PDA

View Full Version : Here's a one-breath review of my week.

Rain Man
01-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Okay, I'm still at work at nine o'clock on a Saturday night and I've been here since 8:30 this morning and I'm going to have to work tomorrow too and I've got three things due Monday that I've been working on and keep getting pulled off of and it's been a rough week because I had some big tumor thing on my back and I had to go to the doctor and get it taken off and checked out and it was benign but now I have this thing that looks like a bullet hole in my back that's all bloody and oozing and while I was there they decided that I should do a physical since I'm forty-one years old and there were two pieces of good news in my prostate exam since not only was everything fine but I was able to confirm that I'm not at all into being violated anally not at all and I get to go to New York this week which is normally a good thing but I have a meeting the night before so I have to fly out at midnight and get there and six in the morning and then sleep in Central Park until my meeting at noon and then sleep in Central Park until my flight back later that evening so I'm not going to have a pleasure-filled trip and then we're hiring people so I was interviewing all week and some of the candidates were pretty good so I'm happy about that but they're weeks from starting and I still have this big deliverable I've got to get out which is kind of hard when you've got a bullet hole in your back and since I caught a ride downtown I'm going to have to walk home tonight and it's kind of dark and cold but I got to go have a hamburger for lunch with my father in law who is pretty cool and he's a combat veteran so you have to respect that and I've been drinking sodas all night and eating chocolate because that's the only stuff in the office other than the Hunan beef frozen dinner which was pretty good, and my wife has given me permission to make a solo trip to the Amazon next year so I keep getting distracted and looking at tours since I'm not sure if I want to do the upper Amazon or the lower Amazon and I guess I'm supposed to bring crayons to trade with small jungle children but I'm not sure exactly what I'm trading for and I hope it's not yellow fever because I haven't had my yellow fever shot yet even though I just went to the doctor this week and he gave me a tetanus shot just to get started and I'm hoping I don't have to get a typhoid shot because those hurt like the pope giving you a charlie horse or more like one of his swiss guard doing it and anyway I shouldn't talk about that stuff because I've got this deadline and I don't think I'm ever going to finish it if I don't get these new hires in here and it's going to get busier if I win this cool project that I interviewed for yesterday and I'm one of the finalists and so is my former employer who I want to beat want to beat want to beat and also want to win this contract from but this is the only area where they're still competent so they're tough competition but I hope I win because the good guys really should win in the end while the bad guys move to Arizona and boy I'd really like to go home except it's going to be a cold walk and anyway thanks for listening and I guess I'll get back to work now since it's been a busy week.

KcMizzou
01-15-2005, 09:34 PM
That's a hell of a sentence.

tk13
01-15-2005, 09:36 PM
ENOUGH OF THE THREADS FOR RUN-ON SENTENCES! FOOOOO! KIDS ARE HERE, DO YOU WANT TO TEACH THEM BAD GRAMMAR???????!!!!!!

KcMizzou
01-15-2005, 09:37 PM
ENOUGH OF THE THREADS FOR RUN-ON SENTENCES! FOOOOO! KIDS ARE HERE, DO YOU WANT TO TEACH THEM BAD GRAMMAR???????!!!!!!ROFL

Any idea where a guy can buy some weed?*

* This post is strictly TIC... please don't come and arrest me.

Rain Man
01-15-2005, 09:38 PM
I found some popcorn and I'm popping it because I've had way too much chocolate tonight but underneath the microwave there's a big chocolate Santa Claus that some subcontractor sent us and it's just me and Santa in the office and it's hard to resist the temptation of eating his entire head and shoulders but I know I shouldn't and anyway I've got the popcorn which is really Kettle Corn that I like much better and I'm kind of intrigued by the fact that you can navigate over half of the Amazon River for under $400 if you take a local boat and sleep in a hammock on the deck but I don't think I want to go that rustic so I'll probably do something a little higher on the comfort scale but I'm never going to go if I don't get these things done for Monday.

Skip Towne
01-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm emailing you a form to sign and fax back to me. It gives me control of your company until you get to feeling better. Just go on home now and I'm taking a flight to Denver tomorrow morning. Everything will be alright. Get plenty of rest and call me at the office later this week.

LiL stumppy
01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
ROFL

Any idea where a guy can buy some weed?

ROFL

go bowe
01-15-2005, 11:30 PM
ROFL

Any idea where a guy can buy some weed?*

newfoundland, apparently... :D :D :D

Count Zarth
01-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Rep.

KS Smitty
01-15-2005, 11:42 PM
I found some popcorn and I'm popping it because I've had way too much chocolate tonight but underneath the microwave there's a big chocolate Santa Claus that some subcontractor sent us and it's just me and Santa in the office and it's hard to resist the temptation of eating his entire head and shoulders but I know I shouldn't and anyway I've got the popcorn which is really Kettle Corn that I like much better and I'm kind of intrigued by the fact that you can navigate over half of the Amazon River for under $400 if you take a local boat and sleep in a hammock on the deck but I don't think I want to go that rustic so I'll probably do something a little higher on the comfort scale but I'm never going to go if I don't get these things done for Monday.

