PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion, what trade value is Dante Hall ?

ROYC75
01-17-2005, 11:14 AM
If you were a coach or GM from another team, what would you be willing to give up in a draft choice for Dante Hall.

Just curious of what the BB thinks ?

Hoover
01-17-2005, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't give anything for him. He doesn't touch the ball enough.

bricks
01-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Nothing really. all he is is a KR/PR, 3rd or 4th WR. Maybe a 5th round pick, 4th the most.

Woodrow Call
01-17-2005, 11:16 AM
3rd maybe. 4th or 5th most likely. Return men cant have much value even a great one like Dante.

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't give anything for him. He doesn't touch the ball enough.
Agreed

Deberg_1990
01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
3rd maybe. 4th or 5th most likely. Return men cant have much value even a great one like Dante.

Exactly, hes not worth giving up for what you would get in return. YOu dont trade a player like that anyways. There are 2 maybe 3 other guys in the league capable of doing what he does. Maybe not even that many? You dont give away weapons like that.

Mile High Mania
The other thing about a return guy is... he can kick ass in one system and be average in another.

Maybe a R6 selection...

ROYC75
I have to agree with most here, KP/PR /part time WR you can find in the draft in late rounds.

vckcchiefs04
01-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Until he proves to be a good reciever, he would get a 4th or 5th rounder, not enough to let a weapon like him go. Dante is a Chief for his whole career. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
KC should trade Holmes and resign Blaylock as insurance to Johnson. KC could likely get a R2 or R3 pick for Holmes ... hell maybe a player and a pick or two mid round picks for Holmes.

He has big injury questions and is over 30...

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2005, 11:22 AM
low 4th....high 5th

Cochise
01-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Good lord. The offseason is here. It's time for the "why dont we trade" threads for everyone on the team.

Gonna be a long 6 months until camp...

Ari Chi3fs
01-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Why dont we trade the Chiefs for the Patriots?

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:27 AM

Yeah, I'd give a couple high draft picks even.

Bob Dole
01-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'd give a couple high draft picks even.

Hell, Bob Dole will throw his left nut in on the deal. It's not getting used much any more, anyway.

ENDelt260
01-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I did that at the sporting good store weeks ago.

CHIEF4EVER
01-17-2005, 11:36 AM
KC should trade Holmes and resign Blaylock as insurance to Johnson. KC could likely get a R2 or R3 pick for Holmes ... hell maybe a player and a pick or two mid round picks for Holmes.

Yes, and I am sure Dungver would love to see him in their putrid colored uniform. Dream on Donkey!!!!!!!! :pROFL

go bowe
01-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, and I am sure Dungver would love to see him in their putrid colored uniform. Dream on Donkey!!!!!!!! :pROFLyou tell 'im, bro... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

CrazyHorse
01-17-2005, 11:40 AM
If I didn't know better, I would think that we are grossly underestimating the importance of special teams.

While half this board was ready to burn a 2nd rounder for a kicker last off-season, you are estimating trade value for Dante Hall somewhere between the 4th and 7th round.

IMO he is the Joe Montana of kick returners. Vermiel said that he is the best he has ever seen. He also stated that a KR is usually good for a couple years before he starts to become gun shy of the cumulative hits he has taken. They quit attacking the coverage teams. Vermiel stated that Dante gets more aggressive with each kick.

Though Dante is not a good WR, I could care less. In my opinion there are few players on this team that would be tougher to replace. Even if you were to spend a 1st round pick on them.

Perhaps it is me that is gun shy. Drafting players in the draft has yielded very little. The only good picks we have had that I can think of have been trading the picks for current NFL players.

For example Roaf. We traded a 2nd and a 3rd or something like that. It may not have been that much.

If you look at our 2nd rounders in the last few drafts, you'll find that and aging Roaf in the decline of his carreer, is better than all of them combined.

I doubt there is a trade market for Hall. You would never get what he is worth. Because no one in the NFL values the Special teams to the degree that they should.

DTLB58
01-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Myself, I keep him.

His trade value, He was drafted as a 5th round pick, so now that he IS a proven kick returner in the NFL I say he would now be valued higher than his drafted round. Make sense? I'd say a 3rd rounder.

CHIEF4EVER
01-17-2005, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't trade him for a first rounder. A returner of his caliber is so hard to find that his value is higher than where he was drafted or what other position he can play. What other returner since "White Shoes" have other teams had to actually kick away from in their game plan?

Skip Towne
01-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I can think of at least three games that we would not have won without him.

redhed
01-17-2005, 12:33 PM
As long as we're dreaming...

Dante Hall for Ray Lewis. Straight up.

Raisins then proceed to make Dante into a shut-down corner in the mold of the great Dexter McLeon... oh wait... uh, nevermind...

MGRS13
01-17-2005, 12:54 PM
I bet the donx would give up alot for him that way they wouldn't have to be his bitch any more. Dante owns your ass denver!

2bikemike
01-17-2005, 02:08 PM

I don't know why but I get the feeling that if Priest were traded he would just go ahead and retire.

I don't think that he has a whole lot of trade value because everybody will be wondering if he is just gonna hang it up soon.