PDA

View Full Version : How in the $#@& did we ever beat the Falcons???

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 01:54 AM
These guys are now in the NFC Championship game and we beat them down by about 7 TD's didnt we?? We exposed Vick as a fraud right?? Gunther must have got his guys hopped up on some wacky weed that day because they never played that good again all year.

tk13
01-16-2005, 01:55 AM
You're really going to be kicking yourself when they're playing in the Super Bowl in three weeks....

Miles
01-16-2005, 01:56 AM
You're really going to be kicking yourself when they're playing in the Super Bowl in three weeks....

Especially if its against the Colts...

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 01:57 AM

That aint no lie! Ive already started!

Phobia
01-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I think Eric Warfield should host a team party each night before a game.

Frazod
01-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Especially if its against the Colts...

Wouldn't that be a swift kick in the sack - we finish 7-9, no playoffs, 3rd place out of 4 teams in the division, and the Super Bowl comes down to two teams we beat.

What a f#cking waste this season was.

:banghead:

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 01:59 AM
I just cant figure out if the Chiefs are really close to being great..or if they are far away from it?? I just dont get it??

Count Alex's Losses
01-16-2005, 02:02 AM
It's just parity. The teams that can do it week in and week out are the "good teams" these days. We didn't.

Phobia
01-16-2005, 02:04 AM
I just cant figure out if the Chiefs are really close to being great..or if they are far away from it?? I just dont get it??

Far away, IMO. I think 28 of the 32 teams are pretty evenly matched in terms of football skills on their team. If one team is weak at RB, they're going to make up for it with a really incredible safety and visa versa. You kinda understand what I'm trying to say....

The difference is consistency. This is where coaching and discipline comes about.

The Chiefs played as well or better than anybody the days they beat the Colts and the Falcons. I'm not sure any team in the history of the NFL could have beat them on those days.

But our weakness (with the exception of our D) is consistency.

It's kinda like my golf game. I promise that I have PGA distance off the tee box. I have PGA distance with my long Irons. But hell if I can put my whole game together. I have no consistency. That makes me a BAD golfer despite all the talent I have. Heh heh.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 02:06 AM
The difference is consistency. This is where coaching and discipline comes about.

Good Points.......This kind of makes you wonder if Vermeil is the right coach to get thses guys over the hump? Im starting to have my doubts.

tk13
01-16-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure anybody's really that far away from greatness in the NFL these days unless you're a complete rebuilding job like the Browns or something. You give the Chiefs Dante's mysterious fumble against SD and Tynes' PAT against Jacksonville back and we're probably playing San Diego for a playoff spot in that last week of the season.

FloridaChief
01-16-2005, 02:08 AM

No way they get past the Eagles/Vikings....

Frazod
01-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Good Points.......This kind of makes you wonder if Vermeil is the right coach to get thses guys over the hump? Im starting to have my doubts.

I'd fire him tomorrow if it were up to me. He's had four years to build a team. He's built exactly one-half of a team. I have little to no confidence in his ability to do jack shit next year.

Manila-Chief
01-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Far away, IMO. I think 28 of the 32 teams are pretty evenly matched in terms of football skills on their team. If one team is weak at RB, they're going to make up for it with a really incredible safety and visa versa. You kinda understand what I'm trying to say....

The Chiefs played as well or better than anybody the days they beat the Colts and the Falcons. I'm not sure any team in the history of the NFL could have beat them on those days.

But our weakness (with the exception of our D) is consistency.

It's kinda like my golf game. I promise that I have PGA distance off the tee box. I have PGA distance with my long Irons. But hell if I can put my whole game together. I have no consistency. That makes me a BAD golfer despite all the talent I have. Heh heh.

And, I thought it was your lack of having a quality set of clubs. They do make all the difference.....

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure anybody's really that far away from greatness in the NFL these days unless you're a complete rebuilding job like the Browns or something. You give the Chiefs Dante's mysterious fumble against SD and Tynes' PAT against Jacksonville back and we're probably playing San Diego for a playoff spot in that last week of the season.
What he said.

FloridaChief
01-16-2005, 02:12 AM
I have little to no confidence in his ability to do jack shit next year.

Exactly. I've lost all enthusiasm I ever had for the guy and can't wait for '06 and a new HC...

Frazod

Shit, their SECOND STRING beat us. I hate to think how bad it would have been if that game had actually meant something to them. :shake:

tk13
No way they get past the Eagles/Vikings....
The Eagles have the blitzing defense to stop them for sure, the Falcons hopes rest on the Vick factor. He has to make stuff happen. I think defensively the Falcons can handle the Eagles though without TO....

I think they'd blow the Vikings out though.

Phobia
01-16-2005, 02:13 AM
And, I thought it was your lack of having a quality set of clubs. They do make all the difference.....

