PDA

View Full Version : So who is your dream Chiefs 1st-rounder??

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm voting Odell Thurman, LB or Thomas Davis, S...

Who do you guys like. I agree totally with another poster...we've got to draft DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!

nychief
01-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Lawrence Taylor

Ari Chi3fs
01-15-2005, 09:46 AM
whatever PatriotofMaine.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Ali ... the pic in your sig line is so wrong.

bkkcoh
01-15-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm voting Odell Thurman, LB or Thomas Davis, S...

Who do you guys like. I agree totally with another poster...we've got to draft DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!

I thought we had enough safeties..... :hmmm: But I guess even an upgrade in that is needed on this team..... :banghead:

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Why would we draft a 2nd-round LB in the 1st-round?

Your mock sucks.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Thurman sucks?? Obviously you haven't watched much college football. The only LB who might be better is Derrick Johnson, and he'll be long gone.

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Thurman sucks?? Obviously you haven't watched much college football. The only LB who might be better is Derrick Johnson, and he'll be long gone.

You can't read either. I said YOUR MOCK DRAFT SUCKS.

Thurman is a good player, but one that will likely be available when we pick in the 2nd round.

Ari Chi3fs
01-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Ali ... the pic in your sig line is so wrong.

The Six + Reps I have recieved would disagree with you. Elway being Thomas' 100th sack is pure beauty.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:03 AM
LMAO...Thurman available to the Chiefs in the second round is pure wishful thinking.

Ari Chi3fs
01-15-2005, 10:05 AM
LMAO...thinking anyone on Chiefsplanet gives a f*ck what you say about anything is pure wishful thinking.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:06 AM
A good second round pick would be Manase Hopi, DT, Washington. Nobody is talking about him much, but he's a monster who had a monster year for a lousy tea.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Ali,

My aren't you a sweet guy.

Ari Chi3fs
01-15-2005, 10:07 AM
A good second round pick would be Manase Hopi, DT, Washington. Nobody is talking about him much, but he's a monster who had a monster year for a lousy tea.

Well perhaps he should switch to a green tea... tell him to try some with honey in it.

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Who the #@(#*@ is this guy?

Ari Chi3fs
Ali,

My aren't you a sweet guy.

obviously you are PatriotofMaine, and are acting like that website isnt yours... so obviously, you arent too bright... and Im not too nice to not too bright spammer bitches. Thanks for playing.

PatriotofMaine
huh?

nychief
01-15-2005, 10:11 AM

gee we had so much luck with THIS years Samoa DT from a northwest school.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I think the Chiefs should go RB in Round 1 ... you just can't have enough good RBs. Holmes may not be healthy for a full season ever again... Blaylock will likely sign elsewhere... LJ might have a sophomore slump and put the diapers back on...

It's the safe way to go.

Give the guys on defense another chance now that they've had a full year under Gunther. He's a good.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Have you seen this kid play this year?

Ari Chi3fs
01-15-2005, 10:15 AM
this guy just doesnt get it.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Mile High...the depth is at RB...you could get a great back in round two...Morency, Moats, Arrington, Fason, Barber III...all of them should be there...I'd say grab a topflight LB while you can in round one.

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 10:17 AM
LMAO...Thurman available to the Chiefs in the second round is pure wishful thinking.

Let's see, I've just scanned through 25 mock drafts, none of which had him going in the 1st round.

Of the 2 or 3-round mocks that I found:

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm
Odell Thurman - 45th to Carolina

http://www.gbnreport.com/2005projection.htm
Odell Thurman - 51st to Minnesota

http://www.draftshowcase.com/swmock05.htm
Odell Thurman - 69th to Oakland

LMAO...you're an idiot.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 10:18 AM
CDS ... I was jerking the chain of KC fans... I would be fine if KC didn't improve the defense.

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Let's see, I've just scanned through 25 mock drafts, none of which had him going in the 1st round.

LMAO...you're an idiot.

Sweet ... great links.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2005, 10:21 AM
CDspam = Voyager

???

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:22 AM
Who is Voyager?

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 10:26 AM
NFLDB and DS don't even tape games. Their writers basically just C&P off the internet, except for maybe Joe Coaty at Blitz.

Thurman is the real deal. You just watch how he skyrockets, and watch these other mocks eventually catch up.

Well, if he tears it up at the combine, of course he will...you must be psychic.

And now you've debunked 2 of the 3 links...

How do you answer to TSN, Fox Sports, Gil Brandt, Mel Kiper, and the other 30 or so mock drafts that I looked at that don't have him in the 1st round (thus implying that he's NO BETTER than a 2nd round pick)?

I suppose none of them tape games either?

Maybe the NFL should be paying you and your site, since you know more about pro prospects than ANYBODY ELSE out there...

