PDA

View Full Version : Gee, sure was smart not to puruse Trotter, eh?

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 01:20 PM
:rolleyes:
Dude is SHREDDING Minnesota

Miles
01-16-2005, 01:22 PM
He is really badass, but its not like we had any shot at signing him. He didnt even talk to any other teams and just wanted to go back to philly.

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 01:26 PM
He floated around the free agent pool for quite some time before Philly brought him in. We had every opportunity to make the move, but CP and DV sat on their f*cking thumbs :grr:

Even AFTER Maz & Mitchell went down with injuries in TC, they did nothing to fix the decimated LB corps.

Cocksuckers

Phobia
01-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I think some players gel well in certain environments. Philly is obviously Trotters. Who knows what would have happened in KC, if anything. His last stop was horrible.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-16-2005, 01:39 PM
According to one of my co-workers, who's a big Redskin fan, Trotter made it very clear he was returning to the Eagles or no one after last season. Snyder offered to throw big money at him, wasn't interested.

Even if we had gone with him, he wasn't interested.

Bowser
01-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Wasn't he coming off of a serious knee injury in Washington?

That, and he's obviously not a "profile" guy. Do you see the rage and intensity he's playing with? Vermeil would never go for a defender like that.

:rolleyes:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-16-2005, 01:42 PM
He was, but the Redskins were impressed by his progress in therapy. However, he'd had enough of "Little Napoleon" Snyder and "We don't need no blockers" Spurrier.

Although, I think he'd have enjoyed playing under Greg Williams. The Redskins were the anti-Chiefs this year. Great D, no offense at ALL

Cochise
01-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Trotter made it very clear he was returning to the Eagles or no one after last season. Snyder offered to throw big money at him, wasn't interested.

That is how I remember it. He wasn't even talking to other teams.

I know the 'damnit Carl' mentality is prevalent around here, but sheesh...

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 03:30 PM
He is really badass, but its not like we had any shot at signing him. He didnt even talk to any other teams and just wanted to go back to philly.

that is a rumor... i believe started by TRR

i still have a hard time believing that Trotter wouldn't of come to Kansas city for more money.

he signed with philly for the league minimum.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 03:32 PM
According to one of my co-workers, who's a big Redskin fan, Trotter made it very clear he was returning to the Eagles or no one after last season. Snyder offered to throw big money at him, wasn't interested.

Even if we had gone with him, he wasn't interested.

and did this co-worker actually talk to trotter?

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Would you stupid ****ers please stop whining about someone we didn't even have a shot at getting?

You honestly think NO ONE in the league made Trotter an offer above the vet min?

Might as well be bitching about us not drafting Peyton Manning.

HC_Chief
01-16-2005, 03:45 PM
How did we not have a shot at getting Trotter? :hmmm:
He was a FA... sat on the market for quite some time before he signed with Philly.

Hell, even the media in KC talked about him being a possibility.

Or I guess you could believe the whole "we're out of money" BS. :rolleyes:

Miles
01-16-2005, 03:47 PM
that is a rumor... i believe started by TRR

i still have a hard time believing that Trotter wouldn't of come to Kansas city for more money.

he signed with philly for the league minimum.

Im not sure. One of my friends is a big Philly fan and said that he only wanted to play for them. I have read the same thing on other NFL boards as well.

If it was just a rumor i dont think it was just from here. Still it makes sense and fits with how the Eagles front office works.

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Im not sure. One of my friends is a big Philly fan and said that he only wanted to play for them. I have read the same thing on other NFL boards as well.

If it was just a rumor i dont think it was just from here.TRR just pulled a tomcash and posted all of that stuff on all of those forums. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 03:51 PM
How did we not have a shot at getting Trotter? :hmmm:
He was a FA... sat on the market for quite some time before he signed with Philly.

Hell, even the media in KC talked about him being a possibility.

Or I guess you could believe the whole "we're out of money" BS. :rolleyes:
some people are just in denial ...

any FA that doesn't sign with us gets the mysterious "they just didnt want to sign here" label.

apparently Money only counts when other teams sign players

in reality, i doubt we even tried ... we had drafted mitchell and weren't interested in Trotter would be a closer to reality situation IMO.

it was a mistake

Mr. Laz
01-16-2005, 03:54 PM

If it was just a rumor i dont think it was just from here. Still it makes sense and fits with how the Eagles front office works.

considering a year before Trotter had demanding that philly trade him or drop the franchise tag etc in a public mess, i don't see how it could make so much sense.

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 03:54 PM
Laz, you're retarded.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 03:58 PM
You honestly think NO ONE in the league made Trotter an offer above the vet min?

Yup

Miles
01-16-2005, 04:02 PM
considering a year before Trotter had demanding that philly trade him or drop the franchise tag etc in a public mess, i don't see how it could make so much sense.

Yeah he did leave on really bad terms. But Hough Douglass didnt leave on good terms either. Just that their front office works very business like and dont seem to make emotional decesions. Trotter went for the money and went beging back for philly to revitalize his career.

In most instances i agree with what you are saying about making a play for FA's. But this is one of the rare instances where i think we had no chance at all. Maybe if we would have tossed a large amount of money he way...but that wouldnt have been responsible at that time since he was injured.

Didnt he also sign with Phlly even though he couldnt pass a physical? Though that may have been a rumor.

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 04:05 PM
YupAnd if nobody in the league went after him, what does that say about Trotter's perceived value? He did ****-all in Washington for two years, and was coming off an injury.

I love how "DAMNIT, CARL!!!!!!" is a real, automatic response to anything that doesn't go our way. I think he's an ass, I think a lot of his decisions are stupid, and I want to see him leave as soon as possible... but good God, sometimes you have to realize he has access to more info than those of us who are just staring a moniter and reading news reports and rumors.

Even Scott Pioli wasn't smart enough to direct the Pats to the Trotter Train! Choo choo!

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 04:07 PM
And if nobody in the league went after him, what does that say about Trotter's perceived value? He did ****-all in Washington for two years, and was coming off an injury.

I love how "DAMNIT, CARL!!!!!!" is a real, automatic response to anything that doesn't go our way.

Even Scott Pioli wasn't smart enough to direct the Pats to the Trotter Train! Choo choo!
http://www.llamatreks.co.uk/images/inf_c.jpg

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Llamas will one day take over the earth.

|Zach|
01-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Llamas will one day take over the earth.
http://www.trekshare.com/members/maltschu/images/tjimage46208.jpg

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
I bet Trotter would look very funny riding on that llama's back.

ZootedGranny
01-16-2005, 05:28 PM
There was an article in ESPN magazine about Trotter basically saying he would've played for Philly and Philly only.

Ultra Peanut
01-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Trotter only said that because he read a post by TRR on the intraweb.

KcMizzou
01-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Trotter only said that because he read a post by TRR on the intraweb.

Larry Smith : "I don't even have an internet."

DanT
01-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Linebacker Bill Romanowski was llama-like in the way he greeted J.J. Stokes on Monday Night Football:

http://ww1.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/archive/dec97/kiszlam121897.htm

http://www.llamapaedia.com/behavior/spitting.html