PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Marination!

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 03:02 AM
I got s Foreman Grill for my apartment this semester and I have been trying to eat a little better. Nothing crazy just going easy on the fast food and the total junk and working out more.

I am going to be eating a lot more chicken. What do you folks reccomend as far as marinades go? I know in my family we generally marinate chicken in italian dressing, everyone loves it...

What are some other options I have. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Miles
01-16-2005, 03:06 AM
If your grocery store has them you cant go wrong with any of the prudhomme marinades.

Also i find that thiner chicken breasts work much better with the foreman. The thicker ones tend to get a little rubbery.

Monty
01-16-2005, 03:16 AM
KC Masterpiece (http://www.kcmasterpiece.com/mar.html) makes a couple of marinades that aren't too bad. The Golden Honey Dijon is my personal favorite for grilling. Lowry's used to have some decent marinades too, but I haven't been shopping in so long, I don't even know if they're still out there or not.

Kerberos
01-16-2005, 05:44 AM
McCormick makes some KICK AZZ spice blends:

Montery,
Southwest,
and a few others ... the Southwest is my favorite.

You put a little salt and pepper and then the southwest seasoning and let it sit for a couple of hours then grill it on o'le george and it will be pretty tasty!

If you use realy good cuts of lean beef you can use the McCormick Montreal Seasoning .. that is one of my personal favorites on Steak!

Never tried it on chicken ?

Cliff

Big Chief Homer
01-16-2005, 07:22 AM
Also try Lawry's brand marinades.they are awesome.you can get them in the grocery store like some of the guys mentioned.I use the carribean jerk,hawiian and honey teri. all the time.they have like 4 more flavors.

I use the hawiian on pork shoulder steaks then throw them on the grill.they come out like ribs.(without the bones)good stuff.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Try Lawry's Tequilla Lime Chickend Marinade.

Or do this one, which I made myself:

Worchestershire Sauce
Chipotle Flavor Tabasco Sauce
Garlic Salt
Lemon Pepper
1 whole lime, mashed and drained
2 quick shots of lemon juice
1 mashed and drained serrano pepper
2 orange slices, mashed and drained

I call it....Citrus Southwest Chicken

TheChiefofSoCal
01-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Beer and Lemon...salt and pepper the chiken,then tenderize with a fork.Place chiken in a container then ad lemon slices and beer.Drink remaining Beer.

Phobia
01-16-2005, 09:46 AM
I've found that chicken marinades aren't very efficient unless they're injected. I suggest injecting them and I recommend Stubbs products.

Iowanian
01-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Go Simple.

Italian dressing, salt-pepper-jalepeno salt and Lemon pepper.

Baste with honey.

Big Chief Homer
01-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Go Simple.

Italian dressing, salt-pepper-jalepeno salt and Lemon pepper.

Baste with honey.

have to try that one, thanks :thumb:

craneref
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
My wife using a marinade of Mango and Pineapple, prick chicken with fork, put in conatainer cover with Mango and Pineapple and marinate over night. We don't use much salt and pepper here (wife is in control of sodium intake :( ) but works great for fajita's as well. Great flavor and goes well with any other side dishes.

redhed
01-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Get ya some fresh ginger, some soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seed, and some green onion. Make a sauce, and put the chix in it for a coupla hours. MMMmm-boy!!

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up everyone

Iowanian
01-16-2005, 03:42 PM
To be clear..........The Honey basted chicken is different than the dressing/lemonpepper chicken.

I like the honey on the beercan chicken, stuffed with apples. I think its sec's turkey recipee and its awesome.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 03:57 PM
To be clear..........The Honey basted chicken is different than the dressing/lemonpepper chicken.

I like the honey on the beercan chicken, stuffed with apples. I think its sec's turkey recipee and its awesome.
Damn that sounds good...

Monty
01-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I've found that chicken marinades aren't very efficient unless they're injected. I suggest injecting them and I recommend Stubbs products.

Good point, I meant to mention that the chicken should be injected or allowed to marinate 24 hours. Either will do the trick.

gblowfish
01-16-2005, 09:58 PM
If you want to keep it cheap, any store brand Italian Dressing with a little real lemon and some Old Bay seasoning. Poke the chicken with a fork, marinade it in a plastic baggie overnight. Old Bay is a really great seasoning. Use it to steam shrimp, use it in soups, on potato salad, real good on just about anything. You'll find it usually next to the seafood. If you're in Columbia Nowell's or Gerbes will have it for sure.

Miles
01-16-2005, 10:22 PM

Cool, I will try out the injecting thing. Also like the stubbs reccomedation. They make some good stuff. If you are out of the KC market the also make some pretty good BBQ sauce.

Mr. Kotter
01-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Put the lime and the coconut....and eat 'em all up...

bkkcoh
01-17-2005, 05:50 AM
pineapple juice and cataline dressing, a nice little Hawaiin flavor... Quite Tasty....

Saggysack
01-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Try Lawry's Tequilla Lime Chickend Marinade.

Or do this one, which I made myself:

Worchestershire Sauce
Chipotle Flavor Tabasco Sauce
Garlic Salt
Lemon Pepper
1 whole lime, mashed and drained
2 quick shots of lemon juice
1 mashed and drained serrano pepper
2 orange slices, mashed and drained

I call it....Citrus Southwest Chicken

Lawry's Tequilla Lime marinade is great. Will have to try that southwest chicken recipe. Sounds fantastic

KCFalcon59
01-17-2005, 09:29 AM
McCormick makes some KICK AZZ spice blends:

Montery,
Southwest,
and a few others ... the Southwest is my favorite.

You put a little salt and pepper and then the southwest seasoning and let it sit for a couple of hours then grill it on o'le george and it will be pretty tasty!

If you use realy good cuts of lean beef you can use the McCormick Montreal Seasoning .. that is one of my personal favorites on Steak!

Never tried it on chicken ?

Cliff

This is true. I've eaten plenty of Cliff's cooking. Out of this world good stuff. He is a master.

ptlyon
01-17-2005, 10:10 AM
This is for a crock pot, not a george foreman, but "Crockery Gormet" for chicken is awesome. It is a mix you put in with your chix and it makes an awesome gravy.

NewChief
01-17-2005, 10:23 AM
An easy one:

Fresh grated ginger
Garlic
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Salt
Fresh cracked pepper

Marinate for a few hours, toss in a skillet and cook.

bricks
01-17-2005, 10:45 AM
If you want, try this one, Marinated Teriyaki Chicken.

INGREDIENTS:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite size pieces

2 cups dry white wine, divided

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 onion

1 green bell pepper, diced

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce

DIRECTIONS:

To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Pour 1 1/2 cups of wine over chicken, then sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour.

Heat vegetable oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper for 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any remaining marinade. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken, adding teriyaki sauce to 'sear'. Braise with remaining white wine and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.

Add onion/bell pepper mixture to chicken and heat through, stirring. Serve hot.

KCFalcon59
01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Fresh garlic cloves chopped and soy sauce. marinate the chicken breasts for 3-4 hours. Grill. yummy.