PDA

View Full Version : Drunken attractiveness: can it really happen?

Rain Man
01-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Assume that you're sober. It's a stretch, I know, but work with me.

You have several members of whatever gender you're attracted to wandering around, and they're all in varying degrees of intoxication, some sober and some soused. Due to a combination of unfortunate incidents licking frozen utility poles, picking up scalding pots, and being struck in the groin by a football on America's Funniest Home Videos, you will not be able to score with them under any circumstances or in any way, and can only talk with them.

Do you tend to find people more charming and interesting when they're drunk, or when they're sober?

Poll (hic) coming.

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Drunk, without question.

go bowe
01-16-2005, 11:45 PM
i don't know, it kinda depends on the person...

some are quite enjoyable sober and some are better when drunk...

oh, you said when they're drunk or sober...

nevermind...

KcMizzou
01-16-2005, 11:46 PM
Depends on the person, I guess. Some people are hilariously entertaining.. others are sloppy and embarassing. Some progress from entertaining to embarassing.

All I know is that I am always more charming and interesting when I'm drunk. Least I always think so...

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
All I know is that I am always more charming and interesting when I'm drunk. Least I always think so...

I think you are, no question about it.

KcMizzou
01-16-2005, 11:47 PM
I think you are, no question about it.Err.. thanks. I think..

:hmmm:
ROFL

Rain Man
01-16-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm asking because I was on the pedestrian mall the other night when three people came toward me (a man and two women). The women were leerable as I watched them approach, but as they got closer one of the women got all loud and obnoxious and then fell down, remaining loud and obnoxious. She went from leerable to sneerable in about five seconds in my opinion. It got me thinking about the topic of intoxication and charm.

The Pedestrian
01-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Drunk...other than making fools out of themselves, they reveal interesting--and possibly shocking--information.

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm asking because I was on the pedestrian mall the other night when three people came toward me (a man and two women). The women were leerable as I watched them approach, but as they got closer one of the women got all loud and obnoxious and then fell down, remaining loud and obnoxious. She went from leerable to sneerable in about five seconds in my opinion. It got me thinking about the topic of intoxication and charm.

What does leerable mean Rainman?

go bowe
I'm asking because I was on the pedestrian mall the other night when three people came toward me (a man and two women). The women were leerable as I watched them approach, but as they got closer one of the women got all loud and obnoxious and then fell down, remaining loud and obnoxious. She went from leerable to sneerable in about five seconds in my opinion. It got me thinking about the topic of intoxication and charm.you think of the strangest topics...

but it's always so much fun when you do... :) :) :)

KcMizzou
I'm asking because I was on the pedestrian mall the other night when three people came toward me (a man and two women). The women were leerable as I watched them approach, but as they got closer one of the women got all loud and obnoxious and then fell down, remaining loud and obnoxious. She went from leerable to sneerable in about five seconds in my opinion. It got me thinking about the topic of intoxication and charm.I think the degree of drunkeness has a lot to do with it. Loud, obnoxious, and falling down would be in the sloppy and embarassing category, IMO.

PastorMikH
01-16-2005, 11:51 PM
It can actually be rather funny conversing with a drunk person. I don't know which is funnier though, conversing with them when they are drunk or seeing the look on their face when you tell them what they did once they are sober again.

:)

go bowe
01-16-2005, 11:51 PM
What does leerable mean Rainman?able to be leered at, maybe?

you know, relatively hot...

or hotter...

or maybe just big jugs with pert nipples...

it's hard to keep track...

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:52 PM
I think the degree of drunkeness has a lot to do with it. Loud, obnoxious, and falling down would be in the sloppy and embarassing category, IMO.

The good news is she has "Im easy" written all over her.

Rain Man
What does leerable mean Rainman?

Worthy of leering.

KcMizzou
The good news is she has "Im easy" written all over her.Exactly... which I find very attractive and interesting.

ROFL

ENDelt260
01-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I find people more charming and interesting when *I'm* drunk.