Mr. Laz
01-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Who is Voyager?

a guy that used to come around and talk draft all the time. He had some very definate opinions about talent evaluation.

he made tons of mock drafts

i liked him ... others who weren't such draft fanatics didn't like him so much.

but then again i can talk draft forever, so i'm sort of a freak :p

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 10:27 AM
What did you delete your post for?

Not being truthful?

Mr. Laz
01-15-2005, 10:28 AM

LMAO...you're an idiot.

parker's a little testy today :)

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Who the hell is Odell Thurman anyway.

There are about 10 people I can think of that would be better picks than him.

Manila-Chief
01-15-2005, 10:40 AM
I clicked on this thread to read wisdom from the guys as to great draft picks and get this guy.

But, Mile High did give me a laugh. I bet he'd like for us to take a R.B. in the first. Just like we would like to determine who the donks choose. But, again, the laugh just may be on us coz Kingless could draft another R.B.... about the same as drafting a T.E. last year.

SNR
01-15-2005, 10:40 AM
a guy that used to come around and talk draft all the time. He had some very definate opinions about talent evaluation.

he made tons of mock drafts

i liked him ... others who weren't such draft fanatics didn't like him so much.

but then again i can talk draft forever, so i'm sort of a freak :pI didn't hate voyager, either. Until he became a total douchebag.

He started hating on Vermeil's draft. I don't have a problem with that, but he was bitching about the Chiefs not selecting Rocky Calmus and Ben Leber in their later rounds. These are late round picks... nobody (not even Vermeil, the late round pick genious) knows wtf these kids will do in the NFL.

Also, he rooted for the Raiturds in the Super Bowl. Because they represented the AFCW. WTF? This isn't college football here, this is the NFL. You NEVER EVER root for your most hated rival. Guy didn't get the hint. Pissed too many people off. He's gone. I'm glad.

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 10:48 AM
parker's a little testy today :)

Spammers and idiots...

This is the lot we're left with...

Oh well, the Army AA game comes on in a little over an hour! :D

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 10:58 AM
You've got to figure that Johnson and Crowder will be gone, so why are you guys hating on Thurman so much??

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 11:02 AM
You've got to figure that Johnson and Crowder will be gone, so why are you guys hating on Thurman so much??

Johnson will likely be gone. Crowder won't be - there's no way with his injury history he goes in the top 15.

Nobody is hating on Thurman.

But this team has more needs than just LB. There's no reason to reach for Thurman when we could likely get an Erasmus James or Marcus Spears in the 1st round and still get Thurman in the 2nd.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Middle linebacker Odell Thurman has signed with a sports management agency and has formally declared he will forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

"That definitely is the plan," the paper quoted Thurman's uncle, Danny Thurman, as saying.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Wednesday that Thurman was planning to go pro because of economic pressures.

Thurman hired Atlanta-based STL Sports Management to represent him in contract negotiations. According to agency head Safarrah Lawson, Thurman could be selected anywhere from the late first round to the second round depending on how he performs at pre-draft workouts.

Thurman, an all-SEC selection the past two seasons, was suspended for the first three games of this season for violating team rules. The junior finished with 65 tackles, a significant drop from his sophomore season, when he finished 111 regular-season tackles.

Danny Thurman and Lawson said Thurman decided to go pro so he could provide financially for his family, which includes five brothers, his child and another child due this spring.

Thurman joins All-America junior safety Thomas Davis, who hired Atlanta-based agent Tood France, in declaring for the draft. Junior defensive tackle Gerald Anderson is also contemplating going pro, as is junior guard Max Jean-Gilles, but his wife says he is leaning toward returning for his senior season.

Well...ESPN is not exactly a fly-by-night outfit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1960707&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 11:19 AM
htis,

Marcus Spears??? Did you watch him take plays off all year, or are you just reading the internet?? I watched the guy play five times, taped each game, and reviewed those tapes repeatedly...he is WAY overhyped, has no motor, and is basically a media creation.

LiL stumppy
01-15-2005, 11:21 AM
I still want Derick J if he is still there.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Lil stumpy...He won't be...bank on it.

Cochise
01-15-2005, 12:22 PM
We should take Brooks!

:rolleyes:

Count Alex's Losses
01-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Derrick Johnson.

The Chiefs can get the LDE they need in FA. Draft a corner in the 2nd and buy a corner, as Goonther said.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Cochise,

That would be hard considering he'll be busy on Saturdays playing for UVA.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 12:26 PM
GoatCheese,

LDE? Where did that come from?

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Johnson will be a top 8 pick.

Count Alex's Losses
01-15-2005, 12:31 PM
GoatCheese,

Left defensive end.

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Middle linebacker Odell Thurman has signed with a sports management agency and has formally declared he will forgo his senior season and enter the NFL draft, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

"That definitely is the plan," the paper quoted Thurman's uncle, Danny Thurman, as saying.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Wednesday that Thurman was planning to go pro because of economic pressures.