I have great sticks. Titleist and Callaway throughout. It's not the sticks. It's the shitty golfer.

|Zach|
Shit, their SECOND STRING beat us. I hate to think how bad it would have been if that game had actually meant something to them. :shake:
That game sucked...but I have a hard time believing it would have shaped out like that had the Chiefs been in the playoff hunt.

Deberg_1990
I'd fire him tomorrow if it were up to me. He's had four years to build a team. He's built exactly one-half of a team. I have little to no confidence in his ability to do jack shit next year.

Kind of hard to argue against that logic when you see a 1st year coach lke Mora and the job he has done.

tk13
01-16-2005, 02:14 AM
Actually I think they probably would've still had the division clinched and we'd actually still had something to play for, but that's a lot of what if's...

Manila-Chief
01-16-2005, 02:16 AM

Fraz ... I tend to agree with you. Seems to me that he is not the hard nose coach that he was in Phill and St. Arch???? I've been behind him coz he has been there done a SB ... but, if he has lost it ... there is no way we will win a S.B.????

I would not be upset at all if there were a total house cleaning... Kingless, the scouting staff, D.V. and the coaches.... coz, if we don't win it this year we will be in for a rebuilding process... so, to get it started a year earlier would be okay with me.

As I said in another thread ... I have hope ... but it is a wavering hope. Don't believe we have a sure fire winner. But, of course the complete failure of last year may just wake D.V. up????

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Kind of hard to argue against that logic when you see a 1st year coach lke Mora and the job he has done.
So you take a single first year coaches sucess and make a theory on it and discount records of other first year coaches the last few years?

Phobia
01-16-2005, 02:17 AM

Yeah. I think that hugs philosophy only gets you so far. Likewise, I think the fire and brimstone Lombardi coaching style won't sail in today's NFL. I think a healthy balance is perfect.

Dick Vermeil hasn't shown that balance and the team is a reflection of him. Unfortunately.

I think he can win a SB with this team. But everything has to fall our way for that to happen. WTF are the chances of that happening?

I see another 13-3 and first round playoff exit coming. I also predict a rush for step ladders and rope.

BigMeatballDave
I'm not sure anybody's really that far away from greatness in the NFL these days unless you're a complete rebuilding job like the Browns or something. You give the Chiefs Dante's mysterious fumble against SD and Tynes' PAT against Jacksonville back and we're probably playing San Diego for a playoff spot in that last week of the season.Even better; What if that pick Trent throws in the Endzone vs. Houston isn't returned for a TD? What if Kennison doesn't fumble on his way to a score in Tampa? Or Morton doesnt cough it up against the Saints? 12-4?

Frazod
Well, it's a moot point now. And thinking about it just pisses me off.

Manila-Chief
01-16-2005, 02:19 AM
I have great sticks. Titleist and Callaway throughout. It's not the sticks. It's the shitty golfer.

Then it's gotta be the balls you use. Or, maybe your hat? Your our leader and surely it is not you?

tk13
01-16-2005, 02:20 AM
That's the Dunta Robinson argument... "well there's one good rookie corner so all rookie corners must be good". That completely ignores that not every first year player and coach is that successful. I think Mora deserves all the credit in the world but let's not forget that the reason that team sucked last year is because Vick got hurt. He was very lucky in that regard... most first year coaches don't get the most electric player in the league right off the bat.

Phobia
I would not be upset at all if there were a total house cleaning... Kingless, the scouting staff, D.V. and the coaches....

I think that bolded section is a lot bigger than we realize. Our drafts are destroying our ability to compete. Look at the Patriots. Belechick wasn't a genius in Cleveland and he wasn't a genius in New Jersey. Why did he turn into a genius in Foxboro? Because his FO got him the players he wanted and needed.

|Zach|
That's the Dunta Robinson argument... "well there's one good rookie corner so all rookie corners must be good". That completely ignores that not every first year player and coach is that successful. I think Mora deserves all the credit in the world but let's not forget that the reason that team sucked last year is because Vick got hurt. He was very lucky in that regard... most first year coaches don't get the most electric player in the league right off the bat.
He is the king of making arguments of this nature...

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:21 AM
I think that bolded section is a lot bigger than we realize. Our drafts are destroying our ability to compete. Look at the Patriots. Belechick wasn't a genius in Cleveland and he wasn't a genius in New Jersey. Why did he turn into a genius in Foxboro? Because his FO got him the players he wanted and needed.
Yes, I believe we need better player evaluators in drafting...

Much much much better ones...

Phobia
01-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Then it's gotta be the balls you use. Or, maybe your hat? Your our leader and surely it is not you?

I've tried every ball on the market. ProV1's make me a better golfer and peanut butter and jelly diner. I like steak too much to play the ProV1.

