PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Tom Brady" Thread

blsilks
01-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Tom Brady is just another Bernie Kosar with a better team.

Spicy McHaggis
01-17-2005, 02:31 PM
He's a winner. That's all that matters.

Demonpenz
01-17-2005, 03:15 PM
I get the feeling with all his playoff experience already, he is the calmest guy on field. Looking more like joe cool every playoff

MGRS13
01-17-2005, 04:10 PM
soon to be Tom(owned by the Pittsburgh Steelers)Brady......I'm not even a steelers fan but that defense, and not big ben, is just awesome.

Kerberos
01-17-2005, 04:14 PM
soon to be Tom(owned by the Pittsburgh Steelers)Brady......I'm not even a steelers fan but that defense, and not big ben, is just awesome.

I will have to agree that spitsburg has a MUCH better defense than the Colts and will give Tom Brady much more to think about this week.

That being said ... Spitsburg will have to go against a damn good defense too ... it "Should Be" a low scoring game ... last team with a good drive and a field goal may win this one!

IMO

:)

Cliff

Phobia
01-17-2005, 04:17 PM
Have we not heard enough about Tom Brady on the television that we also are forced to read about him on our home website?

Mile High Mania
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Then... gimme the next Kosar.

beavis
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
I think Joe Montana is more of a fair comparison.

Ari Chi3fs
01-17-2005, 04:19 PM
he could have his 3rd Ring at the age of 27. Its conceiveable that he has 10 years left. he could surpass Joe with SB rings.

Amnorix
01-17-2005, 04:27 PM

And a guy with a "lucky" coach on a mediocre team too, right?

What is your deal with the Patriots? Were you gang-raped in their locker room or something? :spock: :hmmm: :shrug:

siberian khatru
01-17-2005, 04:28 PM
And a guy with a "lucky" coach on a mediocre team too, right?

What is your deal with the Patriots? Were you gang-raped in their locker room or something? :spock: :hmmm: :shrug:

blsilks = Lisa Olson

Sure-Oz
01-17-2005, 04:29 PM
I am kinda sick of the pats too, I just want to see 2 different teams in this year's SB. I do respect the pats though and what they have done. Plus every female friend i have wants Tom Brady, so i can't have them oggling him the whole time during the SB, since they don't think mcnabb is hot or rothlisbereger. It gets old after a bit.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 04:30 PM

Makes you really question your fandom, doesn't it? They also sacrifice cute, fuzzy animals in that locker room, too.

How does that make you feel, Mr. Bigshot?

Amnorix
01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Makes you really question your fandom, doesn't it? They also sacrifice cute, fuzzy animals in that locker room, too.

How does that make you feel, Mr. Bigshot?

Pfeh. I'll take nearly anything short of satanic rituals to have the NFL's best team over the first decade of teh first millenium, which is what they are (so far anyway).

:p

Mile High Mania
01-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Pfeh. I'll take nearly anything short of satanic rituals to have the NFL's best team over the first decade of teh first millenium, which is what they are (so far anyway).

:p

Well, it's early... we'll see how they live through the next through years of Free Agency. They've done well so far, but we'll see.

Amnorix
01-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Well, it's early... we'll see how they live through the next through years of Free Agency. They've done well so far, but we'll see.

We have a young, talented nucleus. The big challenges over the next 3 years, IMHO are (1) replacing their Offensive and Defensive Coordinators, and (2) keeping our linebacker play at high levels as our LBs get older (i.e. bringing in enough fresh blood).

Brady, Givens, Branch, Light, Seymour, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, Ty Warren, Daniel Graham, Vince Wilfork, and a number of other starters and key contributors are all very early in their careers.

The guys we need to replace before they get too old too fast are key members of the team, especially on defense:

Willie McGinest
Ty Law (gone after this year)
Ted Johnson
Tedy Bruschi
Roman Phifer (oldest LB in the NFL)
Rodney Harrison

That's alot of defensive star power that needs to be replaced or maintained.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2005, 04:51 PM
We have a young, talented nucleus. The big challenges over the next 3 years, IMHO are (1) replacing their Offensive and Defensive Coordinators, and (2) keeping our linebacker play at high levels as our LBs get older (i.e. bringing in enough fresh blood).

Brady, Givens, Branch, Light, Seymour, Eugene Wilson, Asante Samuel, Ty Warren, Daniel Graham, Vince Wilfork, and a number of other starters and key contributors are all very early in their careers.

The guys we need to replace before they get too old too fast are key members of the team, especially on defense:

Willie McGinest
Ty Law (gone after this year)
Ted Johnson
Tedy Bruschi
Roman Phifer (oldest LB in the NFL)
Rodney Harrison

That's alot of defensive star power that needs to be replaced or maintained.

Right, they've done a fine job so far... but as this team continues to rock and these young guys get closer to their "next big contract", NE will have to make some tough calls.

The key will be how they replace them - so far, they've done well. But, they won't continue to knock the ball out of the park on decisions in letting players go for bigger money and replacing them with cheaper (younger) talent.

You know? At some point, either FA or other teams will catch up to them.

Sure-Oz
01-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I still can't believe Payton didn't go after Troy Brown more in that game, I mean wtf, it's a WR covering a WR.

Amnorix
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
younger) talent.

You know? At some point, either FA or other teams will catch up to them.

IMHO, as long as BB/Pioli are running the show, we're in good shape. Players have shown a willignness to sign for less dollars with us than other teams (Bruschi, Colvin, McGinest, Dillon), so I'm hoping that the Patriots mystique, or cachet, or whatever, will keep us from losing too many people to Free Agency, while giving us the ability to sign some low/middle FA's from other teams like a Roman Phifer, Mike Vrabel, etc.

The Pats have zero cap problems at the moment, anyway. They are ruthless in managing it (see Milloy, Lawyer...)

The Bad Guy
01-17-2005, 04:56 PM

I hate the Pats too, but have some damn perspective please.

PatsWin2002
01-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Hating the Patriots is un-American! ;)

Brock
01-17-2005, 05:09 PM

I assume you're kidding. If not, you're very dumb.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I assume you're kidding. If not, you're very dumb.

Can we go with dumb? That's so much more entertaining.