Thurman hired Atlanta-based STL Sports Management to represent him in contract negotiations. According to agency head Safarrah Lawson, Thurman could be selected anywhere from the late first round to the second round depending on how he performs at pre-draft workouts.

Thurman, an all-SEC selection the past two seasons, was suspended for the first three games of this season for violating team rules. The junior finished with 65 tackles, a significant drop from his sophomore season, when he finished 111 regular-season tackles.

Danny Thurman and Lawson said Thurman decided to go pro so he could provide financially for his family, which includes five brothers, his child and another child due this spring.

Thurman joins All-America junior safety Thomas Davis, who hired Atlanta-based agent Tood France, in declaring for the draft. Junior defensive tackle Gerald Anderson is also contemplating going pro, as is junior guard Max Jean-Gilles, but his wife says he is leaning toward returning for his senior season.

Well...ESPN is not exactly a fly-by-night outfit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1960707&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

What the **** does that prove? Right now, he's a concensus 2nd-rounder. Nothing in that short story says ANYTHING different.

Cochise
01-15-2005, 12:56 PM
Cochise,

That would be hard considering he'll be busy on Saturdays playing for UVA.

You should tell your uber draft gurus that

htismaqe
01-15-2005, 12:57 PM
htis,

Marcus Spears??? Did you watch him take plays off all year, or are you just reading the internet?? I watched the guy play five times, taped each game, and reviewed those tapes repeatedly...he is WAY overhyped, has no motor, and is basically a media creation.

I saw Marcus Spears play 3 times, including the Capitol One Bowl.

He was a non-factor and they mentioned that LSU had been hiding a biceps injury from the media.

I listed Spears because he's a "name" that people have out there. I've been very vocal about NOT drafting Marcus Spears. But you wouldn't know that, since you just showed up to spam.

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 01:18 PM
GoatCheese,

Wow.

Yep, Carl will be taking draft advice from you very soon.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Cochise,
Mock drafts and Top 100 are updated bi-weekly, with declaration day today, the eligible juniors have been included to this point.

Htis,

Glad we agree on Spears. Thurman will not be a "consensus 2nd rounder" for long, IMHO. The article did say late first--but he's only going up from there.

GoatCheese,

I was asking who was talking about LDEs at all...

Mile High Mania
01-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Seriously.. you guys need a punter. Now, I realize Punters usually go late, if drafted at all. I think that KC should draft a punter in R1 and ensure you get your guy.

I would love for a team to select a punter that early... just for the shock factor from the audience/media's reaction. Tags would stop mid-sentence ...

"And, with the 24th Selection of the 2005 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select... Pun... what the hell, a f*cking punter... you serious...?"

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 01:23 PM
GoatCheese,

I was asking who was talking about LDEs at all...

Everybody.

In case you didn't notice, the D-line sucks just about as bad as the LB and DB corp. Just about any top defesive player would be worth it in the first round, DE included.

By the way, DE means "defensive end", or the guy on the end of the defensive line who tries to tackle the guy with the ball.

Count Alex's Losses
01-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd say the jury is out on our new punter. Early returns have been promising.

Frankie
01-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Cochise,
Thurman will not be a "consensus 2nd rounder" for long, IMHO. The article did say late first--but he's only going up from there.

NO! NO! NO! :banghead:

No more one hit combine wonders in the first. I'd like a good player that has a reliable college resume. We often draft some previously unknown who lucks out in a combine, never to duplicate that promise in the real games. Enough is enough. I say no to Thurman. Even IF he does have good combine numbers.... Puhleez.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 02:12 PM
AHW:

Uh..I think I know what a DE is...my comment was, who was talking DEs?? AT that point the discussion was all about LBs.

Frankie,

Except for the suspension issue...Thurman's credentials ON THE FIELD are very good.

shaneo69
01-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Actually, I mentioned in a previous thread that I'd like Thurman as our top pick because we need a MLB and defensive leader, and he reminds me of Al Wilson. But I think we could trade down, pick up an extra 3rd rounder to take the place of the one we lost for Welbourn, and still get Thurman.

Thig Lyfe
01-15-2005, 03:32 PM
AHW:

Uh..I think I know what a DE is...my comment was, who was talking DEs?? AT that point the discussion was all about LBs.

If you have paid any attention to the Chiefs at all you would know that they need a good DE to complement Jared Allen just about as badly as a LB or CB.

LiL stumppy
01-15-2005, 03:39 PM
As much as we need a LDE,I don't think its the biggest priority.I wanted Derick J but I don't think he would be there and maybe Rolle or the CB from Michigan would be there.I wouldn't mind drafting either of them and getting a OLB in FA or even a DE.I am still not sure on Barber.It really depends on how well he gets better and if he does and we resign him then we def need a DE.

