PDA

View Full Version : Did I say smoke and mirrors?

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 07:23 AM
ROFL

I said it last week, the Colts are not as good as they seem. Pretty sure I was correct on this one. I don't want to hear about the weather, the field conditions, or anything. The Colts can't beat a good defense, plain and simple.

The Pats dominated that game, at no point were the Colts even close to doing anything, even when it was 6-3.

My favorite part of the game, which I don't think made it onto TV, was after Manning fumblel the ball Gillette Stadium erupted into a "CUT THAT MEAT, CUT THAT MEAT!" chant. Manning threw his hands up in disgust.

Man, today is a good day!

Dartgod
01-17-2005, 07:35 AM
My favorite part of the game, which I don't think made it onto TV, was after Manning fumblel the ball Gillette Stadium erupted into a "CUT THAT MEAT, CUT THAT MEAT!" chant. Manning threw his hands up in disgust.
That's awesome.

Oh, and you and your butt buddy Amnorix suck.

MichaelH
01-17-2005, 07:40 AM
It was nice to see Manning brought back down to earth. He's a good quarterback, but the weather and a great defense made him look mediocre.

ROYC75
01-17-2005, 07:45 AM
I wanted Indy to win this game, just because NE has been there in the SB recently !

Although Indy played a sucky game..... props on the win.

Cochise
01-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Well, he can't always win with little ground game to speak of and a defense that is mediocre on a good day.

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Well, he can't always win with little ground game to speak of and a defense that is mediocre on a good day.

Correct, but he can against shit bum teams. and that is what I said last week. That little ground game might be because he played against a D that actually can play.

Ari Chi3fs
01-17-2005, 08:41 AM
at least Manning owned the fuggin Donkos!!! :)

Thig Lyfe
01-17-2005, 08:41 AM
WHAT IS WITH THE SMOKE... FOOOOO! THERE ARE CHILDREN, NO SMOKE PLEASE!!!!!

2bikemike
01-17-2005, 08:45 AM
New England did a great job keeping Manning off the field and not allowing him to get into a rhythum. It was kinda funny looking at him sitting on the bench helpless.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Correct, but he can against shit bum teams. and that is what I said last week. That little ground game might be because he played against a D that actually can play.

Indy isn't overrated which is what you're suggesting... Indy/NE is one of those interesting scenarios (I think) where one team flat out owns another team.

I'd like to see NE at Indy... if you did 10 games and split home and home, it's likely a 5-5 series. Who knows?

What do you think they'll do at Pitt this weekend?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 09:49 AM

I said this many times yesterday. Indy is going to need to develop a Power rushing attack if they want to win in January. I beleive that Edge is a very soft runner and for whatever reason, they abandon the run way too early. Maybe its because they pay the big bucks to Peyton so they base all their game plans around his arm??? I dont know? The game was so close for most of the game, they should have been pounding the ball instead of relying on Peytons arm so much. Elway didnt win the big dance until he had the power rushing style of T Davis.

MGRS13
01-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Well enjoy your week because the steelers, with a rookie QB, will make you guys look alot like the colts this weekend.

ENDelt260
01-17-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm not very bright. What does cut that meat mean?

RNR
01-17-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm not very bright. What does cut that meat mean?
The TV ad where Peyton cheers regular people like a fan.

gblowfish
ROFL

Man, today is a good day!I guess that's better than 60,000 people screaming "CUT THAT CHEESE!!"

ENDelt260
The TV ad where Peyton cheers regular people like a fan.
Duh. Forgot about that.

Rain Man
01-17-2005, 09:59 AM
The excitement in cadmonkey's voice reminds me a lot of 1969.

(I just have to ... stretch my toe ... a little more ... to reach the trigger ...)

ROYC75
01-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Turnovers and dropped passes didn't help the Colts any either.

Indy is probally believing they can't beat NE and ends up trying to hard , thus creating mental mistakes.

Whatever the reasons may be, Indy just plain out sucked yesterday.

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Well enjoy your week because the steelers, with a rookie QB, will make you guys look alot like the colts this weekend.

I'm not seeing that happening. When we played them last time we had not running back. Dillon was hurt and you can't expect Kevin Faulk to carry the load, thus making the Patriots a very one dimensional team.

Brady had an awful game, throwing a Int. for a TD. This then made NE have to play catch up the whole game.

Ben Rothlisberger played very rookie like on saturday and, with Belichick getting look at how he plays already, will do so again. If the patriots can stop the Bus and put the ball in Rothlisberger's hands the Pats win.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm not seeing that happening. When we played them last time we had not running back. Dillon was hurt and you can't expect Kevin Faulk to carry the load, thus making the Patriots a very one dimensional team.

Brady had an awful game, throwing a Int. for a TD. This then made NE have to play catch up the whole game.

Ben Rothlisberger played very rookie like on saturday and, with Belichick getting look at how he plays already, will do so again. If the patriots can stop the Bus and put the ball in Rothlisberger's hands the Pats win.

So, you're saying no way in hell NE loses, right?

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 10:25 AM

If Belleicheck can make Peyton Manning look like a bitch soo many times, He certainly can do the same thing to Roethlisberger.....

