching again...Preferably with your chick but not for what your thinking. The second one was probably among the best movies of last year. Use it on your wife as well but its a damn good movie.
Actually, I could probably get double points and use the original again... it wasn't my wife I saw it with originally.

siberian khatru
01-15-2005, 06:24 AM
The original "P13" was one of the first R-rated movies I sneaked in watching on HBO when I was a kid. Must've seen it 10 times. I loved it -- especially when Kim Richards got shot at the ice cream truck.

Baby Lee
01-15-2005, 06:59 AM

I dunno, you get dumped by yummy Uma, and you're gonna need a buttload of luck before you get to be considered a 'lucky guy' again.

Deberg_1990
01-15-2005, 10:23 AM
The original "P13" was one of the first R-rated movies I sneaked in watching on HBO when I was a kid. Must've seen it 10 times. I loved it -- especially when Kim Richards got shot at the ice cream truck.

haha..was that Kim Richards?? I didnt know that...I had a crush on her when i was like 8