PatriotofMaine
01-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Lil Stumpy,

Marlin Jackson (CB-Michigan)'s stock has fallen recently...he looks like a late first, even early-second rounder now. The only DE that would be worthy of our first round pick would be Erasmus James if he slips. But, since Kiwanuka hasn't declared that's unlikely.

CanadaKC
01-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Dream -- Rolle or DJ

Possible Reality -- 1st CB Carlos Rogers, 2nd LB Channing Crowder

FRCDFED
01-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I was actually becoming impressed with the push that our DT's were getting late in the season. If we could get another DE to play opposite Allen and put some additional pressure on the pocket then our DL will be fine.

We desperately need two LB's, a CB, and a safety.

Frankie
01-16-2005, 03:12 AM
Rolle or Erasmus James.

The latter seems more realistic at 15.

Ari Chi3fs
01-16-2005, 03:40 AM
we already had one Marcus Spears, we dont want another.

Pants
01-16-2005, 03:50 AM
He was Marvcus.

Count Alex's Losses
01-16-2005, 04:23 AM
He was Marvcus.

That was Marvcus Patton.

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Shane,

Right on man...he'd be a perfect fit.

CanadaKC,

Even those two guys have a 50-50 chance of BOTH being gone...Rogers has really shot up the boards, and some are saying he might challenge Rolle for the 1st CB drafted now. Crowder is the best LB in the country, IMO. DJ trails hims slightly...I think they'll both be gone too.

Big Chief Homer
01-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Seriously.. you guys need a punter. Now, I realize Punters usually go late, if drafted at all. I think that KC should draft a punter in R1 and ensure you get your guy.

I would love for a team to select a punter that early... just for the shock factor from the audience/media's reaction. Tags would stop mid-sentence ...

"And, with the 24th Selection of the 2005 NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers select... Pun... what the hell, a f*cking punter... you serious...?"
ROFL

Big Chief Homer
01-16-2005, 09:00 AM
we already had one Marcus Spears, we dont want another.
Lamar could always save money and recycle the old jerseys :thumb:

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 09:09 AM
BCH..LMAO!

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Who the #@(#*@ is this guy?He's a wannabe voyager.

PastorMikH
01-16-2005, 09:38 AM
As for dream 1st rounder, right now I'd settle for a 1st rounder good enough to still be a starter for us a couple of years from now. I'm tired of first round busts.

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Psicosis,

Does your name suggest something?

Big Chief Homer
01-16-2005, 09:58 AM
BCH..LMAO!

bite me spam jockey!!!

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 10:05 AM
BCH,

Oh..we have such resentment for one so young...

Herzig
01-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Those would be great picks...but you know these guys don't fit the Chiefs "project" profile. These guys come from major conferences and are pretty polished. The Chiefs will never pick them. :rolleyes:

dtebbe
01-16-2005, 10:21 AM
David Pollack, DE Georgia

Will most likely play LB in the NFL. He will be a playmaker at either position.

DT

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 12:23 PM
i still don't understand what the problem is with Carlos Rodgers

it seems like a no brainer pick to me

this stuff about him not being good in run support seems to be total crap to me.

personally i think Rolle ends up not running at the combine and then ends up running a slow 40 time at his "private workouts" and his stock drops.

Rodgers seems like the best corner prospect to me ... if he's on the board we should grab him.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Dream -- Rolle or DJ

injury issues MIGHT drop Crowder ... but i doubt he drops all the way to us in the 2nd. We prolly have to trade up some in the 2nd to get him.

but would be a great first 2 rounds IMO. :thumb:

Iowanian
01-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I think the Chiefs will draft the Best Hback prospect on the board in Round 1......They just can't have enough 4TE formations to please me.

Crowder's off field issues should drop him as much as any injury concern.

Big Chief Homer
01-16-2005, 01:03 PM
BCH,

Oh..we have such resentment for one so young...

we already have a resident star wars fanatic....if i want someone to talk yoda for me I'll go find goatcheese.

now go spam the pats board im sure you'll be able to fool them into thinking your a draft guru. :rolleyes:

craneref
01-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I am not sure of a name, but whoever is going to be named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Herzig
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
i still don't understand what the problem is with Carlos Rodgers

it seems like a no brainer pick to me

this stuff about him not being good in run support seems to be total crap to me.

personally i think Rolle ends up not running at the combine and then ends up running a slow 40 time at his "private workouts" and his stock drops.

Rodgers seems like the best corner prospect to me ... if he's on the board we should grab him.

I totally agree...we should take Carlos Rogers if he's there at 15.

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Crowder is a top 15 pick period. He has a 50-50 shot at going top 10.

PatriotofMaine
01-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Lazarus,

Carlos Rogers might be an even a better pick then Thurman IF he lasts that long...