MGRS13
01-17-2005, 10:36 AM
If Belleicheck can make Peyton Manning look like a bitch soo many times, He certainly can do the same thing to Roethlisberger.....
His problem isnt going to be big ben it's going to be pitts defense, and I don't think he had an answer for it the first time they plyed this year nor do I think he'll have an answer for it this time.

OldTownChief
01-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Disguisted that he didn't hold out for 2 mil for the comercial instead of 1 mil.

OldTownChief
01-17-2005, 10:53 AM
My favorite part of the game, which I don't think made it onto TV, was after Manning fumblel the ball Gillette Stadium erupted into a "CUT THAT MEAT, CUT THAT MEAT!" chant.

Not hard to see why that would be the favorite part of a Pats game.

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM

No. The Patriots can easily lose this week. The chances that the Steelers play as bad as they did this week are slim to none, and slim's on vacation.

What I am saying is if the game gets put into the Hands of a rookie QB, who in my opinion hasn't done anything to make his team win, the Patriots win.

If the running game for the Steelers is not stopped the Steelers win. Rothlisberger does just enough to not lose, like Brady did in 2001. I feel that Belichick can exploit Big Ben if it comes down to it. The Jets have a good Defense and they made him look bad. The patriots have a great Defense and can make him look awful.

But yes, I do feel that the Pats can lose. I'm not one of those "There is no way MY TEAM will ever lose" fans. I see things realisticaly (sp).

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 11:41 AM
His problem isnt going to be big ben it's going to be pitts defense, and I don't think he had an answer for it the first time they plyed this year nor do I think he'll have an answer for it this time.

We had no running back. Dillon was hurt, we were on dimensional. Different offense showing up this week.

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Not hard to see why that would be the favorite part of a Pats game.

Why is that not hard to see?

go bowe
01-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Correct, but he can against shit bum teams. and that is what I said last week. That little ground game might be because he played against a D that actually can play.shit bum teams?

you mean like denver??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

go bowe
01-17-2005, 11:45 AM
WHAT IS WITH THE SMOKE... FOOOOO! THERE ARE CHILDREN, NO SMOKE PLEASE!!!!!it's fooooooo chit! :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 11:50 AM
shit bum teams?

you mean like denver??? ROFL ROFL ROFL

Exactly! :)

go bowe
01-17-2005, 11:52 AM
The excitement in cadmonkey's voice reminds me a lot of 1969.

(I just have to ... stretch my toe ... a little more ... to reach the trigger ...)wow, i just noticed you've got a stick man in your avatar...

i feel so comforted knowing that he's back... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

go bowe
01-17-2005, 12:07 PM

Ben Rothlisberger played very rookie like on saturday and, with Belichick getting look at how he plays already, will do so again. If the patriots can stop the Bus and put the ball in Rothlisberger's hands the Pats win.if the pats offense had so much trouble scoring against the crappy colts defense, just think how entertaining this game will be against a good steeler defense...

i think it will be a great game to watch...

good luck to your pats, mr. monkey... :toast:

but i'll be cheering for the steelers... :p :p :p

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 12:42 PM
but i'll be cheering for the steelers... :p :p :p

EHH, I FIGURED AS MUCH nlm

MGRS13
01-17-2005, 12:49 PM
We had no running back. Dillon was hurt, we were on dimensional. Different offense showing up this week.
Yea the offense that had a hard time scoring on the colts defense. The most important thing this week isnt what is different about the pats its whats the same about the steelers and thats the best defense in the league!

Bearcat
01-17-2005, 12:58 PM
ROFL

I said it last week, the Colts are not as good as they seem. Pretty sure I was correct on this one. I don't want to hear about the weather, the field conditions, or anything. The Colts can't beat a good defense, plain and simple.

The Pats dominated that game, at no point were the Colts even close to doing anything, even when it was 6-3.

Man, today is a good day!

Every year the media gets sucked into the entertaining offenses... hell, everyone was picking the Rams because they were one year the greatest show on turf. Same for the Colts/Pats, and even the "UNC is the best basketball team in the nation" crap.

Why we must be reminded every year that defense wins championships is beyond me....

beer bacon
01-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I hope their is an ice or snow storm in Pitt next weekend. I have a feeling the score of this AFC Championship is going to be something like 9-6. Please let their be a blizzard so the game will at least be enjoyable :deevee:

Bearcat
01-17-2005, 01:12 PM
I hope their is an ice or snow storm in Pitt next weekend. I have a feeling the score of this AFC Championship is going to be something like 9-6. Please let their be a blizzard so the game will at least be enjoyable :deevee:

Atlanta's and Philadelphia's defenses will do well, too.....

4 teams --- combined, will they score more or less than the Chiefs scored against, say, Atlanta? ;)

tk13
01-17-2005, 01:15 PM
I saw a stat this weekend that since 2001 when their Super Bowl run started, Belichick and the Patriots are 13-0 when they face a QB a 2nd time in a season, like they did with Manning yesterday. If Ben pulls it off it'll be quite a feat.

cadmonkey
01-17-2005, 01:19 PM
I saw a stat this weekend that since 2001 when their Super Bowl run started, Belichick and the Patriots are 13-0 when they face a QB a 2nd time in a season, like they did with Manning yesterday. If Ben pulls it off it'll be quite a feat.

Its pretty tough to beat Mr. Belichick twice.