PDA

View Full Version : Jim Mora JR. getting credit for something he didn't build

warpaint99
01-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Dan Reeves built that team.

Miles
01-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Funny, I didnt realize Dan Reeves was also the GM.

cdcox
01-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Wow, even Dan Reeves has hyper-loyalists.

FRCDFED
01-15-2005, 10:33 PM
He did inherit the talent that Dan Reeves was involved in taking. BTW, Rich McKay has only been with the team for about one year. The only credit he can take is with acquiring some talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Kerberos
01-15-2005, 10:50 PM
As much as I think Dan Reeves is a good coach I really think Mora Jr is going to be a GREAT coach himself... He may not do it this year but he will take a Falcon team to the SB.

If he can keep MV healthy I think that offense will be twice as potent in another year or two compared to right now!

IMO

:)

Cliff

Phobia
01-15-2005, 10:53 PM
I think Jim Mora III contributed.

Pwayoffs. You'll tawkin pwayoffs?

jspchief
01-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Reeves may have built the team, but Mora is the one that got them to win.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Um, Reeves took the Falcons to their very first Super Bowl in 1998. Reeves WAS the GM and orchestrated the trade up for Michael Vick. Reeves' Falcons were also the first team to beat Brett Favre and the Packers at Lambeau at home in the playoffs after the 2002 season.

Besides taking Denver to 3 Super Bowls in the 80's and the Falcons to the Super Bowl in 1998, I think he's a pretty damn good coach. Jim Mora, jr's got long way to go before he achieve such greatness.

Dane

Wile_E_Coyote
01-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Jr comes off as a smug prick to me

The Bad Guy
01-15-2005, 11:30 PM
I like Mora, Jr. Young, good coach.

If this is the case, then Dungy shouldn't get an ounce of credit for the Colts, or Gruden for the Bucs 2002 success.

FRCDFED
01-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I like Mora, Jr. Young, good coach.

If this is the case, then Dungy shouldn't get an ounce of credit for the Colts, or Gruden for the Bucs 2002 success.Mora inherited the team but seems to have done more with the talent than what Reeves did. Then again, this is a young team and seems to be improving as they mature. It is unfortunate that Reeves didn't get the luxury of seeing what his draft class could do.

HolmeZz
01-16-2005, 12:17 AM
New Offense + New Defense = No Credit for Reeves

FRCDFED
01-16-2005, 12:19 AM
New Offense + New Defense = No Credit for Reeves
Good points!

Wallcrawler
01-16-2005, 03:56 AM
I think Mora Jr did a good job with the Falcons this year. Maybe he didnt build it, but he is responsible for their record this year. You dont get a winning record and a big playoff win with a head coach that doesnt know what he's doing. The Falcons are a good team, but they arent that damn good.

I think Dan Reeves got the crap end of the stick last season when Vick was hurt and didnt deserve what happened, but thats over and done with.

As for the Gruden comment, they havent done jack since that Superbowl year when Gruden first took over, so John Gruden's stock is dropping pretty fast with the bad seasons that the Bucs have had in the aftermath of the superbowl year. Tony Dungy on the other hand has had the Colts in the playoffs every year of his tenure there despite the defensive troubles that they have had.

Manila-Chief
01-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Tony is a Marty disciple ... plain and simple and his previous playoff games have demostrated that .... but the team forced him to keep the previous OC in place. Smartest move the org. made. Tony is a D coach and his OC runs a fantastic O....

I'm interested to see how far they go this year. Wonder if he will take over the O at crunch time and chokes????

Mora Jr. ... his greatness will not be determined until he wins the S.B this year or if he continues to develop the team. If he wins the S.B. this year (I don't think he will win it) then one must say he is a great coach coz he took Dan's team to a lot higher level than Dan has been. .... if his team falls like the Bucs ....................

dtebbe
01-16-2005, 10:23 AM
The major improvement on the Falcons is the defense, and that 100% mora.

DT

NaptownChief
01-16-2005, 10:39 AM
The major improvement on the Falcons is the defense, and that 100% mora.

DT

Exactly...The only reason the Falcons wasn't a 4-12 team this year is due to the miracle turnaround he worked with that defense and the fact the NFC sucked...

Reeves had that team in shambles. They were horrible on both sides of the ball.