When I'm sober, I pretty much wish they'd go the hell away... regardless of their sobriety level.

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:53 PM
able to be leered at, maybe?

you know, relatively hot...

or hotter...

or maybe just big jugs with pert nipples...

it's hard to keep track...

The word isn't in my on-line dictionary. Maybe Rainman is so smart is adds the word to it i suppose?

Miles
01-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Im not sure. I dont exaclty have a lot of experience talking to drunk chicks when im sober. I guess they would vary from interesting to just plain annoying.

Now if this hypo would allow me to be wasted i would definitly pick drunk ones (just not sloppy drunk).

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:54 PM

When I'm sober, I pretty much wish they'd go the hell away... regardless of their sobriety level.

Remind me to be drunk off my ass when i meet you.

KcMizzou
01-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Remind me to be drunk off my ass when i meet you.If you're not when you meet him, you're sure to be shortly after...

Rain Man
01-16-2005, 11:55 PM
The word isn't in my on-line dictionary. Maybe Rainman is so smart is adds the word to it i suppose?

I find dictionaries to be quite limiting.

Fairplay
01-16-2005, 11:56 PM
If you're not when you meet him, you're sure to be shortly after...

I've heard stories about that....................

Frazod
01-16-2005, 11:59 PM

I've never seen you sober. :D

ENDelt260
01-17-2005, 12:03 AM
I've heard stories about that....................
Bah... don't believe any of that nonsense. I don't know where people get these ideas.

ENDelt260
01-17-2005, 12:05 AM
I've never seen you sober. :D
That must be why I like you. :D

Frazod
01-17-2005, 12:07 AM
That must be why I like you. :D

I thought it was my Cardinals jersey. :)

Fairplay
01-17-2005, 12:10 AM

Hey Fraz im going to go down to Jupiter to see your Cards in preseason this spring.

Frazod
01-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey Fraz im going to go down to Jupiter to see your Cards in preseason this spring.

Cool.

If my vacation plans work out (dependent on the wife getting time off from her new job), I'll get to see them play the Rockies at Coors Field on Memorial Day.

Perhaps ENDelt can drive up and join me. :evil:

ENDelt260
01-17-2005, 12:13 AM
You f*cker.

Frazod
01-17-2005, 12:14 AM
You f*cker.

ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2005, 01:01 AM
I think people are more interesting when they are sober, due simply to the fact that that's when you get the real person to analyze, or talk to, or whatever. Although, the STUFF people DO and/or SAY when they're drunk is far more interesting.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 03:09 AM
I think there's a lot more dynamics involved than this poll allows.

An intoxicated person is one with few inhibitions. This can make them interesting or it can make them loathable. It really depends on the individual. I used to be a sloppy drunk, many years ago. Since I've matured slightly, I handle my alcohol well and can be a composed drunk or cut loose depending on the environment, my mood, and my choices at the time.

I generally don't like hanging out with drunk people when I'm sober. It has little appeal unless they're over the top on the entertainment scale. That's unlikely.

I chose "Most people are more interesting when they're sober, but a few are more interesting when they're drunk." I don't know why and please don't ask me again.

WHY AM I RESPONDING TO THIS AT 3:00 AM? I'm not even drunk either.

Ecto-I
01-17-2005, 04:14 AM
Wow! I'm honestly drunk right now, and by golly I think a lot of damn people open up and are pretty damn interesting when they're drunk. Man O man...what a night...what a night.

Ecto-I
01-17-2005, 04:18 AM
I do agree though, that if you're sober, drunk people are fools. That however, is never the case with me, as I join the fools in happy drunkeness in order to create a more interesting surrounding.

...and one final note for the evening...damn its good to be 21 and in college.

Rausch
01-17-2005, 04:34 AM
I've only talked about Hawking radiation and the conflicting theories about matter either never escaping a black hole or transforming and regurgitating in another location copletely and shiddy drunk...

And on top, made a sexual pun afterwards...

These moments made possible only by alcohol and our public school system...

Those times are few and far between and should be cherished...