Ok Rainman I'm only going to say this once, don't eat the head and shoulders of Santa cuz then he couldn't hear your wishes for next year and also he couldn't carry his bag of toys since he wouldn't have shoulders, just eat his feet and legs cuz he can at least drag the toys from his sled without legs and feet and it would decrease the drag on him coming down chimneys which means he could bring more presents and that would make everyone very much happier than if he couldn't carry presents or even find the chimneys since you ate his head and that would be a really big drag on Christmas if there were no presents under the tree because he didn't have a head (and eyes) and no shoulders to heft the bag over so I sure hope that the Santa is safe and we all get presents next year.

go bowe
01-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Ok Rainman I'm only going to say this once, don't eat the head and shoulders of Santa cuz then he couldn't hear your wishes for next year and also he couldn't carry his bag of toys since he wouldn't have shoulders, just eat his feet and legs cuz he can at least drag the toys from his sled without legs and feet and it would decrease the drag on him coming down chimneys which means he could bring more presents and that would make everyone very much happier than if he couldn't carry presents or even find the chimneys since you ate his head and that would be a really big drag on Christmas if there were no presents under the tree because he didn't have a head (and eyes) and no shoulders to heft the bag over so I sure hope that the Santa is safe and we all get presents next year.yeah!

free santa, free santa! :Peace: :Peace: :Peace: :bong: http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif

CosmicPal
01-16-2005, 09:29 AM
I've got to quit smoking, cause it took me more than one breath to read that entire sentence.

ExtremeChief
01-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Maybe you should borrow some commas from Chiefs4me. No, scratch that. Take them away from her, then everyone wins.

Mr. Kotter
01-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Okay, I'm still at work at nine o'clock on a Saturday night and I've been here since 8:30 this morning and I'm going to have to work tomorrow too and I've got three things due Monday that I've been working on and keep getting pulled off of and it's been a rough week because I had some big tumor thing on my back and I had to go to the doctor and get it taken off and checked out and it was benign but now I have this thing that looks like a bullet hole in my back that's all bloody and oozing and while I was there they decided that I should do a physical since I'm forty-one years old and there were two pieces of good news in my prostate exam since not only was everything fine but I was able to confirm that I'm not at all into being violated anally not at all and I get to go to New York this week which is normally a good thing but I have a meeting the night before so I have to fly out at midnight and get there and six in the morning and then sleep in Central Park until my meeting at noon and then sleep in Central Park until my flight back later that evening so I'm not going to have a pleasure-filled trip and then we're hiring people so I was interviewing all week and some of the candidates were pretty good so I'm happy about that but they're weeks from starting and I still have this big deliverable I've got to get out which is kind of hard when you've got a bullet hole in your back and since I caught a ride downtown I'm going to have to walk home tonight and it's kind of dark and cold but I got to go have a hamburger for lunch with my father in law who is pretty cool and he's a combat veteran so you have to respect that and I've been drinking sodas all night and eating chocolate because that's the only stuff in the office other than the Hunan beef frozen dinner which was pretty good, and my wife has given me permission to make a solo trip to the Amazon next year so I keep getting distracted and looking at tours since I'm not sure if I want to do the upper Amazon or the lower Amazon and I guess I'm supposed to bring crayons to trade with small jungle children but I'm not sure exactly what I'm trading for and I hope it's not yellow fever because I haven't had my yellow fever shot yet even though I just went to the doctor this week and he gave me a tetanus shot just to get started and I'm hoping I don't have to get a typhoid shot because those hurt like the pope giving you a charlie horse or more like one of his swiss guard doing it and anyway I shouldn't talk about that stuff because I've got this deadline and I don't think I'm ever going to finish it if I don't get these new hires in here and it's going to get busier if I win this cool project that I interviewed for yesterday and I'm one of the finalists and so is my former employer who I want to beat want to beat want to beat and also want to win this contract from but this is the only area where they're still competent so they're tough competition but I hope I win because the good guys really should win in the end while the bad guys move to Arizona and boy I'd really like to go home except it's going to be a cold walk and anyway thanks for listening and I guess I'll get back to work now since it's been a busy week.

I've found if I post less on CP, I actually get more done at work. :(

Cannibal
01-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Okay, I'm still at work at nine o'clock on a Saturday night and I've been here since 8:30 this morning and I'm going to have to work tomorrow too

You might not have to work the weekend if you would stop posting on an internet BB while at work...
:thumb:

Cannibal
01-16-2005, 05:38 PM
I've found if I post less on CP, I actually get more done at work. :(

Beat me to it.

Rain Man
01-16-2005, 05:58 PM
This is the thanks I get for sharing my wisdom over 27,000 times? Get off my mountain.

Cannibal
01-16-2005, 06:01 PM
This is the thanks I get for sharing my wisdom over 27,000 times? Get off my mountain.

Sorry about that... now get back to work!

[j/k]

ROFL

Rain Man
01-16-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh. Good idea.