It could be my hat. I may have to buy a new one. I only have about 50 from which to choose.

I'm almost convinced. It can't be that I'm a crappy golfer. There must be some other explanation.

FloridaChief
01-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Yes, I believe we need better player evaluators in drafting...

Yep. This is absolutely killing us, moreso than any other postional coach, scout, or player..

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:25 AM
Yep. This is absolutely killing us, moreso than any other postional coach, scout, or player..
I agree.

Demonpenz
you try closing your grip alittle more?

Phobia

BULLSHIT. We should have drafted Rashaun Woods.

Phobia
01-16-2005, 02:26 AM
you try closing your grip alittle more?

Shut up, funny man. I know you aren't even talking about golf. Don't pretend to give me masturbation tips either. I'm the best masturbator I've ever had.

tk13
01-16-2005, 02:26 AM
It'll be the defining part of the Vermeil era for sure, but I always believe in drafting well in just about any sport, it's the cheapest and most effective way to build a team. You look at a team like the Jets today and they drafted all these players on defense to go along with some "lesser known" free agents like Eric Barton and Reggie Tongue, and they had the #4 defense in the league that really should've won them the game today and put them one step away from the Super Bowl.

FloridaChief
01-16-2005, 02:27 AM
BULLSHIT. We should have drafted Rashaun Woods.

Michael Clayton, damnit! Clayton would have led us to the Super Bowl this year, no doubt....

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 02:28 AM
It'll be the defining part of the Vermeil era for sure, but I always believe in drafting well in just about any sport, it's the cheapest and most effective way to build a team. You look at a team like the Jets today and they drafted all these players on defense to go along with some "lesser known" free agents like Eric Barton and Reggie Tongue, and they had the #4 defense in the league that really should've won them the game today and put them one step away from the Super Bowl.

The Jets should have won that game. It was theirs for the taking.....Roethisberger should be bowing down to the Football gods tonight. He played a horrible game.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:28 AM
I took up Golf for the first time last summer...what an enjoyable experience. I just want to be good enough to be able to not be annoying with a set of guys who are golfers...i dont need to be good. I just need to be not bad. If that makes any sense. I was lucky enough to be able to golf for free at the country club i worked at this past summer. Saved me some dollas.

Demonpenz
01-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Shut up, funny man. I know you aren't even talking about golf. Don't pretend to give me masturbation tips either. I'm the best masturbator I've ever had.

Naw I was talking golf. I am probably the worse golfer ever, but towards the end of my years trying to play I tried closing my grip more and I played better.

Demonpenz
01-16-2005, 02:30 AM
I took up Golf for the first time last summer...what an enjoyable experience. I just want to be good enough to be able to not be annoying with a set of guys who are golfers...i dont need to be good. I just need to be not bad. If that makes any sense. I was lucky enough to be able to golf for free at the country club i worked at this past summer. Saved me some dollas.

I played a ton two years ago. I sucked so much i would just stop playing and watch because i would hit the ball 90 degrees to the right. I stick to bowling

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:31 AM
I played a ton two years ago. I sucked so much i would just stop playing and watch because i would hit the ball 90 degrees to the right. I stick to bowling
All of my buddies played when they were going up and continued throughout high school...it sucks it took so long fo rme to get into it. I just enjoy being outdoors and spending time with my friends.

tk13
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah, that's me. Mr. 120, ready for his tee time. All you people behind me will be playing through today, enjoy your trip.

FloridaChief
01-16-2005, 02:33 AM
The Jets should have won that game. It was theirs for the taking.....Roethisberger should be bowing down to the Football gods tonight. He played a horrible game.

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, he barely played *just* well enough to win, given the breaks the Steelers got. That's not going to be good enough against the Patriots/Colts. He's going to have to elevate his game next week and I can't think of any rookie QBs offhand who have been in his position and suceeded....

Deberg_1990
01-16-2005, 02:34 AM
I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, he barely played *just* well enough to win, given the breaks the Steelers got. That's not going to be good enough against the Patriots/Colts. He's going to have to elevate his game next week and I can't think of any rookie QBs offhand who have been in his position and suceeded....

He threw a horrible INT at the end that shoud have sealed the game for the Jets. But he missed...

Demonpenz
01-16-2005, 02:34 AM
I heard from my friend in new england the field is nice and slushy for tomorrows game.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah, that's me. Mr. 120, ready for his tee time. All you people behind me will be playing through today, enjoy your trip.
I had this weird thing where I was a member of a country club and I also worked there...anyone behind me would be nice to me because they knew I would prob be serving them food and getting them drunk that night. ROFL

Phobia
01-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Naw I was talking golf. I am probably the worse golfer ever, but towards the end of my years trying to play I tried closing my grip more and I played better.

Yeah, my grip is perfect. I strike the ball well and I hit it where I want it to go most of the time (when I'm playing regularly). I just can't put my whole game together. One day I'm hitting fairways and greens, but I can't putt. The next day, I'm hitting fairways and knocking down puts, but can't chip worth a damn. I'm a mess. I'm sure it's 90% in my head. When I play with great players, I play much, much better.

But, the past 2 years, I haven't played more than 6 times a year. For the 5 years prior to that, I was playing multiple times per week year around. You can't improve your game if you aren't playing at least once a week, IMO.

Demonpenz
01-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Yeah, my grip is perfect. I strike the ball well and I hit it where I want it to go most of the time (when I'm playing regularly). I just can't put my whole game together. One day I'm hitting fairways and greens, but I can't putt. The next day, I'm hitting fairways and knocking down puts, but can't chip worth a damn. I'm a mess. I'm sure it's 90% in my head. When I play with great players, I play much, much better.

But, the past 2 years, I haven't played more than 6 times a year. For the 5 years prior to that, I was playing multiple times per week year around. You can't improve your game if you aren't playing at least once a week, IMO.

if there is any game that is all mental. It's golf

tk13
01-16-2005, 02:39 AM

Yeah, that's me right there. I don't hit it for super great distance but I've had days where I'm just drilling it down the middle of the fairway and missing everything short and days where I'm hacking all over the fairway but one or two-putt every green....

Miles
01-16-2005, 02:51 AM

You pretty much described how i play. I have never been able to put it all together with any consistancy. Even when i have a good round one part of my game will be off.

Ari Chi3fs
01-16-2005, 03:00 AM
I've tried every ball on the market. ProV1's make me a better golfer and peanut butter and jelly diner. I like steak too much to play the ProV1.

It could be my hat. I may have to buy a new one. I only have about 50 from which to choose.

I'm almost convinced. It can't be that I'm a crappy golfer. There must be some other explanation.

well, Imelda... it must be your shoes... buy new shoes. Shoes are what you need. Philmelda Marcos... buy some shoes.

Phobia
01-16-2005, 03:03 AM
well, Imelda... it must be your shoes... buy new shoes. Shoes are what you need. Philmelda Marcos... buy some shoes.

You do not want to know how many pairs of golf shoes I have.

Taco John
01-16-2005, 03:18 AM
It's just parity. The teams that can do it week in and week out are the "good teams" these days. We didn't.

ROFL

I'm speechless...

Ari Chi3fs
01-16-2005, 03:31 AM
You do not want to know how many pairs of golf shoes I have.

Philmelda... I have a pretty good idea.

Pants
01-16-2005, 03:36 AM
Philmelda... I have a pretty good idea.

What's with this Philmelda shit?

CHIEF4EVER
01-16-2005, 03:37 AM
ROFL

I'm speechless...

That's nice to know as your team is one of those that we beat the everlovin poop out of.......:p

Chiefs Pantalones
01-16-2005, 03:46 AM

IF they get there.

I'll tell you what, if they get to the Super Bowl with a QB that only goes 12-16 82yds 2tds, then the NFC is REALLY weak (granted, he didn't have to throw the ball because the Rams made like the Chiefs, and let them run at will against them, but still, Vick can't pass the football and can't read defenses). And they will be whipped. The Super Bowl is the AFC Championship game, basically.

Pants
01-16-2005, 03:52 AM
IF they get there.

I'll tell you what, if they get to the Super Bowl with a QB that only goes 12-16 82yds 2tds, then the NFC is REALLY weak (granted, he didn't have to throw the ball because the Rams made like the Chiefs, and let them run at will against them, but still, Vick can't pass the football and can't read defenses). And they will be whipped. The Super Bowl is the AFC Championship game, basically.

I think the Superbowl is tomorrow's game: Indy vs Pats.

Count Alex's Losses
01-16-2005, 04:22 AM
ROFL

I'm speechless...

Do you have another description for it? The Chiefs were capable of beating good football teams this year (more than the Donks can say). For some reason they farted around against bad ones.

It's parity....

We made plays in the 4th quarter last year. This year we took dumps.

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
I promise that I have PGA distance off the tee box. I have PGA distance with my long Irons.... .

And he's just talking about the distance he gets when he throws the driver off the tee box.

Seriously, he can definitely hit the snot outta of a golf ball.

RINGLEADER
01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
I think it was just one of those games where the other team was prepared to take the loss. Seems to happen every year. We snuffed the Niners in '95 I think when they were something like 11-1. We snuffed the Packers in '96 during their Super Bowl year. Even the best teams seem to lay down for a game or two each year. I think it would be quite funny if the Colts and Falcons make it to the Super Bowl after getting thumped by the Chiefs.

4th and Long
01-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Every team that defeated the Falcons this year used the exact same formula. They went all out after Vick.